It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops manhandle teens at Dallas pool party after complaints from neighbors

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I see your point. Some of these actions are just making for future ignorant actions from those whose lack respect of others and their rights.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreBeer

Lmao the lady who threw the pool party. Posted a video the kids that where there was invited most off them live in that neighborhood. The fight was started by an adult white female saying racial slurs to a teenager. She then called the cops and said theres was a bunch of hoodlums at the pool so cops run in rambo style cause theres a bunch off black people at a predominantly white neighborhood lmao. And theres videos of the entire altercation lol.. so who was the animals 😂😂😂
edit on 8-6-2015 by knowledgesponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgesponge

Lmao the lady who threw the pool party. Posted a video the kids that where there was invited most off them live in that neighborhood. The fight was started by an adult white female saying racial slurs to a teenager. She then called the cops and said theres was a bunch of hoodlums at the pool so cops run in rambo style cause theres a bunch off black people at a predominantly black neighborhood lmao. And theres videos of the entire altercation lol.. so who was the animals 😂😂😂

The racial slurs were directed at the parents and children of the community from the outsiders who were eventually detained. Not the other way around.

Your version of events is blatantly false and offensive.

They are the ones who invaded the pool by climbing the fences and starting the whole mess.

Not the parents.

Guess facts don't matter to you or people who think like you. You see bad policeman and a protective class and think everything must be the police mans fault.

Keep up your ignorance though. Anyone who understands what occurs in the US in this day and age knows the truth.

Enjoy your victimization pity party thread.

edit on 8-6-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgesponge

Lmao the lady who threw the pool party. Posted a video the kids that where there was invited most off them live in that neighborhood. The fight was started by an adult white female saying racial slurs to a teenager. She then called the cops and said theres was a bunch of hoodlums at the pool so cops run in rambo style cause theres a bunch off black people at a predominantly white neighborhood lmao. And theres videos of the entire altercation lol.. so who was the animals 😂😂😂

I'm sorry, where is there a video that shows a white female saying racial slurs? The video only shows two people fighting and you don't see who actually attacked whom. At this point, this part is all rumor.

And the white lady didn't call police. It was reported that the security guard called police because he couldn't handle the situation.

There was an advertisement on twitter about this pool party and a lot of people there were NOT from the neighborhood and didn't have passes.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Glad the 2 officers quickly intervened when the officer drew his gun. I imagine those two were having flashes of a shooting and all the hoopla that would some down over it.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
I saw this earlier on the news and was absolutely horrified. Teens trying to swim in a pool where they are not members, and had a gun pulled on them and were thrown to the ground? What? Unbelievable.

Trespassing? Is that what it is? Barely even a misdemeanor? That cute girl in the yellow bikini is going to be traumatized following this. I truly am amazed that somebody who is supposed to be a "grown up man" like this officer, could pull a gun like that on mischievous teens. There should be laws..........

I see things a bit differently. The cute girl in the yellow bikini was chased away two times before the cop did anything. She engaged the cop verbally while he was trying to disperse the crowd. I don't know where you come from but that's called "interference with a law enforcement officer" here. The two young men that approached the cop from behind were putting the cop in fear of his life. When they ran away the cop holstered his gun and continued with his duties.

Watch the video again and you'll see several other people who continued to show up time to time. They were interfering and trying to cause further problems. I hope that when this video is reviewed by investigators that warrants will be issued for them.

This event has nothing to do with a civil rights issue but one of bad behavior by the party-goers.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer

originally posted by: windword

The cops did what they had to do to keep peace and protect innocents and the neighborhood.

Protect the innocent? The girl in the orange bikini that was illegally and brutally attacked by officer "Manhandler", was an invited guest, as were the boys trying to defend her, who got a gun drawn on them for their efforts.

And, by the way, the complaining innocent adults didn't look so innocent, either!

Funny how those adults were helping the police men to do their job and none were arrested.

So yeah they were innocent of any wrong doing.

But let me guess again the lunatic in the orange bikini didn't do nothing right?

