It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops manhandle teens at Dallas pool party after complaints from neighbors

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I'd like to know how you know "only blacks were thrown out"? Is that a fact or just the latest meme to be circulated? Read the rest of my comments on this ENTIRE incident and you will see that I disagree with the officer's actions.

I didn't say only black kids were thrown out; I said only blacks were being thrown around and arrested, from what we can see in the seven minute and twenty-nine second video. Lots of kids, of all colors, were milling around, and would seem to have been thrown out.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: Khaleesi

As for the rest, the issue here is the actions of an out-of-control cop who was targeting only certain kids in a very large group milling around. If they all sneaked in, why throw around and arrest only kids of one color?

This is what you said. Maybe you intended to say something about 'from the video we have available' but that isn't what you said.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Just another case of the MSM playing the RACE card on police trying to do their job.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: texasgirl

If you have links to the local interviews, that would be appreciated.

I am sure some of the kids there did cause issues, and I don't think anyone here is excusing that. It's the reports of racist comments and the actions of the one cop that have most of us angry. That woman in the fight video seemed aggressive to me, and might well be one of the instigators. For the record, she looks a lot more like me than the kids do.

I agree, we need more info, for what happened beforehand. If it wasn't at a pool, we'd probably have cell phone videos by now, which would help!

This is the girl who threw the party.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Saw that on liveleak a lil bit ago was wondering if it was posted here, good find

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Here is a linkwww.buzzfeed.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

what is up with the fat white guy refereeing this abusive cop? If the man didn't have a uniform the civilians standing by would not have put up with treating someone in an abusive way like that.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackthorne
a reply to: Answer

notice, the cops did not bother ANY of the white people. not even the woman who started the whole thing with her racist remarks.

You might want to read the other posts in this thread quoting people who were there.

It's becoming very obvious that this incident wasn't due to racist cops like so many of you want to believe.

If officers arrive to a call with the knowledge that "African American males are drinking, smoking weed, and causing problems", are they supposed to arrest all the white people too just so there's no way it can be called racist?

Ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
I gotta go to that awful city in a few hours to report to my PO. That's a whole other story of nonsense right there.

There's maybe 2-3% of cops around here who have no common sense whatsoever, and truly believe they're someone "taking control of the situation" while in reality causing absurd mayhem. I don't know if these cops have low-iq's and misunderstand their training or what.

What blows my mind away is the adults are not standing up to the police officer. At one point there are two other officers who are basically asking WTF that guy is doing, but he flips out on them and directs them elsewhere so he can continue to be an idiot. They should have stood their ground and reined him in.

When I was a teen partying the very last thing I wanted to do was try to reason with a police officer, for fear of getting a no common-sense idiot who has no true capacity for reason and empathy. My strategy was to ditch quietly, by myself, in the opposite flow of everyone else. It worked every time.

I've had a lot of interaction with McKinney PD and, amazingly, I've never had a single problem with them. McKinney is a very nice city and is mostly peaceful and low on crime.

Funny how some people just can't seem to avoid the "bad cops"...

Reporting to your parole officer, you say? A nonsense story, you say? Hmm...
edit on 6/8/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: sociolpath

what is up with the fat white guy refereeing this abusive cop? If the man didn't have a uniform the civilians standing by would not have put up with treating someone in an abusive way like that.

I wondered why he wasn't considered interfering given how close he kept getting to the action. Good old boy.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: sociolpath

I wondered why he wasn't considered interfering given how close he kept getting to the action. Good old boy.

He was probably a community security guard. Some of the articles say they're the ones who called the police after they couldn't control the situation.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
From the way that cop is barking orders and handling people roughly, it would seem to me he is ex-military, thinking he is back in Iraq and can please himself. The guy is a thug, and if kept on the force he will kill someone someday, believing he is doing his duty. He is hiding his frustrations behind barely-legal police procedure. To be honest, I think he wanted to use his gun, because he was provoking a situation not calming it.

I tend to be of the opinion that when a cop steps out of the boundary of his authority (which is very narrow), you don't let him carry on.

All it needed was a quiet word with the girl who threw the party, and she would have sorted the situation with her own friends. That would have been the professional way, but American cops are not professional, just combatants with fists and guns.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

This is frustrating because we're once again only getting part of the story here, and of course everyone starts in with the finger pointing and blaming instead of being rational about the situation. According to the (black) girl who organized the party, she herself was in a conflict with a woman which actually started the entire thing. This was a private pool party, and like most subdivisions, non-residents are not welcome in the pool area without a pass because of liability.

So it wasn't just a bunch of evil white people trying to keep black kids out of the pool, as several are asserting on this and the other thread open on the subject. It would be really awesome if we could just look at the situation without pulling the knee-jerk race card, because things like this run far deeper than that and need to be addressed as a national issue for all citizens, regardless of skin color.

