It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough with LGBT threads and outcry.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

no homosexuals previous to this current generation ever wanted open MARRIAGE because of its religious attributes.

But seeing that civil marriage is not religious marriage, go for it.

Marry if you want, I don't care, just don't think you have the right to force me to PARTICIPATE in it.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Who forces you to participate?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

originally posted by: SaturnFX
buy PC over consoles for your gaming needs..life will be better all around that way.

I think if anyone walks away with a message from this thread, it should be this.

Well, you know how them `soler's are...inferior scrubby peasants forever mucking up the shoes of us PC master race.
I don't mind a 'soler really, just think they should perhaps be forced to use their own secondary internet so they don't taint the glorious PCers internet. separate but equal nets (well, as equal a net as a 'soler can make anyhow..probably a few websites about cursing and some animated gifs of a dancing banana or whatever it is they enjoy)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: robbeh
a reply to: Telos

lgbt should visit a middle east country and start there whining there....

Because they could be murdered abroad they should accept what they have here and be happy?

Like a circus elephant should dance for peanuts because he may be hunted for his ivory in Africa.

Grow the hell up.

i have an interesting question for you:

as a muslim, if the usa was majority muslim with sharia courts, would you still defend gays? it's an interesting social statement that america is primarily secular, but should it become majority christian or majority jewish, would you still defend gays? i defend gays not because of religion but because i know genetic inheritance is literally, not the fault of the person thus born, however, there are groups out there who will condemn you for being born:

white
black
gay
hetero
jewish
arabic (lebanese, saudi, iraqi, iranian, etc)
chinese
japanese
korean
european (wide selection here, ranging from greeks to scandinavians and everything inbetween)
male
female
human (lol)
non-human (LOL!)
and so on

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
Can you please relate to the post you took that phrase from?

Sure. First page: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here is the thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Two days ago was another one. Then onther one...

You know... I don't open threads I'm not interested in and there are a TON! In fact MOST threads here, I find no interest whatsoever in. But I'm not going to start another yet thread about them! LOL!

And yes, I had to start a new one using the word LGBT (Oh my why did I even do that) in order to stop reading the LGBT in the future.

There's a MUCH easier way to stop reading them, you know?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Wheres the fun in that.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

let's see if we don't cater to "their weddings" because we conscientiously object we are forced out of business, threatened with death, have our web pages hacked and vandalized.

then we are taken to court and forced to participate under a law that we are discriminatory.

Hence, we are forced to participate or go to jail.

edit on 12-4-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

let's see if we don't cater to "their weddings" because we conscientiously object we are forced out of business, trhreatened with death, have our web pages hacked and vandalized.

then we are taken to court and forced to participate under a law that we are discriminatory.

Who is this we?
You've been catering gay weddings?
Or you mean someone else. As in no direct experience on your part?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Telos
Can you please relate to the post you took that phrase from?

Sure. First page: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here is the thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Two days ago was another one. Then onther one...

You know... I don't open threads I'm not interested in and there are a TON! In fact MOST threads here, I find no interest whatsoever in. But I'm not going to start another yet thread about them! LOL!

And yes, I had to start a new one using the word LGBT (Oh my why did I even do that) in order to stop reading the LGBT in the future.

There's a MUCH easier way to stop reading them, you know?

Benevolent, it doesn't bother me that you don't agree with me opening such a thread. Why does it bother you that I want to express my opinion in a separate thread?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Yep I would.

Because love is love.
I don't think of sodomy when I think of Gay people, I think of loving another of the same sex.

Besides, it depends on the Sharia, but I'm guessing you mean the extreme "stone the gays and women" version.
If they actually followed the Quran theyd not punish anyone for gay relationships.

Plus, you'd need 4 witnesses in the extreme sharia...
Tell me, why would 4 straight people be watching gay sex?

Anywho...

I'd still defend people, because of my moral compass.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

it is none of your business to know who I am openly that is the privilege of being an ATS member.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I have plenty of love for people of the same sex but I don't have sexual relationships with them

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Oh, it doesn't bother me. The more LGBT threads, the better. I'm one of those people who have a lot of fun posting in them. I just think it's funny, hence the LOL! I'm just expressing my opinion, too.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

it is none of your business to know who I am openly that is the privilege of being an ATS member.

I didn't ask personal details, but by your defensiveness I know you have no real counter argument to what I've said.

You created a false argument and you know it, just cause of some crap in the news you tried to tie yourself to it.

