It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 132
<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Yeah, a bit mad but I'm with ya, buddy... dunno what form they normally take, but the little flying monkey-frog widgits is a common sighting.

Why do they hate us so much?

I'd think any critter with a long life might mellow and find other life interesting, and I doubt they hate us for benevolent reasons, like we're killing the planet or something as they just don't come across as even super fervent neo hippies... they are just nasty and hateful.

But WHY? The Judeo-Christian musings fall short, as far as this ignoramus can glean... why in tulpa's name would naything be jealous of US?

Anyway... I just can't fathom someone or anything hating me, heh.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: beansidhe

That graphic of the fish and tuning fork, and what could look like a gate between worlds, might send some folks sure megalithic circles were teleportation gateways over the edge...

but either way, that's some impressive stone carving.

Fish, tuning fork and comb & mirror. It's cute, no? It does seem like an ancient quest in life is to understand death, which seems like a terrible waste of life when you think about it.
We invent gods from old stories and then spend our days fearing repercussions from said gods. We're bonkers.

The comb and mirror is nearly always associated with the Otherworld; mermaids usually have them, banshees tend to avoid them (store that fact away should it be useful
), they're often grave goods, they need to be retreived from boar's hair etc etc.
Out of interest, do they occur in other stories, like aliens or American folklore or these forever people Mr Bear talks about?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

They live on the edge of our world and theirs. Maybe they miss orgasms and chocolate ice cream or their ancient versions.

Maybe "something backs us" such as ma and pa feathered drakes and that hella annoys them.

I don't rightly know.

Kev
edit on 21-3-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Do you mean to infer that I am unto like the child in the photo you posted?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I thought this song was interesting on the "demon" topic.

I'm at work or I would say more. Hope it's at least interesting and not sidetracking.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Demons are interesting. I swing between them not existing to being perverted once human souls.

I read once somewhere (no memory of the actual study now) that over 90% of demonic possession cases had a history of sexual and physical abuse as children or teenagers.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Re: your 2nd sentence -

I'm on the fence about demons and whether "possession" truly exists, and it's something I rarely think on, so I was a bit surprised, on reading what you'd written about those with histories of childhood abuse , to have the following thought literally pop full-blown into my head -

- Maybe 'broken' minds are more vulnerable to 'invasion' by unsavory 'forces'?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

In my case having demonic encounters since I was little (before 4) I wonder if you are right. I do recall many of my nightmares being related to my dad yelling. His voice screaming made me fall and shrink at the same time down the side of my dresser seeing the giant knobs as I fell. I fell for minutes until the bottom bounce back up and grow to human size and yell again...

There was a feeling like hot sand to his voice. Hard to explain how "hell" like this was.

The song mentions demons as "my demons" that's why I picked it.

I think though that demon is too big a word and there could be psychological demons that torture you from the inside and real world demons as well.

And then if they are attracted to anger fear and abuse it would be hard to say cause and effect with the 90% thing. Maybe abuse causes mental demons or maybe spirit world demons come around when abuse is there or even helping foster said abuse..

I think the entire world could be smaller than my mind or that we pick the multiverse so that psychology effects reality.. Said another way it could be all in your head but then reality might be too..

It's hard to tell.

I have experienced real world outside of me demons however. I think they are real. And then I've experienced stuff way out if this world like separate reality.. Like mind shattering crazy weirdness that leaves me stunned to this day.. I wonder sometimes if I'm all the way back to "here" or if part of me was left behind when I........

They tried to break me.. Whoever they is.. Army training helped me keep my mind intact. Holy wow though.. Normal life is so boring now. I was shown things.. Experienced things that are impossible.. I can live without any more threats though.. Please and thank you lol
edit on 21-3-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2016 by Reverbs because: There

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

well to my knowledge no true buddhist schools supports souls or specially supreme being aka creator god deity...afkors one could argue that Buddha is a god, but after closer inspection one discovers that is far from the case and why that is ...

There are differences between those schools, but not in a way it is implied...in most cases differences does not conflict/contradict with each other so strongly and for instance Tibetan buddhisem is famous for merging those traditions together and created a new one... For instance Milarepa merged Maha, Theravada and Vajrayana and is in a way a testament how teachings from various traditions can be united... and he later was one of the main masters who started Kagyu tradition in Tibet. And it was similar in Japan, China and other countries and other newer traditions...

oh..and I am far from expert also...just a bit of a fan lately, as I have plunged deep into buddhist sutras and tantras from random traditions. But all, till now were very interesting to read... : )
edit on 1458628762339March393393116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity

well to my knowledge no true buddhist schools supports souls or specially supreme being aka creator god deity...afkors one could argue that Buddha is a god, but after closer inspection one discovers that is far from the case and why that is ...

There are differences between those schools, but not in a way it is implied...in most cases differences does not conflict/contradict with each other so strongly and for instance Tibetan buddhisem is famous for merging those traditions together and created a new one... For instance Milarepa merged Maha, Theravada and Vajrayana and is in a way a testament how teachings from various traditions can be united... and he later was one of the main masters who started Kagyu tradition in Tibet. And it was similar in Japan, China and other countries and other newer traditions...

oh..and I am far from expert also...just a bit of a fan lately, as I have plunged deep into buddhist

sutras and tantras from random traditions. But all, till now were very interesting to read... : )

Well this is why I have a certain respect for some facets of Buddhism. I have even posted sometimes that early Buddhism is less corrupt, and it is only later Buddhism which seems to show that it too has fallen to prey to the global control loops.

