It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 189
<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

The first question to be answered is, why do you believe you're having contact with a sentient being?
And the answer to that is surprisingly simple, look at nature!
68% dark energy, 27% dark matter, our collective mass is less than 5% of all mass in the universe! And we have self-awareness, animals also they say some plants have it, the real one message is, there is a lot going on behind the curtain limiting our perception!
But that leads to a lot of possibilities, from plants, to 11 dimensions, to a multiverse, ET, pretty much everything you imagine is possible. While everything is possible, ants alone have a few symbiotic relations, with fungi, with plant louse, feeding or stressing to harvest a product the "others" make.
That's what's happening to us, with a huge communication barrier. Money gets harvested. Life. We kill to eat, maybe someone we're blind to kills us to eat? Emotions. Imagination. Our excrements. Maybe all we do and all we touch is part of the life circle from someone else? Maybe just one, who knows?
But the possibility can't be ignored, we're just 5%!

Fun thought: the 100% universe matter-energy volume, might be just a kind of cage, or terrarium, or cave, or host body, will say:not everything there is but just the environment we can perceive, a box in a box, in a box...

edit on 14-6-2016 by Peeple because: Add

Does it qualify as synchronicity, or is it confirmation bias, if I see, trees have sleep cycles as confirmation?

edit on 14-6-2016 by Peeple because: Questions

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Everything is interacting with everything else? Maybe that is what our “soul” is. It is like gravity. It seems to be there but you can’t really find it (if I could, I would be so outta here!) but you can describe the effects. So all the things out there exert pressure on our little lives and infuse us with soul. Everybody except the anti-Elvis that is! Elvis is everywhere! Gravity lives! Elvis is everybody!

Recursion is always an issue. You always ask, how many levels deep does this need to go? What a weird universe we are in. To help us observe and be aware yet keep things hidden. We cleaver little monkeys do like figuring things out and it seems that that pleasure comes with our hardware. The brain is a great and wonderful observer; look what we have done in the past 2,000 or so years. Not everything is so great but we are building fusion devices that create helium from hydrogen isotopes... wonder what Newton would think about that?

Michael J. Fox has no Elvis in him! - Mojo Nixon, (prophet)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Everything's not lost.

If you dare to throw Elvis in I counter with Coldplay.

Add: jk of course, you can't argue taste.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

you can't argue taste

I beg to differ ... or argue.

But as to your epiphany, that's sorta what we've been dancing around here for some time... basically, the old Charles Fort statement stands ... we're property.

Weeee!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Not necessarily, symbiotic seems plausible.
Pure mammal carnivorous is rare, I believe?
Like fungi and ants, birds eating bugs to preserve the balance for the plants, is also possible, an indirect symbiosis?

All from the point of, there is something there, is pure conjecture. So of course I could be wrong and we are food. But hopefully it is just after stuff we produce.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Hopefully just after our byproducts, though the darker hints that "they" like strife and death makes me a tad nervous. Symbiotic is likely, either way, and something existing on emotional energy isn't so far out.

The interest in us at all def points to some benefit for them, though them being dark matter hippies is possible, I guess... maybe there really are factions, and a dark matter PETA equivalent exists for ethical treatment of humans, or DETH (Dark matter critters for Ethical Treatment of Humans). Sometimes the acronyms write themselves!

Or (and) KPB is correct and they lay eggs in us ... but a relationship is pretty likely.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Look at the stars, look how they shine for you
And everything that you do, they were all yellow...

I actually learned how to play this one! I have a few songs that I play on my baritone guitar for, "Hey! I know that song" looks I get. You should have seen my friend light up when, having never touched one before, I picked up his banjo and plinked out Come as you are! So what do you expect from a classical guitar player, who loves all kinds of music, spent time in jazz band, played rock on the weekends, and loves strange crap like Mojo Nixon, Jon Luc Ponty, Mississippi John Hurt, Randy Rhoads, Satch, Eric Johnson, Zappa, and still have room for Pete Townsend (refusing to add the 'h' in total defiance... Take that woo!!)?
That is just great. We are slaves to unseen microbes! Like to toxoplasma gondii (There is my new stage name, "Toxoplasma Ghandii"! And look! I found the 'h' again, ohh well!)? Maybe they are more like midichlorians and one day, after jogging through the jungle with a little man strapped to my back, I will be able to lift the boulder using nothing but my mind tricks! Sorry, couldn't stop myself. Or was it not me? The plasma made me do it!

Just be glad that none of this ended up over there where everybody is paying attention. I like the idea! There is something emergent happening and we are looking in wonder at the carbon colored monolith while others run around bashing skulls in.

