It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 dead in shooting at South Carolina church Senator Clementa Pinckney killed

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
How did this guy sit through a hour of bible study without raising suspicion? I marked on this photo to show he was wearing body armor, what do you think ATS?
It even looks as if he was wearing a crotch protector.

edit on 18-6-2015 by AmericanZombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: starfoxxx

originally posted by: projectbane
Just another day in the wild west that is America and the idiots who are allowed guns for their rampant killing
sprees.

Give a coward a gun and his bravery jumps ten fold.

Get out of here, Anyone ANYWHERE who wants to get a gun to kill people can, legally, illegally, if the government has outawed guns or not.. Screaming gun control during a TRAGIC EVENT like this is NO LESS then EXPLOITING THE DEAD...

BUG off.

Hmmm, ignoring the fact these incidents are a notoriously regular occurrence in the US and not in other 1st world countries, specifically because of how ridiculously lax gun regulation is in the US, is just asking for it to happen again and again and again.

Lax gun regulations? This happened in a "gun free zone" It was illegal to have a gun in that church. What other gun regulation would have stopped him from shooting people in a gun free zone?

Criminals don't obey laws. They would get a gun illegally and would ignore every single gun law that exists. How is more stern gun laws going to stop anything?

And Barack Obama used this to attack the 2nd amendment while ignoring that it happened in a gun free zone. The only place where mass shootings happen these days because killers know they will not have anyone shooting back at them in gun free zones. How idiotic is that gun law?

These people like the president using tragedies like these, show the world how ridiculously stupid and agenda driven they actually are.

And saying these mass shooting don't happen in other countries is a flagrant lie.

Charlie Hebdo in Paris used a gun that resulted in 17 people being murdered;

Or the Anders Breivik murders in Norway in 2011 where 77 people were murdered -- 69 of them with firearms;

* Or the Derrick Bird shootings in Cumbria, England that left 12 people dead in 2010.

In each of these cases, the armed perpetrators ignored strict gun control laws in acquiring and carrying their weapons.

One of the biggest problems at South Carolina church is that the potential victims were disarmed by law.

And Obama ignored all that just to continue on with the agenda to make all citizens defenseless. Mostly he wants everyone to be defenseless from over reaching and abusive government, because if he was able to take away all guns, that is when law enforcement would get very very bloody with no one to stand up to them.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Retracted
edit on thThu, 18 Jun 2015 22:27:20 -0500America/Chicago620152080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Was this kids gun aquired legally or illegally?

What does it matter? The gun didn't do a god damned thing. The crazy person behind it did, and that crazy person could have (and likely would have) obtained a gun regardless of the legality. Guess what? Live hand grenades are illegal, but I still know where I could get one if I wanted....
edit on 6/18/2015 by admirethedistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanZombie
How did this guy sit through a hour of bible study without raising suspicion? I marked on this photo to show he was wearing body armor, what do you think ATS?
It even looks as if he was wearing a crotch protector.

What do I think? I think if just one person, maybe the pastor, had been carrying they would have, could have, should have nipped it in the bud. Surely, they would have noticed the extra bulk under the shirt. There are probably half a billion guns among the 350,000,000 people in this country. One man on any one given day could go bonkers and perpetrate an atrocity. But 99.999999 % of gun owners go about their business every day without a thought to such deeds.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Was this kids gun aquired legally or illegally?

One story I read said that it was a gift from his parents on his 21st birthday. I don't remember which story but it was an interview with a guy who claimed to be his roomie.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
www.11alive.com...
At White Knoll High School in Lexington, S.C., Roof "hung out with the weird people," the classmate who did not want to be associated publicly with Roof, said. Roof adopted a "goth" style, wearing black clothing and black make-up, the former student said.

The only thing that is missing is the black trench coat, and if that is confirmed, he's solidly into the profile of Harris and Klebold of Columbine massacre infamy.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
So anti gun rhetoric is exploiting the dead but we sure as hell can talk about more guns being the solution....
Double standard for sure.

I was guilty too and going to retract my question that was leading.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Has the story of the gun being a gift from his Father ever been confirmed?

Or is that just another wild rumor.

The real question is whether or not he had any registered guns of his own.

We already know he had some "unregistered" medications.

We know he was a criminal.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: retiredTxn

I get your point. I really do. I just don't see any reason to ignore that there is "likely" a race based element to the attack.

