It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops manhandle teens at Dallas pool party after complaints from neighbors

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Myself I place all the blame on military styled training and tactics .

I think one week out of the month minimum each police officer should have to walk the beat alone in the area they patrol .

There's one other thing I noticed that no one will talk about even here. After 9/11 all police agencies were given money to hire extra police . When that funding dried up most municipalities retained the police and either added a tax to pay for them or cut back on Municipal services to pay them.

Over the years I have started several threads on that topic and they all went nowhere . It baffled me because there was a conspiracy staring everyone in their face but no one would participate in it .

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: Answer
There's obviously more to this story than we can see in this video.

I agree. However, not int he same way. Check my initial post here for more information. Seems the area is racist (that from the hubby, not from any article), and the kids were verbally attacked at the pool for being black. Maybe some fighting occurred, and maybe not, and so far, there isn't evidence I have seen on that part of the story.

Additionally, when you run from the cops, they naturally assume there's a good reason. How is this so hard to understand?

When you're dealing with a police officer, you don't stand there talking crap to the cop and you don't disobey them when they ask you stay where you are. Additionally, when an officer has to take down your belligerent friend, you don't run up to the cop like you're about to assault him in defense of your friend or you WILL get a weapon pointed at you.

Watch the video again. He told kids several times to leave, then manhandled kids and told them, "I told you to stay". The girl was in a group he told to leave, and note he dragged her back to that area. She had followed orders, as far as we can see. Several kids were trying to locate belongings as well, and not one was aggressive. Even the ones going up to protest his abusing their friend weren't aggressive. I wouldn't have felt threatened by them, as an older woman, out of shape, and probably unarmed, but this fit cop with a gun was? Bull! He has issues.

When I was a teenager and the cops showed up to a large gathering, the ones who ran and acted like idiots got treated like idiots. The ones who stayed put and listened to the cops were talked to and released.

The kids were leaving. They were told to leave, so they were leaving, and because of that, they were somehow wrong? Wasnt' them going elsewhere the solution they sought?

I'll get labeled a cop supporter/idiot/whatever for typing all this but in EVERY SINGLE ONE of these cases, foolish people get roughed up by the cops because they wouldn't listen and decided to act tough instead of listening to the officer. There are plenty of people there not being messed with by the cops because they listened.

I agree with a lot of your posts, but I can't on this one. I will be the first one to call BS if the cops were int eh right, and have one so. I'll also call them wrong when they are, and this guy was wrong. Maybe some were fighting, and some sitting waiting didn't fight, or claim innocence. Even those around the video guy said the girl did nothing, though. Why was she singled out? Is the cop racist, or does he have some thing for teenage girls, maybe, or both?

The kids were shouted at because they aren't supposed to be at that pool if they don't live in the neighborhood and have a security card, period. It escalated and some racist terms might have been shouted but that's not the initial problem.

Some were told to leave, others were told to stay. The cops are trying to get rid of the people who weren't part of the problem and get to the bottom of what happened with the altercation. The kids are helping one officer sort it all out (the one who gets handed the flashlight).

The officers are trying to get control of the scene and get to the bottom of what happened. The best way to do that is to separate everyone into groups of "possibly involved", "probably involved", and "free to go" to avoid the exact sort of escalation we see in the video where idiots stand around mouthing off while the cops are trying to do their job.

link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

I think one week out of the month minimum each police officer should have to walk the beat alone in the area they patrol .

There's one other thing I noticed that no one will talk about even here. After 9/11 all police agencies were given money to hire extra police . When that funding dried up most municipalities retained the police and either added a tax to pay for them or cut back on Municipal services to pay them.

Over the years I have started several threads on that topic and they all went nowhere . It baffled me because there was a conspiracy staring everyone in their face but no one would participate in it .

Crime increases every year..... and its a conspiracy that police forces expanded? I think I know why those threads went nowhere.

link   
a reply to: Legman

I'm guilty of being an American citizen on the wrong side of the badge.

Seems to be an executionable offense now

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: grainofsand the incident would of probably only required police community service officers, maybe a couple of old ladies could of handled the situation better

I agree, a couple of PCSO's would have spoken to the youngsters, maybe a full warrant carrying cop would have appeared if they were struggling but then the majority would chill out.
It's usually fixed with negotiation in the UK, and it seems that is an alien concept to US cops, just control through force.

...but as I said earlier, our cops have to negotiate and find the least aggressive option because they are vastly outnumbered. They are also professionally trained to do so and they have no fear of being shot by citizens, as we generally do not fear that ourselves, just an extendable baton over the head. That ain't scary when the guy with the baton is outnumbered.

link   

a reply to: Answer maybe in a totalitarian police state with the highest incarceration rate in the industrial world

I guess you don't have hoodlum kids with no respect for authority over in England, huh?

link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

Ok well man.... I don't even know how to reply to that.

I yield the thread.

Cheers.... Don't forget to check for cops under the bed before you sleep

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Has nothing to do with race you say?

Teens at the pool party told BuzzFeed News the police were called after a fight broke out between adults and teens at the pool. The teens said some adults made racist comments and told the teens to return to “Section 8 [public] housing.”