Off course she did something horrible she cried.. I want my mother!! to which mr professional police man slammed her pretty lil animal?? head in beautiful Texas green grass, but it's ok I am pretending not to be bitter and lash out , but one day it will catch up with me and folks like me will just drop dead of stroke caused by built up stress.

edit on 8-6-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Right she was just standing there minding her own business not doing nothing and the mean white police men slammed her head into the ground for no reason what so ever.

Got it.

Enjoy your victimization thread.

Have a great day!

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: grainofsand the incident would of probably only required police community service officers, maybe a couple of old ladies could of handled the situation better

I could have! Not "old", exactly, but not young, and nothing they did looked threatening to me. Sheesh, I broke up hotel parties all the time; me and an unarmed guard, with 15-20+ people in attendance, at night, and no one ever caused an issue. These kids weren't threatening at all.

www.breitbart.com...

Watch the video near the middle of the article. Here are the non-threatening kids in full glory of a cat fight at the pool party. No police in this video. Just those 'non-threatening, non- violent kids' involved in a fight. Here is a quote from a resident of the community that just happens to be black:

One resident, Benet Embry, a black man, posted on Facebook about the events leading up to the police call. “Look, I LIVE in this community and this ENTIRE incident is NOT racial at all,” Embry wrote. “A few THUGS spoiled a COMMUNITY event by fighting, jumping over fences into a PRIVATE pool, harassing and damaging property. Not EVERYTHING is about RACE. WE have other issues that NEED our attention other flights of made up make believe causes

Let me be clear. I am no fan of the police and their current militarization and brutality but, there is more to this story and it isn't race that is the problem here. It's lack of respect. People who were not invited to this party showed up and 'jumped the fence' according to someone that was there. They didn't respect the residents. They didn't respect private property. Here is another quote from another resident:

Another McKinney resident, Bryan Gestner, posted on Facebook, “This was a Twitter party that turned into a mob event. Jumping pool fence. Assaulting 2 security guards, attacking a mother with three little girls. The video doesn’t show everything.” He continued saying the kids were drinking and “smoking weed” and they would not listen to any of the adults around the pool.

[/quote]

“This isn’t about race,” he continued. “This is about outside kids invading our neighborhood and had no respect for authority or the residents here. I have a target on my back now and I have been threatened by these punks that they are gonna shoot up my house when all I did was try to control the mob and actually tended to the girl and the boy that had a bloody lip.”

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer

Right she was just standing there minding her own business not doing nothing and the mean white police men slammed her head into the ground for no reason what so ever.

Got it.

Enjoy your victimization thread.

Have a great day!

It's ok the animals had been rounded up and sent back to their proper habitat all is well, remember...THIS IS YOUR WORLD... THEY ARE JUST SQUIRRELS TRYING TO GET A NUT!

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

a reply to: grainofsand the incident would of probably only required police community service officers, maybe a couple of old ladies could of handled the situation better

I could have! Not "old", exactly, but not young, and nothing they did looked threatening to me. Sheesh, I broke up hotel parties all the time; me and an unarmed guard, with 15-20+ people in attendance, at night, and no one ever caused an issue. These kids weren't threatening at all.

www.breitbart.com...

Watch the video near the middle of the article. Here are the non-threatening kids in full glory of a cat fight at the pool party. No police in this video. Just those 'non-threatening, non- violent kids' involved in a fight. Here is a quote from a resident of the community that just happens to be black:

One resident, Benet Embry, a black man, posted on Facebook about the events leading up to the police call. “Look, I LIVE in this community and this ENTIRE incident is NOT racial at all,” Embry wrote. “A few THUGS spoiled a COMMUNITY event by fighting, jumping over fences into a PRIVATE pool, harassing and damaging property. Not EVERYTHING is about RACE. WE have other issues that NEED our attention other flights of made up make believe causes

Let me be clear. I am no fan of the police and their current militarization and brutality but, there is more to this story and it isn't race that is the problem here. It's lack of respect. People who were not invited to this party showed up and 'jumped the fence' according to someone that was there. They didn't respect the residents. They didn't respect private property. Here is another quote from another resident:

Another McKinney resident, Bryan Gestner, posted on Facebook, “This was a Twitter party that turned into a mob event. Jumping pool fence. Assaulting 2 security guards, attacking a mother with three little girls. The video doesn’t show everything.” He continued saying the kids were drinking and “smoking weed” and they would not listen to any of the adults around the pool.

