It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 131
<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Humans are social creatures, so tend to see things in terms of sentient beings and agency.

Since there is no escaping that, and never will be until we stop being human, some people just work within that framework.

That's my answer at any rate.

Your mileage may vary.

Kev

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
Yes well I happen to know people deep in secrecy and I see no reason to continue to think it was USAF. So it was something else.

My brothers reaction to it told me a lot.

As if it wasn't there lighting up 100s of feet of beach with it's center light.

From that point I think we diverge.

You Are an air or water sign.. Air..

Aquarius maybe..

I want to read your past posts before I continue.

a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

This is EXACTLY why I know that the "real" "UFOs" are not black project aircraft and they are not alien craft either. When two people stand right next to each other, and one sees a large, impressive, detailed, "UFO" and the other person sees nothing at all, or something completely different...

Then we have caught the Wizard of Oz with his or her pants down.. and the whole "secret" stands at least partly revealed..

it would mean (to me at least), that some or all of the "sighting" is projected into the mind, and all minds react differently..and/or there is some sort of overlaying of quantum worlds on a macro level, where the "perceiver" gets to choose which "world" they interact with.

Why the nuts and bolts religious fanatics, who want (literally) "Space Jesus" to come save them in his ships can't see simple facts amazes me.

Kev

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Are you referring to the fact that the great majority of "control loops" are self-induced? That's it's peoples obsessions which make the world the way that it is? That any external agency, if any, might just have to spark things and then sit back and watch us little copy machines (humans copy things as part of their nature) go to work?

Yes very much so, i was trying to find a parallel for your cynicism with regards to control loops and Tricksters and Kundalini conspirices even spiritual practise in general, which seems to relate to your aborted quest for Divinity through Buddhist pursuits, which is to say you almost had The Precious within your grasp but realized that despite the attraction it can fundamentally destroy the individual.

The Precious represents the nine levels of existence and magical transformation all bound as One, Yggdrasil and the power of Odin, so it does have a certain desirability but given the nature of the Deity to whom it belongs it shouldn't be surprising that those who seek to gain it for themselves meet horrible twisted fates and entrapment, such is the humour of Odin.

edit on Kam33180vAmerica/ChicagoMonday2131 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

You have indeed brought up interesting points, and caused me to think a little differently, which is a gift, thank you.

It would seem to me that there are Perhaps three major routes that one might take:

1) "Oneness" - where the actual truth is that you give yourself as food to a "deity" or sentient law of nature. This is a very common path, and is a form of suicide.

2) "Necromancy" - where you attempt to become your own little god. I've met many people on this path.

3) "Symbiosis" - this is the path of the Shaman.

I personally hold paths 1 and 2 in disdain.

What is your feedback on these statements?

Kev

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Well, as I've said, I don't take offense to folks thinking poorly, or differently, of any of my maybe beliefs... I mean, torture or harm is bad and I'll take a definite stand on it, but as far as delving into this liminal realm? Nothing is as it seems and all bets are off... I just put the "maybe" thought in my metaphorical mouth, taste it and usually spit it out... sometimes tuck it into my cheek and very rarely swallow.

The triangles could be effecting folks from imperfect (or due to dealing with individual consciousness, unpredictable) consciousness technology, for example, and that might be why two people experience it differently... no spirits needed, exactly.

So I don't know fer sure, likely never will, but deeply suspect some truth there, is all... as said. Either way, we're cool.

And I definitely think there is a general "control loop" going on due to some spirity shenanigans... whatever name one wants to apply to it, but some ventures out there are humans doing what humans do, so a secret tech effort exists alongside any control loops.. .perhaps because of the loops, actually.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

This is EXACTLY why I know that the "real" "UFOs" are not black project aircraft and they are not alien craft either. When two people stand right next to each other, and one sees a large, impressive, detailed, "UFO" and the other person sees nothing at all, or something completely different...

Then we have caught the Wizard of Oz with his or her pants down.. and the whole "secret" stands at least partly revealed..

it would mean (to me at least), that some or all of the "sighting" is projected into the mind, and all minds react differently..and/or there is some sort of overlaying of quantum worlds on a macro level, where the "perceiver" gets to choose which "world" they interact with.

Why the nuts and bolts religious fanatics, who want (literally) "Space Jesus" to come save them in his ships can't see simple facts amazes me.

Kev

That's not true, I was on a mountain with a friend when I saw mine. We both saw the same thing, nuts and bolts.
Definitely a ship not a living being.
And I am my own space jesus(se).

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

Ooooo, you're good... love the angle your mind moves in, which is an old angle, yet a wise one. Spending time with the Old Gods must have it's cognitive benefits... or you've been digested, heh.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

That graphic of the fish and tuning fork, and what could look like a gate between worlds, might send some folks sure megalithic circles were teleportation gateways over the edge...

but either way, that's some impressive stone carving.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Symbiosis isn't an appropriate term because it relates to two biological species, but as far as Shamanism goes that was represented by Osin in Nordic tradition and the correct attitude was recognition, sacrifice, and invocation of Odin, to act as a conduit of that spiritual force, the problem for Hinduism/Buddhism was that they had rejected all Asura Deities hence the fatalistic path to nowhere.

