It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 167
<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Ahh then you'd like my god..
"He" is not higher nor does "it" have/take actions from a point of awareness.

More or less he is there and is not. He is me after all and I am he.
Always there and never anywhere.

There is a reason I was thrown off track.
Call it understanding the map... Where is the "center" the "thrown" or where is the "control loop"
Understanding it in words is almost powerless.
It's all in the doing and that's where I agree with BBD the most.
It's all in the doing.

That's why "they" don't want you to know.
That's why "they" want to stop you.

What do you imagine makes up "reality."
No I mean what do you will? And do you will with power? Will without power is wish.

I Will figure this out.

If I were to use simulation theory as my analogy then we and "God" would be both the base program and the emergent "AI" both programmed and programmer.. The simulation could have emerged on its own like a cascading circuit or it could be made but that's of no concern to me..

"Duality" and even "polyality?" (I made that up) is the main stumbling block people have with my word choices. "God" being the main word because it's assumed separateness. It truly diesnt help that sentences are composed of subject object pairings with a perceived flow in one direction with verbs so distance is created.. Distance is created..

Actually.... Get it?

Haha
After work tired reverbs over.

Good night all or good morning guys.
I'm off to bed though.

edit on 8-5-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Aaaw, that's horrible. You were a stranger in a strange land and she was going to take you home. Lost and alone, everyone else trying to force you into their way of doing it. No wonder you were crying.

Or...staring makes you cry, we know this about you. Fly stares = sobbing.

Hope that helped.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

'Plurality' is the word you're looking for.

Sorry, you know I'm a pedant.

Good morning (from me) and good night (to you).

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

I like making up my own words/concepts and whatever else.
Translating it back into other people's paradigms is where it all gets too tricky.
Oh and I don't think In words except when I'm typing/talking.

Lost in translation

Which is why this forum and this thread is such an important "medium" for me.

I stayed up a bit later than I thought.
Thank you (for the word and your good wishes)

And night.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I'm just teasing you, you're my word-nemesis.

This thread is great for me too, I love getting to know you all better.

Sleep tight x

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

No I think it's after all more like we are mostly separated and just some have access and talk with ancestors, gods, angels, spirits, aliens, whatever you want to call it.
And in practices like that, drugs play an important role. You can meet yourself as different person.
What would you suggest that means?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I would suggest I know "what" eternity is.

you have said nothing that goes against what I said in my last post.

It's like I'm talking about society, and then you say "but people are different."

There is not "one" way to describe reality. Just as your body is layer upon layer, system upon system , trillions of life forms... and you think it's one thing that has a name? Well that's like what I'm talking about. You could see why the "brain" would get uppity when a "cell" in the tail decides to be the head.

I suggest certain people have a better "connection." I only say it that way because you are ensuring we talk from a 4 dimensional perspective even though the math clearly shows many more.. Dimensions are not separate. Length exists along with depth as ONE thing one reality. It's when you go passed time people assume the other dimensions are like portals... No they are more coordinates, descriptors of reality.

Let's just make this up and say the other dimensions are descriptions of eternity. "Hyperspace" "above" spacetime.
Forward and back on an X axis could be "happy" and "sad"

Anyway words will do it no justice. Words are based on 3 dimensions plus time. Actually I bet time could be more aptly described as 3 dimensions not one, but anyway that's getting into semantics and we've already gone too deep for language.

I'm not being snarky snarks.
I hope that made some sense.

My post at the top of page is more easily "utilized."

In essence you are BOTH separate from me or a can of Pepsi AND all of it.
Maybe if I use the word holographic we would have a popular concept to grab and hold.

I'm off to work.
Fun fun haha

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Heh, that 'dream sob fly thingy' was ... icky, but I chuckle again that the fly was perched on my bum eye ... didn't realize that until Peeple mentioned my little eye... where does psyche end and environment start ... or is there a demarcation at all? Like where is the micro/macro cut off for "quantum effects."

Yeah... maybe I'll start really taking this stuff to heart and not just consider it as... considerable!

And Reverb... man, I was in the grips of herbal powers, recently, and the old "maybe I died several relative years ago, am in the last long moments of death-delusion and these' weirdnesses' are my own mind's way of telling me something is off.. ." cropped up... no wonder folks lose themselves in Football and shopping ... heh.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I feel the need to go and dig out Jung and his scarab beetle story for some reason now.
Personally, I don't think there's much difference between us and our environment at all. I don't mean that in a 'we're all one' way, I just mean we are a part of our environment and it is a part of us. It influences our thoughts and emotions (think of dark forests or concrete buildings or windowless rooms etc) just like we influence our environment.

