It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops manhandle teens at Dallas pool party after complaints from neighbors

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
I find it incredible that there are some people who see nothing wrong with the police actions here. You people will find an excuse for anything won't you? THEY WERE TEENAGERS who used a public pool to have a bit of fun, not friggin terrorists threatening to blow up the neighbourhood - sadly enough apparently this needs pointing out to some.

Have you people become so indoctrinated to the thought of violence that something like this seems perfectly normal? Us "foreigners" looking in from the outside are appalled and astonished not only that this goes on over there, but that some people actually think it's perfectly OK. You are walking a dangerously fine line folks, one that can very easily end in martial law and social collapse all because you didn't see the warning signs.

First of all, it's not a public pool. It is a private pool for that particular neighbhorhood and you need a pool card to get in the gate. In most situations you can invite up to 3 guests to a pool and they have to obey the rules. The home owners pay a monthly HOA fee to use the pool.

This pool "party" was advertised on twitter and around 70 people showed up. (See earlier post by Kali) Who tweeted that?

There are witnesses who say way too many kids showed up and several hopped the fence to the pool. They were rowdy, threw stuff in the pool and cursed those who tried to get them to leave. A security guard started separating those who didn't belong (didn't have a pass) They refused to leave and cursed the guard. Another witness said several fights broke out, not just one. This was the reason for calling the police. (We only saw the video of the woman and teen fighting)

Now, after all that, I agree that the cop was too aggressive and should NEVER have used profanity on the teens. That only escalated the situation. Pulling the gun was so wrong and he was suspended for it. No one was killed or even injured, thankfully.

Those witnesses who came forward to talk with my local news this morning refused to have their faces shown due to the fact that the ones who support the police action are receiving threats. That is wrong, too. Threats? Come on, people.

I have stated in earlier posts that I have many clients in that area, both white and black, and will see what I can find out from them today. There is more to this story that is not being reported. I have also heard that someone there was passing around dime bags, although that hasn't been verified and is doubtful.

There is going to be a protest march in McKinney at Comstock high school after a 6pm conference. Unfortunately, I will be in the Stonebridge Ranch area during that time and won't see it.

I don't support what this particular cop did, he was out of line, but I do know all the facts aren't in yet so I am going to wait until the full story comes out.

(post by Danowski removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I think many here don't object to the fact that people were asked to leave but it was the way it was handled.

A question ... Did it mention if the area shown was the pool property and are the roads in the area public?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It's the cops job to be intimidating. That's how they get their job done. They're not kindergarten teachers they're cops.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

First of all, it's not a public pool. It is a private pool for that particular neighbhorhood and you need a pool card to get in the gate. In most situations you can invite up to 3 guests to a pool and they have to obey the rules. The home owners pay a monthly HOA fee to use the pool.

OMG!!! Some kids invaded an exclusive pool to have some innocent fun - lets call the cops and have them start pointing guns and manhandling them like they're terrorists!!!!!

Thanks for proving my point.

There are witnesses who say way too many kids showed up and several hopped the fence to the pool. They were rowdy, threw stuff in the pool and cursed those who tried to get them to leave. A security guard started separating those who didn't belong (didn't have a pass) They refused to leave and cursed the guard. Another witness said several fights broke out, not just one. This was the reason for calling the police. (We only saw the video of the woman and teen fighting)

Still not a reason to go Iraq/Afghanistan on their asses. THEY ARE KIDS for crying out loud.

I have stated in earlier posts that I have many clients in that area, both white and black, and will see what I can find out from them today. There is more to this story that is not being reported. I have also heard that someone there was passing around dime bags, although that hasn't been verified and is doubtful.

Whoopdy friggin doo! So the kids wanted to have a little smoke while they had some fun, STILL not a reason to go WW2 on their asses.

There is going to be a protest march in McKinney at Comstock high school after a 6pm conference. Unfortunately, I will be in the Stonebridge Ranch area during that time and won't see it.

I don't support what this particular cop did, he was out of line, but I do know all the facts aren't in yet so I am going to wait until the full story comes out.

It is indicative of American cops as a whole, and people are seeing it as yet another example of how ridiculously brutal and over-the-top American cops have become.

edit on 8/6/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Some kids NEED a trip to jail to teach them that idiotic actions do have serious consequences.

