It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump is the best chance this country has to change Washington

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

What is a 'brief period of looking weak'?? That is nothing but bull.

If you are a pacifist, at least have the courage to admit it.

That comment shows a total lack of understanding regarding human nature, politics and the rest of this planet's insanity.

If you want one more type of 'insanity', it is the 'peace at any price' mentality.

Unfreakingbelievable....

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76
a reply to: charlyv

LOL maybe broken American politics, kiddo...

He understands it is corrupt.. Of course you cannot lie to a liar...

Anyhow you might be right...

I do not really care who is President in 2016... Nothing is going to change....

Certainly, your opinion is as valuable as anyone else's
It is perhaps your country as well.
Who in this race scares the crap out of everyone at the level that Donald holds? That is powerful.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Might wanna go back to Nixon, and study politics, and see the difference from then til now...

I hear ya thou.. I am hoping as much as you... Yet the realist in me, see's the same ole same...

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
Trump said he wants to require employers to pay H-1B workers much more money, which he said would discourage companies from hiring them and boost job prospects for Americans. He also wants to have tech jobs offered to unemployed Americans before they can be filled by workers with H-1B visas.

What's the problem with H-1B's? The workers are living in the US and have to keep up with the US cost of living, it's not like outsourcing a job where the employer gets to circumvent the host nations inherent costs. Doesn't part of competition mean that the person willing to work for the least gets the job? Are you against workers competing with each other on price?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Might wanna go back to Nixon, and study politics, and see the difference from then til now...

I hear ya thou.. I am hoping as much as you... Yet the realist in me, see's the same ole same...

I was sitting in school when they announced Kennedy was killed. I have witnessed how politics has evolved since then, and I am not really impressed with what some would call progress. This, is not ole same, in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

well we see... I think Trump's ego is going to interfere with his judgement for the people.. That is just my opinion truthfully, I think he has everything he needs to be a good leader, I just do not think he will have to right focus for us...

Just saying...

I also do not like our PROGRESS, either, and honestly it is sad, for us to be rallying around Trump, to be honest, it is sad, it should not be this way...

We should have politicians that care about us... To me it is sad we have to rally around a Megalomaniac like Trump, to bring balance to D.C...

It is dangerous..

Good chat.. Nothing left to really say bro...

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
So.. a corporate billionaire mogul.. one of that 1%.. is somehow going to fix the issues with corruption via capitalism in our government? Are you kidding me? His blundering and rude retorts to anyone challenging him would be a disaster when dealing with foreign powers. Womanizer, showboater extreme, racist.. he is somehow the magic bullet to fix the nation?

What a joke...

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
For those above who are making assumptions and have not actually listened to what Trump is saying, this is a good summary of his position on the issues... easy to ready:

www.ontheissues.org...

99% of his platform sounds good to me.

You can not say the site is biased, as they also have the issue positions for the other candidates as well. So, you can compare them all and decide for yourself.

...Until you look at the details of Trumps plans. Not one thing he has proposed so far is feasible. Take his plan to make Mexico pay for a wall. He wants to do so by increasing diplomatic and business visa fees from Mexico and he wants to increase the fees to cross the border legally. In the case of the visa's Mexico will simply reciprocate and nothing changes, in the case of charging legal immigrants more he only encourages more illegal immigration, and even if people still cross legally it only means they charge Americans more for their labor when they come across... so the US pays, not Mexico.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

well we see... I think Trump's ego is going to interfere with his judgement for the people.. That is just my opinion truthfully, I think he has everything he needs to be a good leader, I just do not think he will have to right focus for us...

Just saying...

I also do not like our PROGRESS, either, and honestly it is sad, for us to be rallying around Trump, to be honest, it is sad, it should not be this way...

We should have politicians that care about us... To me it is sad we have to rally around a Megalomaniac like Trump, to bring balance to D.C...

It is dangerous..

Good chat.. Nothing left to really say bro...

Cool. We can agree and both disagree, keeps the world going around.
One thing, and I think we both would agree, is that it is going to be a wild ride.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
If you really listen to what Trump is saying in his interviews, he leaves the option open of boots on the ground, if needed.
That is what these other countries need to hear. They need to know that the US is powerful, and that we will not be reluctant to put our might where it is needed, if needed. When other countries believe that they can do whatever they want, and make threats against the US, and that the US is just going to sit back and "maybe" make some ineffectual sanctions, it makes the US look weak.

The US has the capability to invade and put boots on the ground in one country without compromising national defense. That gives us more force projection ability than most of the world, but it's still just one country. If we put boots on the ground to deal with ISIS we are saying to Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, and others that we cannot oppose them militarily. This is why Iraq was such a disaster, it wasn't just that it was expensive, it was that it cost the US in negotiations with other nations all around the world for a decade. Remember when for example Obama secretly caved to Putin on removing anti missile systems? If we weren't in Iraq that never would have happened.

