It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly 40,000 demand South Carolina remove slave memorial because it ‘shames’ whites

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It's official. This country has gone full-on retard. If this is true. Well, even if it isn't.

arly 40,000 people have signed onto a petition to remove the African-American Monument from the South Carolina statehouse grounds after a Confederate flag was taken down.

The flag was moved in 2000 from the statehouse dome to a Confederate Soldier’s Monument nearby, and a monument to the state’s black history was built the following year as part of the legislative agreement over the tribute to the Confederacy.

The petition’s author, Keith Harmon, said the flag should not have been removed in response to the massacre of nine black churchgoers by a white supremacist who posed for photos with Confederate symbols. [Source]

To this I say the same thing as I said about Stone Mountain...history, good or bad, remember nd learn from it. Not the same as that stupid flag thing at all. Just a bunch of sore losers who can't fathom the depths of what truly compares to what.

If already posted...delete away.

edit on 7/18/2015 by ~Lucidity because: because my phone doesn't scroll the text box right.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Looks like the controllers and their media tool has worked on the masses again.

Hypnotized sheep will never see past their controllers intention, reptitivly repeating the same insanity rather stand up and fix things themselves.

Wish I had media control! Could brainwash and hypnotize the masses to be loving, caring, and not give two sh#ts about flags, skin, or belief. ..

40, 000 people have fed the artificial machine

edit on 18-7-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Wanna buy a satellite and beam things at people? I'm in!

+83 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I think it is because white people are sick and tired
of being blamed for everything under the sun
of being constantly shamed by the media
of being constantly told they are evil for being born white and "privileged"

This is simply a reaction to all of the above.

An overreaction, but what I think is the reason behind this overreaction.

+49 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Let's make a bronze statue of a homosexual black man draped in the confederate flag-some folk will be too confused to be outraged.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
Looks like the controllers and their media tool has worked on the masses again.

Hypnotized sheep will never see past their controllers intention, reptitivly repeating the same insanity rather stand up and fix things themselves.

Wish I had media control! Could brainwash and hypnotize the masses to be loving, caring, and not give two sh#ts about flags, skin, or belief. ..

40, 000 people have fed the artificial machine

No that I can agree with...

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

What's good for the goose is good for the gander?

Full retard on behalf of BOTH sides who do not fathom the meaning of freedom?

+23 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Just a bunch of sore losers who can't fathom the depths of what truly compares to what.

Agreed. I don't really want to say what I feel about this story. It's just too nasty. Even for me.

originally posted by: grandmakdw
I think it is because white people are sick and tired
of being blamed for everything under the sun
of being constantly shamed by the media
of being constantly told they are evil for being born white and "privileged"

I'm white and not only do I NOT get blamed for everything under the sun, I'm not sick and tired of anything... I have never been shamed by the media, nor have I been told that I am evil for being born white and privileged...

And I would NEVER sign such a stupid petition!

Jeez, what kind of media are you listening to?

edit on 7/18/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

I'm kind of beige-y pink myself, and pretty mocha in the summer, so I dunno.
edit on 7/18/2015 by ~Lucidity because: i even spelled beige wrong.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

What's good for the goose is good for the gander?

Full retard on behalf of BOTH sides who do not fathom the meaning of freedom?

That's kinda the meaning of full?

And my point exactly. Where's all this going to get us?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Or...with luck, just laugh at ourselves.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
To second another poster:

I'm white, and I'm not "sick and tired" of being blamed "for everything under the sun."

I've never felt shamed by the media.

I've never had anyone tell me that I'm evil because of the color of my skin.

Well, "white" ... I had a Black great-great-grandmother, a Mexican great-grandfather, and some Cherokee mixed in according to family legend (like everyone else in the South).

Perhaps we should be more careful about general comments and for letting our own personal beliefs speak for oh, I don't know, 210 million other people?