BTW, you don't view the references to the "rainbow body" in Tibetian Buddhism to be a reference to a soul or spirit?

Kev

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I personally view "rainbow body" to be the different lights that all make up the one light of you.

Can you explain being against the soul idea?

To me and people may not like me saying this.. I bow to no one.

Know that's not for me to answer but just thought I would.

I am.

I view "rainbow body" the same as "rainbow bridge"

It actually looks like that. Rainbow colored. In my experience.

edit on 22-3-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
I personally view "rainbow body" to be the different lights that all make up the one light of you.

Can you explain being against the soul idea?

To me and people may not like me saying this.. I bow to no one.

Know that's not for me to answer but just thought I would.

I am.

I view "rainbow body" the same as "rainbow bridge"

It actually looks like that. Rainbow colored. In my experience.

I"m not "against the soul", but just like one of the early Buddhas would have said (there were multiple);
the "soul" is a delusion. It is temporary. It is intended to die (it should not "ignite future lights").

There is *something* trapped here on Earth, until the tendency to build souls stops.

I really don't care who agrees with me; if I did, I'd still be trapped in wrong thinking.

Now mind you, I certainly don't know everything.. but I no longer fall prey to the primary delusions
of which the world is full to overflowing.

Kev

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
So you seek death
?

This is oddly spiraling again and again what I was taught by.... When I went through "hell"

What's your end game if it's not "soul/spirit"
Body goes bye bye.

Things are afraid of me, and yet a very interesting quote comes mind I can't repeat as I'm pretty sure my posts are read by "others" but hmm how to say.. If I figure this out I'm not coming back.
I think we are using words differently.

Your view sounds like complete selflessness. Non attachment. Which brings me back to even more weirdness I can't mention . Haha sorry.

edit on 22-3-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I don't seek anything.

I experienced soul death a few years ago.

The soul is the repository of confusion, delusion and suffering.

Its a great relief to be rid of it.

Kev

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

hm I have not considered it like that, but anyway, I see your point, even though in buddhisem there are NO "souls" or "spirit".

a bit more info for other readers about what we are talking about...rainbow body

also interesting "rainbow video", with very informative description. : )

I don't know about the truthfulness of the video or the page but it is not even important...make of it what you will... buuut maybe this is valid auspicious sign that deceased has accomplished his goal - transformed into the light body in both these examples...they know so, but is it true is another matter.

Although this stuff happens apparently even in modern times and they have an explanation about how it could be true and also instructions how to achive it, but it is rare to find such a highly pure and spiritually advanced person from what I can read.
well I am certain at least that, majoraty would not tell a lie as they have most devoted monks in tibetan buddhisem present even till today... for me..

so is it a coincidence? or maybe even a silly play of light and matter from Melissa? : )

well...weird things are going on in "the background" with some pure persons of heigh self realization from all religions and in different time spans.... There are numerous accounts of many different things occurring with death bodies. Some stay warm for a long time, some smell nice, some don't dissolve, etc...there is plenty such information on google available.

Also how is the mental state when they die and if they die in meditation and leave the body on their own, one last time...who knows how death is and what is possible in reality for such persons?
or just maybe if karma is really depleted during life or completely dissolved in bardo after death (another buddhist teachings...), this is possible and many other things...is all I am saying.

But as it was stated before in this thread, I don't believe in some kind of eternity for any being or deity is possible. But I believe we can be done with "samsara" for good once we figure it out how to do that.

edit on 1458655020357March573573116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

In my view samsara ends when the soul dies.

But all that enlightenment crap and boddhisattva crap is WAY overblown IMHO.

Kev

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

thanks for opinion!

well I hope I will soon find out on my own (non)experiance the truth for myself about all these things.

But I feel that there are many depths to complete and final enlightenment...it depends on us and our practice and devotion and how far we want to go.
And also maybe complete and final enlightenment is possible or maybe easier/faster with deep true motivation to help all other beings as they teach...from their esoteric teachings those overblown things makes a lot of sense.

...but there are a lot of maybes : )

edit on 1458660220323March233233116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I think I found something of interest concerning your book:
There are two Russians Evgeni and Igor Bondarenko, which made an awesome experiment, they triggered a sensor inside a steel plated cottage using nothing but their mind.
It's in a movie I am watching right now, Clemens Kuby "shamanic healing".

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I think I found something of interest concerning your book:
There are two Russians Evgeni and Igor Bondarenko, which made an awesome experiment, they triggered a sensor inside a steel plated cottage using nothing but their mind.
It's in a movie I am watching right now, Clemens Kuby "shamanic healing".

Neato

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

went looking - some interesting looking vids there

People are so alienated from their own soul that when they meet their soul they think it comes from another star system. TERENCE MCKENNA

new topics

top topics

<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join