It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 128
<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I get everything you said.

Thank you and I will reply to you later. You made some good points. This particular person pretends to know but says nothing. My responses full if question marks but all he says us his iq is over 90. Nothing of substance ,,

People who act like they know on ats do not know anything. But some philosophy they have gives them the need to convert others into whatever they think normal is.

God taught me I'm an azhole and if I don't judge myself like that I have no business judging others. Mmmmm maybe talk to god more guys?? Lol anyway

I love you.

Yes you.

I love you.

reply to: johnb

edit on 19-3-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
The all seeing eye is waiting for you if you get it. "MaKe your spine straight for t
he lord"
33vertabrae... Caduceus... a reply to: Reverbs

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

There might be something in that, the principle is the same that they emerge through the water supply as it were from little portals, the Dogu of the watery abyss or the Apkallu of the Abzu, so they could be the little piggies that regulate the cosmic water supply from the Dark rift.

There's no doubt that at one time, at least in Japan, they were seen as very desirable household guardians and in Mesopotamia Apkallu figurines were placed as building foundation deposits for protection, rather like the elves and the shoemaker useful characters to have around the place.

Perhaps we should form an alliance with them or something, hold a joint conference, though there'd be severe temporal and spatial anomalies involved.

a reply to: zazzafrazz

No there's no need for that, it's not like we're talking humans or the seriously scary...
edit on Kam33178vAmerica/ChicagoSaturday1931 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
Ahh, I see. The definition of psychosis was written because you believe that I am ignorant.

No because you were demonstrating an ignorance of psychosis that it was important to me to clarify. I had asked you questions, which you ignored, and instead you apologised and then stated, incorrectly, that psychosis was a serious mental disorder, and while it certainly can be, that is not what psychosis in of itself is, or can be. I assumed that you did not understand this because your responses had so far indicated, repeatedly such a lack of understanding.

That's fine...it's an assumption that you've made. However, my experiences have proven that assumptions are rarely correct and can be dangerous when blindly accepted and then turned into beliefs.

Indeed they can, which is why I felt it necessary to clarify that your assumptions about psychosis were misleading.

Now because of your assumption, you've come to the conclusion (belief) that I am uneducated in regards to the topic of mental health.

I can only go by the information that you have posted. If you would like to correct my misunderstanding then please feel free to demonstrate your understanding.

MY assumption is that you are not understanding some of the tongue-in-cheek humour displayed here on occasion by members; after reading a lot of their material (from here and blogs)...I've come to the conclusion (belief) that they are extremely intelligent and (in my opinion) sane.

I do not understand the point you are making, some of the most brilliant and beautiful minds in the history of humanity have "suffered" from regular bouts of psychosis. Our greatest works of art and literature, innovations and inventions, have come from men and women in the throes of psychosis. If you believe that intelligence in some way denotes an immunity from psychosis then you are very much mistaken.

Without wanting this to sound like a back-handed compliment...I also find you very intelligent, just judgemental. I get the impression that it's really important to you that others view you as intelligent. (At least with your vast knowledge of mental health you are no doubt already aware of your own issues.)

I am not the one making judgements. Psychosis is a descriptive that beansidlhe used to qualify how she was approaching her experience. I didn't raise psychosis, and I did not diagnose it, just suggested that she consider that the psychotic seldom considers themselves psychotic, and that there is "healthy" psychosis, and "unhealthy" psychosis, with a fine line between. Some of the nicest people I know have at some point had an psychotic episode. I don't think that there is anything wrong with exploring the nature of reality using the capabilities that we possess, it is the creative faculty. You however did, categorically, state that beansidhle did not have psychosis, and ignored my questions as to how you knew that.

I see that you favour the use of the word 'special' when referring to me, although it does appear to be a rather accusatory reference. Especially when reading this:
"You seek to have your sense of specialness reaffirmed by coming here and sharing your occasional experiences of psychosis...". (When exactly did I "label someone as mentally ill who has to endure those kind of experiences continuously."???)

You quoted scripture that implied that only some people are capable of hearing "God" and that I was not one of those people and therefore that is why I do not understand your "woo-woo" discussion. I chose the word "special" but if you would prefer "chosen" or something else, that is fine, just let me know, I am happy for everyone to apply their own labels.

