It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops manhandle teens at Dallas pool party after complaints from neighbors

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

There was a time when kids were taught to do as the police tell you. They didn't have to fear the police then and didn't.They thought the police were their friends then.But picture this, lets say that everyone exercises their 'right' to talk back to the police. Now the police come on a scene and they don't know who did what right off.They are trying to find out and A diffuse a situation,or B decide who did what to who and is now going to be arrested. This is their job, but guess what? They now have 20 people running their mouths at them telling them what they can and can't do. Its called anarchy folks. This is where you tip over into the riot scene with no one listening to what they are being told. You wouldn't want to be there at that time. Posters on here want to ignore that fact that the police can't have people jumping up in their face and bad mouthing them when they are trying to get control over a situation.

Now in most of these posts of this nature (police brutality) I tend to sway to yes the police went waaaay too far. But not this one. The reason? Some of the kids were told to stay put and didn't,and some were told to leave and didn't. When the police give you an order, THEY ARE NOT JOKING. They want you to leave to lessen the number of people they are having to deal with,and believe you not to be involved. If they tell you to stay,its because they believe you either were involved or saw something and they need that information for the report and to decide who did what.

What I am trying to say here is that,yes you do have rights and ,no if you insist on exercising them RIGHT AT THAT MOMENT you will end up at the very least arrested. It is by far better to go to court with your lawyer and fight it out there. On the street,the cops can think up a million reasons why they 'had' to arrest you. Once you have a record,come tell me if its worth it. Now having a sister in law that lives in that area, I can tell you that Texas is like Missouri on steroids when it comes to their laws. And the judges do tend to go with the police side. So basically this is for anyone that has answered me back.If you feel your rights are stepped on,fight it in court,not in the streets with the police.This is why there is so many problems on the streets now. We were raised to respect authority not mouth off to it.We did not have problems with the police. Other people need to raise their kids the same way.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The kid that ran acted on instinct, I can tell you right now even if I have done nothing wrong and someone pulls a gun on me im going to run cop or not end of story. In a country that is facing police killings and brutality on a daily basis
i can imagine why people are scared. Anyone who thinks the way police are acting in the U.S at the moment is fine have some mental issues, ill tell you right now from the outside (Australia) it looks like you guys are being treated like a herd of animals.

Oh and for people saying why did this make it to the media need to watch the full clip, because when that kid that ran gets walked back by the filthy swine it is very clear to see he has blood coming from hes mouth and is spitting blood.

Its a good thing videos are being released of this sort of thing but i cant help but think the more people see the more accepted it will be.
Wake the # up humans do something about this #.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
I saw this earlier on the news and was absolutely horrified. Teens trying to swim in a pool where they are not members, and had a gun pulled on them and were thrown to the ground? What? Unbelievable.

Trespassing? Is that what it is? Barely even a misdemeanor? That cute girl in the yellow bikini is going to be traumatized following this. I truly am amazed that somebody who is supposed to be a "grown up man" like this officer, could pull a gun like that on mischievous teens. There should be laws..........

They were invited by a resident of the house, so they weren't trespassing according to the article I read. It was neighbors who called police, and the police treated them as trespassers but they had been invited by the teenager of the house.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

Whatever. These kids got what they deserved. Mobbing up like that and refusing to disperse is unacceptable. How hard is it to just leave when there is trouble? Sh@# for brains. Who is teaching these kids how to act?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

So friends walking over to talk to other friends is called "mobbing up" these days?. Get a grip. It doesn't matter if the young girl was listening or not, she is not a threat she has no weapon therefore there is NO excuse to attack her. I think its pretty clear to see when the cop comes running in like rambo at the start he wanted to use some sort of force warranted or not.

What sort of grown man finds a 14 year old girl ( i think it was her age) with no weapon a threat? If you think this is fine mate you are the sh@# for brains. Don't forget why police are hired, to PROTECT and serve NOT attack children.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: s0jwa

Stared your post for the well founded logic and reason. Good to see some people here get what was going on in that video and all it implies.

I agree with your assessment.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

You actually don't have to obey the police until they tell you that you're under arrest.

Not to mention they were told to leave then told to sit when they had been invited in the 1st place and had no clue what the hell was going on.
edit on 6/7/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: s0jwa
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

So friends walking over to talk to other friends is called "mobbing up" these days?. Get a grip. It doesn't matter if the young girl was listening or not, she is not a threat she has no weapon therefore there is NO excuse to attack her. I think its pretty clear to see when the cop comes running in like rambo at the start he wanted to use some sort of force warranted or not.

What sort of grown man finds a 14 year old girl ( i think it was her age) with no weapon a threat? If you think this is fine mate you are the sh@# for brains. Don't forget why police are hired, to PROTECT and serve NOT attack children.

But ARE they hired to protect and serve?
Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone
www.nytimes.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

I'm sure they serve someone, just not your average person, you know like you or me.
edit on 7-6-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well since you asked here are the felonies associated with the officers conduct in the video.

Mr manhandler would be committing something like a violation of:
Title 10 u.s.c. subsection 928 article 127 - assault.

Also possibly :
Title 18 u.s.c subsection 242 - deprivation of rights under color of law

Cops standing by doing nothing while other cop commits felony coukd be charged with this:
Title 10, subtitle A, part 2, chapter 47, subtitle 878 - accessory after the fact
edit on 7-6-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Its called failure to obey:

Sec. 53a-167a. Interfering with an officer: Class A misdemeanor. (a) A person is guilty of interfering with an officer when such person obstructs, resists, hinders or endangers any peace officer, special policeman appointed under section 29-18b or firefighter in the performance of such peace officer's, special policeman's or firefighter's duties.

(b) Interfering with an officer is a class A misdemeanor.

