It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump is the best chance this country has to change Washington

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Change isn't always for the better, at the same time it's hard to imagine worse than the current status quo, I hate mental challenges like that..
edit on 18-8-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Businesses and corporations are SUPPOSED to petition government for consideration for their particular enterprise or industry. That is normal and logical and government should listen and respond based on what is good for The People and Our Country.....not what is good for the pocketbook of the politician!!

Instead of getting angry at businessmen and corporate executives for doing what they do, we should be angry at the politicians for putting their damned palms out to be greased!!
edit on 18-8-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
a reply to: WeRpeons

You can't be serious. Corporate America controls Washington now. Who do you think these Politicians are going to for money? Again, people have to wake up. The system is CORRUPT. Clinton, Bush and the rest of them are bought and paid for.

I'm not sure you've been told, but Trump is a part of Corporate America. The only way he knows to fix problems is by throwing money at them and when all of his assets are in the same failing currency the country is already using, the end result cannot possibly be positive. Grey580 said it best, he is the Anakin Skywalker solution and let's face it, Order 66 balanced the force but not in the way anyone could have forseen. If we elect Trump, I shudder to think what his Order 66 would be. In my personal opinion, we need Bernie Sanders. He may not be perfect but he is the best shot we have, assuming he doesn't just get assassinated for the change he wants to bring.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Businesses and corporations are SUPPOSED to petition government for consideration for their particular enterprise or industry. That is normal and logical and government should listen and respond based on what is good for The People and Our Country.....not what is good for the pocketbook of the politician!!

Instead of getting angry at businessmen and corporate executives for doing what they do, we should be angry at the politicians for putting their damned palms out to be greased!!

Business' and corporations are not supposed to be able to petition government. The government serves the people, not business.

The original corporate charter system in the US specifically forbid corporations from lobbying government or spending money on campaigns because it meant that the politician would be conflicted between representing what's best for the people, or the corporation.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The fact that Trump is a businessman that controlled Politicians and he can't be bought is HUGE!

How's Zuckerberg, Koch, multi-national banks and other interest going to buy him off??

He talked about a lobbyist wanted to raise 5 million for him but he turned it down because he doesn't want the lobbyist calling him later and saying he owes him.

THIS SCARES THE ESTABLISHMENT TO DEATH!1

Clinton’s top 10 cumulative donors between between 1999 and 2016 were, in descending order, Citigroup ($782,327), Goldman Sachs ($711,490), DLA Piper ($628,030), JPMorgan Chase ($620,919), EMILY’s List ($605,174) Morgan Stanley ($543,065), Time Warner ($411,296), Skadden Arps ($406,640), Lehman Brothers ($362,853) and Cablevision Systems ($336,288).

Bernie Sanders will be bought and paid for by Unions

His top 10 are, in descending order, Machinists/Aerospace Workers union ($105,000), Teamsters union ($93,700), National Education Association ($84,350), United Auto Workers ($79,650), United Food & Commercial Workers union ($72,500), Communications Workers of America ($68,000), Laborers Union ($64,000), Carpenters & Joiners Union ($62,000), National Association of Letter Carriers ($61,000), and the American Association for Justice ($60,500).

Here's more:

“More than 50 Goldman Sachs executives and employees gave the Republican more than $144,000 in the second quarter, with most of them sending $2,700, the maximum allowed, according to Federal Election Commission filings.”

“Goldman Sachs employees sent more to Bush than to Hillary Clinton, who got less than $60,000. Even so, she received more than him from donors at JPMorgan and Morgan Stanley, where her former State Department deputy Tom Nides is vice chairman. He’s among bundlers who helped her raise at least $100,000.”

www.opensecrets.org...

If these places can't donate to Trump how will they control him? This is why he's scaring them to death. This is also why he will not be the nominee because there's too much control, money and power over Politicians that will not be given up by the establishment.

SADLY, MANY AMERICANS STICK THEIR HEADS IN THE SAND AND SUPPORT THE SAME CORRUPT POLITICIANS OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
edit on 18-8-2015 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
Who would you rather see in a mankini? Bernie or the Donald.
That should be an easy one to answer...

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Every single corporation, many nations, not to mention Public Sector Unions and political advocacy groups use the lobby mechanism. To not use it is to lose, perhaps not even survive this tough world.

By that, as usual, selective finger pointing by you is disingenuous. I see it as a positive that Trump freely admits using every tool in the arsenal to succeed. a positive attribute in a President.

It's not corruption when it's a part of the mechanism of this Gov't any more than you calling your representative or donating to his campaign.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I have to say that Trump himself is good at lubricating politicians hands when he felt like it, $1.5 million in the last 25 years, a third to Democrats and the rest to Republicans. I would give feck nothing to any of them.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: queenofswords

Business' and corporations are not supposed to be able to petition government. The government serves the people, not business.

The original corporate charter system in the US specifically forbid corporations from lobbying government or spending money on campaigns because it meant that the politician would be conflicted between representing what's best for the people, or the corporation.

Is it or is it not against the law today for businessmen and corporate executives to lobby government for considerations that help their enterprise or industry?

If it is not against today's laws, then the problem lies NOT with those who petition government, but rather with those politicians that petition the corporations and businessmen to grease their palms in order to receive consideration.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Hang on...

You rant about the corruption in Washington, and you think the best way to deal with that is by electing an ignorant, arrogant, racist, sexist, millionaire businessman who knows nothing about diplomacy and can't even get through a speech without offending potentially millions of people he wants supporting him?