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

How does a memorial to people who died as slaves equate to a flag that was brought back in the 50s in support of opposition to segregation again?

+30 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Bob Costas Wants MSNBC To Stop Blaming White People For ‘Issues Afflicting Black America’
thedailybanter.com...

New MTV Show Hosted by Illegal Alien Shames ‘White People’ for What They’ve ‘Done’ in America
toprightnews.com...

Too Much Or Too Real? Incoming Black Professor Says White Males Are The Problem For America’s Colleges
madamenoire.com...

Why do blacks blame the white man for EVERYTRHING?????
www.topix.com...

Chris Rock Says All White People Are Responsible For Their Father's Racism and should not be allowed to inherit money
lastresistance.com...
www.inquisitr.com...
cons.com/famous-comedian-thinks-its-unfair-for-white-people-to/

It is the constant barrage of headlines like these
that the people in South Carolina
are over reacting to.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Watching this debacle from London is too funny, sorry to laugh cousins, but it truly is as an outsider, unfathomable nonsense.

How deranged and borderline racist do you have to be to project your inadequacies onto others then demanding a slave memorial should be removed... And then playing the victim...

Call it playing the race card all you like...

But it's true. Undeniably.

Edit: "White shaming" lulz.

If a person chooses to be offended, a person chooses to be ashamed...

Simple.
edit on 18-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Peter Schiff: " We Are All Slaves! " ...plus some Civil War facts that are not being vigorously promoted by America's "elite" NWO social engineers.

Confederate False Flag! ...if you don't see it as a deceptive diversion that's been dishonestly devised by the ruling "elite" to help divide this country, then you may need to have your eyes examined.

edit on 18-7-2015 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Please laugh, Charlie. The alternative is just too unsavory to think about on a beautiful Saturday, eh?

And ya know, I;m not sure it's even racism. It's a bunch of goofballs who are in no way representative of the nation as a whole who didn't get their way or get people to agree with them making a lot of noise that other goofballs then find it convenient or necessary, for whatever reasons they have (monetary, control, feeling like they're part of a team or club or something) to repeat.
edit on 7/18/2015 by ~Lucidity because: noise got me

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: seeker1963

How does a memorial to people who died as slaves equate to a flag that was brought back in the 50s in support of opposition to segregation again?

They do not equate at all.

It is an overreaction to constantly being
blamed for everything wrong in society
and for all the problems that black people have.

(see my post above)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
Bob Costas Wants MSNBC To Stop Blaming White People For ‘Issues Afflicting Black America’
thedailybanter.com...

New MTV Show Hosted by Illegal Alien Shames ‘White People’ for What They’ve ‘Done’ in America
toprightnews.com...

Too Much Or Too Real? Incoming Black Professor Says White Males Are The Problem For America’s Colleges
madamenoire.com...

Why do blacks blame the white man for EVERYTRHING?????
www.topix.com...

Chris Rock Says All White People Are Responsible For Their Father's Racism and should not be allowed to inherit money
lastresistance.com...
www.inquisitr.com...
cons.com/famous-comedian-thinks-its-unfair-for-white-people-to/

It is the constant barrage of headlines like these
that the people in South Carolina
are over reacting to.

So ... to summarize ...

1. One media personality who happens to be a White guy has an opinion
2. An MTV show is controversial
3. One professor makes a name for himself with a notorious statement
4. A link to a forum post on another site (against T&C here?) shows that people have different opinions about things.
5. A comedian shares his opinion and makes the news

Did that cover it? Giving the benefit of the doubt, I count three individuals, maybe 100 people on the TV show, and maybe 30 on the forum?

What about the other 209,999,867 White people you claim feel as you do?
edit on 11Sat, 18 Jul 2015 11:22:39 -050015p112015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

But we aren't. We, White people, are not blamed for everything, or are we blamed for all of the problems that Black people have.

You're exaggerating and projecting your personal opinion onto the rest of us.

(see my post above)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join