It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump is the best chance this country has to change Washington

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
To me, this is more important than any other issue. When you say Washington this means the CORRUPT political system. This just can't last and I truly worry about my children and nephews because the corruption is so upfront and blatant but people are still blindly cheering on corrupt Politicians.

Hitler said:

"People are generally stupid, you repeat the same slogans again and again and they will eventually believe it."

He also said:

"It's a fortunate thing for Governments that the people don't thin."

Politicians are controlled by money. The American voter and the American people are secondary to donors, special interest and lobbyist and this is just reaching a critical level. We're 18 trillion dollars in debt and the lying, corrupt Politicians are just thirsty for ways to get more money to waste and spend.

I think Trump has hit a chord because he highlights this. Honestly, I don't think Trump will be elected. There's no way the establishment will let this happen. The establishment also includes donors, lobbyist and special interest groups. They control Politicians and they're not going to give up this control.

Trump talks about H-1B Visas and how Zuckerberg is buying up Politicians to support more of these things which hurt the American worker. You have companies firing people to replace them with cheaper labor through H-1B Visas. You have people like Bush, Rubio ans surprisingly Cruz supporting this. Of course the Politicians will convince the American people that this is a great thing.

Zuckerberg is one of the leading tech executives who has called for a more open immigration policy. Specifically, he wants to make more H-1B visas available to tech employers so they can hire foreign skilled workers.

Trump said he wants to require employers to pay H-1B workers much more money, which he said would discourage companies from hiring them and boost job prospects for Americans. He also wants to have tech jobs offered to unemployed Americans before they can be filled by workers with H-1B visas.

"This will improve the number of black, Hispanic and female workers in Silicon Valley who have been passed over in favor of the H-1B program. Mark Zuckerberg's personal Senator, Marco Rubio, has a bill to triple H-1Bs that would decimate women and minorities," Trump wrote in his immigration plan. Rubio is also seeking the Republican nomination for president.

money.cnn.com...

Here's the recipe.

You buy up Politicians then these Politicians will come up with ways to sell these things to the American people.

This happened with the real estate crash. The multi-national banks bought up Politicians to sell to the American people that "everyone deserves the American dream of buying a home." So if you complained about this you were either called a racist or you hated poor people. So they eased underwriting standards and people who never paid a bill in their life could get home loans. I worked in the industry at the time as a mortgage broker/real estate investor and it was like giving out candy.

Of course this had nothing to do with "everyone deserves the American dream of buying a home." It had everything to do with multi-national banks wanting to write more credit default swaps and then the housing collapsed and the crooked Politicians had the nerve to act outraged when they knew they were accomplices.

The Government has been basically printing money and giving it to multi-nationals and they park that money overseas but of course Politicians will say "this is to save America."

There's a report out today on Politico how Politicians are now using Oil to print up more money by inflating the price of oil per barrel.

This summer, Congress's budget gimmick of choice appears to be selling oil from America’s Strategic Petroleum Reserve. Senators of both parties, including Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.), want to sell oil from America’s Strategic Petroleum Reserve to pay for new roads and bridges. Meanwhile, the House passed a bill to fund $5.4 billion in medical research by selling 64 million barrels.

Sounds great, right? Oil America might not need, funding programs it does need—and Congress gets to stay within its own guidelines to cover any new spending with corresponding cuts or revenues.

But there are plenty of problems with the idea, including a big one that Capitol Hill appears to be ignoring. As POLITICO's Elana Schor recently pointed out, the DRIVE Act assumes a price of $89 per barrel. The Cures act assumes a price of $84 per barrel.

The current world price: Less than $45 per barrel.

But for now, selling oil from America’s reserves appears to yield billions of dollars of imaginary money — and don’t expect anyone on Capitol Hill to complain about that.

www.politico.com...

So basically they want to increase the amount per barrel and print up the difference and of course the American people will have to pay for this.

So Trump is right. The Political system in Washington is CORRUPT TO THE CORE but he will not get elected because there's too much money and power at stake.

Look, Trump isn't perfect but it's not about perfect it's about a corrupt system that's getting worse.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
" I Will be Open & Transparent"

"Hope & Change"

Remember that?

Same crap. Different year.

Jude

edit on 18-8-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Instead I would say Donald Trump is the best candidate to start World War III and give more power and influence to corporate America. God help us all if voters in this country can't see past his ignorance of government and world affairs.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
And are we supposed to believe that a man who admits to taking advantage of that corruption for profit will somehow be different when he is elected office?

To make changes in DC we have to elect representatives, not just a president, that think differently and talk differently. Trump is not saying anything different that others, he's just ruder about it.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Politics is like a "game". Often a dirty "game". And now it's global.

You want WWIII, elect King Trump. He dictates like a bully. He's not a "game" player.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Sheesh.

Trump as President is like Anakin Skywalker bringing balance to the Force.

Not sure if it's a good idea.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Instead I would say Donald Trump is the best candidate to start World War III and give more power and influence to corporate America. God help us all if voters in this country can't see past his ignorance of government and world affairs.