What does it mean??

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Toxoplasmatic Gandhi...?

I wonder if something definitive will ever finally happen as far as vindication that we share this place with invisible sentience, germ size or not ... and on some days (like today) the synchronicity is so astounding I'm sure it's building up to something stupendous and then ... pfffft.

Sometimes I'd like to admit my powerlessness and throw myself on the doorstep of the local, invisible DETH offices and just plead to be returned to the matrix for my yummy steak and placid ignorance... and was having an argument about how it's dignified to have all information available, even if the info is terrible.. .but really, perhaps some ignorance is a mercy.

Luckily, there are remedies for such pessimism in our world... fermentation and/or certain botanical beings, for instance.

But someday, perhaps we'll build a longboat capable of dark matter sailing and raid the overlords with a group of crazed humanzee Vikings... heh, maybe they are a wee bit wary of us.. .I am!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I'm going to do my damndest to pass a torch to the next guy.

I do not prefer all the toxic B.S. that we are drowning in.

I know That "nothing matters...all probabilities happen...nothing to win or lose..."

But kicking up ones legs and living is also allowed.

Kev

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
To all with much love:

Hold your breath, you just made the second big statement, "a relationship is likely".
So we got, there is something and we interact. They don't just kill us.

The annoying pain in the ass question is,
The military knows. But if we can figure out it exists, they did too, they have all the data!
Who else? And how much?
That's dangerous, especially in the current political climate.
What kind of relationship do we have and how could we tell?

I feel like the biggest impact they have on us, is "psychological".
I guess the real mystery is, what is what, and who is "helping"?
Don't you also get a feeling of at least two parties playing with our mind?
Tv could be hypnosis. Could be human.
Question is, for or against, or independent from the "critter"? Or unaware of?
Maybe they believe it is ET with space bending time machines?
Or the magnitude of them does. The military.
NASA is probably thinking multiverse, dimensions stuff...

Do we have a spiritual elite? Is Madonna a critter priest?
They'd also know, I am thinking Uri Geller.
At least at some point military and spiritual people worked together.
Did the critters cooperate, or was it unconvincing for the serious military men?
It's not like riding a horse, they definitely do what they want and not when we want it.
Why is it secret? If it is symbiotic, what do they take and what do they give?

Probably we are the first ones to say, they are invisible biological beings?

Mr PrettyBear knew it far before me, is there already a whole circle aware of it?

edit on 15-6-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
What conjecture did they achieve from their direct experience?
I try to be "friends" with them, does that make me an automatic enemy to others?
if it were provable there are, is a being influencing our brain, wouldn't that encourage the less scientific minds to sacrifice blood for "god"?
Doesn't that sound wrong?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Invisible post technological singularity formerly biological beings in some cases. (the imps).

Always "energy in symbiosis with biological systems" for others "the 'chakra' dark cold plasma beings". We are part of their bodies.

And apparently "the dead".

I'd say that all 3 factions lie to varying degrees with varying agendas.

Add in the letter folks and cultists / some scientists and it's all a huge circle jerk.

Kev

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Shaman know That all "spirits" lie. Keep that in mind always and your fundamental relationship with "the other" changes radically.

Its like how politicians and white collar criminals respect each other.

Once you know and accept "the game" You become respected.

Kev

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Of course they lie, diplomatic lies.
Like we should do.
But limited channels to have any exchange at all, could be part of the problem. That and the unfathomable absolute strangeness.
Not many people have a chat with "them" in dolby surround, if any at all.
Also a big problem, access to the source without getting distracted by any cultural memes.
They could be all that, nothing or something entirely different.
Maybe not they lie but our interpretation is wrong?
Describe your emotions kind of scenario.

I think I did it again, I am such a hippy! "It's just misunderstood! Come here sharky, who wants a bite-y?"

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

At the deepest level, all "sentient beings" of any complexity lie to themselves constantly; if you don't, you stop existing in the form that you cherish.

When humans stop lying to themselves about who they are, their "old selves" fall away. Their "souls" fall away.

But they keep "existing' due to physical brain memory. Their biology anchors them.

But the "energy critters" cannot stop lying, or they cease to exist entirely. They have no biology to keep them going.

This is why "naming a fae" for example is a form of rape/murder to them, unless done perfectly.

If you penetrate their 'false self image', they have nothing to fall back to.

Once you know and live a few of these "secrets", the "spirits" treat you completely differently.

It seems that you and BD and others want to live in a my little pony mystical paradise..