(1971, P.A. 871, S. 50; P.A. 76-225; P.A. 01-84, S. 11, 26; P.A. 05-180, S. 4.)
www.expertlaw.com...

Your rights do not supersede the rights of others. In a time of emergency,if you willfully refuse to obey an officer of the law,it is a failure to obey. Just because you are not under arrest,does not mean you can do whatever you want. Good grief.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

ahh, nothing compared to some other police officers absurd actions on camera.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SkyStarOne

True, there are worse videos out there. But, it is just another sad example of the quality of law enforcement training and policies we have lately.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Unreal...

@ 3:30 - 4:30 - A grown ass thug manhandling a young girl like that..? Really?! Notice how he ran over to the group she was in and singled her out?

I like the part where he rants like a wussy about having to chase after them with 30lbs of gear on. Lazy F.....!

The two adults standing there did not have the balls to tell him to get off her back?

People are that scared of police in the States?

Better screening is needed in America to become a police officer....drug (steroid) screening that is...

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
lol, he's like 4 ft tall.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

We have similar laws here in Canada....but you don't see this crap going on.

The officer was a racist A-hole. Plain and simple.

Sec. 53a-167a. Interfering with an officer: Class A misdemeanor. (a) A person is guilty of interfering with an officer when such person obstructs, resists, hinders or endangers any peace officer, special policeman appointed under section 29-18b or firefighter in the performance of such peace officer's, special policeman's or firefighter's duties.

www.expertlaw.com...

Your rights do not supersede the rights of others. In a time of emergency,if you willfully refuse to obey an officer of the law,it is a failure to obey. Just because you are not under arrest,does not mean you can do whatever you want. Good grief.

Ok...so tell me why the officer was suspended then...?

edit on 8-6-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: Kali74

www.expertlaw.com...

I didn't see any of that happen. What i did see was a bunch of kids standing around mostly confused due to police asking one thing then demanding another.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Funny, how some members still defend the cops action.

Let me tell you something about communication skills:

I did work a couple of seasons as a Lifeguard/pool supervisor where we had up to 7000 visitors a day.

In sommer it's hot, a lot of people get hotheaded, teenagers with raging hormones sourrounded by girls in bikinis, some folks drinking beer (and getting drunk quite fast since its hot) etc. its the norm.

So i got "disturbance" reports on a weekly basis. Most often:
- i got hit by a ball/frisbee
- there are people smoking pot
- my personal fav: there are people having sex

So in my role i had to do something. I was always outnumbered, never armed.

So my usual line of communication was:

"Hi guys, sorry to disturb you, i got a report, that you did this or that.
Can you tell me what happenend from your point of view?

I understand, you want to have fun (throwing balls, smoking or having sex). And everybody else wants to have fun as well.
I even understand when you think the ones making the report are narrow minded. Not everyone is a happy camper.
So what about you just move to the other side of the pool area, there is more space to play ball. "

(Even did it with adult pot smokers; look if nobody sees or smells anything there wont be a problem).

If there is another report i might have you to leave, which would be sad.

Over 90% said they understand the situation and complied. The other 10% i asked to leave.

I never ever used foul language (they are my customers after all) and i only had to call the cops twice (one case a pedo was taking pics in the kiddie area, the other one stole a wallet when i adressed him he pulled a knife and run).

This way of nonviolent communication solves problems, creates a solution where everyone is happy and makes my job so much easier.

I don't know why some cops don't get these basics.
Even in this video you see it; the blonde cop (who stand next to the car and gets the flashlight back) is cool and friendly.
He is in the exact same "crime"-scene in the exact same position like the powertripping wannabe SWAT member.

The blonde cop will be respected and goes home relaxed and fullfilled after his shift.
The powertripper will not be respected and prolly will go deeper in the circle of violence. His face is worldwide in the news, he has to fear losing his job and even putting next assignments as mallcop in danger. Let alone the effects of his blood pressure on his health.

So, everyday, choose yourself which way you want to go. It's simple as that.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
For those defending the actions of the police officer, I have a word of advice... children are children. Do you remember when you were 14? Have you ever tried herding cats? It's remarkably the same situation.

These children were invited to a pool party and they got on their swim suits, grabbed a towel and walked to the pool.

Is it their fault that some older lady with a twisted sense of what's right for her neighbourhood decided to attack one of those kids, pulling her hair and causing the stir that got the police involved?

Why did the policeman not calmly attempt to understand what the situation was before he started screaming at the children, swearing and telling them to sit down and walk away? Does that make sense to you?

The problem was the neighbours who saw a large group of children walking to the pool and thought; 'Well, there goes the neighbourhood' and took matters into their own hands. THEY were in the wrong, not the children who got knocked around and even saw a gun pulled on them.

Bloody ridiculous. Reminds me of when my two sons were harassed by the police for playing on a schoolyard swing set after school was let out. They were 11 and 13 at the time. At least that officer didn't pull a gun on them... I'll give credit where credit is due.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I find it incredible that there are some people who see nothing wrong with the police actions here. You people will find an excuse for anything won't you? THEY WERE TEENAGERS who used a public pool to have a bit of fun, not friggin terrorists threatening to blow up the neighbourhood - sadly enough apparently this needs pointing out to some.

Have you people become so indoctrinated to the thought of violence that something like this seems perfectly normal? Us "foreigners" looking in from the outside are appalled and astonished not only that this goes on over there, but that some people actually think it's perfectly OK. You are walking a dangerously fine line folks, one that can very easily end in martial law and social collapse all because you didn't see the warning signs.

edit on 8/6/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

I suspect the heat and the gear part, plus the fact he fell down as he charged in, added to the attitude.

It's only going to get hotter in Texas through the summer. Could be mom gets upset when he comes home with strains on his uniform from falling down.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join