It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 164
<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:33 AM
a reply to: Baddogma

Haha !

Very early Saturday here lol.

Just semi-ranting in your thread mate ...

Sorry ... carry on.😎

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:38 AM
a reply to: Reverbs

heh yes, everyone has their own reasons for participating.
My is mostly for learning and share what I learn, but everything is an opinion for me, even my own thoughts and concepts, they change or develop all the time...with continuous study and experiences.

But what could motivate one person to do all that is beyond just simple trolling or something silly like that in my opinion. The time and energy investment is quite big for such simple motivation.

Well but we are all different, and maybe there are people who think like that...

Also thanks for sharing your story,
it is amazing read,
I wish you good luck and stay strong!

a reply to: Kantzveldt

thanks for clearing that out,
I appreciate it!

there are a lot of ghost, demons or other strange scary stories but not a lot of such stories involve physical attacks other than a few scratches (and even this is rare). Well there are possessions, but that is a whole different level of attack which probably requires a few conditions to make it work, I imagine.

So from my perspective it seems for now, if you possess strong and sound mind, there is not a lot they can achieve.
In short.
We "give" power to them if we allow it - through fear, doubt, jealousy and all other crazy delusions we are swimming in emotionally.

In my opinion this is exactly why a certain level of "personal maturity" (balance) is necessary for nice spiritual progress and a lot focus is put on that in many systems as basic requirement.
As a sort of natural defence for such events, maybe, I am just pondering...
edit on 1462543919511May115113116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:41 AM
a reply to: Timely

I came here for the answers to the big questions ...

As advertised.

Disappointed ...

Sueing !

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:52 AM
a reply to: Timely

As mentioned, IF anyone had answers, they wouldn't be at this cafe', Earth or perhaps anywhere in this broad, shifting reality!

But that WAS funny... heh

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:02 AM
It's always a treat to start the day with this thread; Walk down 3rd street and recognize that you aren't one of the casualties after all.

Walk into the office, boot up the lenovo and the refelection in the monitor says...."not so fast there, amigo"

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:05 AM
a reply to: UniFinity
And more truths and niceness from your direction...

and yeah, "they" (the demons, critters, a-holes or trickster(s)) are powerless, it seems, to really assail calm love... though with most people being jerked around by biochemical strings and ego, it's a wonder they haven't turned us all into little growling negative generators.

And to be clear, this is opinion based on experiences... for all I know they could shred us limb from limb and eradicate our consciousness, should they choose, but logic dictates that since they take the trouble to manipulate, insinuate and lie, then they are restricted in certain ways.

edit on 5/6/2016 by Baddogma because: typo

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:13 AM
a reply to: olaru12
Heh, yeah, always good to know, "Well, it could be a LOT worse ... in many senses."

Good morning to you, too, sir (and anyone else with eyes and/or consciousness tuned in).

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:15 AM

The only problem I have with this is it smacks of 'the devil made me do it'
I don't subscribe to any other entities making me an arse, I take responsibility for my own actions and behaviors. I don't explain being a jerk with "it was the critters/faeries/demons."

That said, I do think that there are instances (though very rare instances) where naughty/nasty energy can "feed off " the living and at time be strong enough to make the person unwell.
But this is very very rare, and the victim usually kind of self creates the "demon" or gives it more credence.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:35 AM

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

But this is very very rare, and the victim usually kind of self creates the "demon" or gives it more credence.

Maybe not all that rare if you take into consideration all the drunks, speed freaks, pcp geeks, coke heads, crack nutz, junkies , huffers, oxy scripto goons, etc. That's 19 million on the conservative side.

Some drugs open not only open the doors of perception, but the gates of hell. I've been there....I faced the monster, it's more real than you can even imagine. I know, it's easy to discount it as just the repercussions from the drugs. nuh uh...
edit on 6-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:45 AM
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Agreed. Humans have the amazing ability to back themselves into, and create their own prisons and dungeons from hell. No one else can make you more miserable than you can make yourself.

All the while it would seem that someone else, or some outside influence has put you in that place ... because, why would anyone intentionally cause themselves to suffer so greatly?

Truth is? Most of the time we don't know any better. We let our thoughts run astray without any kind of mindfullness over them.

If I left Earth tomorrow, my two biggest pieces of advice to leave behind would be:

1. stay curious
2. watch your thoughts

I've slowly awoken to the realization that not everyone does this. Hell, MOST people don't. I kind of thought most people did...but apparently not.

If thoughts flow through the mind like cars on a freeway, most people are sitting in one of the cars at any given moment. Where you want to be is on the side of the freeway, watching the traffic pass by. Wow, there's a lot of traffic jams...road rage, and horrible driving! A lot of that you wouldn't be able to see if you were embedded inside your thoughts instead of auditing them.

When you step back and watch your thoughts and see where your mind tends to go, you can then step in and take corrective action and begin forming new thought patterns. You can build additional lanes, overpasses, rest stops, and interchanges in your freeway of mind.

Also, something amazing happens when you untangle your own internal emotions and thoughts. When you untangle and trace the cord back to the wall to find the source ... the unexpected you will find: yourself.

Beneath it all, its you. It always has and will be. Underneath all the external crap you think is being thrown at you, all the forces working against you -- it's you. It can take years, even decades of constant work to untangle this truth. We build many defenses, pit falls and traps to keep us from realizing we've been self-sabotaging ourselves the entire time.

Dive into your own mind. Watch your thoughts. Take responsibility for your reality.

Good hunting folks.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:48 AM

When someone is so deluded in self created concepts as truth adding to the mass of concepts... How could a concept prove them wrong? They shun all experience except their own and the ego wins again. Of course those thinking theyve found truth always sell it at the cost of their own life... instead of free like they could be dropping such mental conflargerations to fail at others with but just strike themself instead.

