It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 165
<< 162  163  164    166  167  168 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

a good one... is a slap in the face of our infinite nature, sometimes I have to get pretty fierce when someone shows up with shoulders of intent but before they can even draw lines of battle they already fell centuries ago, so how could they harm whhen theyve already killed themself and havent even realized it yet? A corpse is a corpse and so many drag it along like a shadow through time... its a sad thing really, and it is an honor to finally lay them to rest.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You know it wasnt really the drugs... that was and still is an excuse... but you dont want to admit the temptation is still there, so you do not become weak and slip.

They were simply a coping mechanism to feel some kind of peace and balance when you had none... but when one has no peace and balance how could coping in such an extreme hope to achieve it with another extreme? All things in moderation, means all things in balance... so if you havent seen it? Youve gotten the ability to cope under control but now blame the ocean for yesterdays rain... when the flowers saw no inconvienance as they are already naturally in balance to their true nature.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

In such reasons... I can only imagine.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Is it your perspective that addiction is a demon in control?

Yes, but it's much more complicated than just what the drugs do to your consciousness.

I know it sounds like woo woo mysticism but the quantum cosmos contains mystery's that doesn't conform to our primitive physics and science. The only analogy I can draw is ...

You can't teach a dog how to play poker no matter how hard you try.

Some drugs can by pass our preconceived notions about what we term reality and give us a very tiny glimpse into what mystics and shaman's experience. Drugs are just the back roads and not the interstate of the mind; the interstate is called programming.

Most of my epiphanies had no connections to mind altering substances. Let's call it religious for lack of a better term...

It's fine if you or others want to patronize me...

As my Hopi bros always say..."walk in my moccasins, then get back to me"

My apologies for not being articulate to adequately express the unexpressable.

edit on 6-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

reminds me of a movie I saw wish I could remember the name, about voodoo on the bayou this young lady is told not to go into the attic and of course it becomes the ren and stimpy shiney red button... as a trope, but the woman says it only has power over you if you believe it as an off handed comment, like her subconscious trying to free herself and the young lady she wishes to make captive... the young lady to protect herself goes into town later knowing the older woman is steeped in voodoo and pours salt at the door ways, and of course the older lady being subject or under the control of her own belief? Becomes controlled by another... maybe just a movie but thats exactly how it works, same thing can be seen when letting curiosity subject oneself to political threads right here at ATS as such lines of salt are poured out on the regular as they slug it out.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

So .. ze meaning of liff ....

eez ?

Crayola !

Now my lifw gas meaninf ... tbat i my liff on android.

Points for translation ...
😎

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness
Flick is Skeleton Key.. .and yeah, parts of it's "system" rang true.

Belief = true (ish)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Ah otherblindness a thing often labeled as autistic... when its really just pure intention. In such its easy to forget others have intentions agendas and reasons for doing or saying other than appearances or honest communication. Such a thing gets called naievety or happy go lucky... no matter the labels, its the intention to be aware of and as any single female can tell you? They dont appreciate trying to guess them or the game trying to cover them up... of course other reasoning may dupe men into thinking that works because he got a wink and a nod, but in just the right light, mood, and moment anything can appear just right.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

It is said zen mind beginners mind... when a child is corrected to stay inside those lines and stop making trees their favorite color... whos at fault?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Oh we do get there doing that... as thats the path itself, few fail to recognize they were already crawling it before learning to walk. From there its nothing but directions until we stop asking... yet still they come, I suppose slapping the hand going I know where Im at is kinda rude but isnt also pointing also concidered the same?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

You know it wasnt really the drugs... that was and still is an excuse... but you dont want to admit the temptation is still there, so you do not become weak and slip.

They were simply a coping mechanism to feel some kind of peace and balance when you had none... but when one has no peace and balance how could coping in such an extreme hope to achieve it with another extreme? All things in moderation, means all things in balance... so if you havent seen it? Youve gotten the ability to cope under control but now blame the ocean for yesterdays rain... when the flowers saw no inconvienance as they are already naturally in balance to their true nature.

Thanks for your help...

The road to enlightenment is by reading a book by Alan Watts?

edit on 6-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Is it your perspective that addiction is a demon in control?

Yes, but it's much more complicated than just what the drugs do to your consciousness.

I know it sounds like woo woo mysticism but the quantum cosmos contains mystery's that doesn't conform to our primitive physics and science. The only analogy I can draw is ...

You can't teach a dog how to play poker no matter how hard you try.

Why teach a dog something that comes naturally? Puppies occur unless theres a flush of spades... yes I know spayed but if Bob Barker had his way all dogs would be buried with such a device.

A common misconception to get more on the mundane level, is natives didnt call a horse a horse it was called a dog... hence a dog is a mans best friend, doesnt actually refer to canines.

