It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Recurring Counterfeit Sky & Possible Chemtrail Connection (Parts 1-3)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: htapath

I applaud you for laying it all out on the table, OP. If everyone had your balls, then this world would be a much better place in my humble opinion.

I've seen my fair share of strangeness in regards to the sky, and I don't give a damn what anyone here thinks about me for sharing.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The sky looks cartoonish to me anymore, all the time. It started for me in 2009. I started photographing the sky with a digital camera mounted on a tripod when the urge hit. I've captured all kinds of anomalies; some which led me to question everything in a whole new light.

The answers are yours to find. My advice is to start with your dreams. Keep a diary and a voice recorder close when you sleep. Don't get impatient, because there is a reason for the struggle.

A break through will happen as long as you keep questioning and trying.

While astronomers continue to measure the properties of an illusion, the real explorers of this world have turned inward and require no technology to explore inner space.

Feel free to message me anytime OP. You're my kind of normal.

Thank you! I'll definitely check out your threads, thank you for the links. I used to feel really out-of-place...the weird chick who secretly knows the sky is fake...until I learned that I was not alone, that other people see it too. I didn't talk about it, not because I was afraid of the reaction (I've been considered "weird" my whole life so I'm used to it), but because I just couldn't stand to take the time to explain everything to someone only to end up with that reaction. But posting on here? That's a little different...I've seen how many times someone will share something that means a lot to them and people just descend upon them like vultures. It's pretty perilous and if I were a different kind of person, I'd probably never have had the guts to do it, so thank you for that. And I was actually startled to see how many other members were actually willing to listen...a pleasant surprise.

It is my firm belief that if I continue to watch and record my observations, eventually all of the puzzle pieces will suddenly click together and I will understand what is so maddeningly eluding me. In fact, I feel more and more lately that it won't be very much longer before that day arrives. I think the fact that so many people around me are starting to look up and see something out of the ordinary lately is a sign of that.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I just wanted to share a couple of things with everyone who may be following this thread. The first is that my housemate confided in me last week that he saw something really strange in the sky while I was at work. He said that he was sitting on the porch, waiting for a storm to roll in, and looked up at the sky, then did a double-take because he saw "part of the sky was missing."

He said he looked away and actually rubbed his eyes before looking back, and the anomaly was still there. He said it looked like there were three "jagged holes in the blue part of the sky" and that inside those holes, it looked like there was "another sky" behind them, like it was "wallpaper that was layered on top of each other". He can't explain it any better than that because he has absolutely nothing else to compare it to. He's spending a lot of time on the porch these days, armed with his digital camera.

The other thing is, a very good friend who is ex-military and has shared some interesting info with me, was over a couple of weeks ago and we started talking about the weird weather all over the globe. I ended up telling him about the Fake Sky and he said there is an elderly lady who lives on the Shenandoah who has been telling people for the past five or six years that the sky is not real, and of course the reaction is mockery more than anything else, but he said she insists it is true. He specifically said that she can see that it is fake, and that it doesn't happen every day. He could not remember her name so I am trying to find her. I want to go talk to her in person and see what she has to say. She also tells people that we are being "sprayed" with something, some chemical agent that is "making people not able to breathe", so I want to hear about that too.

I'll add more if I've got anything else, and encourage anyone else to do the same.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
He said that he was sitting on the porch, waiting for a storm to roll in, and looked up at the sky, then did a double-take because he saw "part of the sky was missing."

He said he looked away and actually rubbed his eyes before looking back, and the anomaly was still there. He said it looked like there were three "jagged holes in the blue part of the sky" and that inside those holes, it looked like there was "another sky" behind them, like it was "wallpaper that was layered on top of each other". He can't explain it any better than that because he has absolutely nothing else to compare it to.

Its beginning to look more and more like a figment of our imagination... As if the human was the original creator of the beauty that surrounds us... Of which, the human was created by Divinity to experience such beauty. We've been lost for a while, but the Foreseen awakening is unveiling... It is only fake because we realize it to be our creation.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Its beginning to look more and more like a figment of our imagination... As if the human was the original creator of the beauty that surrounds us... Of which, the human was created by Divinity to experience such beauty. We've been lost for a while, but the Foreseen awakening is unveiling... It is only fake because we realize it to be our creation.

Or some of us are simply unfortunate enough to see things for what they really are. Maybe we're the ghosts in the machine...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Or some of us are simply unfortunate enough to see things for what they really are. Maybe we're the ghosts in the machine...

