It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 122
<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Yes, you'll just have to write it now or else you'll end up being cross you never got round to it. If your wife/jacy twins fail to nag you about the book, I'll be happy to step in (different time-zones, we can agree shifts) every now and then.

Yup. I'm doomed now.

However if you guys ever read it, it will be missing half of what I've written here, as I will need to pretend to be respectable and scholarly, at least a little.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I'll definitely be reading it, but you'll have to give us all a clue somehow so we know it's yours. Don't make it too respectable and scholarly or I won't understand it.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Heck I might even start a *cough* collaborative resource where people can yell at me about my writing mistakes...those people would get a free autographed copy (autographed with my fake name).

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

A free, signed book just for being a yelling grammar Nazi? Count me in.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
KellyPrettyBear :
is the spiritual mechanism build in us maybe related with water fasting?

for me fasting is the fastest way to clean and purify all the garbage in mind and body. So fasting helps me a lot with meditations and I do it when I want to try something, so I can get best results...so this was the first thing that was in my mind when you mentioned it in some post....

or maybe it has something to do with sexual "energy"?

any hints ?

: )

edit on 1457696865347March473473116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity
KellyPrettyBear :
is the spiritual mechanism build in us maybe related with water fasting?

for me fasting is the fastest way to clean and purify all the garbage in mind and body. So fasting helps me a lot with meditations and I do it when I want to try something, so I can get best results...so this was the first thing that was in my mind when you mentioned it in some post....

or maybe it has something to do with sexual "energy"?

any hints ?

: )

if you read that website, you'd know all the half-way accurate traditional knowledge,
and then you could impress others and semi-sorta fake it, and you might get lucky
and it would work.

You could listen to me, but then the entire would disagree with you.

I won't tell you how to awaken it right now, but if it WERE to awaken in you,
you'd be very fortunate if you didn't use ANY of your sexual energy for
anything but surviving the experience.

Sexual energy is like a sheath that envelopes Kundalini when it travels to
the brain. If you don't have enough, you will suffer at least temporary brain
damage.

People want to play with Kundalini because of the legends, but it is not
a toy.

Kev

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

aha, I did add that website to bookmarks, It seems very good and thanks for posting it!
It will take some time to absorb it all, it is a big site after all : )

Also I am not interested at the slightest into impressing people. But I would like to help them and other beings in any way possible if I will get beneficial "wisdom and science" out of my practices. That is my only motivation.

And I still have a long way to go, even if I read a lot, but that is worth nothing at the end. Everything I write or say is a wasted effort in some way...if the recipient does not get that in my opinion.

But as far as "awakening" goes, I think there was a few times, that I have felt rising "bolt" as you called it and it ended up going all the way to the heart chakra during deep meditation, and there it stayed and it never got till the end for now, like you managed to achive.... well at least this sounds very similar to some other descriptions about how the rising in sushumna feels...But I don't care about it, so when it comes, I just try to "love" it and "enjoy" the moment with it, it may be tough love sometimes, like shaking or strong "vibrations" all over the body but only during meditation. But every love is like that sometimes : )

As far as sexual energy goes, I will just have to become celibate all the time and not just for a week or a few days but until I get perfectly natural and comfortable with it. That seems the only straight way for me...it just a matter of will.

But ... On one side I must dissolve all of it and on the other side it must be firm like a rock.

Ballance.
edit on 1457707908351March513513116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Celibacy is not actually required, nor advisable I would say.

Just regulate that part of your life in a reasonable manner like any other hunger or need.

A lot of folks will tell you, from the Tantra and some Yoga schools, that sex with a partner
you love is fine--within moderation; but masturbation is a problem.

(masturbation is always such a hot topic! makes you go blind ya know).

But in this case, for whatever reason, having sex with the person you love, and who
loves you, does indeed "fill the cup" so it is not harmful in moderation, harmful
as in not impeding this sort of spiritual "progress".

But masturbation does not "fill the cup" in the same way. A lot of people say that a
mutual energy transfer is good.. while just um.. "whizzing it away into the environment
will just leave one drained.

It's amazing what one must discuss on ATS sometimes.

Kev

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

well I see it as an issue with "dirty" sexual desire, like lust for instance.

How one gets around to burn it or transform it into "pure" is what is important.

I am single, so celibacy will have to do to learn that : )
edit on 1457709065311March113113116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear & UniFinity

I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing. If you have a moment of "self-love" caressing the vessel... it can be more than just wasting energy, even if you're alone.
And sometimes even important to keep the balance.
You fast to get the old poison out of the system while carrying "spoiled eggs"?

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

It's the mind which makes things "clean or dirty".

But definitely---the sex drive can get one into
Trouble easily enough.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Lol.

Supposedly in advanced Kundalini both "bindus" (sexual products) are "transformed"--- but I find
That partial B.S..

I'm not talking about a general case here...I was discussing a requirement for those under the thrall of a specific type of yoga.

Kev

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

exactly, that is why I mentioned lust.

It is egotistical. selfish.

Now "pure lust" would be, what you described in the post about sexing with the one you feel deeply in love. Giving pleasure to other, expecting nothing in return...

this line is for Peeple:
you can't "do" that if you are going solo : ))
edit on 1457713099318March183183116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Well actually in Tantra a lot of men experiment with "retention while worshipping the goddess".

Now if that's not an indirect way of referencing "spanking the screech owl" I don't know what is.

Kev

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

For anyone who is interested in my writing project;

I'm going to "Write about the controversy itself", not insist that my particular interpretation is absolutely correct.

But I'm going to "lovingly" shred spiritual ignorance, including my own.

I'm currently undecided how much I will go into the down and dirty of Kundalini, as not only will a few billion people with no sense of humor loathe me, but various hindus, buddhists, yoga folks, and every living new ager. And especially my old comrades.

But there IS a controversy...(conspiracy) so it seems fair game to me...and quite necessary. Past due really.

Kev

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

haha lol

I also tried that a few times and it causes only more desires, so it is of no use for me...I want to get rid of all "bad" desires not increase them.
I think such practice is not beneficial on the long run, becouse it will only end in more (hidden, bottled) perversity in most cases than not.

Getting to transform lust into pure desire while enjoying yourself is like walking on so thin ice that if you fart, you sink, imo : )

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

*Opens thread, starts reading.*

encounters, "spanking the screech owl" and " if you fart, you sink"
and

*quickly runs out of thread slamming door*

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

However Tantra does have a good use for a period of time. But I wouldn't recommend most of it.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

and

I badly wanted to make certain people laugh ferret wench.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

originally posted by: jacygirl

and

I badly wanted to make certain people laugh ferret wench.

Well I don't know about "certain people", but this wench laughed her ass off!

top topics

<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join