So what do you think your wee fly was telling you?

Oh and I read that as the UK meaning of bum, so it needed reading a couple of times, just to be sure.

edit on 8-5-2016 by beansidhe because: errant comma

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Totally forgot the meaning of UK "bum" ...

I was using it in the U.S. version of "bad" or "broken."

Heh... not that that eye hasn't observed some UK meaning bums, though... of course it has... admittedly, in the US, most of the "bums" are freaking ginormous!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I would suggest you "know" nothing.
It's 10+time and the dimensions are called degree of freedom.
The real miracle to me is, how far we got in describing the laws of nature with maths.
Information is faster than light.
Also you didn't answer my question. Or are you saying the "you" one can meet on drugs is from a different dimension?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I lost my reply I'll be back later to explain
I'll take your suggestion under advisement but you'd be silly to tell me we're I've gone or what I've done.

There is a reason I have no thoughts anymore unless I conjure them. It can be hard to make action cause nothing bugs me to think. I know eternity to a degree more than most.

And you know I probably did die..

There are posts on ats from s guy (me)
That were written when I had pulled the usb card from my computer to block (that person) getting in closer contact..
You should have seen my face when Facebook kept going off..

So I went online what how??? Andy heart would have jumped through my chest but I had no heart lol.

Oh the things that have happened to me make me know a lot. I just don't use the same words as anyone else cause I didn't read any of this from a book..

Please take my posts with some lightheartedness I'm a bluntvscorpio by nature not meaning to be.

And to be very clear I only drink alcohol nothing more.
So that's not a question I can answer.

You say "information is faster than light" I say information doesn't travel at all

Spooky action at a distance is from the perspective that spacetime is all there is.
I say it's all one point. But we are not disagreeing.

We can see those things because we are not completely body/mind humans with names.
I thought dying would kill me.. Lol.
Well I'm not sure I did but if I didn't I'm still baffled at my ability to break the laws of physics and technology.
Would be a useful power to have right now then I could watch movies on my computer with no wifi signal.

A different version of yourself hmm? Like a vision? Or actually? Well anyway I'm multiverse kind of guy and I say the main gateway is eternity. I was there forever once, but it only took an 1.5 hours to come back but my body memory said it was 5 minutes long haha. The clock was the one that said 1.5 hours. And me the observer dude was gone forever but when I came back I was not gone forever..

Oddly enough that's the ending of lost. Jacks dad died in like season 1 or 2 then jack dies in season 6 I think?? Hey dad how long have you been waiting? "I just got here" I laughed so hard at that.

And you must have read the degrees of freedom and 10 dimensions plus time in a book.
I don't feel your energy.
That's 11 so "M theory" is it??

edit on 9-5-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Omg lol that's an interesting re read..

Bum eye

@ peeple
Ok I looked up degrees of freedom I thought that was a catchphrase it's just literal..
We said the same thing about the other dimensions.

Seriously use that freedom.

I wouldn't be surprised if an ex of mine appeared in my room without warning.
Lol

Ok anyway.
M theory is not actually proven its just the lowest number we can use to make things we have observed so far make sense. I wouldn't go around pretending it's definitive.

And I don't want to repeat this again. There is no such thing as a "different dimension" we are in all of them at once as they describe only "degrees of freedom" (I like those words think I'll keep them)

A separate reality sure as the case with a multiverse.
Or it could just be an information extrapolation and not truly exist.
Depends exactly what you are asking me.

I'm scared I'll get in trouble for saying this but when you can taste somone you've never met and they scream at you for the "burning" what's the burning it hurts so bad.. What did you do last night? I got tased silly.. Distance has little meaning to me now.. Very little.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

This is something I talked a lot about around when everything went weird on me..

I think it can help us bridge out gaps.. No conceptual pun intended lol..

m.phys.org...

That's akin to "God" if you think about it but then remember I'm not saying God is a conscious awareness point that has actions.. Just entangled to all of it.. Hence...

Well anyway maybe we could talk about the article? Anyone else?

I'd be interested in what you all could ferret out and translate. What could it mean?

I'll re read it as my memory is atrocious.

Going to bed soon but I'll be back. What I found very interesting as a possible analogy.. "The weaker the laser the better because it doesn't disrupt quantum states. So they hit it down to one photon"

To me is similar to why meditation works.. Too much conscious noise you make a and no "psychic connection"

Anyhoo..