And it would appear that some of these people who literally "crashed the party" were allowed to be there.

Brooks told BuzzFeed News several of the students were at the pool on guest passes for an end-of-school-year party.

Source

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Legman

Crime increases every year..... and its a conspiracy that police forces expanded? I think I know why those threads went nowhere.

Crime increases every year? Where did you get your information?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

a reply to: grainofsand the incident would of probably only required police community service officers, maybe a couple of old ladies could of handled the situation better

I agree, a couple of PCSO's would have spoken to the youngsters, maybe a full warrant carrying cop would have appeared if they were struggling but then the majority would chill out.
It's usually fixed with negotiation in the UK, and it seems that is an alien concept to US cops, just control through force.

...but as I said earlier, our cops have to negotiate and find the least aggressive option because they are vastly outnumbered. They are also professionally trained to do so and they have no fear of being shot by citizens, as we generally do not fear that ourselves, just an extendable baton over the head. That ain't scary when the guy with the baton is outnumbered.

Different mindsets all around. "Negotiation" doesn't always work on people. As evidenced by the kids refusing to leave where they didn't belong in the first place.
edit on 6/7/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

Teens at the pool party told BuzzFeed News the police were called after a fight broke out between adults and teens at the pool. The teens said some adults made racist comments and told the teens to return to “Section 8 [public] housing.”

And it would appear that some of these people who literally "crashed the party" were allowed to be there.

Brooks told BuzzFeed News several of the students were at the pool on guest passes for an end-of-school-year party.

Source

Nice selective quoting in an attempt to wave the race card. I give you a 2 out of 5 for effort.

It says that several of the students had guest passes. It does not say ALL of them did. That means that some people showed up uninvited and therefore "crashed the party." They were asked to leave and did not, thereby creating the problem.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I agree.
The cop I mentioned earlier who I spoke to was on the beat, massive round trip of 4 miles, but it does include the beaches so he was happy lol.
When we spoke about them being outnumbered he said "Yeh but you'd help me out if I was in the # wouldn't you?" and I replied "yep definitely, because I assume you would save my arse if I was being kicked to # on a Saturday night."
He agreed and we both laughed.
It sounds like the relationship between police and citizens in the US is one of fear and control.
I hope that never happens in my community, very sad state of affairs.
edit on 7.6.2015 by grainofsand because: typo

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

a reply to: Answer maybe in a totalitarian police state with the highest incarceration rate in the industrial world

I guess you don't have hoodlum kids with no respect for authority over in England, huh?

How many of those hoodlum kids are beaten and killed by cops each year? So now these kids who were invited to the pool are now hoodlums?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

I agree.
The cop I mentioned earlier who I spoke to was on the beat, massive round trip of 4 miles, but it does include the beaches so he was happy lol.
When we spoke about them being outnumbered he said "Yeh but you'd help me out if I was in the # wouldn't you?" and I replied "yep definitely, because I assume you would save my arse if I was being kicked to # on a Saturday night."
He agreed and we both laughed.
It sounds like the relationship between police and citizens in the US is one of fear and control.
I hope that never happens in my community, very sad state of affairs.

Unfortunately there is a much larger fear factor of the police then there use to be .But I cannot paint the entire force with a broad brush. There are some good cops out there it's just that the blue line prevents them from stepping up .

link   
People trying to justify the actions of this pig is the reason why they allowed to get away with all unnecessary violence they commit. First he needs to be tested to see what kind of drug he is on because he looks like he is suffering from roid rage then throw his butt in jail where he belongs. The motto of the police is supposed to be protect and serve not assault and dominate.

link   
double post
edit on 9250000000430America/ChicagoSun, 07 Jun 2015 16:13:04 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

Source

Oh nice... the full quote:

Brooks, the 15-year-old who shot the YouTube video, told BuzzFeed News many students had arrived at the end-of-school celebration at the pool on guest passes. Some had also jumped over the fence. Source

Way to ruin your credibility by removing the bit that disagreed with your narrative. Really smooth.

This, people, is why you can't trust anything that you read.
edit on 6/7/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I get your point. And I agree, to an extent. I think foot beats are one of the absolute best ways to engage your community. When I was a rook, I worked an area that had a lot of mom-n-pop shops, and getting facetime with those people and the people they served went a long way. Got to know folks by first name, they had my cell number, etc. I loved getting out of the vehicle and laying down some shoe leather. Dead of winter, middle of summer, whatever. It built a relationship with folks and you could legitimately see they appreciated it.

That being said, there are more than a couple of neighborhoods in the city near me that a cop only goes solo in if they're looking for trouble. Unfortunate as it is to say, there are just some neighborhoods that the idea of working them solo and on foot is an incident waiting to happen.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Playing the race card? You claim this had nothing to do with race. I provide a quote that shows at least on some level it was about race. Of course it was "selective quoting" because I was literally proving my point that race was partly a factor.

It indeed does not say ALL, nor was that my claim. But this officer went off on anyone. After pulling his firearm he even shoved his fellow officer.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

The cop got mad that girl talked back to him as she was walking away.

Big tough guy right there.
Needs to flex his authority on a teenage girl.
Pathetic.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join