It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump is the best chance this country has to change Washington

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
And are we supposed to believe that a man who admits to taking advantage of that corruption for profit will somehow be different when he is elected office?

To make changes in DC we have to elect representatives, not just a president, that think differently and talk differently. Trump is not saying anything different that others, he's just ruder about it.

Exactly. It's like people won't even try to think this through. The 2012 Presidential elections cost Pres Obama and his allies roughly $1 billion. And the same is true with his challenger, Mitt Romney and his allies. So why would a billionaire (Trump) raise & spend $1 billion or more to get a job that pays $400,000 a year if he wasn't going to exploit it?

Remember, he's lauded as a super businessman. What businessman spends millions of dollars of his own money while raising & spending a billion dollars in order to make less than half a million dollars back? If he was running for President for moral reasons, he could easily raise the same amount of money & spend it helping poor Americans get back on their feet. Instead, he's going to spend it on expensive advertisement slots, social media campaigns, robo-calling campaigns, guest appearances on different shows, and to buy off rivals with lucrative positions in his campaign.

But somehow, they think he's going to end corruption if he wins? LOL

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: Xeven
a reply to: neoholographic

I agree about Trump as long as he is being honest with us about his agenda. He is probably our last chance to clean this up.

Than stick a fork in us, we're done! If he's the best America's has than without question America is morally bankrupt. A true Sodom and Gomorrah.

Considering he loves to bankrupt his own companies when they stop being economically viable, and usually try to rip out as much personal profit possible before he gets kicked out of them, America isn't set up for a very smooth ride if he starts piloting the ship.

Whether he wants to claim its just "smart business" or not... hilariously being branded as much with the media since his presidential bid. If you find articles before his white house aspirations though, the bankruptcy angle wasn't seen as 'smart business' nor should it be. Last time I checked Berkshire Hatheway doesnt have a $200,000 share value [Warren Buffet's company] because its filing for bankruptcy.

Oh rest assured, if he were to become president he'd likely get impeached before long or leave office after having squeezed every last cent he could.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: BlueAjah

He wants to put boots on the ground in Iraq, North Korea, and I guess Syria, according to your link. Should I add Iran to this list? Do you really support that?

•Boots on the ground to fight ISIS. (Jun 2015)
•Hit ISIS hard and fast. (Feb 2015)
•Take $1.5T in oil from Iraq to pay for US victims. (Mar 2013)
•Iraq should pick up the tab for their own liberation. (Dec 2011)
•Stop Iran's nuclear programs by any & all means necessary. (Dec 2011)
•John McCain's actions in Vietnam were not "heroic". (Sep 2000)
•Use force to stop North Korean nuke development. (Jul 2000)
•Support Israel, our unsinkable Mideast aircraft carrier. (Jul 2000)
•No humanitarian intervention; only to direct threats. (Jul 2000)

From your link.

Oh, and steal Iraq's oil. Now who are the thugs again? WTH kind of warmonger is this?

Exactly. But somehow he's going to be different from other Washington "insiders". Dude sounds like a crazier Bush Jr. At least Dubya was smart enough to convince people that he was too stupid to be held accountable. Trump is just begging for a war crimes conviction.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Is it just me, or does Trump remind anyone else of a less-lethal, more mouthy version of Putin?

I guess I kind of agree with Governor Jennifer Granholm when she compared him to the villains on reality shows like Survivor. You keep him around because he's entertaining, but he's never going to win. They're keeping him around as a smokescreen joke and are going to slide someone even more horrendous in last minute like they did with Bush-43.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Is it just me, or does Trump remind anyone else of a less-lethal, more mouthy version of Putin?

I guess I kind of agree with Governor Jennifer Granholm when she compared him to the villains on reality shows like Survivor. You keep him around because he's entertaining, but he's never going to win. They're keeping him around as a smokescreen joke and are going to slide someone even more horrendous in last minute like they did with Bush-43.

cough cough I kinda like Putin though cough

I think you're referring to the overly "macho" image they promote, right? If so, I agree. That stuff is pretty ridiculous from both of them, though Putin clearly takes the cake. I once saw highlights for a hockey "match" where Putin was scoring all over Russia's top stars. It was almost as if they were scared to guard him...

I don't even think it's that complicated with Trump. He's just filling up the airwaves right now so the major networks can keep pumping out cheap product. He's like the Kardashian of politicians, since he's only popular because of his assets, hurr hurr hurr. Get it? Get it? (realizes no one's laughing so i walk away slowly)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Bernie Sanders said on Aug 17 about how it doesn't matter who's elected and I believe this no matter who you're voting for.

"No matter who is elected to be president. That person will not be able to address the enormous problems facing the working families of this country. They will not be able to succeed because the power of corporate america, the power of wallstreet, the power of campaign donors are SO great, that no president alone can stand up to them. That is the truth. People may fee uncomfortable hearing it, but that is the reality."

He went on to say, it's not about the President, it's about starting a movement / grassroots campaign in this country.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Trump will do no different, he has very little economic sense, he is a brand.
Also, his trump home line ripped off everyone who ever bought a bed. Terrible product.
He won't change anything, sorry.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Yeah. "Change", as in get the place razed to the ground in a global nuclear war!

Donald Trump: Olympus Down's

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The only thing different will be he will do things for corps that are his personal friends instead of who has the money. Only difference.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

What is a 'brief period of looking weak'?? That is nothing but bull.

My my.

Hello. Nice to meet you?

This perceived weakness is mostly being identified by American War Mongers. I doubt if the rest of the planet would identify the U.S. and it's allies as "weak".