Night guys.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

See that was my point, it's all just conjecture, we don't know a thing about the very basics of our lifetime in this body-mind experience. Just what can be observed is verifiable.
But we are okay with our proudest discipline calling things "spooky action", invent a simulator and declare there is much going on beyond our capacity of measuring or even observing.
Doesn't that somehow sound familiar? Instead of accepting and following a theory, or set of theories which are obviously made strongly influenced by cultural idiology, we should focus on a different approach.
I want to know.
Really know, with tons of reliable data, not just prof.x. says the universe is a quantum computer and is very convincing without any prove.
So maybe a good start would be to find a way to observe the quarks in "their natural habitat". Since even electrons have a problem with being observed, it could be very telling to see what they do when they're unwatched.
Because that's the point were physics drifted of into being sort of a mathematical fiction epos.
With uncertainty the tension rises.
We followed the natural sciences willingly in the age of scientific enlightenment and that's all they have to offer? Wtf? Dark energy and dark matter, spooky actions, invisible building blocks of everything, we could have just as well accepted heaven and hell, magic and god.
But for a scientist that's okay, because he/she is working on it. Involved in solving the riddle.
We, the observers, are left with nothing, but the revelation: everything is uncertain.
That's honestly the conspiracy behind why these theories are delivered to the public, lifesavers for those drowning in a world without ideology.
Very little people can live without it.
But after all it is just an illusion based on our cultural heritage.
I have faith in progress. And if I surrender to an illusion than at least it should be exciting and revolutionary.
And without the word spooky, but maybe with a method to capture the unseen.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Yea well.

You be the scientist.

I think there is something to us that is better at seeing the unseen than shooting radiation at things.

Otherwise we are so on the same page I could reach out and touch you.. Almost.

I'm just not waiting around for "certainty"
Funny my link I posted before you posted is strikingly relevant to your hopes of the future.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I am no scientist, cursed to be an observer.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I am no scientist, cursed to be an observer.

Ever flipped a light switch and the light didn't come on? Then thought the light bulb must have burned out. Decided to find out by putting a new one in then noticed the new one didn't work so then you think the breaker must have flipped you check that and it has so you flip it back and try the light again and now it works?? Then you could put the old bulb back in to see so you are not wasteful and it works too so you conclude the reason the light didn't work was the breaker switch flipped..

Then one might wonder "why did the breaker flip."

Science.

"Mainstream scientists" will only ever use technology as the tool of scientific inquiry and so they will only invent something like quantum telepathic cell phones or something. The understanding you could get from reading their papers would be more words on the page and I can assure you no matter how many papers I read on F117s blueprints and welding and machining parts and electronics I'll never build one myself.

"Cursed to be an observer"
Gave me a good chuckle.

So for me though when I hear my ex say we should have pizza for dinner and I look up and say yes pizza is perfect, only to see her stare at me blankly... Blankly she stared cause I heard her thoughts by accident and when it happens it sounds like they are saying it out loud..

Well, so i don't need to wait for science to tell me how that happened. I can experience it all the same, and know that you can hear people's thoughts.. Now I happen to know when it's more likely to occur and its when I'm more "towards the middle" I use that information to hypothesize why "closer to the middle" means closer to other people..

The simplest way I can explain all of my weird experiences is quamtum mechanics with the caveat that deep inside everything is one thing in a space without space..

That's just my own pet hypothesis
We can leave it at that.

Good morning errbody
Ha

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Hm. Don't know.
Maybe.
But if I speculate, I always end up with an intelligent being, from my experience, all the woo stuff is alive.
Saying it is just overlapping quantum waves seems to be not enough.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Had a brief moment of less 'unclarity'... that passed and I'm left with the usual muddle, but, knowing this is old hat philosophy... old, old ground... :

The reason "unity" (and hermitages for that matter, after this realization becomes clear) bothers me, as far as awareness/consciousness is concerned, is that the novelty of the "other" is the only thing that keeps us from the screaming insanity of the Demiurge (as possible example).

Imagine a universe as either a void, or filled with stuff, or both, like ours seems to be, but finding no other consciousness to define/refine yourself against... no antagonist, or comrade... nothing but raw awareness, forever. Scary.

This level of awareness most of us find ourselves in is built on duality, and all the "hells" speak of separation... or, simply, loneliness.

A level of complexity might give the appearance of "others" as complex automatons, like AI, but the base essence of novelty, or surprise, or an exterior, foreign cognition is all that makes long term awareness bearable, imo.

Knowing some other level of awareness is not only possible, but likely, I guess one can surpass this (likely ape biology based) reliance on others ... maybe ... but is that desirable?

IS 'God' lonely, or is plurality a happy occurrence and even the gods have a playmate?

Anyway... back to a tattered, barren cafe

edit on 5/11/2016 by Baddogma because: add parenthetical caveat

top topics

<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join