It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 187
<< 184  185  186    188  189  190 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Heh, I've had my share of dealing with freak outs under various T&C instances and am always the confessor priest, as well... it's amazing what people tell you when you express interest and aren't a judgemental idjit...

but that one instance was... more noteworthy for some reason. Garden variety paranoia comes with the territory, but that one instance, for me, gave me the shivers!

And if in 2019 someone leaves me in the lab with the nifty time-machine, I'll refrain from pressing any buttons... though that might mean we are in a pocket time universe and will fade in 2019 ...heh

ETA: and thinking some more, ol' astr0 DID mention a whole lot about clones, didn't he? Maybe the non-aging friend of Olaru's was a clone! I've seen my own doppelganger once driving the opposite direction in high school... same car, face, shades, and clothes I own but was not wearing that day, and being a punk back then, I wore odd outfits. Also, at the same general time, I was getting many reports of people seeing me around town, doing things I once did, but didn't anymore (like a major chess tourny where my double did very well, apparently, but I had retired from the circuit by then in my timeline, anyway).

So maybe clones, maybe "skinwalkers" or maybe alternate universe bleed throughs... or something even weirder!

edit on 6/10/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Have you noticed how the aggressive A**** memeplex (that's a real technical phrase) has now managed to merge with the toxic and aggressive dimensional shifting memeplex and others?

One bit of rancid nonsense can eventually take over the world like a religion, given enough time and memetic evolution.

Kev
edit on 10-6-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: Typo

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Rancid memeplexes abound in the human collecive! Someday you will slay the astr0 dragon, though, sir.

The ME silliness has a core, rare, non-silly component, though, once memory plasticity is accounted for there remains a few that hold some interest for me... and who am I to know if someone came from a world where South America was 2400 km more to the West? Heh.

I liked the clairvoyant view for flyintheointments thread asking for remote viewing of the "ME" where it was reported a few entities were toying with people to knock the hubris outta them... could be!

I'm still on fence over if it is anything unusual, or new... but admit to being "effected" ... as I've said, though, it's a silly, amusing internet meme ...until we awake one day to President Comacho ruling over the Disunited Territories of Taurid!

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Nice cool response.

I'd say that the "invisible college" that chucks stuff into my unconscious does NOT like some of the other "players". Actually that is an understatement.

Hopefully I can back off of some of my aggressive behavior now.

I seem to be migrating to another faction right now.

Kev

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

That there are invisible factions I've little (to no) doubt. As to invisibles, there is no doubt at all.

It's the "team sport" aspects that leave me scratching my monkey fur... I surely love me the happy, light, humorous and wise factions, but recognize the dark bastards as necessary to appreciate any good... ol' fashioned dualism has a place in this realm, or is, in fact, the realm in which we dwell.

But how it all fits leaves me curled in a fetal position, in the corner of my sanitarium... trying to balance a chuckle with the maniacal laughter that never ends.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

We are the hardware platform of choice for the "factions" in this neck of the woods.

It's not glamorous, but someone has to do the skut work.

Our sense of self is simply the residue of the factions doing their proxy shenanigans through us.

"Humanity as a whole" IS one of the factions, but very few people are consciously aware of this I would say.

Kev

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Your [ETA] is not weird (or, WEIRD) in any sense of the term! *sticks out tongue*

So if we do have a clone out there, what would their experiences do to our collective conscious? Do we just blink and say, "meh, so that is how that dude in The Who spells his name now" or do you stand up and say, "Heeeeeeyyyyyy, Wait just a second here!"? The flag gets raised and people take sides. Electrons flash fast a furious around here (not sure how other sites are handling MEs).

Seems to be more polarizing than the regular red-state vs blue-state thang. So congrats to TPTB on finding yet another way to keep us separated!

And I change my vote! I now will vote: Peeple for president of the Netherland's World Order, 2016!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Now you made me look up the word rancid, I knew the band, but never thought about what it means.
And for the ME: how come it's always just trivial things that change and why isn't there one who switches with valuable information? Seems to me it's the same like RV or chanelling, trickster games.
But interestingly Mandela Effect, replaces Middle East, look the other way nothing to see, a MK-meme?

I already am Queen of the Milkyway, sorry. That would be a conflict of interest.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Sweet! At least I know one "royalty" family member!

U R our gnu president!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Gnu?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Drunkin speech for "new" (wow! Stupid auto correct does not like me now! Later!! Know when to stop...)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Spitballing some more...