All this "weak" talk is just silly. I imagine the day will come when we have to go do something about the evil that is usurping the ME. I personally don't look forward to it. I wonder if Mr. Trump will offer up his three kids?

I'm curious, do you support all the wars Trump is proposing? Do you see any other alternatives? If so, what?

edit on 8/19/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Ha, yes. Kind of a sissified version of Putin. I mean, he has gold fixtures in the helicopter!

But I do like the fact that he is Batman. I always suspected it.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Hitler said: "People are generally stupid, you repeat the same slogans again and again and they will eventually believe it."

That came from the mouth of a universally hated man that brought death and despair to millions. And chairman Mao? that great leap forward took tens of millions of lives.

Those men also said what they were thinking. Take what trump says with a grain of salt.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Just curious, but all those people who are anti-trump I ask you, is he so much worse than another Bush? Or how about Hilary who is just as shady as the Bush's?? What I like about Trump, even though I can admit he's a total ass-clown, is that he can legitimately fund his own campaign himself. He wouldn't need to raise capital by making promises to wealthy men, he is the wealthy man so he can answer to himself and his own beliefs to how this Govt. should be run.. I believe we can all admit that the system is broken, each year we spend more than we take in, each year we have the same old BS propaganda being shoved down our throats, but has there really been much change? I see a far worse world right now, and it keeps getting exponentially worse as the years tick away.. I guess what I'm getting at is, how much worse could it get with Trump over say a Hilary or Jeb? I don't think it could get too much worse, but seeing as Trump's a total wild card, I do think it could get much better if the same wealthy man that Jeb and Hilary are bending over to, aren't having their voices disrupting things in D.C. I guess, you could say I'm on the side that would be okay with the "craps roll" with Trump, because in my eyes, it can't get much worse from any of the candidates, but I feel with him, there's a little hope it could get better, because Trump will call people on their BS, but he will also not be a sock puppet like the others, who we KNOW WILL...

my 2 cents
edit on 19-8-2015 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I will vote for president the candidate which best represents my ideas and is most similar to how Ive lived. Any candidate that has been married 3 times, filed for bankruptcy 4 times and is part of the 1% most certainly does not represent my lifestyle and ideas. You must question an individuals rationale when they say they are willing to spend 1 billion of their own dollars for a job that pays 250k a year...doesnt pass the smell test

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537What I like about Trump, even though I can admit he's a total ass-clown, is that he can legitimately fund his own campaign himself. He wouldn't need to raise capital by making promises to wealthy men, he is the wealthy man so he can answer to himself and his own beliefs to how this Govt. should be run.

This isn't true at all. Trump may be a billionaire but most of that value isn't in his checking account, it's in the form of stock in the companies he owns. When selling stock the company has a legal obligation to do their best to maximize shareholder value. By selling shares in his companies to fund his campaign he now has a legal obligation to only pursue policies that maximize his shareholders return. What if Soros buys those shares? What if Koch buys them? He's now just as beholden to them as if he accepted a giant check as a campaign donation. Where it gets even worse is Trump can sell to people outside of the US, what if Saudi Arabia decides to buy those shares in his company? What if Russia buys them?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Just wanted to chime in and say "great thread." You summed it up perfectly and Trump trounces the rest of the field in what America really needs...no more politicians! He's more a real folk than any of them and that's why he is gaining momentum every day and will be unstoppable. The MSM and the corrupt political machine and corporate America are terrified because this may be a freight train of "real change" they may not be able to stop!

S&F and thanks for some good information you bring to light in your OP.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: capecrusader
I will vote for president the candidate which best represents my ideas and is most similar to how Ive lived. Any candidate that has been married 3 times, filed for bankruptcy 4 times and is part of the 1% most certainly does not represent my lifestyle and ideas. You must question an individuals rationale when they say they are willing to spend 1 billion of their own dollars for a job that pays 250k a year...doesnt pass the smell test

I really don't think he cares about the paycheck when he makes nearly $400 million a year. Maybe what he really cares about is...wait for it, wait for it....America! Yes, a billion dollars to save this once-great nation is what he is willing to spend on our behalfs. Sounds like a guy who is willing to go "all in" for what he believes is right. And for that I'm willing to overlook the fact he's made mistakes like most of us common folks. He hasn't been running for president since he was a child like the rest of these fake azz politicians!

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
" I Will be Open & Transparent"

"Hope & Change"

Remember that?

Same crap. Different year.

Jude

Same people .................different faces.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Assuming an interest to learn-a big assumption on my part-try examining the distinction between rhetoric and action.

A strong, convincing rhetoric that lends credence to potential advisories prevents having to sacrifice his three kids, or mine or yours.

That is the fundamental you seem NOT to grasp. The same left rhetoric was used on Reagan " he will start WWIII". One, it didn't work and two, it was wrong. If anything he prevented WWIII by undoing the idiocy of Carter, ok, I will be kind...misguided views of Carter.

Reagan used rhetoric...and cash. He was, in fact, a bit of a wuss. . Very kind hearted. He played his 'role' brilliantly and it worked.

Either your a Dem who'd find anything about any Republican or as anti-war as it gets. or both.

There was a poster back in the Vietnam era, "Yea though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil...for I'm the meanest S.O.B. in the valley."

Perception is everything.......

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Trump…whatever you think of him he is a phenomenon!

He advocates something and then ALL of the midget puppets of the GOP he’s running against climb on board and support what he advocates such as the no citizen at birth idea.

Right now CNN, MSNBC, and Fox are all broadcasting his town hall meeting.

There’s never been a candidate like this guy

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join