You said that if someone is hearing voice that are telling them to burn things that they are mentally ill. My consideration was that perhaps it is the constant stream of voices that is making them mentally ill rather than the other way around.

Again, assuming/conclusion/belief.

Where? I have not reached any conclusions, as I stated, an otherwise healthy individual of or above the age of legal consent, is quite capable of ascertaining whether they are following debilitating thought patterns. Otherwise, Simon and Garfunkel put it better than I could...

"...All lies and jest,
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
and disregards the rest."

To each their own.

My reason for being here is clearly stated in the title of this thread.
"Baddogma's Meta Cafe - Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness"
Broken down:
Baddogma...a member I like. Polite Discussions...sounds good.
Scientific Mysticism...that will cover a lot. General Weirdness...that will cover the rest.

Yep, sadly no sign of the scientific though, but I keep following in the hope that it'll raise it's head.

To bring this to a close...your last sentence:

Aha! Finally we agree! We should definitely stop bandying around labels of mental illness and psychosis.

Yes, and perhaps start asking ourselves why "God" is telling so many people to "burn things", or like the lady who lives near me, who "God" uses to scream at the world to "get out of his house". What's going on there, do you think? Or the guy who digs in between the paving slabs at the church because he has "lost the way out"? Some psychosis is socially supported and acceptable, like hearing your dead relatives say your name, some is not. What is not acceptable and what is acceptable is very revealing about the psychoses that we all share and find comfortable, or comforting. Like Kantz's "death cult". It is comfortable and familiar because it is the cult that most of the Western world ascribes to, faith in the capacity of the centralised state to provide abundance, that it provides that abundance by conquest at the expense of others is accepted as the "norm" and necessary. Most are, like Kantz, resolved to the fact that many people will need to die so that the few can prosper and a "new" age can be brought into being. It is so deeply ingrained into our cultural psyche that few can comprehend that it is a consensual illusion based upon the principle of the "path of least resistence".

Note: If anyone is of the opinion that I'm not qualified/intelligent enough to participate in this thread and that my delusional drivel is wasting space...please let me know.
jacy

It is a public forum, and by nature, public, we're all free to come and go as we like. You, and I, can say, within the T&Cs, anything we like. Comment, invited or otherwise, on any thread, therefore your "delusional drivel" is as valid as mine or anyone else's.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Anaana,
I would like to apologize for my bitchy response to you...it's rather out of character for me.

Unfortunately real life stress is causing me to react defensively and is apparently affecting me more than I realized.
I am sorry.

jacy

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

No worries at all, happens to the best of us.

Time for feet up and a cuppa me thinks. I find fresh mint tea works wonders for the migraines.

Take care, and be well.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Thank you so much, having a cuppa right now!

At least (as a non-drinker), I don't have random 'drunken posts' to apologize for, lol. (Although then I'd have an excuse instead of having to admit I was just being a jerk.)

jacy

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl
Well, at least you were an amusing acerbic wit... and perhaps Anaana was right and the stress was making you hear things (kidding, kidding ... but it all comes back to mind, doesn't it? Where does actual end and imagined start? And when someone answers with 'with a bloody rock,' they're only sort of correct).

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Lol...you know, even when I'm angry I'm still somewhat amused, using humour...glad you noticed.

The mind.
Well...for the last 6 years I've been one of the principal caretakers of my mother-in-law (Portuguese, 89 years-old, aggressive dementia/Alzheimer's).
Her reality is 50-70 years ago, and she cannot live in the present. All rational thought is gone.
For the last 3 years I've been with her every day (usually lunch now).

I am the most patient (family member) with her, not feeling special...the others have admitted it. I know that she can't come into my world so I go into hers. It's very draining, to be honest.

There is a dark painful side to this situation, when she calls frantically all hours of the day and night...over something that isn't real/hasn't happened.

Note: Of course the phone just rang and now I need to go over there. Will end this here.
jacy

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

You've come to the party late.

The questions you ask me have been answered multiple times over, in this thread, in other threads, and on my blog. Not to mention in private IMs, in my personal email, and some ATS people have my home phone number.

Perhaps I'm having a bit of response fatigue...so I'm sorry if that is the case with you.