Or users of the machine, who have forgotten the controls.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Or users of the machine, who have forgotten the controls.

Perhaps we chose to forget, to blend in, until the right time. I definitely have been haunted, especially of late, by the undeniable feeling that there is something buried in my memory and if I could just reach it I would know what is happening. The fact that I have an eidetic memory makes this even more frustrating to me.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Perhaps we chose to forget, to blend in, until the right time.

"And Jehovah God saith to the woman, `What [is] this thou hast done?' and the woman saith, `The serpent hath caused me to forget -- and I do eat."

...I think the puzzle will continue to appear very strange until it is complete.

I definitely have been haunted, especially of late, by the undeniable feeling that there is something buried in my memory and if I could just reach it I would know what is happening. The fact that I have an eidetic memory makes this even more frustrating to me.

By logical deduction in his "Theory of Recollection", Socrates 'proved' that all true 'knowledge' is remembering that which is latent in the soul. He inferred that the continual search for truth and virtue would hasten this remembrance.

I thought of your post today when I noticed nature looking peculiarly like some sort of organic stage.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I found this post absurd yet fascinating.

Several times I've states that the sky looks like the Simpson's sky. But truly never thought past that initial observation.

I'd like to note that yesterday I took note of an oddity in the sun. Ironic that I found this post the following day.

As I was in the shower I realized the room had gotten exceptionally bright. Weeks ago I took off our blinds so I figured it must have just been by chance it was so bright. But then it seemed as though it continually got brighter. I dismissed it and went about my way. I go to feed my son and look outside again. The sun is once again insanely bright. More 'real' than it had been before. I'm in central PA, and this was between 11:30am and 12:15pm.

I'm definitely going to continually check out the sky.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Perhaps we chose to forget, to blend in, until the right time.

"And Jehovah God saith to the woman, `What [is] this thou hast done?' and the woman saith, `The serpent hath caused me to forget -- and I do eat."

...I think the puzzle will continue to appear very strange until it is complete.

I definitely have been haunted, especially of late, by the undeniable feeling that there is something buried in my memory and if I could just reach it I would know what is happening. The fact that I have an eidetic memory makes this even more frustrating to me.

By logical deduction in his "Theory of Recollection", Socrates 'proved' that all true 'knowledge' is remembering that which is latent in the soul. He inferred that the continual search for truth and virtue would hasten this remembrance.

I thought of your post today when I noticed nature looking peculiarly like some sort of organic stage.

That jibes with my personal theory that we are required to complete certain tasks in one dimension in order to graduate to the next. And every time we fail to complete those tasks, we are doomed to repeat them until we do it right. And our past lessons are remembered each time, on a deep level, to serve as a guiding tool.

Can you elaborate on what you saw? I'm very curious to hear it.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

That jibes with my personal theory that we are required to complete certain tasks in one dimension in order to graduate to the next. And every time we fail to complete those tasks, we are doomed to repeat them until we do it right. And our past lessons are remembered each time, on a deep level, to serve as a guiding tool.

Can you elaborate on what you saw? I'm very curious to hear it.

It happened first with a friend, and I said "The trees look... fake"... he laughed (in the way you do when hearing truth) and said "Yeah wow they do". This happens to me every time I look at a tree without any names attached to it.. its not a tree, it doesnt have branches, its not photosynthetic... it just is what it is. And when you look at it from the perspective of a child, it just looks fake... or "created".

It just seems like a playground. This is why the Christian Creation Story and Hermetic Philosophy resonates with me so well... the natural world seems like a Mental Creation when looked at with a fresh perspective (eyes of a child).
edit on 17-9-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NixieJean

I found this post absurd yet fascinating.

Several times I've states that the sky looks like the Simpson's sky. But truly never thought past that initial observation.

I'd like to note that yesterday I took note of an oddity in the sun. Ironic that I found this post the following day.

As I was in the shower I realized the room had gotten exceptionally bright. Weeks ago I took off our blinds so I figured it must have just been by chance it was so bright. But then it seemed as though it continually got brighter. I dismissed it and went about my way. I go to feed my son and look outside again. The sun is once again insanely bright. More 'real' than it had been before. I'm in central PA, and this was between 11:30am and 12:15pm.

I'm definitely going to continually check out the sky.

