It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump is the best chance this country has to change Washington

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Annee

EDIT: how do you get CA's agriculture is being wiped out by the LEFT?

Five bucks on something something tree hugging environmentalist hippie commies.

Obama.

Something something Bush racists Jade Helm

(this is fun!)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The best way to fix our oligarchy run amok.... is to elect an oligarch? Are you trolling? Or just naive beyond words?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Best ever candidate if fellow americans decide it's time for another world war .

you know what they say , a dumb enemy is far more dangerous than a smart and powerful one .

if US "elects" trump , they'll be the dumb bully who always turns out to be a drug addict at the end of the movies .

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
"Donald Trump is the best chance this country has to change Washington"

I can't say I imagine him to be a hands on type father, but Washington certainly has crapped it's diaper if Trump is the answer...

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
How anyone can buy that Trump would change things is beyond me. Trump just wants to cut the middleperson. Why would he pay politicians when he can do the job himself? It's a nuisance using lobbysts, contributing to campaings,...Plus, corporate america knows people are up to here of special interests. What can they do? Mr. Special Interest himself runs for President, acusing politicians of being puppets of special interests. And some buy it. Amazing.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: Annee

Hmmm, the same left-wing argument used when Reagan ran for office..."HE WILL START WWIII"...yeah right...guffaw.

I haven't been particularly supporting Trump, but listening the left's old spin, perhaps I'd better reconsider.....

Reagan basically lucked out. He used his rethoric to escalate Cold War during his first term, and actually did. But the soviet leaders were old men, none were in their prime. Brezhnev, Andropov and Chernenko died from 1982-1985. Then Reagan lucked out again. The new leader was Gorbachov and he was intelligent, young, and wanted real change which he brought about.
Had Reagan faced a bellicose leader like Nikita Jrushchov in the early 60s (Reagan was 6 years older than JFK, so it's not that far fetched), things would have turned out very differently, I'm afraid.
Speaking of which, I wouldn't sit Donald Trump in front of Vladimir Putim to negotiate what movie to watch, let alone a serious international conflict.
edit on 18/8/2015 by Virgil91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

He also wants to have tech jobs offered to unemployed Americans before they can be filled by workers with H-1B visas.

"This will improve the number of black, Hispanic and female workers in Silicon Valley who have been passed over in favor of the H-1B program.

Donald Trump is mentally..ahem..handicapped?
So...Silicon valley employers pass over people of color so that they can go through the hassle of H1B application and sponsorship to hire people of color from foreign countries?

Jesus...I can't figure out if he is this stupid or just assumes everyone he is pandering to is? Maybe both?
edit on 18-8-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Virgil91

Ah, so it was 'luck'.

So if we face a Putin instead of the old guard that ran the USSR we should back down. Don't eye-ball them, nose to nose, and tell where to stick it?

Very slick. The truth is not the 'old men' is was the tired system that had no real economic engine to compete with the dollars the U.S. invested in it's military.

Of course, if we followed your logic, Reagan was 'wrong' and we should have continued the Carter-like appeasement of the U.S.S.R. and ultimately lost the cold war.

There is always risk in confronting a potential advisory. It's the willingness to take that 'risk' that backs the military machine with a credible deterrent. We don't currently have one. The clear evidence is Isil, the Ukraine and the South China Sea.

I will cede to you that I'm not entirely convinced Trump is the right man at the right time, at least on international issues.

Where I draw the line is the WWIII rhetoric. It IS garbage.

Like most on the 'right' I am convinced weakness and appeasement, perceived or otherwise, produces a higher chance of war than a position of strength and determination.

Last comment. If you have studied any of the biographies of Reagan, it's safe to label him a bit of a wuss. He used rhetoric, was a new deal democrat, previously and was anything but a warmonger.

Rhetoric and bluff...it worked...

edit on 18-8-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Virgil91

P.S.

Almost forgot, we did confront a 'tough' Communist leadership. it was the Cuban crisis. JFK. Eye-ball to eye-ball...

The Russians blinked first....

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Where I draw the line is the WWIII rhetoric. It IS garbage.

Not according to Christians that view a new World War as Biblical and a part of Armageddon. They actually hope for the Apocalypse to prove their ideologies and theology.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Crap here we go with that hole change thing again. The last guy changed things and look at the US. Why not enforce the law of the land its been on paper for a couple hundred years now. Change? The only change I got out of the last guy was the change in my pocket.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I believe Trump is the best hope for our country's economy.

He has been working the system long enough to understand what is wrong, and what needs to be done to fix it. For our children and our future - we need to do something drastic. And that might just mean electing a leader who knows how to run a business. Trump not only knows how to build a successful business, he knows how the world works. I'm sure he has needed to negotiate with many powerful people, and knows how to get things done.

