It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump is the best chance this country has to change Washington

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

He wants to put boots on the ground in Iraq, North Korea, and I guess Syria, according to your link. Should I add Iran to this list? Do you really support that?

•Boots on the ground to fight ISIS. (Jun 2015)
•Hit ISIS hard and fast. (Feb 2015)
•Take $1.5T in oil from Iraq to pay for US victims. (Mar 2013)
•Iraq should pick up the tab for their own liberation. (Dec 2011)
•Stop Iran's nuclear programs by any & all means necessary. (Dec 2011)
•John McCain's actions in Vietnam were not "heroic". (Sep 2000)
•Use force to stop North Korean nuke development. (Jul 2000)
•Support Israel, our unsinkable Mideast aircraft carrier. (Jul 2000)
•No humanitarian intervention; only to direct threats. (Jul 2000)

From your link.

Oh, and steal Iraq's oil. Now who are the thugs again? WTH kind of warmonger is this?
edit on 8/18/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mymojo
a reply to: mymojo

TRUMP IS OUR TRUMP CARD IN A RIGGED DECK.

TRUMP IS A TRUMPETER OF TRUTH.

HE IS THE TRUMPETER TO BRING DOWN THE WALLS OF JERICH, AND LEAD US TO THE PROMISE LAND!

I think I'll pass on the promised land, but thanks anyway.

Trump is a snake oil salesmen that is making a mockery of the process.

But praise Jebus anyway. I'm sure he would love the Trump.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

He's not a "game" player.

Exactly what the US needs.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

If you really listen to what Trump is saying in his interviews, he leaves the option open of boots on the ground, if needed.
That is what these other countries need to hear. They need to know that the US is powerful, and that we will not be reluctant to put our might where it is needed, if needed. When other countries believe that they can do whatever they want, and make threats against the US, and that the US is just going to sit back and "maybe" make some ineffectual sanctions, it makes the US look weak.

Trump is talking about fighting ISIS in Iraq. He vehemently was against the previous invasion in Iraq. He wants to take a stronger stand against ISIS. ISIS is getting stronger, and our current government is seen as weak in the fight against them.

North Korea is dangerous. Trump says that if ground troops are needed to stop them from nuking us, as they threaten, then we need to do what needs to be done.

The alternative is letting other countries threaten us, and nuke us, and terrorize us. Let them fear that our government is strong enough to rebuke them, and would take action if needed. They have no such fear with the current administration, and thus stomp all over us.

If countries respect us, and think of the US as strong, it will make us safer than we are today. Maybe ground troops would not be needed, if they understand that the possibility of ground troops exist.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Thanks, but I think I'd rather endure a brief period of "looking weak" than have the entire globe strewn with the dead bodies of mostly innocent people.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I would agree to most of that and add that the infrastructure of the government should be run like a business.
That makes people accountable for their actions.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I'm sorry if you don't understand what I was saying.

We are safer if we are perceived as a strong country. It could actually bring peace, instead of war.
Trump is smart as heck about this. Make us strong, build up our military, and other countries will leave us alone. Then we won't have to go to war.

It is because other countries think we are weak, and will not retaliate, that they threaten us and take action against us.
It is our weakness that has allowed terrorism to thrive.

And yes, if needed, maybe, just maybe, ground troops might be needed sometime. Would you rather if North Korea nuked us? Or ISIS grew so powerful that they spread to an uncontrollable force?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

You really don't know much about warfare do you? There are lots of Vets on ATS who I am sure could clue you in, but you know, for some reason or other they don't really like to talk about it that much.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
To be honest... I am utterly shocked the USA has lasted this long, by looking at how politics are unfolding in D.C.

I suppose on a large scale Their really has been no improvements made for the people, sure we have obamacare, that no one really wanted, we also can be taxed and jailed for not having health insurance now, also this was a bill lobbyied by the health insurance companies.. Obamacare was not designed with the PEOPLE in it's interest..

Don't be fooled...

Trump, is not going to change this, hell he does not even have a agenda, he is literally just telling us to trust him because he has experience etc.

He has no political background, he has no clue how D.C works, and I am cringing at his clumsy foreign policy he will give us...

As far as I can see, which is pretty far, D.C is not going to change... A major world war, is the only thing historically that can change the Politics in D.C..

Or a civil revolt which has a much less likely hood simply because they have better weapons then the people, and obvioulsy they sure as hell are not afraid of the people...

So their you have it, whoever is elected it is going to be a another facade... I bet if you do a search back about 8 years ago on ats you will see I wrote the same exact thing, in a thread like this just titled OBAMA, instead of TRUMP...

Carry on with you debates, arguments and grumblings.

I am definitely getting blaze'.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
D. Trump is a clown but not any more or less than other politicians. IMO, he won't be elected. He may be a very successful business leader, but not a political leader.

Current Republican candidates have no clear grasp on reality from their sheltered lives. The republican party will not fare well in 2016. The democrats, maybe. I expect the announcement of a third party candidate in 2016.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I am not condoning war. Of course it is horrible.

A strong military is a DETERRENT. The military is there to protect us. That is why they volunteer. They don't just volunteer to sit in a barracks. They understand this when they volunteer. I strongly admire the military for the sacrifices they make.

We hope they never have to go to war, but having a strong military, and showing their power to our enemies, is a DETERRENT to terrorism and threats. Right now, our military is decreasing and being defunded.

It is a dangerous world out there, and the dangerous ones should know that we can defend ourselves. We need to keep the dangers from our shores. The alternative is increasing terrorism on our shores, and possibly an insane NK dictator deciding he can shoot a nuke at us. Then there will more innocent blood spilled than our nightmares could imagine.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Sigh....

We will blow the earth up if we get nuked....

Or invaded for that matter....

With ICBM's, Ballistic missile nuclear subs, bombers etc...

I would not worry so much about that...

That is why D.C is so screwed up...

Their is no balance...

edit on 8 18 2015 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

Which is exactly why we need to prevent it from happening in the first place.
By stopping North Korea, Iran, etc, from having nukes in the first place.
Our current administration has been failing miserably at this.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I understand you and I don't want war either, and simultaneously I understand there are times when we must rise to the occasion.

If it makes you feel any better, the perception of our "weakness" is probably not as widespread as you think.

The global community is acutely aware that we can kick ass from Pyongyang to Baghdad if we want to. At the moment, we are simply choosing not to. People are aware of that I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
A leader surrounds themselves with the very best talent necessary to carry out and supervise a project, and then they delegate.

There is no one person that understands the intricacies and details of everything going on in the world, as well as in this country. However, this is the way it needs to be organized. There is 2-way respect here, and I believe Trump has the ability to create it.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

It is inevitable..

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

well thank god your not in charge.

Trump has no experience in politics what so ever...

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76

well thank god your not in charge.

Trump has no experience in politics what so ever...

Like there is no politics in business? I think he has already proven that he understands politics very well.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

A bit of a generality there, old boy. I'm sure not all Christians hold those views...a very few actually.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

LOL maybe broken American politics, kiddo...

He understands it is corrupt.. Of course you cannot lie to a liar...

Anyhow you might be right...

I do not really care who is President in 2016... Nothing is going to change....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join