Necromancy was also an aspect of the cult of Odin in terms of the relationship to all levels of existence, shamanism involved itself with the cult of the ancestors and maintaining spiritual contact, you may be referring to the corrupted practise of trying to obtain secrets from the dead in order to further personal agenda but that's just silliness.

Oneness is interesting, it was more often the case that people were understood to eat the Deity associated with nature in order to achieve common substance, Catholics don't expect to be eaten by Jesus but rather the other way around, the Nordic representation of this was Freyr, this can also relate to ancestral cults in terms of biological transmission.

There are many more facets to religion than these three of course, i don't see any basis for cynicism in terms of the general principles, malappropriation can be an issue...

a reply to: Baddogma

You're thinking this is the Order of Nine Angles doctrine, which it certainly isn't, but they did do a great reconstruct of the nine level initiation tradition from Greek hermetic thought and the alchemical tradition, so they got the super structure correct but failed when it came to filling in what it was supposed to be all about, which isn't Nazi's conquering the Universe, even in the name of Odin...
edit on Kpm33180vAmerica/ChicagoMonday2131 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The few things (ufos) I've seen sure seemed to be tech objects, too (no bbt's for me, small diamonds, lights way up in the sky doing "impossible" maneuvers, and large cylinders hanging still in windy skies- but I know folks who've seen the triangles) but how can one know if spirits can present themselves however they want?

But astr0's "work" (if you are unaware, check his threads or the thread I did on BBTs for a look) sure made a whole lot of sense of fringe stuff I've heard my whole life... and that, coupled with the input from previously carefully scrupulous sources sticking up for his assertions certainly made me look more closely at it.

But I get KPB's skepticism... I just don't entirely share it...in this one case, anyway.

edit on 3/21/2016 by Baddogma because: it to I

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Sometimes both people have the same thing inserted into their minds.

If you are space jesus, care to make me some wine?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Exactly

If you combine that with what kantzveldt says below...
Ouchies..

Remember how I said I went to hell and back ..almost literally.. ?
And your "wizard of oz" makes demons look like kitties. I keep using that word demon but I don't personally like it. Sounds Christian and I'm not.

Funny around the time I was doing precisely what kantzveldt just said. I kept talking about the 9. I compared Odin and Thor with Egyptian gods and Greek gods compared them with the roman names Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune... Hence why I was excited to watch "Jupiter rising"

Someone once said to me "if you want to become the head instead if the tail great powers and evil alters will come against you."

Eminem's "rap god" is an interesting song.

So yea without saying what happened to me you guys put it on the page in order haha. That's almost too perfect.

I feel ok posting this.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

It would be a boring world if we were all the same.

Kev

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

if you want to become the head instead if the tail great powers and evil alters will come against you."

Yeah, and sometimes they screw with you even if you've attempted to be less than the droppings left by the tail... so-to-speak.

I'd really love to know why we sometimes get the attention of those seemingly nasty critters ('cause I, too, dislike the baggage attached to "demon")... I read most of the theories, and nothing makes much sense to this puzzled proto-god or neo-ape.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

No kidding.. .thus why we fear the Borg, or Stalinism, or suburbia.

edit on 3/21/2016 by Baddogma because: Stalinist burea for propoganda called and made me edit for accuracy

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

No kidding.. .thus why we fear the Borg, or Stalinism, or suburbia.

Its also why people fear "enlightenment" and do anything possible not to achieve it.

Kev

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Space imps for the win!

I've read varying sources of shamanic material which claim that "all" shaman know about these critters. (Eventually I will track down quotes).

Even the semi fraud Carlos Castenada wrote about them.

I myself truly believe that these little frog lizard bird's fly through the netherworld (that's for Kantz) popping into normal space whenever they can, causing endless mischief.

I truly believe they were the first biological species in our universe, now they are semi-ascended so to speak.

I know it sounds a bit mad.

But tough.

Kev

edit on 21-3-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Funny you mention demons and this pops up..
www.abovetopsecret.com...
A thread about demons haha.

"
Ancient Egyptian 'demons' conference
"
My personal feelings in the matter are that they just take the opportunity whenever the time is right. And if they have any more purpose or motive than that I am tempted to say they are gate keepers.. Stumbling blocks.. Sifters.. Just in the case the more I go down "the path" the more I run into and the crazier it all gets. But another feeling I have is they hate hate hate humans and want to see you suffer/die for why ?? I dunno.. Those two ideas are not mutually exclusive..

It's a broad term too. The things I've experienced could be a million different things..

edit on 21-3-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I would just like to mention that your first point does not cover pure traditional buddhist point of view. And this view is therefore missing in your list. That is why, for me buddhisem is a bit unique among religions, as they have different final understanding and go step further than "All is One"...

for anyone interested into knowing more, here is the video from the song of Milarepa and the stages of development. And there are many text and old sutras in mahayana or other traditional buddhist schools describing "suchness" as is sometimes labelled as true nature of "the mind".

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

I understand your point.

If one did it right in Buddhism they might avoid being consumed.

However if there is ANY God concept or soul concept whatsoever then the soul would be consumed like any other monist.

Its the difference between Theravada and Maha Buddhism as far as I know..not that I'm an expert on Buddhism.

<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join