It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 166
<< 163  164  165    167  168  169 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Im very sorry you feel that way, in real life I more observe like a wall flower, because people are less inclined to be open and bear teir true selves down to the core as a defense mechanism to avoid pain, when I work to release it from them as in empathy I will shoulder it just as hard. With massive online surveilance etc it has made a lot of people become paranoid and not speak so freely openly and honestly...

so of course theres a push back against pc on the pc from people that could freely speak their minds not not fear being incarerated or put on lists... im not afraid of such things, and since people are still abit more open online, I will speak directly to the core of their experience from the core of my experience but its not coming from a judgment to condemn but point directly at the truth even if it hurts even if someone tries to hide behind self rationizing that keeps them stuck and does them or others no good.

There are many many people that have moderated their drug usage and are still functional responsible people in society, this is a reality often not pointed at because there is a lot of propaganda stating otherwise due to the failed drug war experiment version 2.0 alcohol was the first and it caused the same exact problems of gangs illicit markets and no taxes or benefit to society but a detrement to its functioning... this iteration has done the same and much worse... the UN agrees, and other countries have dealt with such "moral" issues as ethical issues.

Where if someone cant moderate or find balance of use, its because of underlying problems that need to be over come instead of drugs as the problem that propaganda has stated since Nixon... when he just wanted to get all the hippies protesting off the streets and end the civil rights movement so there could be some symbolance of peace in our streets. Today is not much different than then if one watches the 3rd season of Star Tek the origional series... it deals with all the same social issues as then and now.

Of course, many alive then say tighten the belt the exact same way, when that only opressed and caused worse as it festered and boiled up yet again meaning it didnt solve anything. So obviously weve been focused to much on war abroad in the name of payback, economies, corporational gain, than thhe war that has created at home... that has been edging towards civil war the divide has gotten so great... and it takes a whole lot of effort on everyones part to see the lines they are drawing causing the exact same problem for that other side drawing that line thats causing that same side...

instead of learning and moving forward in a way that benefits all of humanity local, state, country, world...

Of course my sincerest apologizes olaru, for storming the gate and shaking everyones hand looking them in the eye and saying what I saw there... it wasnt meant to hurt, it isnt meant as a take over nor kill a very beautiful thread.

I empathize with the struggle you had, but its one hell of an introduction and a very honest one... so if someone is going to bring someting up like in AA or NA im going to obviously speak to that person as if thats where we are. Yes personal, and yes I know painful and if a wound opened... that just means please continue to get help and resolve those issues that made you want to hold the past drug abuse as a shield and swing a blade of limited experience even though that experience was valid to you... it is only a fragment of truth not the whole reality, so when you swing such whether you realize it or not... you are working for the failed prohibition that incarcerates profiles and has turned into roving death squads due to that failed policy... instead of the healing greatly needed that acknowledges you had problems and were trying to cope with them in the best way you could and self medicating of various sorts instead of getting the help and being vulnerable and allowing oneself to heal fully to move back into a happy healthy member of society than have a spot on one to carry as if it is something to be ashamed of as a victim and then a victim of the system...

Im glad as said before that you ave achieved some balance to cope, but swinging that past around as a badge when you know it was more than that to blame? Isnt doing yourself or others any real favors except to keep systems proven not to work in play harming more and more incarerating more and more instead of allowing healing. Even the treatment system if thrown in instead of locked up falls short... because the psychological system is flawed, some come at it from the view point of Freud, and some come at it from an interpersonal stand point... but all of them still require a belief with a patch that has action of mechanism unknown until one resolves it all out.

People do become whole everyday... but it takes effort and determination and honesty even if someone cant be honest? Those having been there see right through it, as just another coping mechanism when that strength to over come came from you, that balance was from your effort and balance will only continue to grow from your effort crutches denial and chemical patches are only a temporary fix... holding onto drugs are bad when you only experienced them as a coping and not a celebration is disingenious not only to one self but everyone else.

You are strong life is tenacious... and it was your will and determination to find balance, and in that struggle like it or not? Drugs helped you find the balance you have today, because they did allow you some coping until you learned better skills for coping to achieve balance.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Well youve sown that seed, watered and tended and well dont worry like anything planted and cared for the fruit of it just happens even if you ceased practice as that can also become a fetter... as people cling to that too, unbinding means letting go of all of it. The tree will drop its fruit at some point on its own and in its own season at this point wether you tend it or not... I was more Han Shan with my practice not avoiding experience being a sucker for experience instead of a sucker of experience. I didnt visit brothels but you get the idea...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

hah, yeah!
letting go is interesting.
Sometimes can feel a bit like a dog chasing its own tail : )

You are strong life is tenacious... and it was your will and determination to find balance, and in that struggle like it or not? Drugs helped you find the balance you have today, because they did allow you some coping until you learned better skills for coping to achieve balance.

this is so true for me also concerning weed.
in a way this wonderful plant helped me in a lot of ways. It opened my mind, it helped me during meditations and contemplation in a lot of ways.
And most importantly it helps a lot with emotions by smoking one.

but in recent times, I am finally letting go of weed "addiction". It is more of a mental issue than anything physical. But after around 10 years of smoking it regularly more or less (although I don't smoke cigarettes, or drink alcohol) there are a lot of habitual thoughts that is making it hard to do so.