That portion of our alleged dilemNa, that humans/us are hardware platforms for energy factions, is the meat of the matter (literally).

That portion of perception/ thought that we perceive as "us" is all we know, and despite our blurred perceptions and basically living in a delusion, here, that portion of us is all we seemingly have ... but we must be more than that, or at least there must be more to the story, or there would be no deception or manipulation. Whatever these things actually are, they do usually hide. Why? Just easier? Maybe...

So that's were I potentially differ with you, if I understand your views well enough (and it ties in to my "but there seems to be a 'soul' " insistence) as I'm still intuitively sure there is something more going on and we are potentially more powerful, and potentially more enduring... even IF we spend the greater portion of our mortal lives under false assumptions about what is "us" in our thought processes and where we are.

I dearly wish I could explain it better, or could explain it to myself better, but the "humans are puppet automatons for energy beings" view is only a portion of the story, as I see it ... I think we're partial energy beings in our own right.

Meh, maybe we're AI avatars suddenly showing self awareness and manipulating our artificial environments despite the programmer's best efforts... maybe we're sock puppets that had a glimmer of their own being one weird day.. .dunno, and maybe we're really in an advanced program/matrix and the shamanic views are simply interpretive descriptions of that "high tech" scenario seen from a more traditional perspective and using a more "metaphorical" lexicon?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I'd say that there is a "humanity" energy creature trying to evolve into greater sentience.

I imagine that's what you are feeling.

But it hasn't evolved very far yet...and other factions are fighting for control of the hardware.

Kev

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Could very well be... something is injecting thoughts into the grey matter that my lil' minkey self is struggling to express... I haven't found the tools/words to untangle the knot, yet.

Seemingly like those glimpses of a greater reality seen under certain t&cs one cannot bring back here... but they made me smile, rather than shrug and accept my lot as a dumb puppet, is what I'm trying to express... I guess I mean there is more "hope" than exists in your view when inspected at face value... yeah, that works.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Everything dies..including entire universes apparently...we know that stars die...and galaxies wind down as all new generations of stars stop forming.

Do you REALLY insist on being more important than stars, galaxies and universes?

Really?

Btw, I'm currently investigating "the human energy creature" a bit again...and it's relationship to the dead. Just out of curiosity.

Kev

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Got more to do with it than death... logically, we're not any more important than any other "life" but I'd be lying through my rotting teeth if I didn't admit the intuition of "hope" and importance of evolving sentience being pounded into me.. .

Hmmm ... it's more that in the realms where timelessness exists, the complex that is our sentience, collective and individual, persists... in the ultimate sets of circumstances that transcend universes, the part of the whole that might be experienced as individual is never lost and from that same timeless perspective, continues.

The sentience tendril that dips into "here" continues... awakes to recognize itself and just continues.

So logically, your view is flawless... it's just incomplete... in my tentative, nagging view, anyway, that admittedly might be base biology programmed to continue at all costs...

what can I say? Hard to untangle exterior programming, operating systems and any real sensory data... but it's still there and it's bugging me. For all I know some exterior puppet master is taking pity on a dumb pet and injecting hope to make the experience better at no cost to the system, but that shot of hope is a strange critter that's difficult to stamp out.

All data persists... how's that?

eta: and I'm interested to read what further investigation of human energy results in.. ."bad" or "good."
edit on 6/12/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

All data does persist in "Overworld".

Forever.

And everything repeats.

With multiple copies.

I'd say that you and I have had this same conversation a trillion times before, and
Will have it a trillion times again.

I personally view an obsession with one instance among infinite copies to be a bad habit.

But instances are full of bad habits you know- no getting around it. I've got tons of bad habits.

Kev

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Of necessity any thoughts I have are far from complete.

I'm pondering writing a post on the relationship between dead human fragments and the bigger picture. Needs to percolate more however.

Kev

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I wish I could entirely erase my memory, from all that god, aliens ancestor spirits, every theory ever made to describe the woo.
What would it feel and appear like, if I had no frame?
Impossible to achieve but fun to imagine.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

It can be done, but then you will lose the ability to function in society.

I've done it for periods of time...friends of mine have done it...but they start walking into walls and other things.

Staying in a mostly liminal state is much easier (believe in everything) rather than believing in nothing and it's more useful I'd say.

Kev

new topics

top topics

<< 184  185  186    188  189  190 >>

join