It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump is the best chance this country has to change Washington

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Trump's town hall discussion is amazing. Every time I hear this guy talk, I have more hope for our country.
We NEED Trump to be our president. As the title of this thread says, he is our "best hope".

Are all of the doubters on this thread taking the time to actually listen to him?

Trump just now answered a question asked above. A young boy asked him: "if it is so hard to be president, why do you want to be president".
Trump said that was probably the best question he would be asked all night.
His answer - because he loves America, and wants to make it great. Then he pointed at the child, and said "It's for you..", because if the country continues on the path it is on, by the time you are our age, it will not be an attractive place.

This is what I get from Trump along. He seems really serious about his intentions - which are to make America great again.
edit on 8/19/15 by BlueAjah because: added

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Are all of the doubters on this thread taking the time to actually listen to him?

See that is what I think actually makes us doubt him.
Because he says the same stuff over and over again with no actual plans.
Just " I'm Trump and I say what I want when I want!"
And people just eat that up.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: BlueAjah

See that is what I think actually makes us doubt him.
Because he says the same stuff over and over again with no actual plans.
Just " I'm Trump and I say what I want when I want!"
And people just eat that up.

It's the Obama "hope and change" all over again.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

At least barry had some substance,well kinda, in his rhetoric.
Makes sense that people fell for him, he actually said he was going to do stuff and the stuff made sense.
He just never followed through with it.

Not just piss people off and then cry about it on social media.
Oh and talk about building a wall with a door.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Why wouldn't he? Don't hate the player, hate the game.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
politicians are great arent they?
always throwing all this "hope" around.
it feels like christmas!

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I was going to actually post what i thought but after reading through this thing it's obviously saturated with paid anti-trump people. kinda hilarious to read.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Let's go this route,

If Trump is elected, and doesn't follow through, well he just soiled his brand then, didn't he?

I actually believe that if Trump is elected, we've thrown a saddle on him then, since he's going to do what he said he was going to do, for the shear fact that if he doesn't, he won't be able to say " I told you so " and bank off his brand.

Trump created a product to sell, it's himself, it's different from the passed presidents, most serve and disappear. If you think he will do the same, then you don't know Trump.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well, Donald Trump says he can't be bought but his campaign HAS taken some donations.

To replace current ridiculousness in Washington with more ridiculousness from Donald Trump isn't the answer.

His only policy paper that he's released so far violates so many different laws and treaties that it's impossible to figure out which one it will fail on first.

Donald Trump will ignore the Constitution (he's already shown that on his first position paper), will ignore international treaties (has already said he'll basically ignore NAFTA and trade deals with China and Japan), and will start wars in places like Iran just to prove a point.

He'll be a complete disaster on the diplomatic front, as he'll try and dictate policy to countries and that won't work.

Anyone who thinks he has all the answers for America has been blinded by his half billion dollar campaign.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
a reply to: WeRpeons

You can't be serious. Corporate America controls Washington now. Who do you think these Politicians are going to for money? Again, people have to wake up. The system is CORRUPT. Clinton, Bush and the rest of them are bought and paid for.

And that's the whole thing right there! They are bought and paid for...Trump would at the very least require significantly larger resources to "buy", and thus it may not even be possible.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Well, Donald Trump says he can't be bought but his campaign HAS taken some donations.

To replace current ridiculousness in Washington with more ridiculousness from Donald Trump isn't the answer.

Of course its not the answer; but until the American people step up and make meaningful changes...it may have to do.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This topic is extremely laughable. No offense, but if you can't see what's going we are seriously doomed.

Take a step back in time to 1992.
#dreamsequence
Ross Perot was a billionaire tycoon that made tons of money off government contracts, much like Trump's family money came from gov't subsidized public housing.

Trump is Ross Perot 2.0, he is only in the game to ensure victory for one person - Hillary Clinton. In 1992 Bill Clinton wouldn't have won had Ross Perot not run. Perot sucked enough votes from the GOP to ensure Clinton's victory.

Now, before all you GOP blowhards get riled up... guess what? ...that was the plan the whole time. Yep. Elections are rigged and you will watch this next cycle as a very similar thing happens.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
Let's go this route,

If Trump is elected, and doesn't follow through, well he just soiled his brand then, didn't he?

I actually believe that if Trump is elected, we've thrown a saddle on him then, since he's going to do what he said he was going to do, for the shear fact that if he doesn't, he won't be able to say " I told you so " and bank off his brand.

Trump created a product to sell, it's himself, it's different from the passed presidents, most serve and disappear. If you think he will do the same, then you don't know Trump.

Like anyone in the presidency he's not after the common person. That's not even who his business demographic is. He's after lucrative government contracts in the future and big spenders. It takes 4000 people who spend $500 per year at one of his establishments to equal a single person who makes a 2 million dollar contract.

He also hasn't yet come up with a single viable plan. If we want to talk politics Fiorina is also a business professional and she is very well acquainted with diplomacy and selling things to voters. Trump has always been the "my way or highway" sort of CEO.

Trump is not equipped to be a politician, he doesn't know the meaning of compromise or diplomacy.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418
And that's the whole thing right there! They are bought and paid for...Trump would at the very least require significantly larger resources to "buy", and thus it may not even be possible.

