It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump is the best chance this country has to change Washington

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Donald Trump is actually a microcosm of everything that is wrong with the American political establishment. It's really quite an interesting thing to watch.

Here's a guy who has name recognition and can speak in ways that attract a large segment of Americans. He's all flash and very little substance, but people don't seem to care. On the surface it looks and sounds good and that appears to be all that matters. It's just fascinating to observe.

Donald Trump has admitted to dumping large amounts cash into the political system. Everybody knows that this is warping the political process in this country, but yet people are enamored by him just because he admits to doing it.

Donald Trump has virtually no political experience.This is also the guy who just claimed Iran was funding the Islamic State, which is just wrong at an absurd level for anyone who has been paying attention to the M.E. situation even a little bit. This is who people want dealing with nuclear powers such as Russia and China? Wow...... Just wow

TRUMP: I'd make sure that Saudi Arabia and, by the way, Iran, which gives plenty of money to ISIS, I would make sure, I -- believe it or not,

Iran is funneling money into ISIS too and Iraq is going to Iran just like I predicted in 2004.

CNN TRANSCRIPT

Donald Trump has failed at multiple business ventures over the past few decades. And a lot of those failures had to do with his own mismanagement. I thought one of the biggest complaints about government was mismanagement. Apparently not. I know... I know.. It's too much government, not necessarily mismanagement. Unless of course it's a Democrat, then it's both too much government and mismanagement.

Donald Trump also got a nice inheritance to start out. He has never actually lived a life even remotely close to that of the average person. But yet this guy is going to relate to the daily struggles of the average American? Yeah right.

In a reality that's rational if Trump walked into a room and announced that he was running for president he'd be laughed right out of that room. The fact that he's not is extremely depressing.

link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

I thought Obama promised to fix these things and make them better.....I already know your response, it's Bush's fault. Bush was also horrible but so is Obama and the next corrupt politician will be no better.

Imagine if the opposing side actually worked with Obama to accomplish fixing things and making things better.

They seem to oppose him just because he's Obama. The Right doesn't even seem to care what policies are anymore as long as they take down Obama.

link   
a reply to: yeahright

You said:

Trump's a salesman and a showman and good enough at both to be a multi-billionaire. What I hear from him is "It'll be great. You're going to love it. I beat all these people in these other countries all the time and they still love me. I'm a winner. Trust me." And whoever disagrees with him is a "loser".

If that's all you hear then you have to listen more. He has said a lot.

You can't simply dismiss the fact that he can't be bought. This is a HUGE PROBLEM and it's getting worse.

A politician will come out against something. They will get a call from a big donor and then you will hear that they're "softening" their position.

I will take a chance on Trump vs. another CORRUPT POLITICIAN that's bought and paid for.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I will take a chance on Trump vs. another CORRUPT POLITICIAN that's bought and paid for.

I understand. It's a trust issue. You're willing to trust Trump under the assumption that him acting on his own would be better than a politician he was paying off to act on his behalf.

I'm not ready to take that leap.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I thought Obama promised to fix these things and make them better.....I already know your response, it's Bush's fault. Bush was also horrible but so is Obama and the next corrupt politician will be no better.

Imagine if the opposing side actually worked with Obama to accomplish fixing things and making things better.

They seem to oppose him just because he's Obama. The Right doesn't even seem to care what policies are anymore as long as they take down Obama.

What?????

I thought Obama was this great leader?? Why does everyone have to agree with Obama in order to get things done??? You do know he's not a king???

Obama also had Pelosi and Reid running Washington. If things were so great with Obama why did the American people vote in a Republican Congress?

This is my point, THEY'RE ALL CORRUPT!

To blindly follow Obama or Bush is what's making this Country even more CORRUPT. These Politicians know they have the blind loyalty of democrats and republicans.

It's like Hitler said:

PEOPLE ARE GENERALLY STUPID, IF YOU REPEAT THE SAME SLOGANS (HOPE AND CHANGE) OVER AND OVER AGAIN THEY WILL EVENTUALLY BELIEVE IT!!
edit on 18-8-2015 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
Did you miss the debate when he proclaimed he gave money to most of the candidates on stage? Americans will have the fox guarding the hen house if he's elected president. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing!

