It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops manhandle teens at Dallas pool party after complaints from neighbors

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

So rather than try to figure out who was allowed to be there or anything of the sort, they just decided to lump them all together eh? Nice try but simply because they selectively decided to bypass the white kids and go after everyone else, we know what this is, no matter how much you try to justify their wrongful actions.

A group of teens were at the pool for an end-of-school party, Miles Jai Thomas, one of the teens who attended, told HuffPost. Then a security guard showed up and put out all the black teenagers, Thomas said.

Before officers arrived on the scene, a white woman had started making racist comments, telling black partygoers to get used to the bars outside the pool because that’s all they were going to see. When one of the white teens at the party talked back to the adult, the woman began cursing and yelling at her as well, Thomas said.

There, this is a better sound bite for you. And it seems this was started when a white teen started mouthing off.

link   

originally posted by: Answer

Brooks, the 15-year-old who shot the YouTube video, told BuzzFeed News many students had arrived at the end-of-school celebration at the pool on guest passes. Some had also jumped over the fence. Source

Way to ruin your credibility by removing the bit that disagreed with your narrative. Really smooth.

This, people, is why you can't trust anything that you read. Even our own members are doctoring information to fit their agenda.

That is not the same source I posted. So if anything was edited it was the source I used. So you can stop accusing me of something I didn't do.

link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

Playing the race card? You claim this had nothing to do with race. I provide a quote that shows at least on some level it was about race. Of course it was "selective quoting" because I was literally proving my point that race was partly a factor.

It indeed does not say ALL, nor was that my claim. But this officer went off on anyone. After pulling his firearm he even shoved his fellow officer.

Again, for the uninitiated:

When you aggressively run up to an officer who's in the process of detaining someone, you will have a weapon pulled on you because you are an immediate threat. The officer has every reason to believe you are about to jump him to stop your friend from being detained.

His fellow officer ran up and bumped into him so he naturally assumed it was another kid trying to get physical.

Some of you just want to find fault in every single thing the police do. It's getting really old.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

Brooks, the 15-year-old who shot the YouTube video, told BuzzFeed News many students had arrived at the end-of-school celebration at the pool on guest passes. Some had also jumped over the fence. Source

Way to ruin your credibility by removing the bit that disagreed with your narrative. Really smooth.

This, people, is why you can't trust anything that you read. Even our own members are doctoring information to fit their agenda.

That is not the same source I posted. So if anything was edited it was the source I used. So you can stop accusing me of something I didn't do.

The quote you posted was not in that article. There was a similar quote (the one I posted) on a page that was linked within the article.

So the quote in your post was not from the source you posted.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Cops in my area know most of the local youths, they turn a blind eye to substances being smoked or whatever and only care about no stealing, no violence, no hate, and no public disorder.
I have a young adult son and he tells me most of them like the local cops, although one or two are pricks as would be expected in any social group.

Cops here would not react like I saw in the OP though, they know it would turn an already volatile situation into something worse.
Maybe it is because you guys have guns that everyone is # scared of each other, cops included, so instant compliance is what they expect.
Again, I thank my lucky stars I don't live in such a tyrannical oppressive environment.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yeah there's some bad neighborhoods in every city and I would not suggest lone foot patrols at night . But during the day and as you said making connections with people. Police officers would end up with far more allies then they have now .

The only other solution I see and I doubt any police officer would like it all.

That would be removing immunity from civil prosecution for police officers . I know it's a stressful situation and police get angry, but if I knew the end result of my anger could come out of my own pocket I would try harder to control myself .
edit on 7-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: Answer maybe in a totalitarian police state with the highest incarceration rate in the industrial world

I guess you don't have hoodlum kids with no respect for authority over in England, huh?

How many of those hoodlum kids are beaten and killed by cops each year? So now these kids who were invited to the pool are now hoodlums?

I was responding to the poster's story about a totally different kid, genius.