It really does sound absurd, even to myself, and I live it. I would bet real money that the times you think the sky looks like something off the Simpsons, that if I were to look at it, it would be a Fake Sky. That is a very good comparison, because it really does take on a cartoonish quality. At its highest intensity, it looks like the backdrops and objects you see in movies like "A Nightmare Before Christmas". Like childrens' pop-up books.

What you saw in the sun is absolutely accurate. What it looks like to me: It is pale, yellowish, like an incandescent bulb. Like a light in a house that rarely gets turned on because it is too bright and intense. It looks as if it should be cold instead of hot. It is blinding to look at from any angle, even with shades on. It is intensely hot, almost burning in fact, but only when you are standing directly in it. Go in the shade and there will be a marked, atypical and dramatic drop in ambient temperature. The warmth does not spread to the surrounding area. The light feels dangerous. Wrong somehow...poisonous even, and I do not like to stand in it. I feel like I'm being subjected to an x-ray scan, and I do not care for that feeling at all.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

It happened first with a friend, and I said "The trees look... fake"... he laughed (in the way you do when hearing truth) and said "Yeah wow they do". This happens to me every time I look at a tree without any names attached to it.. its not a tree, it doesnt have branches, its not photosynthetic... it just is what it is. And when you look at it from the perspective of a child, it just looks fake... or "created".

It just seems like a playground. This is why the Christian Creation Story and Hermetic Philosophy resonates with me so well... the natural world seems like a Mental Creation when looked at with a fresh perspective (eyes of a child).

Thank you. That is an excellent detailed description, and it makes sense to me.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I found and read this thread today. A superb thread in my perspective!

I'd like to show you something if I may. It may be something to take into consideration or not as you wish.

My theory is the nature and composition of our atmosphere, all the way out through the higher levels of our solar system, has greatly changed from what it was (I'm old enough to detect the contrasts) which is manifesting in all sorts of what I define as anomalies. What follows is not meant to explain everything you and others have been witnessing and experiencing but I think it is a major contributing factor to at least some of it.

There are those of us who have finely-tuned and expanded perceptions and are the first to note subtle and not so subtle changes around us whereas others don't because those perceptions are latent in them for whatever reasons. It's the old canary-in-the-coal-mine conundrum.

Our solar system has been moving through a Local Interstellar Cloud called the Local Fluff.

(As an aside, the author of the above article, Tony Phillips, also runs the Spaceweather website which I've been a fan of for years.)

Larger visual.

Earth's magnetic field has been weakening which means more cosmic soup is entering our atmosphere and descending to and penetrating Earth's surface (and us). The magnetic field around Earth varies in permeability on any given day or week.

The Interstellar Medium.

A page about Cosmic Rays for perspective.

No wonder this is freaking some people out in a variety of ways. My body is in an almost constant state of freak-out mode because it is registering so many changes. I'm conscious of this and have years of experience. There are times, and this is personal, I feel as though what I describe as death rays are hitting Earth which come from outer space in the form of gamma rays. That's how sensitive I am.

Having written the above, I also think there is a lot of tinkering going on at various levels of knowledge-base which is also contributing to changes we're experiencing but those are still mostly covert. The tinkering is being effected by the changes in the composition of our biosphere due to the forces of outer space, too.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Im 57, old enough to remember that in the late 60s, early 70s, the sky was a lot bluer and the sun a lot more yellow. I don't know, maybe decades of pollition and chemtrails have taken their toll on the atmosphere.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

I found and read this thread today. A superb thread in my perspective!

I'd like to show you something if I may. It may be something to take into consideration or not as you wish.

My theory is the nature and composition of our atmosphere, all the way out through the higher levels of our solar system, has greatly changed from what it was (I'm old enough to detect the contrasts) which is manifesting in all sorts of what I define as anomalies. What follows is not meant to explain everything you and others have been witnessing and experiencing but I think it is a major contributing factor to at least some of it.

There are those of us who have finely-tuned and expanded perceptions and are the first to note subtle and not so subtle changes around us whereas others don't because those perceptions are latent in them for whatever reasons. It's the old canary-in-the-coal-mine conundrum.

Our solar system has been moving through a Local Interstellar Cloud called the Local Fluff.

(As an aside, the author of the above article, Tony Phillips, also runs the Spaceweather website which I've been a fan of for years.)

Larger visual.

