It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough with LGBT threads and outcry.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Dont worry .. next week the kiddies will find another pointless first world problem to squable about ..

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

so what if you grew up in a church it still doesn't mean you have it.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
You're fully within your rights to express whatever opinion suits you. Generally, on this forum hate speech and bigotry are frowned upon, but if you're articulate enough to express your opinion respectfully there shouldn't be an issue. LGBT folks still are fighting to have basic civil rights and until then the visibility is important, the shock value is largely in protest of their second class citizenship, and despite your personal opinion on the situation, (though all kings and queens in their own right) they have taken no crown. It's important to remember the reason you hear about it so much is because they still don't have their rights. The same set of rights which allows you to express your views is being denied to them. A threat to anyone's civil liberties is a threat to everyone's, because you can never know when a group you belong to could fall out of public favor. Inequality isn't OK, it's held self evident that all men are created equal, and if we value this truth then we owe it to ourselves to act upon it and make damn sure that no one is denied their inalienable rights based purely on their personal, peaceful life choices.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

so what if you grew up in a church it still doesn't mean you have it.

See what I mean, okay great yeah I can't have knowledge on the level you have when it comes to scripture, awesome, great.

So about the rest of the points you avoided and championed this crap as deflection.

TBH, I think we are done.

edit on 12-4-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

(post by DYepes removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

Because they put them to death.

So I don't think your point is as strong as you originally had thought, btw this dude is in Iraq.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

because you do not understand what it take to know the word of God you will never have knowledge of it outside that of a mear man.

1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: undo

exactly why not live and let live and stop all the forcing and the flag waving.

countless people who were forced to be christians as young people, who were not convinced and merely brainwashed, eventually turned from it because it wasn't their personal epiphany but the epiphany of their parents/guardians. that's why i raised my children with access to more than one type of world view, so they could choose for themselves. i instilled my moral values but explained to them (which most kids get automatically as they mature), that they would eventually have to make their own choices.

why did something so elementary to the human being, that many former christians are personally aware of is a real problem, suddenly become ron paul (ignored like the 13th floor in a building)?

edit on 12-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos

lol u sound like someone is keeping u in a closet u are welcome to use my box of tissues

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
well thats kind of the consequence of incorrect behavior that came with a culture imported by a foreign occupier and an affront to their traditional values. Man simply looks like a crossdresser anyways. A whole generation has already been exposed to our deviant media circuses of lewd behavior and shallow narcissism with crime and war shone in a glorious light of glam and prestige. There is the result. Your one in a million. Now find another.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

the most successful civilization in human history was the ancient egyptians (4000 years) primarily because they let people worship what they wanted. that's not going to happen here, however, as the concept of forcing a singular world view on people, whether they want it or not, is rising to the top. no wonder the christian right is in freak out mode. they don't want to be erased from history. i disagree with their solution, however, which is their own version of totalitarianism. as far as i'm concerned, the only person who will be able to successfully lead a totalitarian regime is jesus himself, and i don't take facsimiles.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You will not find a transgender in Somalia, the Sudan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Gaza, or whatever is left standing of Syria. Not Iraq either. It may be possible that there is a one in a million individual, but again they will usually be in a well off community and direct constant exposure to the homosexual propaganda machine.

That's so untrue it's not even funny.

There are hundreds of historical accounts, proven I might add, where homosexuality has been seen African Tribes, prior to colonization. As well as instances of gender identity differences such as transgendered people and they didn't even have a word for it, they just accepted it for what it was.

Homosexuality is found in ALL cultures, in ALL nations and in MOST of the animal kingdom.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
Here is another one opened today:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I missed the last three LGBT threads??? Wow! I'm slacking. I wonder why, as a person who is very interested in LGBT rights, I haven't seen these three, but you have... It's almost like you're LOOKING for them, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

if you use the LIVE button on the top menu, to parse ats threads, you can always see what's happenin' in this neck of the woods.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

You are SO mistaken! LGBT has been around forever and everywhere.

Transgender: A History

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Lol yes, I would totally go to a slayer parade. The good news is though that musical preference isn't something the government has attempted to legislate against. LGBT groups have faced all sorts of targeted legislations. Honestly, I don't care what lifestyle folks choose to have as long as they're not stepping on anyone else's lives, so legislating against lifestyle choices is extra wasteful in my opinion. There's just no way to justify spending money to marginalize a lifestyle or to create another separate but equal legislation. Equally absurd would be if political correctness were to be legislature. Like, if laws were created to avoid people being offended, outside of the already established harassment laws, etc. Folks have parades and rallies for all sorts of things, and they're protected expressions of free speech, and if folks don't agree they're welcome to publicly protest, that's what's groovy about it.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Lets force them out of ATS to their own LGBT community Forums where they can shout till the cows come home.

WTF?

Please explain if my reading comprehension let me down or my sarcasm'o'meter was wobbly...

Yep.

They are just as bad as all the other fanatics we shout about... they all want their agendas and if they don't get it, they go and start vandalising things...

It's like bunch of children... if they don't get waht they want, they start throwing tantrums!

But seriously anyway... why post their problems on a 'above top secret' website? 99% of their followers aren't on this site so why??

I'm not a MOD but If I were I would consider banning all those types Threads as they aren't anywhere near 'Above Top Secret' IMO.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Dont worry .. next week the kiddies will find another pointless first world problem to squable about ..

So true.

We only focus on cultural and social issues because we have no life or death problems to worry about.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

I really don't get it then. If threads about LGBT issues are a waste of time then, clearly, a thread about how they're a waste of time must be equally so. Not to mention this is a pretty transparent plug for a book about something regarding this, so not only did you write a thread, but you've devoted a significant enough amount of time to the LGBT movement to establish and write a book as a counterpoint. Viewpoints have merit, and you shouldn't be silenced if you're following the guidelines here, for certain. But I'm wondering, if you're looking to speak about an agenda like you're mentioning in your book, why you didn't include more information about it. It's difficult to weigh in on a subject left unpresented. By all means, if it's a concept you can outline without violating the terms here feel free. If you can't, then it might be that the concept is more a personal issue than a well thought out topic for discussion.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join