If you're going to make inflammatory posts, try reading the thread first.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
well that was quite the farce.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: Jaellma

Several things stand out to me watching this:

1. The one cop fell as he was running and I have a good feeling that it pissed him off. How many times do you get mad at yourself for hurting yourself when its 'inconvenient'?
2.The 14 year old girl was lipping off to the cop after him telling her several times to go on.
3.The cop pulled the gun when several others tried to intervene on the girls behalf.

Well, you must have watched a different video than the one posted. The girl was off screen,, back to the right someplace, away, as the cop told her to be, and he went and dragged her back. How was she mouthing off when she wasn't even there?

The cop pulled the gun because he's a wimp. Those kids were NOT being threatening. I know what threatening looks like, and what unruly mobs of teens look like, and this was neither. Those kids weren't attacking, and were simply expressing outrage at his mishandling of their friend. God help him had that been my 14-yr-old. That girl wasn't out of line earlier in the video, and she wasn't doing anything wrong that we could see.

Now,here is what I am seeing,they have already been given orders by the police to either move on or stay put.

Yeah, the girl was told to leave, then dragged back and abused. Whole groups were told to leave, and some members of those groups were singled out and told they were wrong for doing so. The entire point was, according tot he cops, to have the kids leave, anyway. So, this stormtrooper decides to target and arrest some for cooperating?

It depends on the group.Had they done as they were told,things would not have escalated like they did.

What were they not doing, that they were told to do? Leaving They were told to leave. The cop was acting like a crazy person, who couldn't make up his own mind. None of the other cops acted as thought they felt threatened.

Anytime you attempt to intervene when the police are trying to subdue someone,they WILL take that as a direct threat that they are being 'ganged up on',and will take aggressive action to stop it.

"Subdue"?? A young girl, displaying no aggressive behavior and in fact not near him before he went after her, needed "subdued"??? Oh, hell no! What he did would have anyone else arrested for assault. His actions there were reprehensible, and frankly,, make me wonder what else he needs to have investigated. The guy strikes me as a creep.

I think that this one cop needs to learn anger control,but also when you are told to do something by the police,STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND OBEY. Fight it out in court with a lawyer afterwards,but use common sense and don't get into it with the cop there on the street. Both parties escalated this and could have handled it better. But I can tell you that in my dealings with the police,they do not put up with someone running their mouth at them.They are not there to listen to that. They are to first get control of a situation,then have each party involved tell their side.Then they decide who gets let go and who gets a trip to jail if anyone.

These kid were complying. Some were looking for their belongings, some were leaving, and some were, as told, staying. The out of control cop targeted two kids that were already talking to another cop!! They weren't out of line at all. Where are the cops questioning those who complained? I want video of that.

Here is what can happen if the police lets a person run their mouths off to them, in Ferguson Mo where I was living at the time,there was a girl on our street that was only 15 years old.But she was a trouble maker for sure. The issue came when she went up to this other girl's house and was threatening her. The police were called and when they got there,were trying to get all sides of the story. This girl thought she was the baddest thing on 2 feet and mouthed off to the police over and over. They warned her that if she kept it up she was going to jail. I can't even repeat on here what she responded with at them. The next thing she knew she was slammed on the ground and the cops piled on her as she insisted she was gonna 'kick their asses'. A lovely child no doubt. They hog tied her and threw her in the back of a cop car. THEN AND ONLY THEN did her mother decide to make an appearance to beg them to let her child go. They told her nope,it was out of her hands now. And off bad ass went to jail.

Sorry, but NO! The cops do not have any justification for arresting someone, especially with violence, for free speech! Let them grow u and freaking deal. If you and I can't go slug someone for talking crap to us, then why should they be able to arrest someone for the same thing?

Now I don't really think anyone was right in what they did here. The cop needed to take a deep breathe,and gather the kids up and ask them what was going on. But that is also hard to do when they are running from you,instead of just standing there and explaining their side. And mouthing off gets you no where at all. So the parents need to go back and tell their kids,when a cop tells you something,DO IT. We will work it out in a court room later if he was wrong. But for the love of God do what he tells you so you don't get shot.Further,how sympathic do you think a judge is going to be when he sees the video and sees that people were trying to intervene against the officer? Like I said,all sides needed to calm down and deal with it rationally. And I would really like to know exactly why the neighbors called the cops to begin with? If it was over something stupid,they should be charged with inciting a riot.