You got that wrong bro... Trump is the Alpha Wolf!
The ones who took Trump's money are the wolves in sheep's clothing.
Thus making Trump the best choice, the leader of these wolves....

edit on 18-8-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

What?????

I thought Obama was this great leader?? Why does everyone have to agree with Obama in order to get things done??? You do know he's not a king???

Obama also had Pelosi and Reed running Washington. If things were so great with Obama why did the American people vote in a Republican Congress?

To blindly follow Obama or Bush is what's making this Country even more CORRUPT. These Politicians know they have the blind loyalty of democrats and republicans.

It's like Hitler said:

PEOPLE ARE GENERALLY STUPID, IF YOU REPEAT THE SAME SLOGANS (HOPE AND CHANGE) OVER AND OVER AGAIN THEY WILL EVENTUALLY BELIEVE IT!!

That's what you got out of working together to make things work?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
great the worlds first reality star president, who will he pick for his running mate kim kardashian? he will be as great as president camacho from the movie idiocracy!!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

What?????

Obama also had Pelosi and Reed running Washington. If things were so great with Obama why did the American people vote in a Republican Congress?

It's like Hitler said:

That's what you got out of working together to make things work?

Yep, because the Democrats idea of working together means don't disagree with Obama.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Being in the trucking industry, I'm fully aware of the real back-bone of Ca. Agriculture. Even that one is being wiped by the left. Take a drive up I-5 sometime and look at all the fallow land and dead orchards we have as the current legacy...

What disaster? You MUST be joking surely....

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

You got that wrong bro... Trump is the Alpha Wolf! The ones who took Trump's money are the wolves in sheep's clothing.
Thus making Trump the best choice, the leader of these wolves....

Yeah, they're all wolves so don't vote for them! Bernie Sanders is speaking out about corporate donations and influence in politics. He's also addressing issues that affect the majority of Americans.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Whether it's legal or not is irrelevant. I was taking issue with your comment that they are supposed to and that it is normal and logical.

My point was to show that corporate lobbying goes against the principles behind the founding of this nation, as it's a country of individuals with rights, not corporations.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Oh he may change it, but I'm not sure that that change will be for the better.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Being in the trucking industry, I'm fully aware of the real back-bone of Ca. Agriculture. Even that one is being wiped by the left. Take a drive up I-5 sometime and look at all the fallow land and dead orchards we have as the current legacy...

What disaster? You MUST be joking surely....

I worked on a shipping dock. Love you guys.

I'm born and bred CA. Orange County used to really be orange groves.

Inglewood High School's football field isn't called "the Farm" for no reason.

EDIT: how do you get CA's agriculture is being wiped out by the LEFT?
edit on 18-8-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
People are calling Donnie a breathe of fresh air, and someone with the ability to stand up to those who buy/sell the government. I agree, we do. But good lord people, it's sure not Trump. But I do hold optimism, that when an HONEST person sees how well he's done, and that Americans are even ready to accept someone as blustering and gauche as Trump, they will have the courage and encouragement to move forward.

His brashness can be compelling, and maybe we need that. But not from Trump, from someone rather who has the good of the country at heart, and not just personal bragging rights -- which anyone who has listened to him for more than two seconds can see that is his main interest.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Appreciate the nod..

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
For a lighthearted change of pace to the thread read how future President Donald Trump might respond to Iran testing a nuclear bomb. On topic I have no idea what Trump would be like as President, the possibility is both exciting and terrifying.

freebeacon.com...
edit on 18-8-2015 by TonySarc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
great the worlds first reality star president, who will he pick for his running mate kim kardashian? he will be as great as president camacho from the movie idiocracy!!

Lol! And the first time the country rises up in criticism of something he has said or done, he will say:

"I should have known I can't govern a country of LOSERS!"

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

EDIT: how do you get CA's agriculture is being wiped out by the LEFT?

Five bucks on something something tree hugging environmentalist hippie commies.

Obama.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Be careful about supporting Trump. He's a union man, you know!!! Bunch a commies!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join