It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 125
<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Well thanks for having the courage to be confrontational. I'd like to see more people be confrontational.

The essence of spiritual growth is to keep yourself uncomfortable and off-balance until you stop deceiving yourself.

So the single most loving thing that you can do, if you have the permission from that person to do so is to challenge them in various ways.

For the record I get constantly challenged everywhere I go, everywhere I post.

And sure it can be a little unsettling sometimes---im human after all. But it's very valuable for me too.

So nope...not mean spirited...loving...as far as my ego...its here...it's supposed to be here...and whether it is oversized is up for discussion. Shall we discuss the status of everyones ego? If we love each other that is a good idea.

Perhaps if you find me "mean" then maybe you should find "nice people" to confirm your biases. Its what nearly everyone does.

Thanks for sharing your concern with me and the entire internet.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I never said 'you were "mean" - I pointed out that one sentence 'sounded' mean...

I do hang out with "nice people" who "confirm" my "biases" -

- I'm 'here' in this thread where I get lots of confirmation in my biased opinion that you are a good guy who has an appreciation for being told the truth rather than being 'kowtowed' to...

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Why would I be proud of reading a book. Hah...you're being funny! : )

Although I like to read straight from the horse's mouth, I mentioned in a posts how I filter the people and the books. I like to get straight from source and get right to the point. And in my opinion there are a lot of individuals who have been through this and written books, songs, sutras, scriptures of any kind... I have mentioned a few of them in my posts and it is not a secret anymore, due to internet, hah. ...Well much of such material has become public knowledge. And many more material is also from other hands like you said...but no matter...

true practitioners are natural, honest and truthful and has also written books in such a way, but with the use of metaphors or other ways...much like you are doing : )

And also I think the answer is that it is a loop, but on a different more subtle "levels". But these "levels" cannot be described or imagined (concepts) and counted in my opinion, just learning in pure awarness about non describable "self" or help other beings and "movin forward" in the void we call "reality" until Melissa and Her Lover and with them, everything we imagine and exists ... gets destroyed or absorbed back to "overworld"?

edit on 1458161445350March503503116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I need some help, I think. Twice now I've heard a woman's voice say my name really close to my ear, I look round and there's no one there. The first time, maybe a week ago, I was in my bedroom alone and it was maybe 10pm or so. The second time was today, I was at work and the only other person in the room was male.

(I have no other symptoms of psychosis, no one's pulled me aside and said 'jeezo, we need to talk. Are you ok, you maniac??' ). I'm feeling a bit creeped out but I don't really know why. Maybe it's that 'real name' thing again, I don't know.
Anyway, all advice would be welcome and hope you're all having a good evening/morning (whatever you're having
).

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Yes indeed I do.

As for "Ra" so as to not white wash over any of my flaws.

Yes, I had a phase where I was in shell shock and I took the parasite view more strongly than the symbiote view.

And to this day I still come across honest to God parasites.

So much of spirituality is a trap and a deceptive hall of mirrors.

As I've said many times, and others have mentioned...I'm still learning...and you are all part of my learning process.

Learning never ends...if one is lucky.

I can't imagine anything more horrific than "stereotypical enlightenment". Because that would mean you have stopped learning.

Thanks

Kev

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

It seems to me that everything gets absorbed back into Otherworld...every septillion years or whatever the number is...it's a very long time.

Now is it absorption or destruction?

Truthfully I cannot say. I don't know.

But once you experience soul death...it doesn't matter anymore...

Was "My soul" (that temporary thing) absorbed or destroyed for the most part?

In not sure.

But it was excess baggage for this place and time I live in...that much is obvious.

Kev

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Maybe a part of your unconscious mind wants to get your attention?

If so, sitting an hour a day alone with yourself might help. Don't meditate. Don't try to be spiritual or figure anything out...don't sing don't listen to music. No t.v.. No internet. No reading. No day dreaming.

Consider it a date with yourself.

Just sit with yourself all alone...let it all hang out.

This is called "being alone in your own funk".

Do 1 hour a day for a week.

That should do it.

Its very hard to do this...but it can be very
Powerful.

That's my advice.

FYI, I think you'll be just fine.

Kev

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Aye, maybe. Usually that sort of unconscious surfacing comes as a rush of realisation, or as a kind of bolt of awareness but I guess it might try other avenues if I'm repeating some unhelpful behaviour or thought process that should really stop and I'm blissfully unaware.

I don't know how to meditate, no day dreaming sounds almost impossible and no music for a whole hour..

I'll try though, since you took the time to offer up some advice and thanks for the vote of confidence.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

You can LAZILY (must be 100% lazily) watch yourself breathing if you want. No this is not yoga or pranayama most of which is useless unless you know the tricks behind it.

Don't try to think. Don't try not to think.

We are all so busy rushing around that we don't "sit in our own skin without trying to mind frak ourselves" hardly ever...maybe not since we were children.

When you are in that state much of the time, some people call that enlightenment. They are wrong but its almost worth naming it something. But that would turn into 2000 years of spiritual B.S. if we named it.

Kev

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I heard my grandma (passed) in my ear, clear as day. Could you understand what was said? Or was it like a mumble?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

well don't do battle, when did war help anyone on the long run...the point is in letting go ihmo : )

but your view is just fine, it is yours and that is most important.

What makes sense to you is important. Use that and grow. But don't be afraid to change everything if you learn new things which happens a lot, at least it should.

Emotions are important not thoughts. Now ... what happens when one fuels ONE thought with strong powerful emotion behind? hm...