Most of the cops were simply talking, till their idiot friend pulled his gun. Even then, they didn't overreact as he did. Those kids that ran to protest were NOT threatening. At all. I went into this thread expecting to see some mob, out of control and violent, protesting that they got busted for it. What I saw was kids being civil, milling around, and some being targeted by one cop, for the color of their skin. I am the last one to believe any claim of racism made, and demand evidence, but what I see here is racism.

These kids were supposedly invited, which is allowed for certain events. Some people apparently didn't like that, and complained. When I hear from someone who lived in the DFW area that the town of McKinney is known for racism, and I see this, it isn't hard to connect the dots.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
People trying to justify the actions of this pig is the reason why they allowed to get away with all unnecessary violence they commit. First he needs to be tested to see what kind of drug he is on because he looks like he is suffering from roid rage then throw his butt in jail where he belongs. The motto of the police is supposed to be protect and serve not assault and dominate.
Agreed. Some would rather justify his actions while denouncing the teenage girl's "belligerence".

So one cop out of a group of cops acting unruly and one girl out of a group of bystander kids "talking back" to a cop but yet the individual who should know better and who should be better versed in dealing with conflict and resolution gets praised and the kid gets thrown under the bus.

Where have we seen this before?

As a nation, we are regressing exponentially.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

The quote you posted was not in that article. There was a similar quote (the one I posted) on a page that was linked within the article.

So the quote in your post was not from the source you posted.

Look at the top of the source I posted. "Updated: 17 minutes ago", probably longer now since posting this. They've edited their article since the time I sourced it.

All edits have been done by what I assumed was a valid source. So all your accusations against me are 100% false.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I can understand the need for order. The cops where having a tough time. But in my opinion after viewing the video. I believe the officer that drew his pistol was in the wrong. Police today seem to want to use their weapons every chance they need to restore order. Officers are taught to use their weapons to defend themselves. That one cop was not in any kind of danger to have to defend himself. What I see in the video is one cop out of control. The others that I observed seem to have everything in hand.
edit on 6 7 2015 by Ceeker63 because: Added another sentence.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

*snip*

The pool is for residents of Craig Ranch North and pool cards are required to access the area:

Pool Season is here! Check out the following reminders about accessing the pools.

· Security Access Control- Please remember that there are security access control entry features at the main gates for all the pools in Craig Ranch. An access card with a unique identification number will be programmed into the main system with the resident's name and address. Cards will be issued to all residents in good standing who wish to take advantage of the pools this season.
Source

So a bunch of kids who didn't live in the neighborhood showed up and literally did "crash the party." They were told to leave by adults and refused, which resulted in an altercation. The cops were called and the kids still refused to leave. Then things escalated.

This has nothing to do with race and everything to do with people who had no permission to be there but refused to leave.

So, how did they get in? Seems likely they were invited, doesn't it? What, that entire group jumped a fence?? I find that hard to believe. Residents of areas like this can get permission for parties, and invite people that don't live in the area. My best guess is someone didn't like the color of the guests, and complained. I'd love to hear from whoever invited them, and get some more details.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I'll get labeled a cop supporter

Answer, I am a police supporter, and I don't have a problem stating that here or anywhere else. But I can also maintain enough clarity to see when something is wrong, and an officer is out of line. This is one of those times. You don't throw a 13 year old unarmed girl to the ground because she is being a defiant little brat, if in fact she was.