Much the same way yelling across a canyon and hearing an echo and thinking the voice came from someone else... such is the nature of duality.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:55 AM
a reply to: beansidhe

of course dwelling on the doubt instead of life is no way to live, but as one goes about ones business of waking, bathing, eating, etc.? The doubt will crack a zen egg on ones head when least expected dropping yet another piece of the puzzle in ones lap.

Eventually its just sharing pictures, even if they are the same thing... that moment spent sharing is whats beautiful.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:58 AM

Yeah, valid point and I'm with you as far as self responsibility and most of this being psychological (or as I've mentioned, no demarcation at all between the mental/physical ultimately).. .but I've just had these odd experiences where some exterior seeming force was tinkering with things.

But it could be the "subconscious" and pk, I suppose.

The deeply odd experience of being influenced (or ridden in the Voodoo sense) by a dead druggie that I recounted earlier, being another, less "demon-y" example.

So, as it's all tied to consciousness, it's extremely difficult to untangle...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:11 PM

The thing about humbleness that I can pass on as my experience couldnt arise without every single living being past and present up to this point and time those concidered good or bad, they all added to right now all of them known and unknown. Of course admonishing someone for displaying extreme ignorance is like stepping back in time to pop oneself in the head, of course the ignorant popping the ignorant solves nothing but disturbing the peace.

Not to skip a record but when one sings a tune of me me me me, that is the warm up but many curtains dont lift to such a tune it takes the do re me fa so... well you get the idea. Ego even in what are called spiritual endeavors sing the same tune while its just a human experience, applause is polite to the me me me just the same... but it doesnt encourage progress just displays fondness enough to stick around and watch their progression, instead of hamper it because its clothes you dont want them to wear... how selfish can two people be? In such a manner, ways are parted and moses frees slaves yet again.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:15 PM

People really have no idea and can't fathom just how powerful the human mind is.

Most people go from birth to grave thinking their mind is capable of such a tiny fraction of what it is capable of doing. Here's a good example...

Most people go through life with a set of mental tools that they use to create their life. They're CERTAIN that they have all the tools everyone else has. People live their entire lives using these:

When in fact, the mind is capable of far, FAR more. When you brush aside doubt and open yourself up to the possibility that there's more unlocked potential and power inside of you, you can upgrade to these:

Just imagine how much more dimensionally rich you could make your life and reality with those extra "colors"? How much more wonder and amazement could you discover in life with those extra tools? How many more doors can you now create for yourself to walk through?

Upgrade from the 8 pack to the 64 pack of crayons kiddos -- it's worth it...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:20 PM

So, as it's all tied to consciousness, it's extremely difficult to untangle...

Yes, but I read an article in Psychology Today and one in the Atlantic that really helped me crack open that Zen egg....

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:27 PM
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

yes, I hear ya!

the point is to get out of concepts and thoughts. out of duality into realization of absolute nature of reality.

But we will not get there by searching, or reading a book or doing something else.
thinking can be our most precious friend or hated enemy, especially if it is related with spirituality. So sooner we learn to be REAL friends with our mind the better.

Duality and nonduality and its implications were already discussed here at length, but if you are willing to share a bit more on it, be my guest!
I know from our past conversations in other threads, that you are really into this stuff as well and also very advanced meditator, from what I remember, so anything you are willing to share with us considering those things are very welcomed or if you have some advice with meditation in any stage. Beginning, advanced or final.

There are a few people here very interested as far as I can guess and maybe your ideas will bring a new flow of thoughts for someone.
Well for me personally at the current moment, it would help me most if you could explain your experiences or views about bindu's and how to best work with them ... or not work with them at all?

or share some books or links, which you consider truthful.

But it is ok, if you don't want to say anything also,
I realize I might have put you a bit on the spot,
I am just very curious and in this thread I have already learned so much and I like to take the plunge and just ask around, if you don't mind.

: )

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:29 PM
a reply to: olaru12

Is it your perspective that addiction is a demon in control?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:38 PM
a reply to: Reverbs

Hmm vampires, witches, and fairies offering sports cars... does a werewolf sit in the passenger seat or work the shifter? This is why such things as the KPB business are dangerous and likely why Kantz called them "Demonic" that whole meme business again this time using entertainment such as True Blood and trying to manipulate others in reality using someones likes or dislikes against them in order to control them through the silly concept... yet sentient beings so mired and caught up in them as a natural state of duality and not yet awakened become a very powerful tool to further delude and control for personal and greedy agendas instead of free...

A concept is make believe so of course such haughty individuals or group try to do what? Make people believe concepts because since one is already in make believe they can then twist that fake reality into their fake reality by pushing buttons to illicit reactions... and this is no different than the mind control puppets one hears so much about. It takes a lot of effort to sit still in body and become still in mind, then practice until the mind has no thought... senses function regardless of labels we have given the experience, discriminating them when not needed by the conceptual causes one to dwell in the conceptual clouding all experience and leads to discriminating all things equalling of course duality or a self without any support except validation by another which of course doesnt make that experience any more valid of a concept.

I think the old image of a woman asking a man if some food in the fridge smells bad to them is very cute... as women have a better sense of smell. Its like a litmus test of am I losing my mind? I cant tell... but evolution somehow knows if it doesnt smell bad to a man and the woman cant tell? Then its ok to eat or if not in the mood toss cause itll likely be bad the next time its encountered.

So basically theres two animals the creative animal and the instinctual animal once one resolves the other does too... and thats when theres no doubt.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:39 PM

There are some in AA that would lay blame on their alcoholism to demons, refer to alcohol as a demon, and truly believe that they had some kind of spiritual awakening that "exorcised them" from their ills.

Despite a 75% relapse rate within their first year of AA.

new topics

<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>