But after all those years I am finally learning to stand firm and stay clean of any "bad substance". Including sugar or other fake processed stuff we can eat.

well I am still working on it, to be honest, but I am getting there : )

Natural diet is helping a lot with this transition also.
Clean body and clean mind goes hand in hand for me.
edit on 1462575783503May035033116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Beneath it all, its you. It always has and will be. Underneath all the external crap you think is being thrown at you, all the forces working against you -- it's you. It can take years, even decades of constant work to untangle this truth. We build many defenses, pit falls and traps to keep us from realizing we've been self-sabotaging ourselves the entire time.

Dive into your own mind. Watch your thoughts. Take responsibility for your reality.

Good hunting folks.

Nice

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Baddogma

The only problem I have with this is it smacks of 'the devil made me do it'
I don't subscribe to any other entities making me an arse, I take responsibility for my own actions and behaviors. I don't explain being a jerk with "it was the critters/faeries/demons."

That said, I do think that there are instances (though very rare instances) where naughty/nasty energy can "feed off " the living and at time be strong enough to make the person unwell.
But this is very very rare, and the victim usually kind of self creates the "demon" or gives it more credence.

I've been thinking about this zazz, and there's another aspect too. There is deflection of personal responsibilty, I agree, and then there's obfuscation.
Confusion, muddled thinking, suspicion and mistrust all feed back into those thoughts and magnify them. If everything we have comes from thought, then unclear thoughts can destroy us.
Have I turned into a Puritan?
Inadvertently, it would appear so.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I hear ya about not trusting anyone.. . but would expand it to things, too... and glad you opened up about true "high strangeness" ... but one piece of advice you likely already know is "trust and know your core self"... not the self that reacts to your perceived surrounding, or wants anything "shown" you.. . meaning shown anything that controls/effects others in their perception of you, but the self that just is, observes and reacts, or not, while knowing it all could be a poorly written, or brilliant, show.
Unattachment towards the environment, I suppose I mean..

I couldn't live like that, I suppose because my core self is so attached to the environment. I feel better if I walk beside the sea, or smell it in the morning. I love driving around Loch Fyne and seeing the hills part and the water come into view, it makes me beam with happiness every single time it happens.

And, rightly or wrongly, I pretty much trust everyone here. I trust that KPB is not Astr0, I trust that you are a genuine bloke from America writing your thoughts in this thread and that johnb really is back from his holidays. Why not? What's the worst that can happen, that I'll be shown up as gullible? Well, ok then, that wouldn't be so bad.
I've survived worse.

Knowing your core self is also trusting that you will be ok, whatever happens.
edit on 7-5-2016 by beansidhe because: extra word

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Alas.

I do not have a break away civilization at my beck and call while simultaneously having a modern day "Illuminati" at my beck and call.

I'm about to turn 55; I'm rather fat and bald; and try rather hard to dispel misinformation, not to spew it. I've turned down various offers to write screenplays for movies, podcasts and interviews.. if I were a spewer of nonsense, I've passed up a long list of possibilities to do so.

Anyone who has consorted with djinn, demons, daemons, or even cranky faeries to "learn my secrets" , and has come up with anything like the above, needs to practice harder or stop kissing the blarney stone.

If my good word does not suffice, a sufficient level moderator can check on IP addresses and profiles and such and determine if hacking attempts or other nonsense has occurred. I have asked about this sort of thing a couple times over the past few years.

Well anyway. Geeze Louise.

Maybe if this thread settles down to like it was, where friends laughed together and compared notes, I'll participate again. While it's effortless for me to tolerate nonsense (in this world? we all have to learn this skill); that doesn't mean i enjoy it. I only have limited free time and lots to do.

Best,

Kev

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I'm pretty sure there's room for everyone here, even you three.

Anytime you come back is good for me.

eta - that was a crap joke - just to clarify, lol!
edit on 7-5-2016 by beansidhe because: eta

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

I reread my post and found that it didn't express exactly what I wanted it to. Typical. I normally write while working and seldom get the whole of a thought down before distracted... and in truth, I seldom get a whole thought down period.

Your take is closer to mine.

Mytik's (and many others' heh) advice to "be mindful" is a good one, though.