Really? What happens when Trump spends 2 billion dollars on his campaign, and the shares in his company that he sold to fund it were purchased by Russia? Is he going to be able to craft a policy that's tough on Russia? If he does they'll dump his shares, crash the price, and he'll be personally ruined overnight. Someone like Walker who is looking like he's going to get a billion dollars in funding can ruin himself professionally by going against those business interests, but he'll be just fine personally.

In many ways Trump is more vulnerable because he's beholden to anyone willing to purchase shares in his businesses to fund his campaign.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
In my own opinion, ( and that paints a giant "KICK ME!" sign on my back =P ) Trump is just what we need right now. He's arrogant, brash, vain, and has a zero personality, but he is what we need.
He understands the policies of money.
Say what you want, chastise me, belittle, tell me I'm stupid, it won't change my mind.
I know he's an asshole, but he's what we need.

First time posting under this account. Hi!!

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bazinga
In my own opinion, ( and that paints a giant "KICK ME!" sign on my back =P ) Trump is just what we need right now. He's arrogant, brash, vain, and has a zero personality, but he is what we need.
He understands the policies of money.
Say what you want, chastise me, belittle, tell me I'm stupid, it won't change my mind.
I know he's an asshole, but he's what we need.

First time posting under this account. Hi!!

Can you expand on this? Where has Trump said anything about monetary policy? The closest I've seen him come is that he likes our approach to reducing inflation in the early 80's which involved changing how CPI was calculated, which is likely the cause of our current wage problems.

Or perhaps what you actually mean his tax policy such as in 1999 when he proposed eliminating the national debt through a one time near 15% confiscation of funds starting with the richest and going down until enough was taken? Not all that different from what happened in Cyprus.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
a reply to: neoholographic

Just wanted to chime in and say "great thread." You summed it up perfectly and Trump trounces the rest of the field in what America really needs...no more politicians! He's more a real folk than any of them and that's why he is gaining momentum every day and will be unstoppable. The MSM and the corrupt political machine and corporate America are terrified because this may be a freight train of "real change" they may not be able to stop!

S&F and thanks for some good information you bring to light in your OP.

Umm, what makes Trump "not a politician"? He's publicly flirted with running for President of the USA in 1988, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012, and now for 2016. Is he "not a politician" because he couldn't get enough support to get party nominations? Or because he says he may run, then pulls out when he loses the initial bump in popularity from flirting w/running?

I think him pretending to run for president is just a part of his way of doing business. Just as utility companies plan for a surge in demand every winter, Trump plans for a boost in status/credibility every presidential election cycle. It's almost like people forget he's also in the show business.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: Rezlooper
a reply to: neoholographic

Just wanted to chime in and say "great thread." You summed it up perfectly and Trump trounces the rest of the field in what America really needs...no more politicians! He's more a real folk than any of them and that's why he is gaining momentum every day and will be unstoppable. The MSM and the corrupt political machine and corporate America are terrified because this may be a freight train of "real change" they may not be able to stop!

S&F and thanks for some good information you bring to light in your OP.

Umm, what makes Trump "not a politician"? He's publicly flirted with running for President of the USA in 1988, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012, and now for 2016. Is he "not a politician" because he couldn't get enough support to get party nominations? Or because he says he may run, then pulls out when he loses the initial bump in popularity from flirting w/running?

I think him pretending to run for president is just a part of his way of doing business. Just as utility companies plan for a surge in demand every winter, Trump plans for a boost in status/credibility every presidential election cycle. It's almost like people forget he's also in the show business.

You claim he couldn't get his party's nomination, but how can that be if he only "flirted" with running for president. This is actually his first time. He may have played around in the past but he is obviously serious this time around and he won't be stopping until he is either defeated, or in the White House.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant
This topic is extremely laughable. No offense, but if you can't see what's going we are seriously doomed.

Take a step back in time to 1992.
#dreamsequence
Ross Perot was a billionaire tycoon that made tons of money off government contracts, much like Trump's family money came from gov't subsidized public housing.

Trump is Ross Perot 2.0, he is only in the game to ensure victory for one person - Hillary Clinton. In 1992 Bill Clinton wouldn't have won had Ross Perot not run. Perot sucked enough votes from the GOP to ensure Clinton's victory.

Now, before all you GOP blowhards get riled up... guess what? ...that was the plan the whole time. Yep. Elections are rigged and you will watch this next cycle as a very similar thing happens.

I believe you are right, but this plan only works if the GOP establishment leaders disrespect Trump and alter the game in anyway, then Trump, as he has said, will run as an independent. Good for him. Don't take no crap from the GOP moderates and that's Trump's attitude. He said he will only run if they don't treat him fairly, which I bet they will now, and then he if he is defeated fairly in the GOP race, I doubt he'll run an independent campaign. So, no, there's no plan to help HIllary. Besides, Hillary's ship is sinking and fast, leaving either Biden or Bernie to take on Trump.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I'm voting for the Trump. I'm tired of seeing spineless people getting elected and being afraid of doing what's needed to save this country.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join