It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 dead in shooting at South Carolina church Senator Clementa Pinckney killed

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Well, he's confessed to the killings and wanting to start a race war.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I didn't sleep well last night as I kept waking up and praying myself back to sleep. My heart breaks for the victims families.
It's hard for me to wrap my mind around how this 21 year old was raised. I just heard on CBS that he dropped out of high school after repeating 9th grade.
What kind of parents allow that to happen? What kind of family did he come from?
This mind set had to have been learned from childhood and up.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

So....does that mean the race angle can finally be discussed as is, or do we need more "proof" or further investigation or something?

Should we wait longer? Maybe he'll recant, after all.

Yea, let's wait.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Just been reported on tv news that he has admitted doing the crime.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Of course we'll need more proof, racism doesn't exist so he's obviously been programmed by the government so that guns will be taken away.

/s (sadly that is required)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
He did manage to kill a senator if you think that wasnt the true purpose of his attack then I have a bridge to sell you which leads to china through the center of the earth.

(post by Spider879 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This article is race baiting, gun grabbing agenda driven propaganda. Read how many times it mentions gun control, and historic black church, also the ex state senator was anti gun himself (SMH)
This is like a movie (scripted), I'm going to get some popcorn and watch it all unfold.

www.washingtonpost.com... 542100c_story.html?tid=hpModule_ba0d4c2a-86a2-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
And as usual you guys will bury your heads in the sand and deny that the US has a massive gun problme.

Very sad.

Problem is not one of those poor victims was carrying because a church is supposed to be a safe haven. If someone had a CCW permit, they could've have nipped the situation in the bud before nine people were shot and killed. Yes, that is a massive gun problem where only the crazies are the ones shooting people.

Or the one with CcW could have been shot first before he/she realised.

Not a fan of strict gun control but let's be real guns are not a magic fix all solution.

I'm not saying guns are a "magic fix all solution". But maybe the amount of victims could've been minimized if the perp would've been taken out after say, the second innocent victim.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

And as usual you guys will bury your heads in the sand and deny that the US has a massive gun problme.

Very sad.

Problem is not one of those poor victims was carrying because a church is supposed to be a safe haven. If someone had a CCW permit, they could've have nipped the situation in the bud before nine people were shot and killed. Yes, that is a massive gun problem where only the crazies are the ones shooting people.

Not a fan of strict gun control but let's be real guns are not a magic fix all solution.

I'm not saying guns are a "magic fix all solution". But maybe the amount of victims could've been minimized if the perp would've been taken out after say, the second innocent victim.

No no no and no!! the whole point of a Church is,it should be a house of peace bringing articles of war and violence into a holy place should be sacrilegious..but heck what do I know I am just one more disappointment away from being a full blown atheist .

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Now now let's be honest. So far all we have is Facebook pictures of him in sporting apartheid era patches.

And a witness that says he said some racial stuff.

And a confession to the murders.

And a statement that he wanted to start a race war.

Let's not put the cart ahead of the horse so quick, Kali.

(I still refuse to use sarcasm tags, being that sarcasm is an art form and shouldn't have to be explained)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Very sad.

DO NOT BRING GUNS TO CHURCH PERIOD

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Very sad.

Since he stopped to reload 5 times, it is very likely that an armed citizen could have stopped him.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Very sad.

DO NOT BRING GUNS TO CHURCH PERIOD

That worked so doggone well in this case, didn't it?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
DBL

edit on 19-6-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: Power_Semi

You are right, if no one had invented the gun there would be zero gun crime. Of course murders by crossbow would be ridiculously high, and swords might still be in vogue.

And really, what man or woman hasn't once fantasized about walking down the street with a warhammer resting over their shoulders.

You miss the point, the question is do more guns = less violent crime, or more, or vice versa.

Someone with a crossbow can shoot off a bolt then needs to reload, they can be overpowered in between, plus it's hard to walk into a bank with a crossbow inconspicuously tucked inside your pants.

Guns are simply an extension of the crossbow or bow and arrow, they allow someone to fire a deadly projectile at someone else from a distance, the gun has simply been designed to be a more compact and efficient killing machine, especially assault rifles and extended magazine versions of other firearms.

So the question is what kind of civilised society needs to be given access on a pretty liberal basis to an automated killing machine?

The answer - none;

And that is Americas problem. You fear some unseen or imagined enemy, you fear other nations, you fear other cultures, you fear other ideals, and most of all you fear yourselves.

You feel that it's a "right" to have access to a machine that can kill and maim dozens of people on an indiscriminate basis, and hand them out on an indiscriminate basis also.

Look at countries (yes countries other than America DO exist) where you can't go into a shop and buy a gun, and look at their instances of this kind of crime happening - it's at pretty much zero, except the odd occurrence once every few decades.

Yours is every few weeks.

Your gun crime - multiple times every day.

You're all seriously messed up in the head and can't see the wood for the trees.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

We don't "feel" that it's a right.

It IS a right.

What civilized person feels the need to slate an entire group of people, the vast overwhelming majority of whom they have never and will never meet? And feels the need to mindlessly attack their intellect and spew rhetoric based off one variable out of a person's entire being?

Asked and answered.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

SMH. what world do you live in, this one is filled with violence, I am keeping my guns, enough said.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Very sad.

That's like saying "someone infected the church congregation with ebola and they died - if only we'd all had ebola then maybe someone would have infected him first and he'd have died before he infected and killed the others".

More of the thing that is causing a problem does not solve the problem, it makes it worse.

Only in America is such stupidity seen and promoted as rational thought.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanZombie

Race baiting would be gunning down nine people in hopes of starting a race war.

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join