Our economy is dying. We need to bring back manufacturing. We need to stop bleeding our jobs to other countries. Our health care system is broken.

If we can fix our economy, other improvements will naturally follow.

As for the relations with other countries, maybe we need a tough guy who will make other countries realize the US can not be walked all over. Strength is safer than perceived weakness.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

That sounds good in theory, but it will not work in practice. The US government is not a business and should not be ran like one.

I do not know who was originally quoted as saying it, but someone once said in regards to a businessman running the country that "not everything that is socially responsible will make a profit, and not everything that profits will be socially responsible".

The country is not designed to be ran as a business as it's number one priority is to serve and represent the people. The number one priority of business is to profit.

They are two different kinds of monsters and the last thing we want is someone who will run this country like a business.
edit on 18-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I believe Trump is the best hope for our country's economy.

Right....a guy that has gone bankrupt 4 time and left other people SOL, is the best hope for our economy?

www.forbes.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

We do need someone who understands what our economy needs, and who will make the changes needed to fix it.

In just my lifetime, I have watched manufacturing jobs decrease to almost nothing in this country.

Some examples:

Twenty-some years ago I worked at a manufacturing plant. We were making a product that was high-profile, and big with a "Made in USA" reputation. It was bought by a South Korean company. The Koreans brought over about 20 of their people to learn the business, and to learn how to use the machinery and manufacture the product. Then they shipped 1/2 of the equipment back to Korea, and started making the first 1/2 of the product in Korea. They actually started shipping the 1/2 product from Korea back to the US with "Made in the USA" already stamped on it, intending to have the remainder assembled in the US. When customs would not let the product in, we had to send 20 people every day to the docks in NY to wipe the stamps.

When the Koreans realized their scam was not going to work, they shipped the remaining equipment to Korea and closed the US plant.

In my younger days, I would go out of my way to select a purchase based on being Made in the USA. That is almost impossible today. Almost nothing is totally made in the US.

I now work for one of the few remaining manufacturing companies in the US today. Everything that we buy to build the products comes from China or some other country. The items are impossible to find in the US. Even if you buy from a supplier in the US, the original source is China. The purchasing lead times are often months to get products in. China owns the US manufacturing system and sets the timelines and prices.

I work in the IT side of the business. If I need to call technical support about anything, I usually end up talking to someone from India or some other country. That does not exactly make me feel secure in the IT field, knowing that more and more jobs are being outsourced.

In the US, there are fewer and fewer jobs for people who don't have it in their stars to go to college. That is why people are trying to make a living wage, and failing, at jobs like fast food and retail. Those jobs should be for high school kids, not a father trying to raise a family. There should be jobs here - including manufacturing.

In the meantime, more and more people are flooding in illegally from other countries, taking up the decreasing jobs that are still available.

The above has been ongoing for years, and is getting worse. So far, government makes excuses or ignores the problems, saying it is just a global economy. Well, the US is getting the short end of the stick in this global economy.

And Trump is FINALLY the one who is saying enough is enough, and something needs to be done about it.
People need to wake up and see that something drastic needs to be done. That might just mean getting ourselves a president who understands the situation and has the courage to thumb his nose at those who are trying to keep the failing pattern going.
We NEED Trump.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You often mention that you are a businessman yourself.

Surely you know the difference between personal bankruptcy, and owning a business that declares bankruptcy?

Trump has never declared personal bankruptcy. Out of the hundreds of businesses he has built, four have failed and gone bankrupt.

There are plenty of reasons to question Trump's qualifications without being deceptive.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Trump will be elected President if we go back to the paper ballot.

Electronic vote fraud is a cancer on democracy.

Trumps message is very appealing to both democrats and republicans.

Trump doesnt hold back. Hes not owned. Hes the most honest candidate in the race.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mymojo

TRUMP IS OUR TRUMP CARD IN A RIGGED DECK.

TRUMP IS A TRUMPETER OF TRUTH.

HE IS THE TRUMPETER TO BRING DOWN THE WALLS OF JERICH, AND LEAD US TO THE PROMISE LAND!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Bankruptcy is one thing but Trump has a long record of screwing people around that trusted him.

fortune.com...

video.foxbusiness.com...=show-clips
edit on 18-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
For those above who are making assumptions and have not actually listened to what Trump is saying, this is a good summary of his position on the issues... easy to ready:

www.ontheissues.org...

99% of his platform sounds good to me.

You can not say the site is biased, as they also have the issue positions for the other candidates as well. So, you can compare them all and decide for yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join