It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 129
<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I don't see why anyone would wish to strawman attack...

You've gotten ahead of yourself, old friend.

There is NOTHING neoplatonic about these threads.

What "threads"?

edit on 19-3-2016 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

originally posted by: Reverbs
This particular person pretends to know but says nothing.

People who act like they know on ats do not know anything. But some philosophy they have gives them the need to convert others into whatever they think normal is.

yeah, a lot of folks here have noticed that but just haven't posted it publically calling him out.

oh, he thinks I don't have two brain cells to rub together. so don't feel bad about him putting down you or others that don't agree with him and the whole IQ comment.

my favorite is when the going gets rough and people criticise his views he threatens to flee from the thread and run away. I may not have two brain cells to rub together, but at least i have a pair of something else.

besides he can't be bothered with your non-sycophantic questions. he's too busy writing a book only 4 people will read.

as for your out of body experience. that's very interesting. I had one too, that I mentioned earlier in this thread but it didn't match up with the monsters from the Id narrative and got steamrolled. it's an interesting phenomena, in physics terms what do you think is responsible for it? holographic universe? bare-charge dirac qed like coupling of brainwaves or something? there's gotta be a rational answer the phenomena.

Just because I don't put ANY (that's 0.00%) credibility into the A**** thread does not mean I think that you have no brain cells. I think that you are quite intelligent. Please do not conflate your intelligence with some other person's ideas as being equivalent. I have never attacked you, your personality, or your intelligence.

Now as for a philosophy that I wish to convert others to.. well that's really the pot calling the kettle black.

I've never seen such a voracious desire to convert others to their point of view, than in the A**** and the aircraft threads in general. It's truly amazing the depth of need to turn all that into a religion of one kind or another.

Insofar as the things which I discuss, nearly all if it is expressed in this one thread, in the chat section.

I'm hardly taking out full page ads in newspapers.

I do have a blog.. but i haven't even submitted it to google or done any search engine optimization.. the blog is 90% for me to write stuff down that I wish to keep track of.

Do I sometimes get tired of ad hominem attack and take a break from certain threads? Yes, I do.

I'm quite human; i've never said otherwise.

And again, that is pot calling the kettle black; you may recall that I gave you my personal email address too, out of respect to you and out of interest in what you have to say. Now you haven't sent me many emails, but I've been waiting.. and
in particular you've spoken about your own frustration about participating in various threads.. and leaving them
for periods of time.

Kev

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

I don't see why anyone would wish to strawman attack...

You've gotten ahead of yourself, old friend.

There is NOTHING neoplatonic about these threads.

What "threads"?

The threads in "Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness";

at least the ones I've been posting.. and I'd say a great majority of those of other posters. though I suspect that we have a closet Gnostic or two.

As for "getting ahead of myself" please explain.

Kev

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Dude? It's Neoplatonism.

Is calling it derivative of Neoplatonism an attack? Please explain. Since when is Neoplatonism a dirty word? And, the post was in response to BD's post concerning "critters inhabiting human systems", yep, it referenced you, but what's the deal? Have you decided that you own the idea?

Because you don't. Iamblichus is way, way ahead of you.

That's all.

edit on 19-3-2016 by Bybyots because: , : .

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

Dude? It's Neoplatonism.

Is calling it derivative of Neoplatonism an attack? Please explain. Since when is Neoplatonism a dirty word? And, the post was in response to BD's post concerning "critters inhabiting human systems", yep, it referenced you, but what's the deal? Have you decided that you own the idea?

Because you don't. Iamblichus is way, way ahead of you.

That's all.

Well I will chalk this up as perhaps my not understanding the intent of your reply.

And no, there is nothing 'dirty' about Neoplatonic thought.. but only in the loosest
possible sense does it apply to anything I'm personally discussing anyway.

As for "doing it better" .. I'm not trying to compete with an old, global philosophical
system.. Summarizing a mass of thought and giving it some rather arbitrary label
doesn't have any particular value to me..

Now.. I AM quite fervently fascinated by the topic, of why people are so stuck in
a rut.. and that topic could fill thousands of pages. I'd welcome your thought on
that "old friend".

