It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly 40,000 demand South Carolina remove slave memorial because it ‘shames’ whites

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Irishhaf

Not a fan of President Obama then?

Aren't you glad you live in a country that is not headed by a tyrant, in which you have the freedom of speech to say whatever you want?

You cant say what you want here anymore. SUre you can say what you will but you also can go to jail for it. SO its not actually free speech.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Aren't you glad you live in a country that is not headed by a tyrant, in which you have the freedom of speech to say whatever you want?

You cant say what you want here anymore. SUre you can say what you will but you also can go to jail for it. SO its not actually free speech.

Example?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Example?

Saying something like I hope someone kills(insert name here). Lying(which should be covered under free speech) Yelling fire,bomb,or cursing in public. Interrupting a politician at a town hall to argue with them.(possibly getting tased or beaten)
If we absolutely support free speech we have to allow this. Speaking out at a town council meeting has also been done.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Saying "that was the Bomb" to your friend at the airport, or even on twitter, at the airport, iirc.

saying "no" to a police officer (might get ya shot if he is having a bad day)

saying the president needs to be (removed, shot, hung out to dry) could get a visit from the secret service....

the police are allowed to lie to you......

the federal government is allowed to lie to you......

if you lie to either of them, you get incarcerated.

hows that for freedom of speech?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Lying, what under oath? On your taxes? What is "free" about lying?

You believe you should be able to yell "fire!" or "bomb!" in a public venue with no repercussions?

Cursing in public? When, where?

Well, yes, if we imagine that the words "freedom of speech" don't have a specific Constitutional meaning and mean whatever you want them to, then yes, I suppose "freedom of speech" would mean those things as well.

No Constitutional freedom enacts a right to do harm. Not speech, religion, the press, assembly or any other right.

Basic Civics 101.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

See above.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Can you give specific examples of "White pople being socially abused in so many ways"? Like, media quotes, political speeches, unjust laws, a rash of Black cops gunning down White youth ... if there are so many examples, surely you can offer us a couple? With citations?

PS: Quoting right-wingnut websites that make the same empty claims is not providing references.

I am not here to answer your demands, I am here to give my opinion. People inside this thread have already provided plenty of examples, but you just ignore them. Did Obama speak out about the young Women that was murdered in front of her Father in SF by an illegal? Nope, well why not? You see, he only speaks out when the victims are not White.

Oh and I don't link to right-wingnut websites, nor mentally deranged Liberal websites for that matter. Any time a crime is committed, if the criminal is white, they say so. If they are Black, then the media plays stupid and doesn't mention their race. If the victim is White, you won't hear about that either, but if it's White or a law enforcement officer on black, it makes the front page.

Here I will add this horrible story too that was barely covered by the mainstream media, they have even removed the story on the few News websites that it was covered once on. Point is, you don't hear about it, and it's much more horrible than an idiot going for a police officer's firearm and paying the price for it.

Then the mindless morons destroy their own community, real intelligent. I can't force you to use some commonsense, nor do I care about trying to change your misled beliefs. ~$heopleNation

Knoxville, TN Hate Crime Murders

edit on 20-7-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yup that's why I've served for 18 years and plan on staying in till they push me out...love my country, hate what the politicians on both sides of the aisle are doing to her.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
If you like Coke a Cola then you appreciate a FINE Confederate drink.sans the coc aine of course...
A Lt Col created it. a CAVALRY officer...figures.
edit on 20-7-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

My "demands"? We're having a discussion, I asked you a question. Not a demand.

Don't want to answer; don't answer. No need for silly grandstanding.

You're here to give your opinion, absent any facts? K.

If it's "your opinion" only, then ... so what?

That the President "only speaks out when the victims are not White" is a lie.

See, now, I could leave it at that and you could say, quite rightly "so what" because that's just MY opinion.

However, assuming I'm interested in at least the possibility of a fruitful discussion: Source

President Barack Obama offered the condolences of the American people to the families of four Marines who were killed in an attack on two military facilities in Chattanooga Thursday morning, and vowed an "thorough and prompt" investigation.

Who were these four Marines?

The military earlier released the names of the four Marines killed Thursday -- Thomas Sullivan, a native of Hampden, Massachusetts; Squire "Skip" Wells, a native of Marietta, Georgia; David Wyatt, a native of Burke, North Carolina; and Carson Holmquist of Grantsburg, Wisconsin.

All four of whom are White men. You can use Google Images to discover that.