Well those worlds exist.. but it's not "this one". Not right now anyway.

Beings lying to keep existing is a universal.

If "lying" is too much for you.. other words.. such as "choosing to manifest in a certain way,
even if it hurts others" or something else... "selective fact sharing".."kissing the blarney stone".

Kev

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Also to each other, developing strategies which are simply out there, just to be more successful in increasing our supply of food and other "ingredients" we use to produce something the next bigger species can use.
Just now maybe self aware enough to question its motive?

In my own narrative was ars vivendi, very "present". Maybe more focus on the art?
It doesn't just say King Paul is a lame, brutal son of a bitch, but it turns him into a wolf, or something more creative, still carrying the message.
Our biblical stories, all religious texts, the occult, all is art. Fiction.
But it clearly says: watch out! You're not alone!

Or is the next step to say all pantheons ever imagined were created after the image of earthly "celebrities"?
Very likely. Hercules was maybe many different people.
Is that the key to immortality?
Is there a true religious tradition? And what would it have to make it genuine?
Unification. The power to call all of us under one banner.

Every contemporary piece of art needs to be treated as if carrying a piece of truth.
We need to make new lies we can tell each other till the next leap of revelation.

I can literally feel the breathe of furious experts in greek mythology. But yes I believe they study ancient greeks people magazine.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

There is no spiritual path. There is only life, mostly brutal, ungraspable life.

We try to catch the entire universe in one small butterfly net, then rant and pout when "it" does not cooperate.

But we can learn to be more aware and better symbiotic partners---eventually.

Call that spirituality if you must.

Kev

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

The thin line between constructive and destructive, the balance, or good and evil?
Being less judgmental certainly would allow for more information exchange.
What do we contribute, what could we contribute?
We are already born with a debt, think about that.
Sounds familiar but I am not talking about money.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Here is some more confirmation bias for you!

BBC News - There are microbes that eat and poo nothing but electricity

So why not disembodied plasma symbiosis? Life, like humans, is weirder than we want to believe.

I wonder how they wipe themselves? Is electricity sticky? Is lightning nothing more than diarrhea of these guys?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

thanks.

Maybe I can use that.

I don't know if that's violating some rules, but BASSPLYR said something smart

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: SpaceGoatFart

Hi,

Im just a lurker trying to follow along in this thread.

Dark matter/energy. Could you explain what the term refers to? Is it the observed discrepancies in the energy required to create the univers as it is vs the actual energy measured? If so, would this dark energy/matter really be a placeholder term for the fact that we cant account for the energy required to build the universe as we observe it to require.

This simplifies things somewhat as its not secret matter floating around that can secretly construct secret things, but just a discrepancy in where all the energy in the universe comes from.

Im not saying any of this points to god/s or anything.

Just that it points to the standard model being wrong.

Personally I believe Einstein and his relativity theory is mostly correct but was grasping at straws when it decided that since it cant account for gravity they were just going to make s up and get into geodesics, gravity warping space and time etc... what if thats the point where the standard model got it wrong?

I say find a better theory that can couple with relativity and quantum phenomena that explains how we get inertial mass and gravity and we as a species will be back on track to understanding the universe.

Like what if gravity isnt a fundamental force at all? Just a side thing that happens as a second degree order of a force we do understand(or at least thought we did, but failed to see its vastness and scope and in turn failed to see the forest for the trees. )

Could this fundamental shift in understanding this hypothetical process aid to understanding other phenomena such as parapsychology, entanglement, unification of forces and physics.

Could it also allow sentience to exist on a larger scale than we assumed exploiting this same hypothetical discovery.

To quote a unsubstantiated quote supposedly from ben rich of lockheed skunk works at a ucla engineer dept lecture before he died.

"There is an error in the equations. We now know what it is..."

Personally I think if we understand why "c" has a speed limit, the rest will unravel and reveal its self and the nature of inertial mass and gravity will be simply understood, and that its possible this discovery will open up highly plausible explanations to ideas such as sentient plasmas, quantum entanglement, paranormal, even dark matter and symmetry etc.

It all, in my opinion, goes back to einstein. He got it right, except for geodesics and gravity warping space time. And thats been our largest hamstring since thats preventing real progress instead of what we got now which is everybody scrambling to interpret observations to fit with a flawed model and in turn inventing stuff like dark matter and such to arbitrarily call it, assuming that this conjecture will somehow explain a flawed paradigm.

We entered the realm of speculation even sooner than thought, gravity. You can't believe in gravity beyond the obvious effect it has.

top topics

<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join