And I know that kpb is not astr0, too, for more than reasons of being okay with gullibility, I should clarify!

edit on 5/7/2016 by Baddogma because: edit for typo

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Yay... thank goodness you put finger to keyboard here again, after the aethers broke.

And while clarifying, my own "what if" came and went (in minutes to perhaps hours) years ago due to your insistence I was barking up the wrong tree.. .I thought "what if he did it due to some esoteric work and was breaking character to let me know?" So even the suspicion came from thinking you 'liked" me and gave a crap! ; )

I have been happily thinking you are you for years now.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Ah, ok, I read it a bit wrong too. It seemed unlike you so I wanted to clarify. There were a few posts in a row that spoke about not trusting other people or themselves, I think I just read it in that context.

And yeah, gullibilty's over-rated.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I am taking a break from this thread however.

I don't want to feed the present crazy contagion.

I'm posting in other places on ATS.. I'm not going anywhere.

Best,

Kev

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

I am taking a break from this thread however.

I don't want to feed the present crazy contagion.

I'm posting in other places on ATS.. I'm not going anywhere.

Best,

Kev

I think its best if I do the same.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
No doubt some heavy mojo about... noted and see ya (both) soon.

Firm hug.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I actually got really good information for once.
And hopefully no one is mad at me for saying what I did.
(If you are reading this forgive me as I have forgiven you)
There are at least a few ats members who would know exactly what I was talking about from the opposite side.
I'm just happy to have survived it.

Anyway my therapy session is over.
I have nothing to prove or hide, though I detect you all still don't grasp the reality of the world.
Not my place to intrude.
Thanks for having me.

Oh and hi again Kelly Pretty Bear.
It's nice to see you around.

See ya guys..

Unrelated note:
**Trying to get people to die was a low blow.. Good thing I wasn't lying about feeling people's energy.
I'm not even mad. In fact I learned a lot about myself and pushed my limits to super human to keep my life together.
Thanks for teaching me about the mind.
Your anger may destroy you but I'm sitting unbothered.
Life is good.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

thanks for posting here as long as you did,
it was a blast while it lasted and maybe it will be again in another (wo wo) thread...or even back here

don't care if you have 0 or 10 accounts on ats, each post has its own value.
but for the record I truly doubt you would waste your time with fake ats users.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I don't normally post about dreams... heck, I don't normally remember them, but I did take a late morning nap and had a bit of a weird one.

I went to sleep after reading someone mention 11:11 and that people were noticing that sequence (and other Mandela Effects), perhaps to wake them from a false reality or something... looked at my clock with a sinking feeling, knowing it was late morning, and sure enough 11:11 a.m.

I went to nap, chuckling.

The basic dream involved a family get together/wedding in some large metro area and staying in the hotel were the wedding was to occur... at one point I'm walking the city blocks nearby, lost in the crowd, and the sidewalk flows/ dips into a sub-level, rounds a corner and ends at a shop, as if built to herd people to this small shop, and one had to back track and look for a hard to spot exit to get back to the main street above... and one of my fellow "herded" pedestrians mutters, "Where I come from, this sort of farce is illegal."

Then, I find things increasingly "off" and not as they first appear to be ... and deduce I've contracted quite the fever and am in a delirium. I bumble into a place, thinking it was my hotel, and grab a phone to call a family member as I cannot recall the room number... only to realize I'm in a store and the phone was a display model and the clerk wants to notify authorities as I had wandered off with it.

A harried, cosmopolitan woman takes pity and realizes I wasn't attempting to steal, but was instead in need of assistance, so explains to the clerk and takes me back to her place.

Her name was Raz and her husband, Rex... blah, blah... I explain I'm late for a wedding (erm, tad alchemical) and I can't miss it, so I'm being guided back to the correct hotel by Raz (or Rez- name was close to that) and I am (uncharacteristically I might add) clutching her and sobbing about how lost I had been and how grateful I was to be taken home, boo-hoo .. .and then felt myself being pulled away from this "rescue" and am awakened to our "normal waking life" to find a (huge) fly on my nose looking at my eyes, which is a startling first scene to see, especially as the fly's eyes were quite red, a tad frightening and millimeters from my right eye... the thing was presumably lapping up the tears which were pouring out in waking life... and I never remember having woken (is that the proper tense?) up crying, well, ever.

An odd way to awaken... for me, anyway... well, since the pennies appeared from nowhere!

I hope I'm awake, typing this...

Last edit: and chuckling about that "Time" thing, the 11:11 and how I know we keep a running count in our heads due to being able to wake without an alarm clock my whole life at an exact time, and with that thought, glanced at my clock to see 3:33 .. .apparently the other big new age "sign" ... sigh.. .brains

edit on 5/7/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/7/2016 by Baddogma because: hurried gibberish refined for clarity ...with apologies for relating dream stuff, but this was weird

edit on 5/7/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

The basic dream involved a family get together/wedding in some large metro area and staying in the hotel were the wedding was to occur... at one point I'm walking the city blocks nearby, lost in the crowd, and the sidewalk flows/ dips into a sub-level, rounds a corner and ends at a shop, as if built to herd people to this small shop, and one had to back track and look for a hard to spot exit to get back to the main street above... and one of my fellow "herded" pedestrians mutters, "Where I come from, this sort of farce is illegal."

