It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops manhandle teens at Dallas pool party after complaints from neighbors

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
1) Not sure if this has been posted yet
2) Not sure what really is going on in the video but what I do know is...

- Kids were invited to a pool part in McKinney, a quiet suburban spot in Texas.
- Some neighbors got upset and reported some kids had "crashed" the party.
- An altercation broke out, cops were called and that's when the mayhem erupted.

Cops were running around trying to apprehend the suspects and apparently a rogue cop started to randomly pick out certain kids, verbally curse them, slam them to the ground, and handcuff them. He even restrained a 14 year old girl, roughed her up and handcuffed her, while kneeling in her back as she screamed for her mother.

The video is very disturbing. Some of the kids assisting a cop who had lost some equipment were also manhandled and told to stay on the ground.

It appears only one cop was super agitated and acted out of line but as always, social media has picked it up and is running with the story.

edit on 7-6-2015 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
American cops never look very professional. They always over reacting and aggravating situations.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
According to Gawker's article on this, the one officer has been suspended pending investigation.

From the police report:

First responding officers encountered a large crowd that refused to comply with police commands. Nine additional units responded to the scene. Officers were eventually able to gain control of the situation.

McKinney Police later learned of a video that was taken at the scene by an unknown party. This video has raised concerns that are being investigated by the McKinney Police Department. At this time, one of the responding officers has been placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of this investigation.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
American cops never look very professional. They always over reacting and aggravating situations.

This is a Brit saying this, folks. THis is what it looks like, here in the US, from the outside.

And it pretty much supports what I see, too. Cops seem primed for intimidation. From their cars and uniforms, to the interactions we see day after day.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I saw this earlier on the news and was absolutely horrified. Teens trying to swim in a pool where they are not members, and had a gun pulled on them and were thrown to the ground? What? Unbelievable.

Trespassing? Is that what it is? Barely even a misdemeanor? That cute girl in the yellow bikini is going to be traumatized following this. I truly am amazed that somebody who is supposed to be a "grown up man" like this officer, could pull a gun like that on mischievous teens. There should be laws..........

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

This is becoming a major issue with our police force. A lot of situations and killing would not happen if it were not for the LEO's handling of the situations.

They are becoming more aggresive and people are fearing for thier lives. Fight or flight is human instinct and in the presence of a LEO being aggresive you know you can't fight so people chose flight in fear of thier lives.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Wow, shocked, truly shocked.
So many folk on ATS call us Brits slaves of the Crown, but I'd rather be a slave here.
Every new police brutality thread I see on the forums (every day) I think to myself I can't be shocked again, but then I click on it and I am, deeply.
I feel for you folk, genuinely, and thank my lucky stars I was not born in the US.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
You should comply with police commands. But they did respond over aggressively and it seems to me they did single out African-Americans.

So once again I am shocked and appalled by their behavior and the overwhelming need to single African-Americans out . If I would've been there I would've almost certainly been going to jail .
edit on 7-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma
Most of them think they are Rambo in the Movies, knee jerk reactions are usually the symptoms of a weak mind. What a dick.

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
There's obviously more to this story than we can see in this video.

Additionally, when you run from the cops, they naturally assume there's a good reason. How is this so hard to understand?

When you're dealing with a police officer, you don't stand there talking crap to the cop and you don't disobey them when they ask you stay where you are. Additionally, when an officer has to take down your belligerent friend, you don't run up to the cop like you're about to assault him in defense of your friend or you WILL get a weapon pointed at you.

When I was a teenager and the cops showed up to a large gathering, the ones who ran and acted like idiots got treated like idiots. The ones who stayed put and listened to the cops were talked to and released.

I'll get labeled a cop supporter/idiot/whatever for typing all this but in EVERY SINGLE ONE of these cases, foolish people get roughed up by the cops because they wouldn't listen and decided to act tough instead of listening to the officer. There are plenty of people there not being messed with by the cops because they listened.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I saw actually nothing that bothers me on that video... other than todays youth.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Legman

I saw actually nothing that bothers me on that video... other than todays youth.

Well if you want to tolerate this type of police behaviour don't complain when it's used on you or yours

link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
You should comply with police commands. But they did respond over aggressively and it seems to me they did single out African-Americans.

So once again I am shocked and appalled by their behavior and the overwhelming need to single African-Americans out . If I would've been there I would've almost certainly been going to jail .

The video shows an officer talking to several of the kids trying to get information.

For all we know, the call was for some sort of criminal activity that was carried out by the black people in the group.

