It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 188
<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Something to think about:

Many or most older cultures believed in "shades".

By this I mean the dying "husk" that once was the "inner Energetic being" associated with a human being.

Now...would such dying husks do or say anything imagineable to avoid "facing away"?

Would these husks often band together with other husks who "believe like they do"?

Could the living be manipulated over time to do things that might be bad for them, but "good" for the "dead"?

People often theorize about archons or whatever "trying to capture souls" and the like.

I'm not talking about that idea.

What if the human dead have been attempting to form a colony creature intelligence for some time, in an attempt to cheat death?

What if this is part of the normal evolution process across the Universe?

Everyone would be infinitely creeped out if this were true...

But angels, faeries and UFOs are much more palatable.

People even VOLUNTEER to "open up" for such "beings" and want to "channel them".

It would be interesting if this were "the dark and unspeakable secret".

I've been wondering about this for years..its rather difficult to research.

Comments?

Kev

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

A "dumb puppet" is a muppet (ya' git!).

(With all diffidence, of course! I made a pun this morning without trying so it is going to be one of those days)

I think that some data transcends the human condition... like math. It is just there. Either you can "tune into it" or not. That is why I have no problems with MEs. Interesting they is, but when you can turn water into wine give me a holla because that will be a totally different level. Until then I will be stomping around in puddles (if nothing else than trying to walk on it--unsuccessfully, but telling people such would make me "coo coo" so stomping in puddles is what you can call it).

Here is to the every living now!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

For scrying out loud! (See, it is one of those days).

For one, that is too much faith in the here and now (others wanting to never leave it). "He who shall not be named" said it was all frequencies. So, the ever persistent now is the AM channel and when we "pass" we get to go to stereo FM (or XM or what is beyond that!). Wanting to stay here is... uh, short sighted? Why not run out to universe completely naked and care free? (That is how I want to go! Naked, bloody, screaming, and ripped from the woman that I love!!). I will have no problem walking off the cliff edge when it comes around (oooohhhhh! On the turning away!). Why even try to persist here on the low level when you can go the rooftop food court? You know, leave all the pedestrians behind.

But yes, "shades" that is the rub. They are around so what explains that? Not sure either. Yet another KPB question to ponder (and I will!). (Off to ponder this while writing technical documents that nobody will bother to read, ah, werk!)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I do tech writing close to daily myself.

Well nothing which was once alive wants to die...even if there was (supposedly) a higher part as well.

It would be very tough to be a shade...yes, I've run into them.

You watch yourself fade away (as its the body which generates "woo" and "stability".)

Sure, a shade could try to "reincarnate" but I'd say that most aren't cohesive enough to pull that off...

Most "feisty" "shades" I've come across are those who spent their lives on mysticism and the occult.

I'm really suspecting that many of the "lying spirits" of channeling, religion, spirituality and the occult are such remnants, either singular or in a "collective".

Kev

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I still feel this is not fair. The problem is how we approach them. If they are stuck in the now, as we are, than maybe at some point they just start to tell fancy stories to steer us, but can't possibly know what will happen. All we ask, if we get in contact with them, is will x happen, what will happen, always will...
We are projection devices, they are here to help us, but all we focus our wishes on, is sex, food, pleasure.
Assuming these shades are real, what are they? What if they really are just a reflection of us? Ideas coming to life.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Good. Keep thinking.

I have lots to say when I get time.

Btw...I had a hostile shade sweet talk me once and I let it in for 3 weeks.

It was a very nasty little blighter.

That happened soon after my "symbiote" ('soul') left me, and I was feeling very lonely and discarded and vulnerable.

Kev

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Also explainable with opposites attracting each other, you felt a loss of a "soul" and got something you needed for the aftermath. One could also say, you were cared for. Not left alone until you were strong enough to be angry. From empty to angry is progress. You paint the critters as nefarious, I think they are following the rules of life.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I do call them symbiotes.

That's a neutral term.

I did learn quite a bit from the "black magician" that free loaded for 3 weeks.

But it's a "bit much" to experience without a mentor.

Kev

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I admire you and envy you for that, not many get their soul so filled up it's born before the host dies.
And it's really like a plant, gras, the more often you moan it the stronger it becomes. Which also implies you are at least having a second one in you right now. Maybe a simultaneous third?
And you blossom and bloom, having a blog, participating in life, sharing your wisdom... hate to tell you but your brain-pregnant possibly twins.

Oh and the "black magician" laid the eggs in you, obviously.

edit on 13-6-2016 by Peeple because: Setting the mood

I am possibly preaching to the choir with this, but all there is, is life, we have shut it out as much as we could to function efficiently, but it is in us we can't escape the monkey and we can't hide from the angel, fairy, whatsoever.
Doesn't it scream volumes, if you read religious visions, nobody ever met this god in person, there are always "angels" talking on his behalf.
There is an invisible lifeform firmly attached to us. It follows the laws of life:

Opposites attract each other +/-
Life procreates
Life produces "freaks" to test new possibilities
Survival of the fittest

This is how we progress
This is how they progress
Seems cruel sometimes,
but it's necessary

The crux in this situation, if we die, they die and vise versa.

edit on 13-6-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

*eye roll*

Don't talk like that.