You are in a contract or work or relationship that you feel you haven't much of a voice in or are being led into a direction you don't want to go.

Then, I find things increasingly "off" and not as they first appear to be ... and deduce I've contracted quite the fever and am in a delirium. I bumble into a place, thinking it was my hotel, and grab a phone to call a family member as I cannot recall the room number... only to realize I'm in a store and the phone was a display model and the clerk wants to notify authorities as I had wandered off with it.

You are finding it impossible to communicate how you feel about this situation.

A harried, cosmopolitan woman takes pity and realizes I wasn't attempting to steal, but was instead in need of assistance, so explains to the clerk and takes me back to her place.
Her name was Raz and her husband, Rex... blah, blah... I explain I'm late for a wedding (erm, tad alchemical) and I can't miss it, so I'm being guided back to the correct hotel by Raz (or Rez- name was close to that) and I am (uncharacteristically I might add) clutching her and sobbing about how lost I had been and how grateful I was to be taken home, boo-hoo .. .and then felt myself being pulled away from this "rescue" and am awakened to our "normal waking life" to find a (huge) fly on my nose looking at my eyes, which is a startling first scene to see, especially as the fly's eyes were quite red, a tad frightening and millimeters from my right eye... the thing was presumably lapping up the tears which were pouring out in waking life... and I never remember having woken (is that the proper tense?) up crying, well, ever.

Id be interested to know what her place looked like if you can remember, as that would represent you or an aspect of your life.
She is you, or an aspect of you "more worldly" that you are relying on for for instinctual advice .
The wedding again is family contract or relationship, being in a hotel means you are in a unfamiliar situation, not home-safe.

The fly, you are trying to turn a thousand eyes in on yourself to try see what you have to do, no matter which 1000 eyes you use, you will see the same outcome.

Don't be afraid, trust that sassy inner female aspects of you to guide you and provide you with a safe place to be.

My gran taught me to read dreams.

edit on 7-5-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Cool... could be accurate, and actually could well be on a few levels, so thank you, Zaz, very much... even though I've taken informal oaths never to yammer on about my own dreams online or in real life!

hard to know 'cause dreams are always parts of your psyche communicating what you can't in real time.. . whatever that means... I find having an inaccessible intelligence in our heads odd, whatever we label it. I wonder if it feels trapped... but I stray.

I sorta suspect some small number of dreams could be from either a 'further-away' level of consciousness or from some exterior source. Ya never know.

One thing, though, is the fly sucking up my tears was in real life... perched on the bridge of my nose literally sucking up tears with a hairy, blurry proboscis and big faceted red eyes.

And waking up sobbing isn't exactly common for me... like never before .... and then with a horsefly on my nose taking up half my vision... heck of a coincidence OR something woo...

Well, I have awakened to pennies appearing from nowhere, and invisible hands on my feet, so I've had precedence for woo...

but it could be the cheap drink with malt liquor and some unlisted energy boosters I had foisted on me the night before ... a gross fool's drink! That didn't help the ambiance of the dream, I'm sure.

But thanks!

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Welcome to the cafe! So much interesting stuff and new perspectives and woo!
I always neglected the multi dimensions and simulated reality stuff, but lately I wonder because I am finding so many hints towards it. Don't know if that's the control loop, or steered, like mass mk-ultra, but it feels to "follow a purpose". But it is a time of paradigm shift, from soul to no free will, because it is just blinking neurons. From stability to chaos and tiny little particles which can be as described or something similar, all is possible, all is uncertain.
So we fall for the simulation, because we want someone to control the chaos, to make the chaos of genetic modulation through all the other possibilities into what we are now, be part of a plan, to make all the quarks, with their weird behaviour not so bad, because "this is not reality, not real". Denial, can't be. That's where it comes from.
Could be tons of other explanations. More likely it's human, because last time I checked we are the only beings capable of building and using space travelling machines.
Maybe it is true and they are with their research 40 years ahead and cracked the code, Philadelphia experiment. Maybe that's why UFOs crash in roswell, time travel experiment.
Maybe ghosts and all that are dimension time lines colliding. Could be a rare, but natural phenomenon.
Point is, right now, we shouldn't replace one superior through another. To go from creator to simulater, just seems cheap.

a reply to: zazzafrazz

Awesome dream interpretation.

Weird stuff! How's your eye?

top topics

<< 163  164  165    167  168  169 >>

join