The video wants you to believe that this was because the cops are racist but if the description is "there are a bunch of black kids fighting" or whatever the hell started this whole thing, obviously the officers will respond accordingly.

link   
a reply to: Greathouse

If you are shocked as a US citizen then you can understand how I look at it.
Here in my part of the UK we have 1 cop per 1000 citizens in the Winter and 1 cop per 5000 citizens in the Summer when the tourists are here. They are vastly outnumbered, and 1 in 10 carry a tazer at most, the rest just extendable batons, they have to be friendly and reasonable as they know brutality just won't wash here.
Hell, they even gladly take assistance from us civilian blokes from time to time when they are losing the battle and doing the right thing in violent confrontation.

I know the US population is six times that of the UK but come on, the killings by cops, brutality during arrest and all the rest of it is completely disproportional to the differences in population. It seems horrible and scary over your side of the Atlantic.

I have never ever been scared of the police. I have never been worried when I've been arrested.
They use diplomacy and reason here every time if they can. In any reasonable sized town they are completely outnumbered so they have to win the crowd over, and in my opinion they do it well here, because they have to.
Do US cops even get taught anything about crowd psychology and negotiation, or is it all about control and compliance?

This ain't no pissing match here, I am genuinely saddened every time I click on a US police brutality thread, and I feel for all you guys who have to deal with it every day.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

That's messed up! The cop acts like a crazy person, telling kids to leave, then complaining and yelling and throwing them on the ground, claiming he told them to stay? Attacking a couple that were talking to another cop, after returning his flashlight? The girl he manhandled was terrified, rightly, and was leaving as he told her to before!

My husband, who lived for several years in the DFW area, says that, "There are no blacks in McKinney", and also, "It is a racist area." He knew a guy who lived there his whole life, with his mother. Overweight single guy, bearded, and living in a trailer, who seemed uncomfortable around blacks. Others he knew fro the area also stated it was very racist there.

Please check this article, and specifically, this addition at the bottom -

Texas Cop Suspended After Footage Emerges of Brutal Pool Party Arrests

Update, 2:05 p.m. – Buzzfeed News spoke to Brandon Brooks, who uploaded the video to Youtube. “I think a bunch of white parents were angry that a bunch of black kids who don’t live in the neighborhood were in the pool,” he said. “Everyone who was getting put on the ground was black, Mexican, Arabic,” he said. “[The cop] didn’t even look at me. It was kind of like I was invisible.” Brooks is white.

Looks like a racially motivated event to me.

Cop Suspended After Video Emerges Of Brutal Arrests At Teen Pool Party

Teens at the pool party told BuzzFeed News the police were called after a fight broke out between adults and teens at the pool. The teens said some adults made racist comments and told the teens to return to “Section 8 [public] housing.”

So, a bunch of racists didn't like black kids showing up to a community pool, picked fights, and the kids end up manhandled and arrested?

Not one person i that video was aggressive toward the cops, even when going over to protest the guy dragging that poor girl by her neck. That man needs to learn that isn't how one treats a teenage girl who was doing nothing wrong. I couldn't help but notice he chose as his target a girl in good shape, either. I doubt that was accidental. Maybe he should be investigated for more than this.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Legman

Well if you want to tolerate this type of police behaviour don't complain when it's used on you or yours

Well my son doesn't act like a hoodlum, or a thug, or run from the police.

So I think we are good on that front.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Police spokeswoman Sabrina Boston said the incident involved "multiple juveniles at the location, who do not live in the area or have permission to be there, refusing to leave." She said additional units were dispatched after the first officers to arrive "encountered a large crowd that refused to comply with police commands." Source

Funny how all of these "police brutality" stories begin with someone refusing to comply with police commands.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: Greathouse

The video shows an officer talking to several of the kids trying to get information.

For all we know, the call was for some sort of criminal activity that was carried out by the black people in the group.

The video wants you to believe that this was because the cops are racist but if the description is "there are a bunch of black kids fighting" or whatever the hell started this whole thing, obviously the officers will respond accordingly.

When I read the article and viewed the video I knew that was what they wanted me to think and I discounted it immediately. As I said in my post everyone should have complied with the police orders but when they didn't the police seemed to apply grab the black kids by their actions .

That was my observation on the events posted. I have never in my life allowed someone to plan an idea in my head .

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Dang par for the course these days

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Police spokeswoman Sabrina Boston said the incident involved "multiple juveniles at the location, who do not live in the area or have permission to be there, refusing to leave." She said additional units were dispatched after the first officers to arrive "encountered a large crowd that refused to comply with police commands." Source

Funny how all of these "police brutality" stories begin with someone refusing to comply with police commands.

Don't try to interject reason man....

This was obvious racism at work. I bet the people that called the police were racists too. Hell I guess I'm racist for not initially being outraged by the video.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join