I am very busy right now, and I am writing a book.

Now if you think that I'm some sort of blow hard know nothing..that's fine with me. Fairs fair. I have a similar observation in many cases. It doesn't bother me in the least.

Kev

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

No there's no need for that, it's not like we're talking humans or the seriously scary...

This is true.
Humans aren't the apex critters (crocodiles are, those prehistoric jaws will take down a lion) but we are the most bizarrely violent because we are influenced by a multitude of emotional drivers and that is what makes us the scariest of all the beasties on this blue and green planet.

edit on 19-3-2016 by zazzafrazz because: sp

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
This particular person pretends to know but says nothing.

People who act like they know on ats do not know anything. But some philosophy they have gives them the need to convert others into whatever they think normal is.

yeah, a lot of folks here have noticed that but just haven't posted it publically calling him out.

oh, he thinks I don't have two brain cells to rub together. so don't feel bad about him putting down you or others that don't agree with him and the whole IQ comment.

my favorite is when the going gets rough and people criticise his views he threatens to flee from the thread and run away. I may not have two brain cells to rub together, but at least i have a pair of something else.

besides he can't be bothered with your non-sycophantic questions. he's too busy writing a book only 4 people will read.

as for your out of body experience. that's very interesting. I had one too, that I mentioned earlier in this thread but it didn't match up with the monsters from the Id narrative and got steamrolled. it's an interesting phenomena, in physics terms what do you think is responsible for it? holographic universe? bare-charge dirac qed like coupling of brainwaves or something? there's gotta be a rational answer the phenomena.
edit on 19-3-2016 by BASSPLYR because: I spell bad turns out I don't know everything. who knew!

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Well, I have to tread carefully as I don't want to trod on any beloved toesies or say someone is dead wrong when nobody has the answer ... and I am a firm believer that every voice adds something, but my own experiences partly negate a whole lot of what Kev affirms as his truth... I think LG is on that page as well, heh...

but as far as some invisible critters using humans and perhaps even making homes in our systems? I think he's onto something.. . something others have gleaned, too... heck, the unseen is interested in us for some reason, and soul collection games just seems dumb.

But as far as our intelligence being somehow able to detach from the physical, effect the physical and/ or go on after physical death? All signs point to yes for me, and that counters his assertions...

Just because I (and many here) like the man doesn't mean there isn't room for everyone who wants to be here... or room for spirited discussion (heh)!

I also certainly get the view mankind isn't as important as he thinks he is and we aren't hand-held through all the crappy experiences in life by some micro-manager sporting facial hair and a robe ... though I have certainly had some unseen something watching out for me on occasion, though I expect that will end with some horrid terminal diagnosis and a dismal expiration as some point, as we all have a little magical thinking going on as sentient critters knowing we will end sometime... we have to think irrationally ,or at least employ denial, to exist... as everyone sure seems to die!

And as far as OBE and a rational explanation for that, as well as esp, ghosties, goblins and all the rest, yes! Most assuredly there is an operating system here that can, and is being gradually, figured out.

I think Bohm has the best chance of being on the money as his views check off so many boxes of weird... so "holographic universe" or his version of that as this place being extruded as a whole singular something from someplace else just makes sense of spooky action at a distance... so that's my own pick of the choices, though I'm ignorant about bare-charge dirac (well, heard of dirac, but heard of doesn't equate to "understands").

And I also think the secret spaceguys as actual humans using actual tech is a truth, too... I woke up, again, with conversations with them fading from my mind, but it doesn't mean I can't appreciate the other stuff, too.

Room for all.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
"I've talked about things in the past so I won't answer."

Lol

It's funny that's actually an excuse I've never heard before. And ats people have his phone number as well? That explains his thoughts in kundalini perfectly!!

Haha but yea I assumed his iq comment was directed at nothing in general. A wasted sentence.

I've been nothing but nice.

He has wasted every word he's written down to me. Why even post to say you won't post. I already hinted that I'm going back through the thread.. But I don't need anyone telling me they know all the answers lol. That's so 1995.

I'm on my phone (hence spelling errors) let me edit to get to the rest of your post.

