It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 123
<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Now in my view, both spirituality in general and Kundalini in specific are parts of disinformation, a control loop and perhaps even an actual conspiracy.

Many spiritual people haven't even heard of Kundalini, but it is nearest and dearest to my heart and the greatest source of subjective proof that I have.

Now maybe a first book about the Kundalini conspiracy...and maybe a second one on the greater spirituality conspiracy?

I don't even want to mention religion much in these two books...I'm not an expert and I want to keep my head attached to my shoulders.

And perhaps a third book about what I recommend...if I'm not dead yet...hopefully I will be.

Though of course recommendations would be easily gleanable in the first two.

Let's call this post "focus group research".

Kev

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Hey ho... good late afternoon/eve to all... a couple thoughts managed to get through my dull inner static.

I'm curious about any examples of Kundalini effects that could be experienced or witnessed by an external observer... also, what are some the effects of activation? What extraordinary powers can be had?

I tie my 'hot hands healing' technique to kundalini, but was self taught and don't know anything, really, except new age wrongness regarding it, so it would be nice if you, Kev, or anyone would explain a wee bit, please?

And also Zodiac demons mentioned ... ?

eta: and meant to mention that I, still, think the books you are constructing/considering are something you definitely should spit out... for all the reasons decent info should be spread.

edit on 3/11/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

eta: and meant to mention that I, still, think the books you are constructing/considering are something you definitely should spit out... for all the reasons decent info should be spread.

Absolutely and I would also be happy to be a sounding, proof reading board for you.

P.S. I do love a good trilogy

edit on 12-3-2016 by johnb because: to add a space after the comma to show my amazing proof reading skills

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

that is great news!
I hope you will manage to publish all the books you wish to write and in your time period, without any rushing from publishers, that would be great!
I must say, it all sound very alluring for people like me who are interested in these matters.

For the first and second book I would suggest in DEPTH research into Kundalini and other spiritual matters, before you mention or write about conspiracy in the books. I mean there is a lot of different material, from almost all continents about these matters from 1000 and more years ago... good thing we have WWW - world wide web : )

And before calling something a "conspiracy" in a book I, personally, would research about it from other perspectives and see what they have in common, where do they differ and how do they come into picture with your version and experiance. And compare different systems and analyze their techniques and + and - and so on....

well I don't know, maybe you have already went through all that...But at least this is how I would approach this project after giving it some thought. I would take my sweet time behind the books, studying and contemplation and meditation.

And you may just figure out the reason why things stand as they are standing (I don't know that, but I have big imagination : ) ); maybe it may be that our brains as a virtual machine have such amazing power that it is really hard to get out of "it" and in most cases people get trapped on some level and stay there in a control loop for instance. And this control loops and levels are different, depending on which "spiritual path" one takes...

Also maybe, if you are fortunate you will discover something which could be useful for your personal further progress in these matters.

I figure, there are busy times ahead for you when you will start, and in any case, I wish you good luck!

edit on 1457789085324March243243116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I posted a bit on my blog when ATS was down last night.
I can give a more comprehensive answer another time.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Yes. Busy times.

And yes I have done most of the research already.

And yes, the different layers of us, including the different layers in our very brains, are all "control loops". Just like "writers block" which I have suffered for 50 years is part of a control loop.

Kev

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

As I'm actually going to write something, I am now doing "market research" into what sells.. not that I care about money (I have a day job and a home business already, and my wife will work as a nurse in a few years).. but I am interested in having readers, so I don't want to scare them away.

Now of course I know, the way to get people to buy a book about "Kundalini" is these two words "easy enlightenment".

Now those two words don't belong in a sentence together. And the word enlightenment barely applies to humans at all, except it does apply to "knowing your true self". Yes, I do know my true self.. but it's not "necessarily full of unicorn farts".

That's what these books do.. they lie liberally.. promising eternal ecstasy, private universes to be god over, etc.

Even Gopi Krisha did something similar.

(sorry Gopi, you were wrong about some things).

So I found one of the most popular books and bought it.. I'm reading it now.

It's a mass of 5 star reviews:

Enlightenment Through the Path of Kundalini: A Guide to a Positive Spiritual Awakening and Overcoming Kundalini Syndrome

While reading it, my stomach keeps trying to upchuck into my throat.

I'm not exaggerating.

I have been concerned that I don't know maybe 20% that I should really know before writing..

but then i read a book like that.. and she doesn't know even 20% in total. Heck, Maybe none
at all to be honest. (haven't finished reading it yet).

Now, if I go with an honest title, like:

"The Kundalini Conspiracy" I don't know if anyone will want to read it.. as it won't lie
and promise personal godhood with Universes of naked lovers to play with like other
books.

Now it's not ALL conspiracy.. but i'd like to weed the BS out first.

These things are what I'm pondering at present.

Comments?

Kev

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Good luck with your book!

Quick question: what does a unicorn fart smell like?

Seriously, good luck with your book(s).

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

Sweet.. rather like peppermint.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Pretty much any credible sounding "self help" book will sell gobs of copies. The "self help" genre is one of the hottest right now.

