It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly 40,000 demand South Carolina remove slave memorial because it ‘shames’ whites

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

By the way on the Harvard thing.

BBC

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Truth time before your god:

Are you really saying that you believe that White people in the United States do not enjoy social and economic privilege today, and have not done so historically?

Yes or no will do. Thank you kindly.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: seeker1963

I understand the refugee crisis in the EU. What does that have to do with diversity?

What do you think is happening here?

The US is taking in refugees on a daily basis! Take a gander at Minneapolis! The info is out there and I sure as hell am not going to spoon feed you!

Look it up!

Odd as hell that under the United Nations we can bring in refugees from other countries, set them up with homes, welfare, train them for jobs, yet how many homeless citizens do we have in this country?
edit on 18-7-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

So we should eject all non-whites from our country and our Constitution?

Gotta love the extreme emotional over-reaction of the left. How about treating everyone the same?

Awesome!

Liberals and Democrats have been there for at least 50 years; glad to see the Republicans and Libertarians are getting on board finally!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

You have to remember that for many here, their opinions are truth, if they believe it, then it's fact.

That's why any sort of reasonable discussion can be so tedious here. So many have forgotten (or never knew) the basic idea of reasonable debate: if a claim is made that is not commonly accepted knowledge, the claimant is responsible for backing it up.

I see you also have a bloody spot on your forehead ...

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
White genocide, lulz.

This gets funnier and funnier.

Genocide isn't funny...

But seeing as this "genocide" is really just a nonexistent fable ubiquitously told by butt hurt white supremacists, it's hilarious.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Last time... what does immigration legal or illegal, have to do with diversity????

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

That's my vote!

Be respectful and kind to everyone you meet.

Treat others well, and compliment people who are extra nice, or patient, or kind, or helpful.

Treat everyone the same, what a far right and truly heinous concept!

Treat everyone the same?

So,for example, sell a wedding cake to whomever comes into your wedding cake baking shop with the means to pay?

What a GREAT IDEA! We've been saying this same thing for years!

I'm glad you had a breakthrough, Gma.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Meh! lol

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
All is fair in love and war.

The people who are supporting this (while idiots) did not start this nonsense or war on common sense.

Turnabouts fair play.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Let's sum up these 7 pages...

There are some people here who honestly equate removal of a traitor's racist flag (per it's designer) to the removal of a memorial to slaves (scarcely honoured nation builders)...

Sometimes I wonder if I hold ATS' membership in too high a regard.
edit on 18-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I don't think people actually want to learn from their mistakes.

I honestly believe they enjoy repeating them, just hoping for a different outcome.

What's that saying. . . something about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

The definition of insanity..............the gubnent does it a lot.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: NavyDoc

So we should eject all non-whites from our country and our Constitution?

Gotta love the extreme emotional over-reaction of the left. How about treating everyone the same?

Awesome!

Liberals and Democrats have been there for at least 50 years; glad to see the Republicans and Libertarians are getting on board finally!

Come to my house. I will feed you ethnic food and take you shooting.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

a reply to: NavyDoc

Diversity... we are all different. How do you propose we go about treating everyone the same despite our differences?

Simply by treating everyone the same.its only hard for commie social justice warriors.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Truth time before your god:

Are you really saying that you believe that White people in the United States do not enjoy social and economic privilege today, and have not done so historically?

Yes or no will do. Thank you kindly.

in 2015, there's no such thing, anyone blaming "white privilege" is just making excuses for their s#itty decisions. I work in a business that puts me in contact with some of the most successful people in my area, and I know plenty of black AMERICANS holding GREAT jobs, with great educations. Vice Presidents, CEO's, etc. etc. Time for people to quit blaming others for their deficiencies, and take responsibility for their own lives. YOU LIVE IN AMERICA WHERE ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE, WE'RE ALL PRIVILEGED.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I was responding to a post in which the poster seemed to sneer at diversity as if it's a bad thing. Is asking for clarity a bad thing? I could have misinterpreted and I won't know unless I ask.

I'm all for treating everyone the same. How do you propose we go about getting there?

The left defines "diversity" as an arbitrary concept based only on skin color. In medical school an Eurasian kid not apply because Asians were not considered minorities under diversity. Black students were given consideration under diversity due to "historical prejudice." So, while I took the bus to school my African American colleagues drove in their BMWs because they had doctors for parents and went to the most prestigious prep schools but because of the amount of melanin in their skin,they got special consideration.

Thus the hypocrisy of the American left.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
History is not always going to be politically correct, and it will probably always offend someone. I think that it is best to leave it alone and not try to rewrite it, especially when it comes to destroying monuments and digging up graves.
edit on 18pmSat, 18 Jul 2015 18:41:01 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

But people aren't treated the same by the government nor by common everyday folks so what now? Ignore it?
edit on 7/18/2015 by Kali74 because: uh-oh

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

But people aren't treated the same by the government nor by common everyday folks so what now? Ignore it? Or encourage it like reich wing fascists?

You are right. the government dos not treat everyone equally. African Americans get special treatment by our government. Of course you find that racism offensive? Yes?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ElementalistDivide and conquer is what this regime is doing.

You hit the nail on the head.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join