So ... were you mistaken, or just misrepresenting the truth when you claimed that Obama only speaks out when the victims aren't White.

Pfft. Who cares about your "opinion" ... you're clearly another partisan that wants desperately to appear non-partisan.

Walk like a duck; talk like a duck.

Quack quack.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Yup that's why I've served for 18 years and plan on staying in till they push me out...love my country, hate what the politicians on both sides of the aisle are doing to her.

We really are not that far apart in that.

Thank you for your service. Keep your head down.

link   

AS HE is QUITE well known for after all.

link   

... what "past crimes of my family" do you think I should be remorseful for? Neither side of my family owned slaves in the American South ... we were carpenters, teachers, preachers and on one side, shopkeepers. But as far as your theory apparently goes ... how far back in history do I need to feel personally responsible for? 100 years, 1000?

That right there is the biggest problem in everyone reaching the point where we can accept each others for who we are, not what color we are, and not what our ancestor's may have done.

If this could become a reality, then maybe we could move on and end the practice of hyphenated American's. If you are born here, naturalized, or working on becoming a part of this country, call yourself an American, and do so with pride.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Most Americans aren't far apart in what they think, we have let extremists from both sides dictate everything for 20+ years...

Till the silent majority finally speak out I believe things will get worse.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

You're absolutely correct!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Lets remo all the monuments in Washington, D.C., as thye are Illumaniti symbols.

Lets remove all monuments to our forefathers as they had a secret agenda for THEIR NATION.

WHERE DO WE DRAW THE LINE?

I say we must educate. We should install signs giving the true background to all monuments that "honor" people, and our past.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

Lying, what under oath? On your taxes? What is "free" about lying?

You believe you should be able to yell "fire!" or "bomb!" in a public venue with no repercussions?

Cursing in public? When, where?

Well, yes, if we imagine that the words "freedom of speech" don't have a specific Constitutional meaning and mean whatever you want them to, then yes, I suppose "freedom of speech" would mean those things as well.

No Constitutional freedom enacts a right to do harm. Not speech, religion, the press, assembly or any other right.

Basic Civics 101.

I didnt SAY lying under oath thats your assertion. I and another poster cited examples but you are ignoring them. I said you are FREE to say those things BUT THEY WILL PUT YOU AWAY FOR SAYING THEM. SO if thats the case you DO NOT HAVE TRUE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

What about the man who got up and was talking to that polotician and got tased a year or so back? ID we had true freedom of speech he would not had been tased.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Aside from all your other blabbering, Of course Obama had to say something about that specific tragedy, all Presidents do when it involves attacks by extremists. So you proved absolutely nothing, and you are pathetically desperate by using that one. It's quite pathetic actually.

Why didn't he speak out about the young Women in San Francisco that was murdered by an illegal in front of her Father? You don't have an answer now do you? You're a hypocrite of the highest order, and nobody cares about your opinion either. So lets stick to the discussion, not who cares about our opinions, no matter how embarrassing yours are. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

sorry, but I have always lived bye the Golden rule. It severed me well in the Marines, as well as "lead by example".
If the government allows lying to the populous, then the populous should have the same rights. I have never and will never accept "do as I say, not as I do" from elected officials or those that represent them. yelling fire in a crowded theater is allegedly wrong, but tptb have been yelling it for 14 years. There are two Major things wrong going on in this country today. lack of mutual respect , and personal responsibility. The advent of "no knock" warrants, secret courts, secret laws all degrade everyone's right to free speech. How so you may say, some folks are not comfortable speaking up in todays climate of fear because they may be misconstrued. a Great example is a 14 year old boy that brought a home made clock to school and was arrested.

link

or this story how is This free speech?

I speak to young folks I work with, they say so what is the big deal, I have nothing to hide. I wonder what they will say in 20 years when things can be manipulated anyway tptb want.

I have a feeling that 1984 (the book) is being used as a outline for our future.

Is it free speech to have Sanctuary cities?

Money has been deemed free speech too, the more Money you have the louder your free speech is...........

and as far as "a rash of black cops gunning down white youth" that is as much a fallacy as a rash of white cops gunning down black youths.

you say speech has consequences so does running from law enforcement, so why is it any different??

I ask you to cite the opposite and using left wing liberal site doesn't cut it either (which cuts out most of the MSM)
edit on 16-9-2015 by thedigirati because: edited for url links showing incorrectly

edit on 16-9-2015 by thedigirati because: clarity

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join