It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 dead in shooting at South Carolina church Senator Clementa Pinckney killed

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: AmericanZombie
a reply to: DelMarvel
Then why do you come here, for the pets forum? lol
I know how things work, but I am searching for that one bit of information that slips by the filters, aren't we all?

Why I come here has nothing to do with the validity or lack thereof of what I'm saying.

Read what you just posted as a reply to me^^^^^^^^^^
How am I supposed to respond to that?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanZombie

You asked why Del was here, poster said that does not matter, pretty simple with the context of your convo.
It is worded weird but I am sure you can get past that.

(post by AmericanZombie removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Why do you care anyway? If you think it's the truth then maybe I should question why you come here.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanZombie

Its a big no no to call members shills or trolls. Read the t&c.
Many of us used to believe in conspiracy theories I did but ats has shown me not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanityrising
Really hope this isn't spun into a racial issue...that is unless they actually find KKK paraphernalia in his house or something...

Do pro-apartheid South African and Rhodesian flags count? Does an affirmative statement that blacks are bad count?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: ninjadan9
IMO, there should be a stricter age limit for owning a gun. If you are under 30 years old, you should be prohibited from owning any gun. I believe enacting this law could prevent at least 35% of gun crimes in the country.

Approximately a third (34%) of murder victims and almost half (49%) of the off enders were under age 25

Source

What does ATS think?

They could also extend that so that you've got to have an IQ above a certain level too, that would probably stop even
more.

I'm sure the ones who think that gun crime would be reduced if more people had guns are from the lower end of the intellectual spectrum.

Or just stop all gun ownership - why the flip does anyone in a civilised society need one?

Most mass murders/serial killers have high IQ's. lol

You should add that only people who make over 100k
per year can own guns. SMH

The vast majority of people with high IQs are not mass murderers or serial killers, a substantial number of people with lower IQs are criminals.

Anyway it's really easy to prove or disprove an argument by thinking in polar extremes, so here's why more guns = more gun crime:

Imagine that the gun had never been invented and there were no guns anywhere, no one owned a gun because there was no such thing as a gun. Gun crime = zero. Gun deaths = zero.

Imagine everyone everywhere had a gun, it was the law that everyone had to have one. There would definitely be some gun crime and some gun deaths, as evidenced in the current US of A where far fewer than everyone has access to guns.

Therefore less guns = less gun crime and less gun deaths, and more guns = more gun crime and more gun deaths.

Secondly the average, honest, law abiding American believes that if they all had guns and could carry them in public then there would be less crime because criminals would now "think twice" about committing gun crimes.

Well, if good old goody two shoes, never been in trouble with the law, doesn't get into fights or do anything naughty isn't afraid to pull out his gun in the face of a gun wielding criminal, then you can be absolutely 100% certain that mr bad dude, always in fights, always being naughty and constantly in trouble with the law, and regularly committing gun crimes is going to be even less frightened.

And if he thinks you *might* have a gun then he'll probably be more inclined to open fire in an act of self preservation.

Also, even if the ludicrous idea of allowing every idiotic John Wayne / Arnie wannabee did stop criminals from committing crimes in public places, all they'd do is move their criminal enterprise somewhere else where it was quieter, by doing things like invading your home when you're in bed, or when just your wife or kids are in.

If you're doing something that's killing you the answer is not to do more of it - unless you want to wind up dead.

I honestly think that the problem is that most Americans have absolutely no clue or concept of anything else apart from America, no idea about different concepts, cultures, ways of life, you're all just wrapped up in your own paranoid little bubble and you think you're in the middle of some Hollywood flick where the Boogeyman is hiding around every corner just waiting to jump out and get you.

Your view of the world is so simplistic it's laughable, you all believe that you're the "good guy" and everyone else is the "bad guy" and they're all out to get you, it's a kind of paranoid isolationism that makes each and everyone of you the center of the universe in your own deluded minds, and that goes for you all as a collective as well.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

I'm out for the night, will check the thread tomorrow for new developments. People keep an open mind don't jump to conclusions too soon on any side, we come to ATS to find the truth, there is a reason we are not on a MSM site, remember that. It could just be a crime, hate crime, false flag or a whole other agenda. Together we can find the truth.

Damn you.

That is the most reasonable thing you've said.

Most of the rest of the time you seemed like an arsehole, and I'll own that that is my bias etc etc, so yeah, despite not liking you, I agree with this, mostly.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

You are right, if no one had invented the gun there would be zero gun crime. Of course murders by crossbow would be ridiculously high, and swords might still be in vogue.

And really, what man or woman hasn't once fantasized about walking down the street with a warhammer resting over their shoulders.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexJowls

Is that real or a joke? If real it reminds me of the usa portrayed in southern tales.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

It's probably real, and knowing how the U.S. works the turrets will be controlled by some Nuke dealing bald guy named Cain.
edit on 19-6-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the same member that posted it also created it.

So witty.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

originally posted by: skyblueworld

Relevant.
edit on 19-6-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

a reply to: Thorneblood

Why do you care anyway? If you think it's the truth then maybe I should question why you come here.

Man (loosely used), why do YOU come here?

Many finer places to find the 'truth...say, is it a Big T or little t truth you're looking for...plenty of little t truths arounds these parts, not much big T stuff, by my reckoning, but say, you don't have to trust my word, partner...we ALL carry the truth, some of us are just more honest than others....

...and for my words, it all looks like some sort of maladjusted person did done a race hate crime, I mean, that's damned obvious now, and any slowpoke that don't see that is not worth addressing....
edit on 19-6-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
**ATTENTION**

This thread is being monitored by staff. Off topic comments, rude remarks etc, will be met with posting bans.

Go after the ball, not the player.

Do not reply to this post.

~Tenth
ATS Super Mod

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join