Ok so I mentioned maybe not in this thread that there are maybe 11-14 dimensions depending who you ask. Space not being the "highest" dimension. Time/space could be imagined as looking like a point of light or gateway out of eternity. But not to confuse anyone dimensions are not separate worlds they all exist at once as descriptors. You are this tall this wide this depth at this time that's 4 so then we need at least 7 more descriptors. Consciousness is not the highest but I'd describe it as a dimension..

So in short I think spooky action at a distance works because space and time only work on 3d. So you have a body that must move through space. But say some part of you has no mass. Enlightened.. Eternity no matter when you got there would be the same time everyone gets there lol. Eventhough I don't want to separate this into spirit world and 3d world as they should be the same.. I'll just say it for ease the spirit world is above time/space

Simple example.. Imagine the past.. Mind is an organization over time. Not to mention my psychic experiences..

I don't know if that explained anything or not but anyone stuck thinking in 3d/4d terms will not understand me and isn't following current physics. On some level we are already everywhere at once. I think that's why entanglement works. And I think there are different levels to this "spirit".. First level "up" (3d term cause we think in 3d all our language) is OBE. Next level is maybe OBE not located in time or space. Like sheaths of an onion more descriptors come off and at some level ego is bye bye cause we are all I and there is no distance or time or anything not faces or anything outside of yourself as everything that is.

These are just my ideas based on my own experiences almost entirely. Don't take my word for it hahaha.

a reply to: BASSPLYR

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

...but as far as some invisible critters using humans and perhaps even making homes in our systems? I think he's onto something...

But that's just all derivative of Neoplatonism. Why does it keep getting "discovered" over and over again? What are human beings trying to accommodate by keeping the stories developed out of Neoplatonism alive and thriving?

?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
How do people explain dreaming except as a projection of consciousness from a 4d time/space (body) into a simulated reality? Thats a projection. Maybe not call it astral call it mental projection.
I think the two are analogous.

Oh and the stuff I'm scared to bring up... I see it being slightly mentioned on this page.
I think it's best I shut the bleep up.
Something protected me... Maybe it was me?
reply to: BASSPLYR

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

If folks didn't rediscover ideas, then we'd all realize it's all been said, done and dissected to component quarks and strings and retire to playing ego games ... er, scratch that as most of us have already done that, too.

But as far as doing it all, the darned Greeks only left us with the sub atoms and mega galaxies to discover, heh.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Okay, man.

P.S. No speculation at all as to why we have been stuck-on-Plotinus for 1600 or so years? I've found thinking down that road to be very useful when it comes to dismantling horse#.

If folks didn't rediscover ideas,

Don't "rediscover", ride the wave that's already been created.

P.S.S. Oh, hey, I'm sorry; I brought up dismantling horse# in the General Chit Chat Forum.

I apologize.

Carry on.

But as far as doing it all, the darned Greeks only left us with the sub atoms and mega galaxies to discover, heh.

Okay I got it, you know the deal.

I was beginning to wonder; aren't you a professional in academia?

Sorry to pry, but geez, BD, I'm like WTF!?

edit on 19-3-2016 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

For the record, the comment about a 90 IQ was not aimed at you, and
was certainly not aimed at anyone else.

It was meant to communicate that the fact about the Universe not
having us in a privileged, protected situation was so obvious that
no great intelligence was required to notice this fact.. I was in fact
targeting my own IQ as not needing to be much to state something
so obvious.

Now are some folks upset that I do not get excited about some of
their ideas? It would seem so. And it's quite acceptable that they
are likewise not particularly interested in my personal observations.

But to have things devolve into personal attacks?

Kev

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

For the record, I've spent page after page refuting the "all is one" style thinking.

Also, I've spent page after page refuting the thinking of the past, saying that we
need to move beyond religion, "spirituality" and the faulty thinking of mysticism
and mythology.

Besides actively opposing ideas of monism, I have also actively opposed the very
popular ideas of the "demiurge" and such, though granted I do discuss "the trickster"
quite a bit, both as a psychological phenomenon and potentially as something
much more intrinic.

I don't see why anyone would wish to strawman attack a large variety of different
posts by different people, stating that it is "just thus and so" old hat, which none
of it was, and then "attacking it".

There is NOTHING neoplatonic about these threads.

Kev

new topics

top topics

<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join