Earth's magnetic field has been weakening which means more cosmic soup is entering our atmosphere and descending to and penetrating Earth's surface (and us). The magnetic field around Earth varies in permeability on any given day or week.

The Interstellar Medium.

A page about Cosmic Rays for perspective.

No wonder this is freaking some people out in a variety of ways. My body is in an almost constant state of freak-out mode because it is registering so many changes. I'm conscious of this and have years of experience. There are times, and this is personal, I feel as though what I describe as death rays are hitting Earth which come from outer space in the form of gamma rays. That's how sensitive I am.

Having written the above, I also think there is a lot of tinkering going on at various levels of knowledge-base which is also contributing to changes we're experiencing but those are still mostly covert. The tinkering is being effected by the changes in the composition of our biosphere due to the forces of outer space, too.

That is a very interesting piece of information, thank you! And thank you for taking the time to read my thread.

I have a horrible sensitivity to the fake sun. I cannot stand in it for more than a few minutes at a time. If I do, it feels as though my skin is literally cooking from the dermis outward. The way microwave ovens heat food. It makes me dizzy and nauseous. It makes my eyes burn and my head hurt. I can no longer look at it, even with polarized lenses.

If this cosmic fluff is magnetically compressing the heliosphere would it have a trickle-down effect that could intensity the pull of gravity on Earth, or cause an increase in terrestrial air pressure that only certain people for whatever reason are able to detect?

Because something odd has happened, starting a couple weeks ago, right about the same time I noticed a marked increase in the burning aspect of the fake sun's rays. My dogs are acting strangely, one more so than the other.

Both dogs are becoming extremely overheated on short walks. And I mean very short, because I cannot stay out long. I take them for long walks at night, but during daylight hours it's strictly business, out and right back in.

They walk slowly rather than trotting and keep their tails tucked. And within seconds, both are panting excessively. My senior dog, Daisy, has been acting oddly beyond that. She started chewing her fur out and developed a skin infection of unknown etiology, literally overnight. She has begun sprinting across any surface that is being lit by the sun, only walking in the shade, and for two days straight, has been pacing around, whining like she's scared of something.

I am unable to fly because the Eustachian tubes in my ears are abnormally narrow. I cannot handle the air pressure at altitude. It is excruciatingly painful and my ears stay stopped up for weeks afterward at times. I avoid air travel. I cannot dive either for the same reason.

I have felt that crushing pressure in the air for a number of days, and it's difficult to breathe. If this is somehow being caused by an anomaly in space, it would make sense as to why I'm sensitive to the pressure. It may very well explain my dogs acting odd too, because animals are sensitive to things like that naturally.

Why is this not being shared more widely? Here is a possible explanation for a whole lot of weirdness that is affecting a whole lot of people, and the first I've heard of it is on a thread from a year ago. Could this be responsible for the ME as well???

edit on 310310America/ChicagoTue, 03 May 2016 22:03:37 -050031pm31123America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Im 57, old enough to remember that in the late 60s, early 70s, the sky was a lot bluer and the sun a lot more yellow. I don't know, maybe decades of pollition and chemtrails have taken their toll on the atmosphere.

I could accept that as a possibility of it were just the colors being off. But it doesn't account for the other oddities. I do know that a whole lot more people are noticing the strange appearance of the sky. Just this past week I have heard at least two dozen people remark about it and two of them used the phrase "end of days".

They're not noticing the cartoonish effects or seeing glitches or anything specific, though. They invariably say that there's something "off" or "wrong" about its appearance. Whatever it is, it's becoming more obvious.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I believe you.... wholeheartedly.
But... this thread is creepy.

Let me add this...

A fake sky may have something to do with those loud trumpet sounds no one can ever pinpoint.
We are at a time when all things are to choose if we continue or pass into legend.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pinocchio
I believe you.... wholeheartedly.
But... this thread is creepy.

Let me add this...

A fake sky may have something to do with those loud trumpet sounds no one can ever pinpoint.
We are at a time when all things are to choose if we continue or pass into legend.

Wow...creepy indeed. I have always thought that they are connected. But I can't say exactly how. What I can say is that my animals will tuck their tails and go hide if I play one of those videos with the metallic trumpet sounds...

Much like they've been doing lately when I take them outside to walk. In fact, that is one of the things that has been bothering me lately the most. And my husband swears he heard one of those sounds the other night around 2am. Very faint.