You see...I also try to do the same thing and only that, change is growth. So my "experiment" for this life seems to be to figure this stuff out. Talk about old school huh...I want to learn "the oldest secret" and I am without a doubt that what purest people are or were teaching is the truth. Or I should say the means to the truth and I will not stop until complete and total natural absorption as some say. Well this for now makes most sense for me. But I am not expecting results soon, these things takes time. We have to make a lot of effort to be...
totally effortless haha talk about irony : )

This is a spontaneous experiance and they say that with practice it can be learned "to slip away" for good, aka. to die in a sense.

If that not happens, of course the main point is than what happens after death. At least for me. Buddhist believe that every being has equal chance of becoming a Buddha. And other "saints" from other religions has said basically the same thing in different words for what is the true nature of "death". basically, everything has to do with your truest and deepest desires.

And It seems I want to prepare for that with my life. Which is not a battle of control, but dance of love. Love for letting go, until death, one way or
"die" other. a pun, hah : )

Death is not scary at all for me, not any more. Until one is prepared mentally for that - in a sense that you can explain it to yourself without a doubt, you will not throw yourself completely into the void and guide your way with pure feelings to the complete natural absorption they say.

They say one has to be in "purest love" or insanity or blind ignorance and delusion is close by when "swimming" in the void.

And I agree, from few experiences during "absorption" during deep meditations. And they are also another control loops but they are there for some reason which gets clear after "you" get it.

everything is in the mind, in my opinion.
And love is very important, probably the most important force in life and in death in my opinion.

edit on 1458168865354March543543116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Thinking about the voice... and I reiterate that I'm glad most of my own weirdness has come without vocalizations as that would shake me up more than the usual spook repertoire, for some reason... I'm wondering if the distinction between the voice being an external entity, or yoursel, even matters, to answer my own internal dialogue, heh, and Kev's suggestion seems wise in that regard.. .

and might give an external entity the quiet time to get through, if the much believed "spiritualism-eque" view holds water.

I'm wondering how often this sort of stuff happens to you, Bean?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Yes, just like you, as clear as day. She said my name and I looked round for her. I didn't recognise her voice (I would love to hear my grandmother again!) other than she sounded normal, no real accent or not an obvious one anyway. And it was the same both times. She said it kindly though, just like she wanted me to look at her or get my attention.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Em...sometimes....sometimes lots of it and then sometimes less of it. Why are you wondering?

I'm wondering if the distinction between the voice being an external entity, or yoursel, even matters, to answer my own internal dialogue, heh, and Kev's suggestion seems wise in that regard.. . and might give an external entity the quiet time to get through, if the much believed "spiritualism-eque" view holds water.

If it was internal, externalised, and something was wrong, for example the man in the room had just spilled a cup of tea over the heater then I would rationalise that I'd caught that in my peripheral vision and it was just a simple threat response. But nothing was wrong, either time. And if it was external, then what is it (it?) up to? Checking it had the right person? So why not say something useful or say something more when it saw it did have the right person?
I'm not expecting you to have the answers, just wondering aloud really.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I'm not sure I could watch myself for an hour without laughing.

Do you remember the best state of being wee? When you got so absorbed in something that you didn't notice time anymore? You didn't even notice yourself - well, by that I mean you had no self-consciousness, obviously you were still aware you were you - you just focussed so intently on whatever it was you were doing that nothing else mattered?
Maybe we all need a bit more of that.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Wondering 'cause looking for any patterns... sun spots, dimensional doorways, food additives, cat farts.. .who knows?

Frankly, I'm of the opinion it was "external" though technically, due to our sense apparatus, all our universes are internal, but that's academic, heh.

Why they, as far as I know, never get across a phrase (or equation) that solidifies their identity as formerly human spirits, or any solid info at all, really, escapes me...

but I'm not all aboard the KPB "no human spirit" (as I imperfectly understand it) train quite yet, as sometimes the info is a succinct message that very nicely gets across info on a personal level... but it's usually a fragmentary bit of almost nonsense.. as if some portion, or shade, is all that's left.

But I have heard stories of detailed interactions between the living and allegedly dead... but all they are, so far, is stories... just thinking on my keyboard, too, heh.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Yes..

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Well, I saw my first bee today, a huge fat one but really no other patterns come to mind.

And another thing (not sure why I'm ranting about disembodied voices, but I've started now so might as well carry on), why would it need to check anything? Presumably if (a big if here) it has found me, and presumably knows what I look like and knows my name, why then say it like it needs confirmation? Has it only been given a vague description?
Why make me look at it when there's nothing to see? Is it in some other realm peeing itself laughing, like some ethereal nitwit?
Or does it not know I can't see it? Or care? And why am I demanding answers from you, now?

Time for bed, maybe.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
All really good questions... it's so odd and smacks of some "dimensional" weirdness to me, as if they are unsure themselves.

I have heard of paranormal investigations where they pick up the voice of someone who's dead, and the voice is coherent and relates how they aren't dead, actually, and perceive us as the ghosts... but the sense of time differs... but of course, not actually being there, it's hearsay.

Anyway, I guess I'm saying I'm even more confused than you and I've given it too much thought for too many years and have come up with even less than what I started with.

does that help? Heh...

nighty night... ignore the whispers in the night...

or don't.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Maybe 'it' wondered whether you could see or hear it?

You couldn't see 'it' so it spoke to check if you could hear 'it' perhaps?

If i was travelling and seemed to be invisible to everyone i might say hello to see if i could be heard

Bee's - saved a couple from the bathroom this week and last and a few more stuck in the bubble wrap in my greenhouse - all big and healthy - thinking about trying to make some sort of insect feeder (sugar water) this year.

new topics

top topics

<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join