(I'm not certain that I have even one friend on ATS, but we've certainly bandied
a few words back and forth and have some common interests).

Kev

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Who said your iq comment was directed at me??

You did read me comment that it was not directed at me didn't you?

I think you assume too much.

Haha but yea I assumed his iq comment was directed at nothing in general. A wasted sentence.

Lol

Maybe you could talk less in absolutes. You cannot know for sure what is going on in the entire universe. Or if certain beings take an interest in us or not. Use the words " I think" or "the data leads me to believe..." It will save you a lot of headache in the long run. You speak as a priest rather than a scientist.

I'm not saying you're wrong I'm saying we disagree. I think a certain way. You however are saying you know I'm wrong and I will go through the thread but I doubt I will see any proof of your ideas so you know take it down a notch my man...

Be nice and it will come back nice.

In any case
Have a good day.

reply to: KellyPrettyBear

edit on 20-3-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

Yes maybe we should try and arrange a conference for them, but how to invite them? Perhaps arrange a block in the cosmic water supply, and see if the little plumbers will come to fix it? They've certainly stood the test of time, these little friends and they appear across cultures - brownies for me, and Apkallu for you - but they just don't seem to be going away anytime soon.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

a reply to: jacygirl

It's a tough one really, because neurologists will tell you (and if there are any reading, please correct me) that we still don't really know too much about psychosis. Possibly due to disruption in the limbic system, but then where does it differentiate truly from epilepsy, without the fine/gross motor involvement?
I likened it to psychosis really just because that was a handy frame of reference, and like you both say, it's the paper and bows that we wrap our ideas in that then point the way to the next train of thought.

Which led me to think about ideas in general. Where do they come from? Are they a conglomeration of memories repackaged in a new format to suit the event or wee electro-blips akin to psychosis? I'm aware my grasp of neurology is akin to smacking a brain with a wooden spoon, but just some random musings.

Also, I tried wall-staring...quite nice...my skirting boards need painted....

edit on 20-3-2016 by beansidhe because: sp

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
Who said your iq comment was directed at me??

You did read me comment that it was not directed at me didn't you?

I think you assume too much.

Haha but yea I assumed his iq comment was directed at nothing in general. A wasted sentence.

Lol

Maybe you could talk less in absolutes. You cannot know for sure what is going on in the entire universe. Or if certain beings take an interest in us or not. Use the words " I think" or "the data leads me to believe..." It will save you a lot of headache in the long run. You speak as a priest rather than a scientist.

I'm not saying you're wrong I'm saying we disagree. I think a certain way. You however are saying you know I'm wrong and I will go through the thread but I doubt I will see any proof of your ideas so you know take it down a notch my man...

Be nice and it will come back nice.

In any case
Have a good day.

reply to: KellyPrettyBear

It becomes quite tiresome to say "a preponderance of the evidence points to the following conclusions..and this isn't the sort of thread where anyone talks that way.. not you.. not anyone.

Do I rub people the wrong way? Yes, quite often.

Now about knowing.. Iv'e written extensively that functionally it's impossible to know anything with certainty. In fact I received moderator "applause" for one such post if I recall.

However I'm as free as anyone to "boldly assert and proclaim" anything of which I feel relatively certain (relative certainty seems to be the maximum level available to anyone). I've been at this stuff for 50 years now.. I've accumulate a vast amount.

As to "sounding more like a priest than a scientist", well I'm afraid that's rather a professional failing.. my blog is named "Stories of a Failed Shaman". It is not named "Stories of a Failed Scientist", though that would also be valid.
(I put in "failed" as I've not come as far as I have wished).

So.. you've not told me anything that I've not heard before, nor anything which I'm going to change.

But thanks for sharing your feelings.

Kev

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I was beginning to wonder; aren't you a professional in academia?

Oh good lord, NO!!!

I was in school for far too many years, it's true, and was thus a semi-pro student... but hardly an academic... neither pro or even minor leagues... and though I'm not anti academia or anything, I know enough to take offense at being labeled a professional in academia...heh... many of them are wonderful, and likely dwell behind many avatars here, but c'mon.. .the vast majority are insufferable dinks.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

And, to reiterate for likely the third time to make sure I am understood, I hope you are aware that even if I disagree with some of your views (and admit it may be because I am ignorant of the details), I can still love and respect the person expressing them.