We live on a lake, so it's like a tomb out here at that time of night. Even the crickets are quiet by then. It freaked him out enough to put his cigarette out and go inside. And that entire evening, neither one of the dogs would venture on to the patio, and that is their very favorite place to hang out.

Something is happening. And it's escalating.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I'm so glad this thread is still active. I found it through your link on the Mandela Effect thread. I have read this thread with great interest from start to finish and wanted to post to you but didn't know if this thread was still active until I got to the last post here.

I've been a forum member for a few years now. I joined up because at my last house where I lived for ten years there was so much weird stuff happening that I've posted about, mostly shadow being encounters but also bizarre sky sounds.

It's in conjunction with the sky sounds that I once experienced the fake sky phenomena. This is not a "me, too" post. I'm not jumping on some bandwagon here. I posted about this experience at least two years ago or more. I'm not a frequent visitor to the forum anymore and either it's changed a bit or I'm rusty but I can't find my old posts easily. But it's around ATS somewhere.

Anyway, a few years ago, I no longer remember exactly when but less than four, my husband and I were at Myrtle Beach South Carolina. We were out on the beach and it was overcast but not too cloudy in terms of there being distinct rain or storm clouds. It was just gray all around. We had been out on the surf for a little while and suddenly the sky was filled with a low frequency rumble that came from everywhere and surrounded us. It kept going on and on and we couldn't really tell if it was jet engines or thunder (though the clouds weren't right for thunderstorms) or the ocean sound just suddenly being broadcast in surround sound like effect. It was just weird deep and scratchy rumbling that went on and on but in a way that pressed down on us. We never experienced that there before or since. He has gone to that same beach for all of his 45 years or so of life at that point, every summer. I'd been going for about twenty.

What was unusual was that nobody else seemed to notice but my husband and I were badly spooking. My husband is the ultimate skeptic. He only once noticed something strange at our house in MD. He never otherwise notices anything nor gives a crap when he does. He's a big strong guy and not someone anybody ever messes with. But he looked up and all around and told me this crap is creepy and that we were going in. We packed up right quick, he was that freaked out and discarding his usual cold logic and following his gut feeling to get inside. Some very few other people did too, but we didn't really notice anyone else looking around like we did. Mostly everyone was having fun as usual. I thought it odd that nobody else was reacting to such an ungodly racket. At the very least you'd think they would be concerned about a storm bearing down or curious about jet activity or something.

At that time the sound started, the sky and even part of the ocean along the horizon looked suddenly so fake to us. I can't really point to any one thing and say why it looked fake. It just maybe seemed closer down and looked like a grainy projection on a dome at a planetarium...maybe. That doesn't seem to do it justice either. My husband could only say it was weird and I felt it all suddenly seemed fake, but that's all I can come up with. It just wasn't normal.

Around that time I had been hearing odd sky sounds at home in MD, too. Jet rumblings that lasted for at least thirty minutes with no jets to account for them.

I moved out to a more rural area myself, away from all the quartz rock around my old home. I forget what the map said but I think here it's more granite deep down or something, but not as much quartz. Some other forum members and my daughter's teacher told me something about the geology of my previous region accounted for the unusual frequency of lightning strikes we used to get there. And possibly some of the other strangeness I experienced there. The teacher said her property was always getting struck and even her house got struck.

Where I'm at now, which is only a couple of miles from my old house and one town over, is nice and not much goes on worth talking about. No more shadow beings, knock wood. I don't watch the sky anymore. Even when I did at the other place it was to try and find where the rumbling sounds were coming from. I don't remember seeing a fake sky effect there. We did experience something odd with the moon once but that can probably be explained by insufficient understanding of astronomy. Despite my willingness to think and talk about some odd subjects I'm a sensible person and I won't discount the obvious logical reasons just so I can feel like a special snowflake.

One reason I feel comfortable posting to you is that despite being willing to entertain some peculiar ideas, you do so in a way that indicates you're educated, intelligent and have some common sense. I like how you handled the criticism. I've seen some people really lose it and that's how I knew they were mentally unstable and likely delusional. You've kept a clear head despite what your detractors might think.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheeplFlavoredAgain

Despite my willingness to think and talk about some odd subjects I'm a sensible person and I won't discount the obvious logical reasons just so I can feel like a special snowflake.

One reason I feel comfortable posting to you is that despite being willing to entertain some peculiar ideas, you do so in a way that indicates you're educated, intelligent and have some common sense. I like how you handled the criticism. I've seen some people really lose it and that's how I knew they were mentally unstable and likely delusional. You've kept a clear head despite what your detractors might think.