So many wannabes "mystic masters" on ATS give me a very hard time

(it doesn't bother me that they are wrong of course).

But I'm trying to retire. I may have at most 15 years left and I want to get a little drunk and chase my pretty young wife around...not get captured by this crapola.

But yah...something new is hatching..I can't deny it.

Bah*

Kev

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Your last sentence --- magnificent.

Kev

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Just a tiny bit cheesy and dramatic, now that I have read it again.
As this seems to be an issue for only a small amount of people.
How many have any weird encounters? Not as many as ATS suggests.
I hate that thought but how can some be so unaware of themselves?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

It all comes down to "electrical kindling" of neural pathways, both in the brain and in the autonomic and visceral nervous systems.

People who have "accidentally" become "kindled" have other types of awareness.

Not necessarily "better" just different.

Kev

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Bah... mundane work is interfering with my whimsy. Okay, yeah, I know we've gone over this a few times on this very thread in THIS universe, never mind our copies in the others! But it won't let me be.

As to "shades" ... we are all aspects, or shades of some sort, even while alive now that I think about it.

I've met very few "whole" living people. Most are emotional wrecks, some are coldly logical bastards, a few are fairly balanced mixes, along with that ephemeral "intuition"... and some have a real "second sight" added... and don't forget the mysterious "subconscious" and almost everyone shuffles all those aspects from moment to moment...

added on to that mess, we have possible external energy personalities pulling puppet strings and it all gets somewhat unwieldy!

Losing portions at death, then, seems a distinct possibility... who can keep track? Heh. But that core, unique "thing" we call "soul" or "us" could really exist.. .why not?

But as I don't have a refined "second sight" all I can do is rely on the more believable reports of seemingly "whole" people who show up on the rare occasion; along with that quiet, rare intuition whispering to me in the background ... but it's true that shades are far, far more common here in physical land.

That doesn't mean a more "whole" personality complex doesn't exist in another realm because the external energy critters exist, so why can't we? It really IS all energy.. .thought... I'd bet some stubborn cuss's drag the whole thing along into the afterlife through sheer will, though perhaps some dodging of predatory fauna is required.

Maybe the Tibetan Book of the Dead and Egyptian narratives should be paid some attention to if we want to continue, but frankly, we could all be little Gingerbread Men souls... avoiding capture and enduring as we want?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

The caste of homeless priests? How could that be beneficial?
I mean it all follows necessarity, all we do, like ants, social ants. We all pursue our "hapiness" and freedom, but when has the last one tried to put that in definite words? What is happiness, we learn through observations, so what's impressive? Isn't that maybe wrong?
No one knows.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

The Truth is, that a trillion trillion parts are jockying for acknowledgement (a livable life 'somewhere' and 'somewhen').

Draw a random circle around some of the components and you have a distinct being.

"Parts" fade into and out of focus, sometimes multiple times in "one life".

Each time a new being rises or falls.

Don't you understand?

Kev

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The gravity, right?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
For the record, "It doesn't bother me that others are wrong" is mostly a joke.

I constantly learn like we all do.

But it is true that if someone wants to get into it with me, they better not repeat old B.S. from failed esoteric systems; I'll give them hell.

Kev

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Yes, exactly... here, "there," it doesn't matter... the sets (drops/oceans) endure and occasionally endure as personality sets (larger drops) rather than the base components... all energy, all enduring, re-configuring or not.. .

my problem is with your definition(s) of "soul" ... you birthed a separate set complex and dubbed it your "soul" but looky here... "you" still persist... something I can identify as "you" writing and if ever encountered you in "real life" then easily re-identified upon a next meeting... so ...?

If what you are now is a soulless husk, or puppet, then what you were then, with component "X" was more formidable, or at least more complex than usually exists as "human."

Definitions of terms strikes again.

And I also betcha the temp configuration of energy termed "human" exists for a spell after the physical experience... before changing along with the rest... that's all.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

"This" is a personality formed From temporary elements.

It's only memory encoded in neural patterns which gives a stronger sense of uniqueness.

But...if it pleases you...that "original soul" still has a relatively minor attachment to this form.

But "it" is done here, as far as I know anyway.

Really...many people have "mostly slumbering components" and they can be perfectly lovely people.

There is no such thing as "spiritual evolution" like most people think of it.

There is life and death in an endless kaleidoscope...no gold stars...no fancy titles..nothing to achieve or avoid really...except in a relatively minimal sense.

Kev

new topics

top topics

<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join