Looks like we were thinking along the same lines.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

You can't be serious. Corporate America controls Washington now. Who do you think these Politicians are going to for money? Again, people have to wake up. The system is CORRUPT. Clinton, Bush and the rest of them are bought and paid for.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Yeah, let's put the fox in charge of the hen house, that will fix it for sure.

It's not the establishment that's going to keep Trump out of the White House.

It's the fact that the majority of American voters aren't ignorant enough to buy the line of bigoted garbage he's selling.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

You can't be serious. Corporate America controls Washington now. Who do you think these Politicians are going to for money? Again, people have to wake up. The system is CORRUPT. Clinton, Bush and the rest of them are bought and paid for.

But can you truthfully say the same thing about Bernie Sanders?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Hmmm, the same left-wing argument used when Reagan ran for office..."HE WILL START WWIII"...yeah right...guffaw.

I haven't been particularly supporting Trump, but listening the left's old spin, perhaps I'd better reconsider.....

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

They're all bought and paid for. Any who don't tow the line, end up 6 feet under the ground, or humiliated so badly, their career is over. I wouldn't want to vote for any man or woman who would run for political office. If they're running for office, they're already borderline psychopaths.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Hmmm, the same left-wing argument used when Reagan ran for office..."HE WILL START WWIII"...yeah right...guffaw.

I haven't been particularly supporting Trump, but listening the left's old spin, perhaps I'd better reconsider.....

Many of us in CA are still wondering how Reagan ever got elected. Everyone I knew thought he was a joke.

He was a Democrat up until 1962.

And BTW I was a Republican for 40 years ----- until they went insane.

edit on 18-8-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
And are we supposed to believe that a man who admits to taking advantage of that corruption for profit will somehow be different when he is elected office?

To make changes in DC we have to elect representatives, not just a president, that think differently and talk differently. Trump is not saying anything different that others, he's just ruder about it.

I think that you would be hard pressed to find any elected official in Washington (Congressman, Senator, VP, President), or Cabinet-level person who has not...and does not...take advantage of the "system" for their own personal gain. Pork Barrel politics, kick-backs, favours, back-room dealings are the very reason most politicians run for office in the first place.

Trump happens to know first hand how these things work, because he has followed these unwritten - but standard practice - systems in order to facilitate his business dealings. He has donated millions to politicians of every stripe, in the knowledge that when he needs something pushed through, he has paid in advance...and only needs to make a phone call.

If you watched the Meet the Press interview on the weekend...he came right out and said that Bush and Clinton are mere "puppets" for the people who have donated hundreds of millions to them! When was the last time you heard a guy who was running for office, speak so plainly about what people are going to get when they cast their vote for any other politician?.

Trump is not taking donations (as far as I understand things), and is planning to spend $1 billion of his own money on his campaign to make sure he is not beholden to any of the special interests. Can you name anybody else who, if elected President, will be so free to follow his own course without undue influence?

I think that it is a pipe-dream to hope that magically America will be able to elect a Congress free of individuals who will make decisions based on their own personal motives...and the motives of these pulling their strings.

Every prospective President says that he will be able to work with "both sides of the aisle", and will be a "uniter, not a divider"...but partisan gridlock always ensues.

Maybe, just maybe, a guy like Trump actually understands what strings need to be pulled with the politicians he will have to deal with (hint: he will know how to pull the strings of the people pulling the strings), in order to get the votes needed within Congress to move forward on important issues - instead of in circles, as has become the status quo.

edit on 18-8-2015 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

If it's a choice between Hillary and Trump, I will vote for Trump.

If it's a choice between Bernie and Trump. . . . . . . eeesh.

Too tough to call. Also too early to be picking a winner in this beauty pageant.

They haven't even done the swimsuit competition yet.

link   
When you think about it, there are only two types of people that could get Washington cleaned up from its corrupt cronyism. Someone whose moral compass is too strong to be bought off (like a Ted Cruz) or someone so wealthy he/she can't be bought off. If a candidate has both, that would be even better.

+3 more 
link   

Look, Trump isn't perfect but it's not about perfect it's about a corrupt system that's getting worse.

So you think a person that is corrupt like Trump will fix the corruption? He has admitted to using lobbyist to get what he wanted so he is part of the problem.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

All of those coming from a guy who said he buys politicians, can be bought and used the cheap labor he says he wants to get rid of.

Why do people think he is so different.
edit on thTue, 18 Aug 2015 12:29:08 -0500America/Chicago820150880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The only hope we have is a congress made up of one rep
for every 30,000 people . Which is what it was supposed to be originally.
That would make 10,000 reps in congress, but if we did it by the book
and there were zero corporate influence we would flourish.
We the people would have to directly "ok" the trillions that are
drained by the MIC and black budgets. Until then they are robbing us
daily.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

That's interesting, I lived in Ca. for 20 years. I was a Democrat until Reagan. He was a bit more polite than you though.

His statement was "I didn't leave the Democrat Party. The Democrat Party left me".

Having seen the results of the successors to Reagan in Ca. since his day. The sheer disaster that Ca. is now...?

It's not our 'sanity' that needs questioning....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join