Even without drugs time can do a number on accepted reality as belief goes...

Im glad youve moved beyond extremes in your past... but every time you bring it up? Youre dealing downers. His Holiness told me not to be an asshole... we the forum I modded for had a rule of dont be a dick and as I was stepping down I said if anyone was wondering why I was such an asshole that wasnt against the rules. I constantly gave people tech advice drew wiring diagrams etc. got that following of cant do or say anything wrong boot licking, so as I was about to step down after years of advice I started giving some to see how blind people were to just following instead of thinking or paying attention to other posters... like one was asking whats the best thing to polish paint on a gas tank? and I said brake cleaner... this of course will clean pain on a gas tank better than any as in completely off the tank. Later as I decribed was I was being an asshole mentioned above... the guy says im glad youre admitting it because you are one all in a huff... and I said you didnt happen to polish your tank with brake clean did you?

So its not only belief one has in oneself that can be fallible but the belief they can hold of others simply by title or position... and well disregarding others opinions for my positions supposedly superior knowledge opinion made it ring true, but who was actually the asshole in that situation? Is a question I cant answer...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

We see what you are doing here....trying to shut this thread down.

I don't know why...but it worked.

I'm done...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
a reply to: beansidhe

of course dwelling on the doubt instead of life is no way to live, but as one goes about ones business of waking, bathing, eating, etc.? The doubt will crack a zen egg on ones head when least expected dropping yet another piece of the puzzle in ones lap.

Eventually its just sharing pictures, even if they are the same thing... that moment spent sharing is whats beautiful.

Eh?
I'm from Scotland, we dinnae have zen eggs here.

I can't doubt myself when bathing or eating or I'd go mad. I prefer to be blissfully aware in those activities.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

hah, got it, loud and clear.
thank you for this post.

You see, I am aware and used to deep silence and absorption during practice, but in normal waking state, doubts still linger a bit too much and I can not seem to stay in the feeling of meditation throughout the day.

Because I can feel a lot of stuff going on within subtle body and this makes me lose concentration in practice and also during the day. And sometimes I want to (doubt, ego? : ) ) speed things up you know, but it seems that complete relaxation and letting go is the basic as I have been practicing for a long time.

But,
there is still a lot of practice in store for me, hehe!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

It's fine if you or others want to patronize me...

I would hope we have known each other long enough to assure you I would NEVER patronize you or your addiction battle. It was an enquiry as to your position on the matter, nothing more.

We don't have to agree, but you will always have my empathy and my support.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

well I don't know from where you are from, but around my country, growling negative generators seems fitting for a lot of people, haha.

kidding aside.

yes, it seems that they always desire something, just like we, but they do "bad" stuff in order to get what they want due to no morality for us (we do that to animals also, so no wonder in my opinion it is the same.).
But I think they can be very intelligent beings, well probably some are and some are not, just like us and animals in a way.

Another type of beings, with probably some amazing powers.

From what I understand there are different beings in other worlds made from other element as base,
we being earth (human body).

Than there are air, fire, water and wind.

There is a lot of potential for all kind crazy #,
but there is always some "price to pay".

: )

edit on 1462564838500May005003116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Nah, I think you misunderstood what he was on about... some people are hard to glean at first read, and even at ten.. .like me sometimes, but he (or Zazz) didn't seem to be patronizing or nasty.. .they are actually saying perception differs and is the key... be as a child, or something close.

Smile...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

I wonder what the universal exchange rate is on that "price to pay" ?!

But I get you... crazy shyte indeed... and speaking of crazy, I live in the USA, here.

I KNOW there at least appear to be different beings about... heck, makes sense as we seem to be in a big sandbox for life, and we can only perceive the grains of sand in our corner.

I just want to avoid the cat squatting over me, if at all possible.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

hahaha

yes, I don't like it when cats squat over me also,
but I am ok with dogs though,
they don't scratch...
or goats, they are nice also, but they can smell very bad
or chickens...but they can be dirty and they like to # on you to, if you hang them above for too long. But I am not implying that happened to me.

: )

well, when I was a kid, we had a lot of farm animals around and enjoyed playing with them.
It was a looot of fun!

hmm about price to pay, well I think for everybody it is different.
For me karma is not imaginary and it all plays according to karma, if karma does not have what you want "in store" for you, you will not get it, no matter what.

But there are ways even when karma is strong against you doing something and almost nothing is set in stone.
So it is on us to figure out how to pay and keep paying it
until the price is right,
for "good" or "bad".

But I don't think of karma as a being but a force, like gravity but much more "abstract", if that makes sense, well we talked about that a while ago in here...

edit on 1462566923535May355353116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 162  163  164    166  167  168 >>

join