This is a f-ing joke, right?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Trump, for all his bluster and self-inflated views, is playing to a segment of the population. The Donald breaks down pertinent issues to it's basic form, and explains his stance not with detailed plans but with quips and soundbites. The hypocrisy of his position is that he's benefited from the corruption in DC on a personal level, and gamed the faltering system on many occasions.

The government is riddled with corruption on many levels, of that there's no doubt. I don't think Trump is the answer to this Nation's ills, and IMO it's like putting the fox in charge of the hen house. Couple that with concept of electing another POTUS that requires on the job training, and us slobs suffer the consequences. We can do better than this.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Instead I would say Donald Trump is the best candidate to start World War III and give more power and influence to corporate America. God help us all if voters in this country can't see past his ignorance of government and world affairs.

I agree. Have a look at his blabbering about the Middle East. He advocates bombing the hell out of Iraq, then of course sending in Exxon mobile; same plan for Syria, send in Exxon.

He also mentioned boots on the ground in Iraq to secure the oil fields. In an article I read the other day he was asked about his foreign policy, who'd he let advise him, his answer; John Bolton or retired army colonel Jack Jacobs, both of these gentlemen are hardliners in my opinion.

Source

He also mentioned John Bolton, the former US ambassador to the United Nations, leading neoconservative and sometime presidential hopeful, who he said was “a tough cookie”, and retired army colonel Jack Jacobs, who he said was “a good guy”.

If either of those two are a part of Trumps administration, it's not hard to figure out the objective.

edit on 18-8-2015 by Daedal because: edit

link   
I think Americans are now hooked on wanting MAJOR change every 8 years. Whatever candidate has the most charisma and offers the biggest CHANGE, will win. That's what got President Obama elected.

BTW for you historians, how often in the last 75 years has the opposing party candidate (Republicans this year) in the lead at this point actually become that party's nominee? I don't think the polls showing Donald Trump in the lead at this early juncture mean much, do they?
cwm

link   
a reply to: Annee
Apologies for the multiple post. I live 100 yards from the Canadian border AND a DHS controlled major border crossing.

It messes with my web signals big time..

link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: Annee

That's interesting, I lived in Ca. for 20 years. I was a Democrat until Reagan. He was a bit more polite than you though.

His statement was "I didn't leave the Democrat Party. The Democrat Party left me".

Having seen the results of the successors to Reagan in Ca. since his day. The sheer disaster that Ca. is now...?

It's not our 'sanity' that needs questioning....

Do you live in CA? What disaster?

Most people don't even realize CA is an agricultural state.

That liberal "Hollywood" is a myth, perpetuated by a few Liberal actors. The industry is world wide and its about making money. Mostly Republicans.

Lots of "Donald's" in the entertainment industry. Doesn't mean they have the skills to run a country.

edit on 18-8-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

You sound ridiculous.

Of course you buy everything the establishment media is selling you about Trump in order to support the same CORRUPT POLITICIANS who do nothing.

Every year they promise to do something about the same things and nothing gets done.

So you will elect the same politicians who have us buried in debt, who promise the world but deliver to their Donors and you don't understand why people are supporting Trump and other non politicians???

Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are running against Washington and walk on water Obama has been President!1 He hasn't fixed any of these things???

Clinton said:

"For too many families in America today, that isn't the way it works. Instead of getting ahead, they're finding it harder and harder than ever to get their footing in our changing economy. The dream of upward mobility that made this country a model for the world feels further and further out of reach."

She said:

Amid the "daily struggles of millions and millions of Americans," women face particular difficulties, Clinton continued. A woman struggling to achieve "doesn't just face ceilings on her aspirations; sometimes it feels as if the floor has collapsed beneath her."

I thought Obama promised to fix these things and make them better.....I already know your response, it's Bush's fault. Bush was also horrible but so is Obama and the next corrupt politician will be no better.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It's a trust issue.

Do you trust Hillary? Please.

Do you trust Trump? All I've heard him say is he can't be bought. If he's inherently corrupt, screwing us for his own behalf isn't any better than screwing us for someone else's.

Do you trust Sanders? I don't think he's corrupt, but doing the wrong thing for the right reason still doesn't help much.

Ted Cruz I wouldn't trust to put money in a parking meter for me.

Rubio's like 12 years old.

It's going to require a person of integrity, who has the right ideas and sufficient ability to get them implemented.

I have yet to see the candidate who I'm convinced has the people's best interests in mind and the capacity to effect meaningful change.

Trump's a salesman and a showman and good enough at both to be a multi-billionaire. What I hear from him is "It'll be great. You're going to love it. I beat all these people in these other countries all the time and they still love me. I'm a winner. Trust me." And whoever disagrees with him is a "loser".

I absolutely think he could change Washington. The question is, into what?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You can't be serious. Corporate America controls Washington now. Who do you think these Politicians are going to for money? Again, people have to wake up. The system is CORRUPT. Clinton, Bush and the rest of them are bought and paid for.

I'm totally serious! Of course Corporate America controls Washington, and Trump has been part of that corporate influence. When are people going to wake-up and realize that! Did you miss the debate when he proclaimed he gave money to most of the candidates on stage? Americans will have the fox guarding the hen house if he's elected president. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing!

He won't be able to relate to the average American, and if you think he won't cater to his corporate buddies and the rich, you're taking his B.S. hook line and sinker.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join