It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 124
<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I just had this flash of you (or my construct of "you" which involves a middle aged professor type with pocket protector and a full plain Injun eagle father headdress) on an afternoon talk show..."

Pfffft! You picture him like THAT?

I picture him more like this,
"...riding Mohamed's winged horse, waving the sword of the 5th Buddha..."

Okay, maybe not...but definitely MUCH cooler than a pocket protector.

jacy

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Meh, pocket protectors are the new leather jacket of cool.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: Baddogma

.. but I am interested in having readers, so I don't want to scare them away.

Now of course I know, the way to get people to buy a book about "Kundalini" is these two words "easy enlightenment".

That's what these books do.. they lie liberally.. promising eternal ecstasy, private universes to be god over, etc.

Now, if I go with an honest title, like:

"The Kundalini Conspiracy" I don't know if anyone will want to read it.. as it won't lie
and promise personal godhood with Universes of naked lovers to play with like other
books.

Now it's not ALL conspiracy.. but i'd like to weed the BS out first.

These things are what I'm pondering at present.

Comments?

Kev

"The Truth about Kundalini" perhaps with some sort of qualifier like "in my experience" or "gathered over a lifetimes experience"

"I don't lie and promise personal godhood with Universes of naked lovers to play with, like other books."

would be a good strap line too

"Kundalini - It's not about eternal ecstasy and having private universes to be a god over"

"Kundalini - Now it's not ALL conspiracy.. but i'd like to weed out the BS first"

Hope that sparks an idea or ten

edit on 13-3-2016 by johnb because: format

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

"Kundalini - Now it's not ALL conspiracy.. but i'd like to weed out the BS first"

Who wouldn't want to read that? Priceless.

"blast(ing) all the bull # out of the way, "

In all seriousness though,I can't wait for this book, it sounds excellent.

a reply to: baddog

(A) What's a zodiac demon and (B) how do you make your hands hot? Is it intentional or are you just...hot?

edit on 13-3-2016 by beansidhe because: zodiac demons

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Just a few words.

I've noticed that the people who chase "spirituality" are those who are more broken than most. It's rather like people who choose the career field of psychology. Anyone who is a psychologist is probably "self-medicating" and is the last person you should be around.

The same is true of spirituality.

Now mind you, some people chase spirituality, (or psychology) and find some healing.

Spirituality is in fact like drinking poison; if it doesn't kill you, it might make you stronger.

Or it just might kill you.

I was watching Netflix "House of Cards" last night with my wife. In it, the main character says,
"If you don't like how the table is set... reset it".

That is the very nature of "spirituality".

Now of course, some folks like the Zen practitioners, advaitists (nondualists), etc. play
the game of ensuring that they like the table just as it is..

which is still a way to reset the table (those grapes are NOT sour! those grapes are NOT sour!).

I'm finding that I do not wish to push "my stuff" on anyone.

I'm finding that I do not wish to be all positive.

I'm finding that I do not wish to be all negative. (though it may seem that way).

Do i think that much of spirituality is a conspiracy? Yes.. but i won't harp on that excessively.

I don't want to tell people what to do, or what not to do.. for the most part.. but i do want
to advise them, so that perhaps they won't be as bone-headed as I was.

So I'm learning towards naming the book,

"Surviving Spiritual Experience".

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe
I have no idea what a Zodiac Demon is... rather I could guess, but Kev brought them up several pages ago, first.

And when I tried to heal via massage my hands would heat up past what seemed like any blood temp, and I had heard it tied to kundalini or yoga at one point, that's all.

And hotness is subjective, but I've slept with myself for half a century, so I must be okay...

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Once again, you are a font for "good ideas." I like the title.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Heat is generally associated with healing powers in most faith systems as far as I can see.

I wonder if there is a corresponding cold energy and assuming there must be, would it be harmful or just for different use?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

I posted on my blog about "spirits and smoke / light"; thought you might like to read it.

Hey,
I'm still recovering from a migraine (so can't read/write for too long).

I did read your blog article (above), and I do have a lot of questions and pics. It will take me a while to put it altogether, but I really would love to hear your/everybody's opinions or similar experiences.
Will be back later.
jacy

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I was going to star your post as my usual place holder, then thought "why am I starring Jacey's migraine?"

That extra thought produced a budding headache due to straining what remains of my neurology... and folks bothering to read this post will get the tightness in their temples that comes from the dawning realization of time wasted.

So, as I see it, you are patient zero of a headachey outbreak that will butterfly-effectively end us all.

Gee ... thanks.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

And yeah, all the new-agey "literature" equates that heat with "bio-energy" ... and as heat is a product of energy, it's at least half-right.

If I could lower my environment to absolute zero, it likely wouldn't have the same healing effects (but would be pretty spectacular ... and 'cool')... but I have no real proof the "hot hands" heal anything... other than anecdotal testimony, that is.

