It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly 40,000 demand South Carolina remove slave memorial because it ‘shames’ whites

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66What's next, Mount Rushmore, or are ya gonne dig up my family graves because the last name is Lee? They are going to dig up General Forrest's body along with his wife's and relocate in Memphhis. I say stuff your sorehead, poor me . enough is enough. grow up.
edit on 18-7-2015 by Lindarm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: NavyDoc

But people aren't treated the same by the government nor by common everyday folks so what now? Ignore it? Or encourage it like reich wing fascists?

You are right. the government dos not treat everyone equally. African Americans get special treatment by our government. Of course you find that racism offensive? Yes?

All racism is offensive. You like racism?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Kali74

But people aren't treated the same by the government nor by common everyday folks so what now? Ignore it? Or encourage it like reich wing fascists?

You are right. the government dos not treat everyone equally. African Americans get special treatment by our government. Of course you find that racism offensive? Yes?

Maybe this is because it's all a balancing act, and where there is no balance and we do not step in to right the scales ourselves, someone's got to do it. This is not to say that's a good thing, bad thing, or an indifferent thing...it's just a thing.

There are two possible alternatives if no one steps in, utter chaos and anarchy or things balancing out on their own. If I have to bet I'd bet on the former happening, as it appears that there are forces, maybe outside of ourselves or maybe within, that just don't seem to let the latter happen.

And as this OP kinda shows, there's always an opposite (though not necessarily equal) reaction to everything...maybe all because nature is seeking its balance.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

African Americans get special treatment? No. First there's no compulsion to adopt affirmative action policies only tax incentives to do so. So while in minimum wage jobs employers may hire a majority of minorities (that was fun to type) for the tax breaks... high skill jobs choosing to adopt affirmative action either for the tax breaks or because they care to... select minorities from a pool of equally qualified candidates. Same with Universities.

ETA: Well damn :/
edit on 7/18/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: ~Lucidity

What's good for the goose is good for the gander?

Full retard on behalf of BOTH sides who do not fathom the meaning of freedom?

No it's not it's simply false equivalency, one is not the mirror image of the other one do not compare a Nazi flag to victims in a WWII memorial, I am sure most of the descendants of Nazi soldiers high and low rank have moved passed that today and not try to defend the wrongdoings of their ancestors.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

No it's not it's simply false equivalency, one is not the mirror image of the other one do not compare a Nazi flag to victims in a WWII memorial, I am sure most of the descendants of Nazi soldiers high and low rank have moved passed that today and not try to defend the wrongdoings of their ancestors.

WTF did I EVER say about Nazi's in my original post?

Or are you just another Social Justice Warrior wanting to put words in my mouth to make yourself feel like you did something GOOD today?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Never thought I would live to see the day that in 2015 people are actually trying to rekindle the most bloodiest war in American history.

Didn't turn out too well the last time.

Sure the hell isn't going to turn out well this time.

Guess some people haven't learned a damn thing from history since they are hell bent on repeating it.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Or are you just another Social Justice Warrior wanting to put words in my mouth to make yourself feel like you did something GOOD today?

Err you said what's good for the goose is good for the gander implying both the opposition to the Bars and Stars and the Slave memorial is the moral equivalent, I merely insert another historical fact for comparison.
edit on 18-7-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Err you said what good for the goose is good for the gander implying both the opposition of the Bars and Stars and the Slave memorial is the moral equivalent, I merely insert another historical fact for comparison.

But hasn't it been established that bringing up Nazi's in comparison to our current day Progressive movement that it is "disgraceful and disrespectful to those who died"?

So my question to you is "Why do you feel comfortable bringing up the Nazi's"? Bit of hypocrisy on your part or maybe your just too new to the 2 party fight?

edit on 18-7-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It would seem to be righting wrongs, but it is an illusion....... look here, while over there.... your freedoms are being eroded.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Err you said what good for the goose is good for the gander implying both the opposition of the Bars and Stars and the Slave memorial is the moral equivalent, I merely insert another historical fact for comparison.

But hasn't it been established that bringing up Nazi's in comparison to our current day Progressive movement that it is "disgraceful and disrespectful to those who died"?

So my question to you is "Why do you feel comfortable bringing up the Nazi's"? Bit of hypocrisy on your part or maybe your just too new to the 2 party fight?

So are you implying Nazi's were progressives.?? or Progressives Nazis??

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
YA know the civil war according to the constitution was a ILLEGAL WAR. The states had every right to leave the union according to the 10th amendment. So those who say the south were traitors it was lincoln who was the traitor to the law of the land.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Let's make a bronze statue of a homosexual black man draped in the confederate flag-some folk will be too confused to be outraged.

And not only that, he is a black Homosexual Transgender man, who was born a white woman who always thought she was..."A Black man inside"......true love and equality dat.

Hey...we're all black inside right?....just ask the White woman, who frizzed her hair and applies suntan creme and decided she was a black person, after sueing a black college for not admitting her because she was too white??....weez all black!!.....on the inside, where it really matters.....

That ok, Michael Jackson thought he was white.........and bought, I mean, had white kids to prove it.....sort of.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
YA know the civil war according to the constitution was a ILLEGAL WAR. The states had every right to leave the union according to the 10th amendment. So those who say the south were traitors it was lincoln who was the traitor to the law of the land.

And Slaves and their supporters had every right to put a bullet in massa's brain for violating the We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. a part of the declaration of independence they took very seriously.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

There is no implication there.

Just like Hitler 'mobilzed' the german people that them evil jews were the 'cause' of all their problems.

The NAZI'/Progressives in the grand ole US of A have 'mobilzed' the masses that whites are the 'cause' of all their problems.

Especially those who wave a certain flag around.

The Nazls burned books they didn't like.

The Nazi's today are are burning flags they don't like.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. a part of the declaration of independence they took very seriously.

Except if someone's liberty, and happiness is waving a confederate flag around well then that is a different story.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Spider879

We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. a part of the declaration of independence they took very seriously.

Except if someone's liberty, and happiness is waving a confederate flag around well then that is a different story.

Wave the flag all they want, that's called freedom of expression however not hoisted on state or FEDERAL LANDS

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

There is no implication there.

Just like Hitler 'mobilzed' the german people that them evil jews were the 'cause' of all their problems.

The NAZI'/Progressives in the grand ole US of A have 'mobilzed' the masses that whites are the 'cause' of all their problems.

Especially those who wave a certain flag around.

The Nazls burned books they didn't like.

The Nazi's today are are burning flags they don't like.

Ya making schips up, cut it out you know better.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

And Slaves and their supporters had every right to put a bullet in massa's brain for violating the We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. a part of the declaration of independence they took very seriously.

Unfortunatly washington and th e founders did not include them because they considered them inferior to them. They didnt consider them to be men. Im not saying slavery was OK,but the Ends didnt justify the means. At that time They were not considered men but property.

Still does not change the fact that Lincoln was the actual traitor to the United states because he went against the constitution as it was written then. HE should had been impeached for breaking the oath of office.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Unfortunatly washington and th e founders did not include them because they considered them inferior to them. They didnt consider them to be men. Im not saying slavery was OK,but the Ends didnt justify the means. At that time They were not considered men but property.

Still does not change the fact that Lincoln was the actual traitor to the United states because he went against the constitution as it was written then. HE should had been impeached for breaking the oath of office.

There was nothing in the constitution that supported Slavery regardless of how they may have felt at the time they, did not hamper future generations to include slaves and their descendants, that's why it was a brilliant document.
Lincoln was a hero although a flawed human like us all.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join