I'm restating that not really for you, as I think you grok that, but for others who might have trouble separating the two ideas... that separation is very important in discussions like this.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

(I'm not certain that I have even one friend on ATS.....)

Kev

I'm your friend, dammit!

I'm everybody's friend...except for those rare occasions when I'm being "an insufferable dink". (sorry, had to steal that Baddogma...I thought I was the only person who called people 'dinks'!)

Oh, good morning everybody!
Does anyone have any input regarding the "Mandela Effect"...? Specifically name changes (ie. Berenstein/Berenstain Bears)?
I have found another name change, am doing research, taking screen shots...but have absolutely NO idea what's really going on. (but it's frustrating me to no end!)

jacy

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Heh, shortened 'dink' is for all to use as they see fit... or 'dinkus,' the primary root noun (Indo-European is it?) and my fav, 'dinkusi' as plural.

And I have a deep suspicion that the Mandela Effect is simply people's very, very fallible memories colluding with the brain's quirks... it's usually some bit of trivia that people don't find very important and is thus malleable.

But durn it, I sure thought it was Berenstein Bears, heh, but not having kids and being a bit too old to read the books when they were at their height of popularity, I chalk it up to faulty memory.

New Zealand is still where I've always thought it was on a map and I knew when Nelson was alive...

but then I thought of the Mandela Effect last night while fumbling with my keys on my dark porch.

I couldn't find my house key on my key-ring. I was positive that my house key was placed between my two car keys to make it easy to find in such situations, but it was now next to my friend's identical house key... somehow it had 'jumped' my car keys on the ring.

So either I migrated universes last night, my key teleported.... or I drunkenly fiddled with my keys in my pocket and somehow passed the house key through the seemingly too small, secondary ring my car keys were on and did a magic trick.

My guess is the third option... but still, a small coincidence in that Mandel's Effect came up, heh... and maybe I did jump universes yesterday.

Yesterday was weird in itself... for me and my circle, anyway... there was much general anxiety and "icky" feelings, for some reason. Today just feels icky, so far, from drinking the ickiness away last eve.

eta: but I'd change my mind on the effect existing if stop signs were yellow, now.

edit on 3/20/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

I think that the way such things actually work is that though it seems idle imaginings to consider such the invitations have already been despatched from the Seelie Court, and all you're really expected to learn are the courtly protocols, that such an encounter is not only possible but inevitable.

There are issues need resolving given their last known location of beneath the mound (of first creation), but at the risk of sounding all Neo=Platonic i think the answer lies in the association of Apollo with the constellation Delphinus, that it's a question of the Photonic, and therefore all a trick of the light.

edit on Kam33179vAmerica/ChicagoSunday2031 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I am also feeling the 'ick' past few days, anxiety too. (what's the moon doing? I like to blame the moon)

Regarding the Mandela Effect and faulty memory...the one I'm working on now, well hubby and I actually have a shared memory that reinforces that the 'previous' name did in fact exist.
Andrew Zimmerman, host of Bizarre Foods...is now apparently Andrew Zimmern. (this is what I've been researching)

Hubby and I watch some food shows, including Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations". Hubby is a fan of Zimmerman, and I playfully cheer for "Team Bourdain". One evening while discussing the shows, he started chanting "Zim mer man!" (like, "he's the man!")....and I chanted back "Bour dain!".
He said, "Haha, that doesn't work!" so I changed it to, "An tho ny! An tho ny!"
It's not just changing one letter in a name...it's changing from three syllables to two. Noticeable.