People seem to think that buying the right book will bring them happiness.

I don't know about you ... but the people I've seen that have bookshelves full of self-help books don't seem any happier or closer to attaining any sense of "enlightenment" than anyone else. The only thing they've gained is a lighter wallet...

But then again, I suppose you could read the most profound book ever...but if you just passivley read it and didn't apply anything in it...it too would be a waste of money. It takes more than just reading the words on the pages.

It seems people think, "OK I bought this book...I read it...and nothing's different! This book sucks!"

People...lol We're a lovely lot, aren't we?

EDIT: Free tip for your research into "what people want" -- People love to be flattered and made to feel special. So, if you can somehow play that up you'll score lots of points with readers. Readers also like to feel like they're privy to some kind of "insider's secret" that they understand only because they're oh-so-smart. You might have to subtly guide them from dot to dot, but do it in a way that feels organic and intrinsic to the reader. They'll walk away feeling proud that they figured something out...when in reality you basically hand-fed it to them.

I'm just full of wonderful ideas.... lol
edit on 13-3-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Well you are correct.

That whole "insiders thing" happens a lot here on ATS...even in this thread..and in various forums, and especially in the aircraft forum.

It's a known strategy, that you must flatter the student, so that you may hypnotize them into being willing to learn, which is against their true Nature. Their true Nature being to build their ego while pretending to themselves not to have one, or at least not a problem with theirs. This is for spiritual students in particular.

For the most part I do not do those things...as I am not a teacher.

Really the art of being a spiritual teacher is the art of deception.

Kev

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

EDIT: Free tip for your research into "what people want" -- People love to be flattered and made to feel special. So, if you can somehow play that up you'll score lots of points with readers. Readers also like to feel like they're privy to some kind of "insider's secret" that they understand only because they're oh-so-smart. You might have to subtly guide them from dot to dot, but do it in a way that feels organic and intrinsic to the reader. They'll walk away feeling proud that they figured something out...when in reality you basically hand-fed it to them.

Hey Mystik!
Wouldn't it be great though, if Kev could write a book that wasn't for the crowd you talk about? (I know, I know...the self-help addicts are the ones spending the $$ on books...)

I just think that perhaps a book that wasn't for the audience that needs to be 'hand-fed'...would be more...authentic?

I've worked in sales (sucked at it)...but you're correct, flattery works every time. Kev should write a book for those of us who aren't plastic/pretend people who need constant ego stroking. Broke as I am, I would buy it.

jacy

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Broke as you are, your price would be free, even if I sell it for money, which
is yet to be decided.

You can rest assured, that I won't use any deceptive tactics.. in fact I'd write
a chapter about such deceptive tactics in such books.

If I don't sell a single copy.. that's fine.. at some point I'd make it free.. as for
an amazon 'createspace' book, which is all that I'm going to do, at least for the
first one, i can set the price from 0 to anything I want.

Kev

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I posted on my blog about "spirits and smoke / light"; thought you might like to read it.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

I posted on my blog about "spirits and smoke / light"; thought you might like to read it.

If you mean 'me'...I do!! (I've been reading your blog...religiously....rofl...sorry)

Got to pop out and feed the mama-in-law lunch, so I will check it out when I get back.

*does little happy dance cuz she's getting a free autographed copy of Kev's book*

jacy

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
You can't really learn jack from a book. Only surface stuff.
It is experience that moulds someone, not words on a page.

But I wish you luck, whatever your desired outcome is for wanting to write it.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
You can't really learn jack from a book. Only surface stuff.
It is experience that moulds someone, not words on a page.
But I wish you luck, whatever your desired outcome is for wanting to write it.

Thank you.

A lot of people need to feel that they have "permission" to be themselves.. to go
on a journey.. to stretch their limits. My goal is to blast all the bull # out of
the way, so that whomever is attracted to what I write, will be given a little shot
in the arm that might help them.

I won't just feed them my personal BS.. i'm gong to try to teach them to think
a little. And tell them that they are loved.. if they try to think for themselves.

Kev

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

Sweet.. rather like peppermint.

Brahahahaha!!! Don't like peppermint but love the sense of humor.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I just had this flash of you (or my construct of "you" which involves a middle aged professor type with pocket protector and a full plain Injun eagle father headdress) on an afternoon talk show, telling the strident soccer mommy audience that their churches were toxic, no silly souls exist and that the only reason we might pull out of the environmental death spiral is that our plasma overlords might need us as incubators...

queue silence and the best Youtube clip E V E R.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

I just had this flash of you (or my construct of "you" which involves a middle aged professor type with pocket protector and a full plain Injun eagle father headdress) on an afternoon talk show, telling the strident soccer mommy audience that their churches were toxic, no silly souls exist and that the only reason we might pull out of the environmental death spiral is that our plasma overlords might need us as incubators...

queue silence and the best Youtube clip E V E R.

You'll see Jesus coming back, riding Mohamed's winged horse, waving the sword
of the 5th Buddha on the Nancy Grace show, before you see anything like that!

Kev

new topics

top topics

<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join