That won't hold up in court, no. But we don't have to ignore the angle either.

There are other angles to consider as well. Whether people want to accept it or not, this 21 year old man most obviously has some serious mental problems. We don't know that for sure. Given time, we may find out either way. This was murder regardless. I am not saying ignore it. Investigate and find out for sure. The waters have already been muddied. Lets wait until the waters clear and we know more.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanZombie

I think the people in the church didn't have the hindsight we do. Who knows how well they were looking at him or if he just came in and no one really paid any extra attention to him.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They want to stop people from inheriting family guns, I guess they want a persons guns turned in to the LEO's when they die.

Feds don't like the P2P gun transfers also.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This makes me wonder what it would take to make it harder for mentally ill individuals to have access to guns?

Any type of regulation called for is shot down by gunners and NRA.

Kids getting killed didn't do it, so I doubt this will. What will it take for someone to have the balls to make laws that will make it hard to own a gun.

As for the guy pointing out that mass shootings also happen elsewhere..show us where it is a regular occurrence in a first world country other than America.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: krosnos

Define mentally ill, most people considers a person that visit (has a membership to) a conspiracy site mentally ill.

I am a mental health patient, try and take my gun.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: starfoxxx

originally posted by: projectbane
Just another day in the wild west that is America and the idiots who are allowed guns for their rampant killing
sprees.

Give a coward a gun and his bravery jumps ten fold.

Get out of here, Anyone ANYWHERE who wants to get a gun to kill people can, legally, illegally, if the government has outawed guns or not.. Screaming gun control during a TRAGIC EVENT like this is NO LESS then EXPLOITING THE DEAD...

BUG off.

Hmmm, ignoring the fact these incidents are a notoriously regular occurrence in the US and not in other 1st world countries, specifically because of how ridiculously lax gun regulation is in the US, is just asking for it to happen again and again and again.

Lax gun regulations? This happened in a "gun free zone" It was illegal to have a gun in that church. What other gun regulation would have stopped him from shooting people in a gun free zone?

Criminals don't obey laws. They would get a gun illegally and would ignore every single gun law that exists. How is more stern gun laws going to stop anything?

Are deliberately being ignorant, or do you seriously not see the ironic contradiction in saying people break laws, then wondering why localized 'gun free zones' are ineffective.

Fact is, this guy didn't obtain a gun illegally, nor do any of the other mass shooters in the US. If you had to get a 3rd party authority figure (doctor, police, officer of the court, for example) to vouch that they know you and your a stable person, then the majority of these mass shootings simply wouldn't happen. Proven by the lack of mass shootings in other countries.

Any regulation must be nation wide to be effective.

And saying these mass shooting don't happen in other countries is a flagrant lie.

I never said they 'never' happen in other countries. I said there not a regular occurrence, like in the US.

Anyway, that's all I have to say. So don't be surprised when I don't reply when you come back with a rebuttal of how every citizen should be armed with an AK, or how the lax US gun regulations are the only thing preventing the government from enacting Marshall law, or whatever other delusional paranoid nonsense.

This will just keep happening unless stricter gun regulations are enacted.
edit on 18-6-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

This will just keep happening unless stricter gun regulations are enacted.

Nonsense.

Gun regulations have been relaxed over the last 15 or so years and violent crime rates have been on the decline.

There is ZERO evidence that stricter gun laws in the US lead to fewer murders... in fact, the exact opposite often occurs.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
When are they gonna get these animals under control? I'm sure he will be found to have mental issues or a hard upbringing...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Maybe these kinds of shootings don't happen regularly in other countries because they don't have idiotic gun free zones, so killers are more often afraid they will get killed if they go on a killing spree. Here though, they look forward to it because they are twisted and enjoy the foreknowledge that no one will be shooting back at them.

I don't obey the "gun free zone" law because it is an illegal law and violates the 2nd amendment, and if someone starts shooting at people when I'm in a "stupid zone" they will die. Everyone has a right to self defense.

The people who make these stupid gun laws make sure these laws don't apply to them. They send their kids to schools where the "gun free zone" is exempted. Those schools have armed guards. How blatantly rotten is that one?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mooncricket
When are they gonna get these animals under control? I'm sure he will be found to have mental issues or a hard upbringing...

How and the F did your username get approved?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanZombie

What's wrong with my name?

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join