Heck, I'm not even sure the hands were above 99 degrees, though people have said they could feel the heat from a couple feet away, and wonder if a thermometer would even register the effect (meaning I wonder if it is conventional convective heat)? I would attempt a scientific inquiry ...if I weren't so darned lazy.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Well it relaxes tension, the heat. Sounds like you're a handy boyfriend during crampy times.
And the least it speaks for a good blood circulation.
I am pretty sure it's easy to measure, one thermometer in the mouth, one in each hand.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I have no doubts that you are easily the hottest thing in Arizona but ....being slightly neurotic about those I'm fond of, hot hands can be a symptom of hypothyroidism so might also be worth bearing in mind. You would need other symptoms too, obviously, but just thought I'd mention it.

Ok, neurosis has been sated, thanks for that.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I would like to just express gratitude to all members who have contributed in one way or another. This was really a good experiance for me, to talk and mess around like we did here, in a relaxed manner, sometimes it felt a bit like I was with real friends over a cup of coffee. And that rarely happens on the ats from my experiance so I really appreciate I had the chance to exchange opinions and talk with all of you in such a way.

Thanks a lot!

Also I would like to give you a video that I have seen yesterday and for me this is what it is all about in a nutshell. What we were talking about on this thread many times. What many religions talk about when they say "enlightenment". What all man and woman (or for me true "saints", yogis, sufis, rishis, sages,... ) who devoted to "Self knowledge" and meditation talk about, from all religions or from different time period.

They have all one thing in common.

Transition from "duality" to "non-duality" and for me this seems like the thin red line connecting everything. Religions, spirituality, philosophy... through time ...and for me it is universal thing, true for aliens, gods and even bigfoot and probably almost every other critter out there : )

For anyone into meditation, spirituality and real nature of reality I would suggest to start reading ANY materials connected with this principle. And they are available in all true religions, spirituality or philosophical systems.

If this is the truth, than we will meet sooner or later in the same place.
So I will meet you there : )

imho.
edit on 1458120226323March233233116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Both "duality" and "non-duality" are control loops.

I'd love for someone to be answer what I mean by that.

It's not hard.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

well from what I get it, nonduality is control loop as long as it is thought about or conceptualized or even experienced.

if it is thought about or if there is even experiance AND experiencer it is still duality.

So all talk and everything else about non duality is in vain. And I think that this is the control loop if I would have to put it like that?

Talk. Thought.

: )

But maybe you mean something different?

Also, there are two basic misconceptions in my opinion:
- there is only nonduality "in reality", without any effort at ALL. All else is ignorance, doubt and confusion.
- when true "nonduality" downs and than stays I think this is only true beginning of developing as a "yidam" or "deity". That is why "enlightenment" is in my opinion very misunderstood. As some kind of end. Well it is an end, but only to ALL kind of ignorance.

Also, I can be totally wrong about that...will see. But at least this is small bit about how I interpret the teachings I received through books.

edit on 1458143059344March443443116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Indeed. I see you get the first half well.

Now...could nonduality itself (behind all concepts) also be a control loop / trap?

As far as the old books....are you proud that you read 10th hand information and repeat some of it as if it had value?

Kev

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Let's discuss spiritual growth and the control loop.

It's my observation that most everyone resists change..as change feels like death.

Now the very essence of "spiritual growth" is to exceed ones boundaries.

So what people tend to do, is to wrap themselves up in the words of old dead dudes, and if those words are written in an obscure language, then even better.

Then a person can pretend that they are being spiritual, while being 100% insulated from being forced to actually grow up.

Most of the world seems to do this.

Its no wonder we are stuck in a terminal, self-imposed control loop, which leads to planetary destruction.

Kev

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Oh that's sweet! Coffe-table-talk.

So from my end and as you might have noticed, I have a bit of a weird angle on all the spiritual stuff, I always felt like the non-duality thing is a big lie. Impossible to achieve, or I always understood it wrong?
You can have a connection to everything, a mental one, not via internet or such, but a felt and lived oneness with all living beings, but there remains this big strong wall of individuality. As no two horses, dogs, cats, rats are exactly alike it is just purely impossible to be more than one drop in a vast ocean. Sure from a few steps back it looks like one ocean, but the drop stays the drop.

The true duality conflict is the fight in us humans, imho, the spiritual mind vs. the animal like instinct. But that's maybe more a taste thing? I prefer the mind. That's why I constantly battle the lower instincts with fasting and meditation and being vegan and all that. The animal wants to kill and grill the pigeon, but the spirit has a nice conversation with it instead

edit on 16-3-2016 by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Kev, are you proud of the last sentence in that post, which is just plain mean spirited sounding?

From my perspective the "value" of "information" is subjective...

...a person can learn a great deal even from reading information which they totally disagree with - in fact, sometimes it is in the process of reading such info and then contemplating the 'whys and wherefores' of disagreement that one can stumble upon amazing insights.

And why should "10th hand information" have any less value than first hand info that comes out of any given person's head?

How do you really know you can trust your 'sources'? I know at one time you told me you'd gotten info from an "entity" named "Ra", and I have seen your 'beliefs' change and morph a bit over your ATS posting history, so how do you know for certain that everything you believe as of this moment is the absolute 'end-all' of truth?

I truly don't mean to be antagonistic here - I just think, if you look at yourself honestly, you'll see that your ego is getting a touch out of hand...

new topics

top topics

<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join