It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly 40,000 demand South Carolina remove slave memorial because it ‘shames’ whites

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: xuenchen
This is an online petition right?

Bet it's a "Chicago Style" petition.

Vote as many times as you want !!!

[ now registering bots too !! ]

DaaaaHaHaHa

RULE 3: “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.

Glenn Beck's favorite author ... Rules for Radicals
glw

He should know being such a radical.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

But according to your own postings, criticizing speech is suppression of free speech so...
edit on 7/18/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

The bigger plan is working fools...........Instead of fighting for liberty and freedom they use the same tactics and mindsets to make a point........FOOLS. Keep it simple.......Keep it honest.......Liberty is universal and pure.

Fighting the problem like this is failure and what TPTB want.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

But according to your own postings, criticizing free speech is suppression of free speech so...

Only in the postings of mine that you or others have tried to suppress.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

So when I disagree with you or someone you support I'm suppressing free speech and being a progressive. When you disagree with someone, you're just exercising your own free speech. Got it.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

So when I disagree with you or someone you support I'm suppressing free speech and being a progressive. When you disagree with someone, you're just exercising your own free speech. Got it.

Well done. I have to say.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

a reply to: grandmakdw

But we aren't. We, White people, are not blamed for everything, or are we blamed for all of the problems that Black people have.

You're exaggerating and projecting your personal opinion onto the rest of us.

(see my post above)

Honestly the government is responsible for the problems of education infrastructure, community policing, job training, job development in urban areas, affordable housing, and as far as public speaking leadership and poverty solvinf initiatives. I wouls also say some of the current so called black leadership or exploitive media hounds. The US government has failed most of the poor of any race. There have been expirements done on blacks like in saint louis, the whole segregation issue etc. Its not like the issue came from nowhere. There have been massive levels of social injustice and you whining about being blamed is just whining. Did you notice the KKK marching in columbia sc? Even with all this I still dont feel guilty or blamed. I just understand the frustration from an anthrolological perspective.

That is what I was doing, explaining the sociology
or if you prefer anthropological reason behind
the petition.

If people took that as whining, so be it.

Backing up with proofs, the sociological phenomenon of
white shaming/blaming is not whining either,
it is simply a matter of anthropological fact.

That is why I kept saying the petition was an over reaction.

Which means for those of you unable to understand,

that the petitioners were wrong to react this way. The
reaction of the petitioners is disproportionate and inappropriate.

But a few responders to posts are so reactionary to any comment
by anyone with whom one historically disagrees with, that
mind and judgement cloud into one of misinterpreting
and overreacting.

But the explanation I gave for the behavior
behind the petition stands, in my opinion.
(a reaction to the unrelenting
white shaming/blaming by the current culture in the US)
Regardless of how anyone else perceives the explanation
in their own mind.

edit on 1Sat, 18 Jul 2015 13:28:46 -0500pm71807pmk186 by grandmakdw because: addition

edit on 1Sat, 18 Jul 2015 13:41:04 -0500pm71807pmk186 by grandmakdw because: addition

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Oh fer pete's sake ...

"Just one flag in South Carolina" ... and soon there's going to be a national genocide against 77% of the population! RUN!

"Just marriage equality" ... and soon all Christians everywhere are going to be kept from praying at gunpoint! FLEE!

Drama queens of the world UNITE!

Looks to many of us that the true drama queens are the ones climbing flagpoles and tearing down flags that are neither their property nor a symbol of slavery. That flag was with a memorial to the Confederate dead, of course it belongs there - it was their flag, not the KKK, Dukes of Hazard or even the Confederate government.

How does that flag equate with slavery when 95% of those soldiers did not own any slaves?

Taking down the flag is allowing a sweeping accusation against the character of dead men who can no longer defend their reputation and honor. Typical cheap political ploy which is far too common these days.
edit on 18-7-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

When you support an ideology that endorses the suppression of free speech, then what is one to assume?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Double trouble
edit on 13Sat, 18 Jul 2015 13:33:09 -050015p012015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Was the Confederate Battle Flag added to the seven Southern State Flags in the 50s as a visual symbol of opposition to segregation ... or not?

Is the presence of the Stars and Bars on the grounds of the SC State house related to that fact historically, or not?

Was it moved to the recent location from the top of the State House, or not?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: luthier

But we aren't. We, White people, are not blamed for everything, or are we blamed for all of the problems that Black people have.

You're exaggerating and projecting your personal opinion onto the rest of us.

(see my post above)

Honestly the government is responsible for the problems of education infrastructure, community policing, job training, job development in urban areas, affordable housing, and as far as public speaking leadership and poverty solvinf initiatives. I wouls also say some of the current so called black leadership or exploitive media hounds. The US government has failed most of the poor of any race. There have been expirements done on blacks like in saint louis, the whole segregation issue etc. Its not like the issue came from nowhere. There have been massive levels of social injustice and you whining about being blamed is just whining. Did you notice the KKK marching in columbia sc? Even with all this I still dont feel guilty or blamed. I just understand the frustration from an anthrolological perspective.

That is what I was doing, explaining the sociology
or if you prefer anthropological reason behind
the petition.

If people took that as whining, so be it.

Backing up with proofs, the sociological phenomenon of
white shaming/blaming is not whining either,
it is simply a matter of anthropological fact.

That is why I kept saying the petition was an over reaction.

Which means for those of you unable to understand,

that the petitioners were wrong to react this way. The
reaction of the petitioners is disproportionate and inappropriate.