Trump wants to put boots on the ground in three different nations at once, that's essentially handing the South China Sea to the Chinese, the buffer states to Russia, and probably abandoning South Korea to it's fate at the hands of the North. Is that what you actually support?

Projecting force is best used as a threat, actually having to follow through on it is very damaging to a nations political capital afterwards. This also happens to be why coalitions are formed so that no nation has to overexpose themselves.

Note that the pentagon has pushed very hard in the past for an increase in Americas military power so that we can successfully invade two countries at once on our own. This allows us to invade while still using the threat of invasion. There is no political will for the $1.5-2 trillion defense budget this would require though.
edit on 18-8-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Say it with me B-B-B-BILLIONAIRE.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
What scares me about Trump is he will run foreign affairs like celebrity apprentice, take the deal or get fired, as in a cruise missile up your behind. And if you really piss him off he will nuke you "YOUR FIRED" take that sucker.
Can you imagine him and Putin clashing, Trumps ego is so big he could never back down, whatever the cost.

**** Shivers ****
edit on 18-8-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
And are we supposed to believe that a man who admits to taking advantage of that corruption for profit will somehow be different when he is elected office?

To make changes in DC we have to elect representatives, not just a president, that think differently and talk differently. Trump is not saying anything different that others, he's just ruder about it.

I don't know, I consider myself a good judge of character and can usually tell if a person is lying. Trump comes off as genuine to me. He is honest, he is confident, and he is a giant f*** you to the establishment candidates that fox news wants to cram down our throats. I prefer Trump to Hillary, but I prefer Sanders to Trump. Go figure. If it's Hillary VS an establishment crony then I won't vote because neither resonate with me.

Regarding Trump admittedly doing what every other corporation does, lobby the government, I can hardly blame him. You can't really survive as a corporation without lobbying. He claims he wants to put an end to it. Nobody else on the GOP can say this because they are already in the pockets of those corporations.

Basically, Sanders > Trump > GOPclowncar/Killary Clowntown.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Congratulations, it took you one paragraph to invoke Hitler.

If you think Trump would change anything you are not paying attention.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I agree about Trump as long as he is being honest with us about his agenda. He is probably our last chance to clean this up.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Trump is not taking donations (as far as I understand things), and is planning to spend $1 billion of his own money on his campaign to make sure he is not beholden to any of the special interests

Considering Trump was caught lying on record [in court] about how many "billions" he has exactly, that he's been voted out or kicked off of many projects he's run, even the company that holds his name, Id question just exactly how much veracity that statement has.

This is Trump, a well known lying full of crap for a dollar-kind of guy.

Wh y you cant trust Trump on the billions he claims to have.

Trump strategically files for bankruptcy 4 times, and pads his personal wealth while putting up losses for everyone else before getting kicked out.

Trump sues writer and publisher for 5 billion after saying he isnt a billionaire.

Appeals court affirms decision that Trump isnt a billionaire.
edit on 19-8-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
What scares me about Trump is he will run foreign affairs like celebrity apprentice, take the deal or get fired, as in a cruise missile up your behind. And if you really piss him off he will nuke you "YOUR FIRED" take that sucker.
Can you imagine him and Putin clashing, Trumps ego is so big he could never back down, whatever the cost.

**** Shivers ****

I agree Trump is all ego and hubris, however, Trump got where he was at by walking over opeople and hobnobbing with others more prominent. He knows the difference between a useless eater and a feeder.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

I agree about Trump as long as he is being honest with us about his agenda. He is probably our last chance to clean this up.

Than stick a fork in us, we're done! If he's the best America's has than without question America is morally bankrupt. A true Sodom and Gomorrah.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

**** Shivers ****

yup, that's my problem with him. he went bankrupt 3 times, because in each case, he thought he was absolutely right. in those cases, he hurt only himself, and a few that invested with him.....if he does that as president, we all could be up a s**t creek.... frankly, I don't why everyone thinks he such a good businessman, he's a billionaire now, but all that could go south like it has 3 times before....

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: Xeven

Than stick a fork in us, we're done! If he's the best America's has than without question America is morally bankrupt. A true Sodom and Gomorrah.

Considering he loves to bankrupt his own companies when they stop being economically viable, and usually try to rip out as much personal profit possible before he gets kicked out of them, America isn't set up for a very smooth ride if he starts piloting the ship.

Whether he wants to claim its just "smart business" or not... hilariously being branded as much with the media since his presidential bid. If you find articles before his white house aspirations though, the bankruptcy angle wasn't seen as 'smart business' nor should it be. Last time I checked Berkshire Hatheway doesnt have a $200,000 share value [Warren Buffet's company] because its filing for bankruptcy.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join