That cop, in my opinion, should be relieved of duty. There is absolutely zero justification for any LEO to be using that kind of profanity when speaking to people, and no matter how much was going on there, he had no reason to use that level of force on a teenage girl half his size. She was no threat to him. It would have been helpful to see the entire sequence of events, but I think it's safe to say that he was completely out of line...caught up in the moment maybe; who knows...he has no business being in law enforcement until he can learn to assert some self-control. The only thing he needs to be driving is a desk. This is a prime example of one bad cop making the rest of them look bad too. Even the girl who threw the party blatantly stated that in her interview on CNN.

This is not indicative of the behavior of the vast majority of police out there. Honestly, it boggles the mind how many of these people continue to be on their worst behavior fully knowing that the chances of them being caught in the act on video are extremely high, particularly in light of recent events, but if it gets them off the streets then so be it. They are a disgrace to the profession, and they place their fellow officers in danger every day by creating a hostile situation against law enforcement by the citizens they are trying to protect, and they need to be held accountable...not because they threw a black girl down to the ground. Because they threw a frightened teenage girl down to the ground, after grabbing her by the head and hurling obscenities at her. The color of her skin should be the least of considerations at this point, not the spotlighted detail that obscures everything else.

edit on 30235America/ChicagoMon, 08 Jun 2015 17:23:38 -050030pm30158America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: punctuation saves lives.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I can almost guarantee that the cops being called had nothing to do with race, and was SOP for this sort of thing (kids making a run on the pool). The same happens in any subdivision or apartment complex. Its an amenity for those who pay for it. Whether any individual behaved that way due to race, no one can say and it is irrelevant.

But the perception is there. And its there for a reason. In the same way the cops should keep in mind they are on camera and should't be acting violently...they should also bear in mind the national tension. it is unfortuate that nonsense happening in places like Ferguson and Baltimore would have this kind of impact on public perception in D/FW. But it does, and that is the reality of the situation.

The police are the professionals, and they should be expected to not only act like it, but be aware that they individually will (at any time) be singled out as the representative for their profession on the national level. That is the reality of the world we live in. And its far easier to move your chair than to fight the ocean.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I'm just gonna go ahead and post it again for those who missed it or ignored it:

One resident, Benet Embry, a black man, posted on Facebook about the events leading up to the police call. “Look, I LIVE in this community and this ENTIRE incident is NOT racial at all,” Embry wrote. “A few THUGS spoiled a COMMUNITY event by fighting, jumping over fences into a PRIVATE pool, harassing and damaging property. Not EVERYTHING is about RACE. WE have other issues that NEED our attention other flights of made up make believe causes.”

In another post he is critical of media coverage of the incident. “I’ve never seen such irresponsible reporting and miss management of media resources in my life,” he said.

edit on 6/8/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
From a kid who commented on that above comment:

I was there. I am the "bald white Cracka". This was a Twitter party that turned into a mob event. Jumping pool fence. Assaulting 2 security guards,attacking a Mother with 3 little girls. The video doesnt show everything yall. Kids were drinking and smokin weed and didnt give I # about the parents and children around. This is not about race. This is about outside kids invading our neighborhood and had no respect for authority or the residents here. I have a target on my back now and have been threatened by these punks that they are gonna shoot up my house when all I did was try to control the mob and actually tended to the girl and the boy that had a bloody lip. Yall dont know the whole story. It will come out soon. I comend the officer for handling this situation. Like it or not. If you werent here ,your opinions dont mean squat. Last night these same kids were kicking in peoples front door,stole a truck and crashed it into many vehicles,they vandalized dozens of cars and were stealing things

Again, this has already been posted and people are ignoring it because it doesn't fit their "poor innocent black kids beat up by white cops" agenda.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Still, you have video of a 250lb man throwing down a 120lb girl in a bikini.

Perception.....no amount of testimony from someone in the neighborhood will change perception with video like that.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
I'm just gonna go ahead and post it again for those who missed it or ignored it:

One resident, Benet Embry, a black man, posted on Facebook about the events leading up to the police call. “Look, I LIVE in this community and this ENTIRE incident is NOT racial at all,” Embry wrote. “A few THUGS spoiled a COMMUNITY event by fighting, jumping over fences into a PRIVATE pool, harassing and damaging property. Not EVERYTHING is about RACE. WE have other issues that NEED our attention other flights of made up make believe causes.”

In another post he is critical of media coverage of the incident. “I’ve never seen such irresponsible reporting and miss management of media resources in my life,” he said.

No use answer.

The mob already has their pitchforks and has found the witches. The fire is being lit.

No amount of facts will be able to correct the damage the ignorant have done in spreading their false narrative.

Many still echo the hands up don't shoot nonsense like it actually happened.

I pray that the lunacy infecting this country is temporary.

edit on 8-6-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I am still wondering how this discussion turned into a race argument when it should be about the overly aggressive use of force by a police officer on a small girl......unbelievable ...

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join