I keep taking screen shots, some showing both spellings in the same article. Strangely, I see that ALL the fan pics posted by people (especially facebook pics)...they ALL refer to him as Zimmerman.

jacy

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I am also feeling the 'ick' past few days, anxiety too. (what's the moon doing? I like to blame the moon)

Vernal equinox (Happy Spring!) perhaps? Just flying in, back soon x

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I've been feeling amazing last couple days but other people seem to be getting sick and low energy. Maybe for me it's because I've been trying out some http and melatonin before bed. My dreams have been so fun. Nigh before last there was a tower like a bell tower or castle. Trying to figure how to gt up it I see a raised path that les to it's mid section but when I got to it, and walked inside the "tower" it started raising like an elevator and then swinging sideways. So now I'm flying over the landscape and castles villages and things one of the last castles looked like a model castle and I was in a girls room. " I'm the princess" lol.... The rest gets weirder but hard to remember.

I remembered part of what happened to me dealing with death threats and one banned member was trying to phish for information on who might have a melatonin/serotonin imbalance. He was trying to further the imbalance. So I'm just checking experimenting trying to see how healthy my brain chemistry is.

Yesterday I felt great even after way too many drinks the night before. Melatonin seems a similar dream vividness as all those dream herbs I use to mix up and make tea with. I stopped because my goal was lucid dreaming which I am almost every night. It's funny now even when I don't know I'm dreaming I know I can fly anyway lol. Last night I just floated around about 20 feet up and just watched my dream with out playing in it. Not lucid though

Berenstain bears was always an a for me. I've read like 40 of the books and watched the cartoon. Me and my brother read them Christmas eves because we couldn't sleep. Mandela first time he died was my teacher confusing him with another activist that died in jail. But then he died 2 more times.. I can't keep it straight. "Jupiter ascending" was "Jupiter rising" this could be a copyright issue but you can still find slight evidence of rising though some of the rising evidence changed to ascending as I watched it..
And then.... My computer was hacked and yea the rest of that stuff..

a reply to: Baddogma

edit on 20-3-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

And, to reiterate for likely the third time to make sure I am understood, I hope you are aware that even if I disagree with some of your views (and admit it may be because I am ignorant of the details), I can still love and respect the person expressing them.

I'm restating that not really for you, as I think you grok that, but for others who might have trouble separating the two ideas... that separation is very important in discussions like this.

Hell! I don't even agree with all of my ideas. Of course I understand.

For example, I once thought there was 5% true about the whole A**** affair. Well now I see that I was in error, and it was in fact 0.0% true. I know some will criticize me for changing my opinion, but that's what semi-mature, semi-intelligent people do.. when they see they are wrong, they adjust their point of view.

Should every observation, opinion and point of view i have be proven in error, why then i would introduce the newly learned truths into my paradigm. That's called science. That's called maturity.

I have nothing to fear about disagreement, as the worst possible thing that could happen to me, is that all my points be proven wrong; but then I'd learn what was RIGHT, and that's all I want.

Also, I have no (zero) ego investment into "being a shaman" or regarding the "status of my Kundalini" or what have you.

The more one gets caught up in that kind of nonsense -- in other words conflates their theories with their sense of self, the more they are prone to confusion and suffering.

Please---feel free to disagree liberally. This isn't even my thread.. I'm just a visitor.

Kev

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I'm glad to hear that.

Do you ever wonder if you are 'sucking' on those around you?

I have two stalkers myself.. but they've behaved themselves recently. I hope yours do too.

But as a result of those stalkers, I'm not handing out my contact info any longer. I have a wonderful younger wife to protect, after 53 years of being with the wrong people ( this is my third marriage ). I'd do anything to protect her. She's the most amazing person that I have ever met.

Kev

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Oh I was up to 17 threats to my life or my little brothers (how they got his name dunno) anyway they all seem banned or not around. I'm behaving myself on my end.

As to your other question 'sucking' on others.. Another part I'm scared to go into. Similar was phished for in the past in relation again to melatonin/serotonin, psychic states, and well "vampires"

I don't give that sort if information out anymore and if I sense your energy I won't mention it even in private. :p

I have a few trusted vetted friends. From here on out I have to go solo. But yes one of the things that started my troubles was a silly quiz "psychic vampire or empath" something to that effect.

I later looked back and found I was in many threads that turned out "phishy."
It's funny you now sound like that eventhough my radar says you are a good dude.

Wish I could answer that better for you.

top topics

<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join