But a few responders to posts are so reactionary to any comment
by anyone with whom one historically disagrees with, that
mind and judgement cloud into one of misinterpreting
and overreacting.

But the explanation I gave for the behavior
behind the petition stands, in my opinion.
Regardless of how anyone else perceives the explanation
in their own mind.

Its whining. There is no white shaming. Shame is a feeling. If you feel ashamed that is a feeling. Shaming white people for discussing the fact sociologically or anthropologically that the flag was put up in opposition to the civil rights bill is a fact and was for bigotous reasons. The fact that white power and kkk are a part of it is not shaming its true. The fact that millions of black people are still alive who were part of segregation and jim crow laws is a fact. There is shame in some white peoples behaviour caused. I can deal with a very tepid blame for it and I accept it as history. If people get up in arms about it they probably dont have the ability to put themselves in others shoes and imagine what it would be like. For instance to know that in the 50's and 60's blacks in st louis were having radiation experiments done on them in their own homes. It kind of makes people bitter and quite frankly is shameful.

Is it logical to blame all whites? Of course not. Obviously more than half the white population felt is was wrong. However its naive to not understand and accept the sociological impact and effect of those things.

Take foe instance a white that hates blacks cause he was beat by some blacks as a kid and his father lost his factory jobs to the civil rights bill. Is it right to hate all blacks because of it? No. But it just is a human reaction that if one is not capable of exceptional reasoning skills is a common circumstance..

Should native americans hate all whites? No. Do you understand why they may?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
It's official. This country has gone full-on retard. If this is true. Well, even if it isn't.

arly 40,000 people have signed onto a petition to remove the African-American Monument from the South Carolina statehouse grounds after a Confederate flag was taken down.

The flag was moved in 2000 from the statehouse dome to a Confederate Soldier’s Monument nearby, and a monument to the state’s black history was built the following year as part of the legislative agreement over the tribute to the Confederacy.

The petition’s author, Keith Harmon, said the flag should not have been removed in response to the massacre of nine black churchgoers by a white supremacist who posed for photos with Confederate symbols. [Source]

To this I say the same thing as I said about Stone Mountain...history, good or bad, remember nd learn from it. Not the same as that stupid flag thing at all. Just a bunch of sore losers who can't fathom the depths of what truly compares to what.

If already posted...delete away.

Shrug. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If claiming "offense" is enough to tear out a memorial or monument, then it should go both ways.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Yeah... no.

I have to wonder if it's a compulsion that whenever you read something you don't like you have to declare it "Progressive!".

Stimulants might help.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

White shaming/blaming is alive and well
I gave only a handful of examples earlier in the thread,
I could have pasted in hundreds in the past year alone.

It is real. Expressing a reality and a fact is not whining.

And furthermore, it is the reason for the
ridiculous behavior behind the petition -
which most people who have responded to me are incapable of understanding -
that I think the behavior is inappropriate and out of proportion.

But much as people want to deny that white shaming/blaming
"white privilege" mandatory classes in schools and the military;
this behavior IS making the divisions worse,
and making the problem of racism worse
rather than better.

Even simple behaviorism in psychology
says that shame and punishment often backfire
and make matters worse;
however praising people for good behavior
and praising those who behave respectfully
and with kindness towards one another;
will actually cause problems like
racism to practically disappear.

But the media and MSM, and
certain government officials
and leaders
think shame/blame/humiliation
will make things better,
they won't.

Or the above leaders know
that shame/blame/humiliation
will continue their gravy train
of making money off keeping
racism alive and well.

edit on 2Sat, 18 Jul 2015 14:00:38 -0500pm71807pmk186 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Yeah... no.

I have to wonder if it's a compulsion that whenever you read something you don't like you have to declare it "Progressive!".

Stimulants might help.

You want the bunny to take MORE stimulants? His little heart will asplode.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Yeah... no.

Stimulants might help.

You want the bunny to take MORE stimulants? His little heart will asplode.

I once had a pepsi.

That was enough.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
It's official. This country has gone full-on retard. If this is true. Well, even if it isn't.

arly 40,000 people have signed onto a petition to remove the African-American Monument from the South Carolina statehouse grounds after a Confederate flag was taken down.

The flag was moved in 2000 from the statehouse dome to a Confederate Soldier’s Monument nearby, and a monument to the state’s black history was built the following year as part of the legislative agreement over the tribute to the Confederacy.

The petition’s author, Keith Harmon, said the flag should not have been removed in response to the massacre of nine black churchgoers by a white supremacist who posed for photos with Confederate symbols. [Source]

To this I say the same thing as I said about Stone Mountain...history, good or bad, remember nd learn from it. Not the same as that stupid flag thing at all. Just a bunch of sore losers who can't fathom the depths of what truly compares to what.

If already posted...delete away.

Shrug. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If claiming "offense" is enough to tear out a memorial or monument, then it should go both ways.

Its not the same. Do you think Germany has a nazi flag flying in a state capital? Not only was the confederacy treasonous it actually also was supporting the opression of people who had dark skin. The slaves were the victims while confederates the oppressors. Not to metion it was put up for the civil rights vote in protest of antisegregation measures. It was a sore loosers last stand and jeuvenile.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

My son is in a public high school that has a white minority, there's no such thing as a white privilege class. That is absurd.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The reason for this petition is simple. The AGREEMENT to move the flag coincided with the monument. Now that the flag has been removed, the AGREEMENT has been broken. If the flag must go, so must the monument to slavery.

And for those saying they are white and feel no shame. GOOD! You shouldn't. But the media is doing is hardest to make you feel it.

Remember kids... diversity = White Genocide...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join