[/quote]

“This isn’t about race,” he continued. “This is about outside kids invading our neighborhood and had no respect for authority or the residents here. I have a target on my back now and I have been threatened by these punks that they are gonna shoot up my house when all I did was try to control the mob and actually tended to the girl and the boy that had a bloody lip.”

So these same kids came back the next night and kicked in neighbors doors, stealing a truck and crashing into other cars? Disgraceful. (Shaking head)
edit on 8-6-2015 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

So these same kids came back the next night and kicked in neighbors' doors, stole a truck and then crashed into other cars? Disgraceful. (shaking head)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

While I agree the girl and some of those folks did something wrong, at the same time what the cop did was way too excessive.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

But let me guess again the lunatic in the orange bikini didn't do nothing right?

Pretty much, why do you think they just let her go with no charges filed?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

So these same kids came back the next night and kicked in neighbors' doors, stole a truck and then crashed into other cars? Disgraceful. (shaking head)

Now the police can arrest them and let these teenagers know it is not about race, it is about crime. They will wonder why more of the community will not welcome them in the future.
edit on 6/8/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/8/2015 by roadgravel because: typos

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

the kids were there because they were invited to a party.

WASHINGTON -- When Miles Jai Thomas arrived at a party at the Craig Ranch North Community Pool in McKinney, Texas, on Friday night, the pool was open to everyone -- until a security guard showed up and removed black partygoers from the area.

“Then he started making up rules to keep us out,” Thomas, 15, told The Huffington Post.

A white woman at the pool started making racist comments, Thomas said, such as telling black teens at the party to get used to the bars outside the pool because that’s all they were going to see.

Grace Stone, 14, who is white, told BuzzFeed News that she and friends objected to an adult woman making racist comments to other teens at the party and that the woman turned violent.

This is when, according to Thomas, a 19-year-old black woman told the belligerent white woman to stop fighting with the teenagers. The white woman called the black woman a “young bitch,” then walked up to her. After the young woman said her age out loud, the older woman punched her in the face. Another unidentified white woman jumped in as well before Thomas, who was recording the incident, and his friends went to break it up.

It was after this incident that the cops showed up and “started cursing and yelling at us,” Thomas said. He described an officer manhandling a young girl, as shown in this video embedded above.

“So a cop grabbed her arm and flipped her to the ground after she and him were arguing about him cursing at us,” Thomas said.

When two teens went toward the cop to help the girl, they were accused of sneaking up on the cop to attack.

“So a cop yelled 'get those mother#ers' and they chased [us] with guns out. That's why in the video I started running,” Thomas said.

"I was scared because all I could think was, 'Don't shoot me,'" he said.

About 20 people were handcuffed during the incident, Thomas estimated. McKinney Chief of Police Greg Conley said in a press conference that one arrest was made, according to BuzzFeed News.

notice, the cops did not bother ANY of the white people. not even the woman who started the whole thing with her racist remarks.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

While I agree the girl and some of those folks did something wrong, at the same time what the cop did was way too excessive.

I would have to agree. Police today are not taught how to properly handle a tense situation. My personal opinion, people running away should have been allowed to leave. After all the police were called to disperse the crowd. In this situation they should have let them leave and dealt with the remaining people.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: windword
It's doormats like that who let the police do whatever they want, I love how this superhero cop is a sergeant..yikes this goof sets the bar for the rest?..scary.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackthorne
a reply to: Answer

the kids were there because they were invited to a party.

If you look at the twitter feed of the party you will notice that the 'party' was not at the pool. The party was in the lot next to the pool. People started jumping the fence to the pool area. They were not invited to the pool .They were invited to a party in the lot where there was a DJ etc. At least that is what I got from the twitter account.
edit on 8-6-2015 by Khaleesi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Legman

I saw actually nothing that bothers me on that video... other than todays youth.

Yes, I know, how troublesome can they be?? Standing around on private property in swimsuits, listening to music, socializing, and...swimming!

Can you believe it?

Why, if I were their parent I cannot even begin to explain the level of shame I would feel finding out my child was behaving in such a manner. Where do those punks get off thinking it's OK to be human? Seriously...

Yeah, the morals of this country are just going to hell.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join