With that type of attitude you deserve the police state that America has become.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

I think many here don't object to the fact that people were asked to leave but it was the way it was handled.

A question ... Did it mention if the area shown was the pool property and are the roads in the area public?

These cities like McKinney, Frisco, Plano, etc...have community pools that only homeowners are allowed to use. They can have guests but they require passes to enter. That, to me, makes it a private pool.

I agree it wasn't handled well at all. But the situation was totally out of control at the pool, which is why the police were called in the first place.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: texasgirl

OMG!!! Some kids invaded an exclusive pool to have some innocent fun - lets call the cops and have them start pointing guns and manhandling them like they're terrorists!!!!!

Thanks for proving my point.

Still not a reason to go Iraq/Afghanistan on their asses. THEY ARE KIDS for crying out loud.

Whoopdy friggin doo! So the kids wanted to have a little smoke while they had some fun, STILL not a reason to go WW2 on their asses.

It is indicative of American cops as a whole, and people are seeing it as yet another example of how ridiculously brutal and over-the-top American cops have become.

Calm down, I am telling you what happened. No one went "full Irag/Afghanistan" on them. Did SWAT show up? Did the cops drive up in military vehicles? Was someone killed or shot? NO.

I agree it was wrong and the cop deserved to be suspended. Stop freaking out over my post.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Not a fan of cops really. But when a cop is in the middle of subduing someone, no matter if he's wrong or not, you DON'T run up behind them. That is a stupid thing to do.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
Not a fan of cops really. But when a cop is in the middle of subduing someone, no matter if he's wrong or not, you DON'T run up behind them. That is a stupid thing to do.

Yeah... you're right. Compliance to violent police behaviour should be taught in primary grades.

[/sarcasm]

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

Yeah... you're right. Compliance to violent police behaviour should be taught in primary grades.

[/sarcasm]

Yeah, you're right, when a cop is acting up a little, in a way that has ZERO threat to life, you should ramp it up by attacking him and risking getting shot or spending a decade in prison because you lost your cool too.

Emotions are KEY. Let's let emotions make our decisions for us . F**** logic. Match dumb with dumber. Awesome!!

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

They're KIDS, BITF.

Children.

How do you expect them to act in an adult, experienced way when they're just children?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

They're KIDS, BITF.

Children.

How do you expect them to act in an adult, experienced way when they're just children?

You're right. They're kids. Meaning they should have attacked the cop and had a RECORD for the rest of their life and possibly get shot. We should teach our kids to lose their cool when cops lose their cool. To MATCH IT!!

Justice. Payback. Emotions. Because THAT'LL improve children's lives!!

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I understand the private pool. I was wondering if the action took place on the private property or a public area. Were the people confronting the police on private property at the time?

As mentioned in the thread, speaking to police and gathering on public property isn't a crime.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Call me nuts if it fits, but I believe children should be protected from violence instead of being violated by the very forces that exist to protect them in the public sphere.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
If these home owners wanted the children arrested after the fact for trespass then wouldn't the police tell them they are under arrest which would give the police the to right to detain them. Otherwise leaving, which some were trying to do, was what was supposed to happen.

Looks like failure for another Officer of the Year winner.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

I understand the private pool. I was wondering if the action took place on the private property or a public area. Were the people confronting the police on private property at the time?

As mentioned in the thread, speaking to police and gathering on public property isn't a crime.

The property was on pool grounds so I am assuming it's private. I know when I'm in an HOA area there are security cars patrolling the area to keep people who don't live in the neighborhood from using their parks and pools.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

my wife read the story this morning and said, "Did you hear about those kids in McKinney? Yeah, apparently the folks in that gated community were feeling threatened by too many black kids so had the cops beat them up."

true or not, this is the 3rd time i have heard that opinion rendered by hispanic and white people outside of ATS. In a world where perception is reality.....

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Also, we have an ongoing spat being my apartment complex and the neighboring HOA community about them using our pool and us using their playground without permission. It's a problem here.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Would you idly stand-by and watch a cop brutally abuse your teenage friend or daughter?

What that kid did behind that cops back was a natural reaction of fight or flight...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join