He crossed a line.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Whatever the story the cops were dicks. The suspects were kids in swimsuits FFS.
It wouldn't have happened where I live, there would have been cops getting punched and backup being called from other police forces, but then our cops don't carry guns and are vastly outnumbered so they are mostly friendly and reason with people first.
Cops are viewed as the annoying referee here, annoying, but necessary.
One in ten has a tazer at most, the rest just batons, that's why they aren't dicks usually because they will lose against an angry crowd, I guess in a culture where the cops fear citizens might shoot them then they are more reactive when folk do not comply.
Again, I feel for the folks in the US. I don't know anyone who is scared of UK police, we even have to help them out sometimes when they are outnumbered.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The language the officer used wasn't necessary. If this is what happens for crashing a pool party, no wonder people are shot for not much more. Who blames anyone for wanting to run away from police in today's world.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Again, for the uninitiated:

When you aggressively run up to an officer who's in the process of detaining someone, you will have a weapon pulled on you because you are an immediate threat. The officer has every reason to believe you are about to jump him to stop your friend from being detained.

His fellow officer ran up and bumped into him so he naturally assumed it was another kid trying to get physical.

Some of you just want to find fault in every single thing the police do. It's getting really old.

Wth do you mean by the uninitiated?

That cop was suspended because he went way overboard to break up a pool party. He obviously did not handle the situation properly, because he was SUSPENDED by his superiors. If his superiors aren't taking his side, why are you?
edit on 7-6-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Police spokeswoman Sabrina Boston said the incident involved "multiple juveniles at the location, who do not live in the area or have permission to be there, refusing to leave." She said additional units were dispatched after the first officers to arrive "encountered a large crowd that refused to comply with police commands." Source

Funny how all of these "police brutality" stories begin with someone refusing to comply with police commands.

So you justify throwing a 14 year old girl to the ground and shoving her face in the dirt because she did not comply??

If you do that to your own 14 year old daughter you would be arrested so why is it ok for a cop to do it to someone elses 14 year old daughter.

Comply or get beat or tazed or shot... Funny how that is now the norm.....

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The kids were shouted at because they aren't supposed to be at that pool if they don't live in the neighborhood and have a security card, period. It escalated and some racist terms might have been shouted but that's not the initial problem.

Some were told to leave, others were told to stay. The cops are trying to get rid of the people who weren't part of the problem and get to the bottom of what happened with the altercation. The kids are helping one officer sort it all out (the one who gets handed the flashlight).

The officers are trying to get control of the scene and get to the bottom of what happened. The best way to do that is to separate everyone into groups of "possibly involved", "probably involved", and "free to go" to avoid the exact sort of escalation we see in the video where idiots stand around mouthing off while the cops are trying to do their job.

The kids stated they were invited. How did they get in otherwise? If they broke in the articles would likely say that, and the police statement certainly would, yet no one makes that claim? Controlled access, and them there, means invitations. You can invite guests to a private pool. I have done so, and been to such parties where friends lived as well. Gated pools, invited guests.

Most of the cops seemed to be simply talking to people, and acting in a reasonable fashion. The kids we see them talking to were cooperative and polite as well. Some even returned a dropped flashlight. Some were sitting and waiting, clearly told to by other cops, and all seemed peaceful, except for when that one cop was involved.

I didn't hear kids mouthing off; I heard kids talking about gathering their stuff, such as the one looking for some navy blue item. Some were observing, but heck, I might do that myself. The only verbal complaints were when the girl was dragged back into the scene, after she'd left, and some commented that she didn't do anything, and others protested his manhandling of her. I can't believe the adult standing there didn't. My husband would have! I would have. There was no reason for him to treat her that way. She'd left, as directed, and he saw her off in the distance, dragged her back, knocked her to the pavement, and threatened her with jail for crying. If I'd been there, I might have ended up in jail myself. That cop is the biggest problem. Not all of them; just the one. The others have to respond, and they can't know ahead of time if the complaint was based on racism or not. They have to investigate. If the complaint was, and I suspect it was, that's something else to be addressed, and those involved should be charged with false accusations, inciting violence, and so forth.

The more I think about how he treated that kid, the madder I get. I can't even post everything I am thinking on that one. Suspended is good, and I hope it's permanent for that jerk. No pay, either. What would he do if he was alone, out at night, with the same girl?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I would think since the children were out of the pool, the thing to do is tell them they need to go home and have 1 minute to be gone. Also state that If still there and on private property after that time, they will be arrested for trespass.

Saying leave and 5 seconds later going beserk doesn't seem like being in control.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join