Hi, thank you so much! Your words mean a lot to me. It's been very difficult not to lose my # on numerous occasions, but I always adjust fire and remind myself that people react the way that they do because the truth that I speak is a threat to the lie that they live. Fear is a powerful, controlling emotion and unfortunately, I am all too familiar with its relentless grip.

I too, have had encounters with shadow entities. One of them almost suffocated me in my own bed about eighteen years ago, actually. I used to think I was the only one who had ever experienced such a thing, but now I realize that they're more common than I ever imagined.

Ready for something creepy?
Last year around this same timeframe, I was living in rural Virginia with the housemates mentioned in my OP. We all smoke, so in the evenings we'd congregate in the sunroom and have coffee and just chill, talk about our day, whatever.

One Friday night, we were lounging around out there. I was sketching, one housemate was playing the XBOX, and the other was doing a crossword puzzle. The one playing the game was fooling around, putting ridiculous costumes on his avatar, and we were all laughing about it and cracking jokes.

I had just scooted forward in the recliner to get up for more coffee, when my gaming roomie asked me what song I wanted to hear from his game playlist and I couldn't remember the name, so I started to hum it. He turned to me with this "A-ha!" expression on his face...and that's when everything went sideways.

It felt like the next two minutes had somehow been slowed way down, elongated and stretched out to three times as long, maybe four times. It was like being inside a video recording, as in a PART of the scene, but experiencing it in real time, frame by frame: every sound, every movement absolutely dragged out, slowed down and isolated as its own separate event. I hope I can somehow convey with words the singular strangeness of those two endless minutes.

His triumphant look took forever to morph into bewilderment, then incredulity, then denial, and finally into full on fear. I wanted to ask him what was wrong, but when I opened my mouth, no sound came out. I felt frozen in place. I could neither inhale nor exhale. My lips froze hallway open. The only thing I could willfully move were my eyes.

A crushing pressure came down in top of us, like someone had just put a bowl down over the house like you might do to trap an insect. It felt like all the air was suddenly sucked out of the room. My ears popped.

And then this deep, ominous, bone rattling sound/vibration started. It was more like we felt the sound rather than heard it. I could feel my teeth clicking together from the force of it. We DID hear it too, but it seemed to be everywhere all at once. It started from above us, but it was as if a cone of pure sound energy came rushing down all the way through the ground beneath our feet, surrounding us in a vacuum.

Oddly, even though I could not breathe, I was not suffering oxygen starvation. It was as if my lungs had been temporarily suspended at the exact moment of ideal oxygen exchange. Even more odd, the dogs did not seem to be affected by the slowing of time. They were terrified, but moved around freely...right under the coffee table.

This seemed to go on for a very long time, but eventually I found that if I stopped resisting the invisible barrier, I could move my body. It was like moving through sticky syrup, but I could move. It took forever for me to turn my head to the left, enough to get a look at my other housemate.

I was stunned to see that, like the dogs, he was moving freely about...still working on his puzzle. But UNLIKE the dogs, he was completely oblivious to the insanity unfolding less than three feet from his chair. I tried to whip my head back to make eye contact with the other roomie, but all I really did was start it on another long, slow swivel. By the time I finally locked eyes with him, it stopped.

Just like a switch had been flipped. No pressure, no noise, all gone in an instant. And the two of us, panting from the delayed reaction to the exertion of trying to move, completely gobsmacked. My ears were ringing, as if I'd been standing next to a sub-woofer or something. My heart was racing. All of my muscles felt rubbery and I ached all over. I felt exhausted and extremely thirsty.

Both of us turned to stare at the other guy and he finally glanced up. He looked at us like we were mentally challenged and said, "What the hell is wrong with you two?". I asked him if he had not felt that awful pressure and the noise and vibration and he said he had no idea what I was talking about.

We never spoke about it again, nor did we tell him exactly what had happened to us. It was just too disturbing. I say it was two minutes, because directly before the weirdness began, I glanced at the time on my phone. When I froze, it was still in my hand. The time was 22:22 (10:22pm), and remained that way until the moment the pressure lifted. The next second I glanced down and the time read 22:24.

I am so relieved to finally be able to talk about that. Thank you so much for sharing your story. It helps to not feel so alone. That's a horrible feeling.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join