I've had worse.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

a reply to: SaturnFX

no homosexuals previous to this current generation ever wanted open MARRIAGE because of its religious attributes.

But seeing that civil marriage is not religious marriage, go for it.

Marry if you want, I don't care, just don't think you have the right to force me to PARTICIPATE in it.

how big of you to discuss what all homosexuals previous to this current generation wanted...you must be the most influencial of all homosexuals to know what they all wanted.

or wait, are you saying "we used to shut em up real good back in muh day!"?

Either way, its laughable.

As far as marriage goes, there are specific benefits one gets while being married, not to mention a evolution of a relationship to exclusive standards in regards to society norms..and yes, even gay folk want many society norms in regards to general love life.
I personally think marriage across the board needs to be removed from government sponsorship..but it wont be, so best thing to do is just equal it.

Now, I think your biggest issue is simple. You don't like the civil discussions about gay folk..you are arguing for the discussions about them as people to respect to disappear...and no, that wont go anywhere. society still looks down at gay folks. not all, but still a large percentage become enraged, use derogatory terms, etc. When people do these things, for them its comfortable, its funny, its something they use to cope with. Same with any other group that is strange. The less something is strange to a person, the less people give a crap to be honest...being gay to many is just like someone saying they are irish, or like..anchovy lovers on their pizza...and that is the ideal place to be. If you hear about someone being gay, its just some passing interesting attribute, not the entire aspect of the person.

And that attitude only comes with exposure and knowledge...not with covering it up and never discussing it.

Who knows, maybe (like the irish), there will be a national gay day, where we traditionally just go out with the same sex for a night and do ceremonial hugs with others..all in fun, and just a symbol of love regardless of gender to be accepted...for now, I think the only time its acceptable for men to hug is during a birth, a death, or if your team wins a game.
(well, that is my personal comfort level for now anyhow)

And finally, you must participate, now get on your assless chaps and turn up the showtunes! you have no choice!

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Shootin' fish in a barrel.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I have plenty of love for people of the same sex but I don't have sexual relationships with them

If you're in love with the same sex...

That makes you... You know... (Limp wrist gesture)...

/sarc

Great. I love everyone too... Don't sleep with anyone.

& I'm only in love with one person... Of the opposite sex.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

interesting response. i take it a step further, although love may be love, when it gets right down to brass tacks, physical love is biological, and therefore evidence that gays are biological predisposed to being gay. if you're born that way, it's not your fault. this is why i think all arguments that point accusatory fingers based on race, religion, sexual alignment, gender, and the like, are totally pointless, as we are the result of our environments and dna. it is literally not the fault of christians or whites, that they are christians and/or whites - as they are influenced/determined by their environment and dna. it is what it is. same goes for gays, jews, muslims, blacks, and so on. that we are still arguing this point in the year 2015, smells so agenda-driven that's almost sickening.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I totally agree with you.

Lets force them out of ATS to their own LGBT community Forums where they can shout till the cows come home.

Oh... and here is a Thread of mine i started on April 3rd about Internet/ATS thought control because I wasn't allowed to say a simple sentence regarding a 'gay' guy on these boards and it wasn't even a rude comment!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Last year i believe I started a Thread very similar to your aswell with the Thread title 'That's enough gay threads'

Wait, this isn't sarcasm? You really mean this? "Force them out of ATS to their own community"?

Well, let's force the Christians off, especially those "bible thumpers." Let's force the Muslims off. Let's force the pagans off. Maybe the women too. Or the Latinos. Let's force those gingers off.

As ATS-ers, we are in the "minority" oftentimes in the world - with thoughts about conspiracies or too much governmental control or believing UFOs or paranormal may be real. We are labeled and laughed at in mainstream media as nutters, tin foil hat folks. What if our thoughts that make us "deny ignorance" became something to make us really affected - like all of our names are leaked out and companies don't want to hire us or they do but they let us not get promoted or bullied on the job, etc. What if we couldn't have a bank account because we thought the financial industry was part of some conspiracy, or we couldn't fly in a plane because we wondered if chemtrails were real or not. Or any number of oppressive acts against us because we believed differently. Wouldn't you shout from the rooftops that you deserve the same rights as everyone else? The same dignity? The same respect?

Okay, I'm done here. This is clearly a waste of a beautiful day.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Oh, it doesn't bother me. The more LGBT threads, the better. I'm one of those people who have a lot of fun posting in them. I just think it's funny, hence the LOL! I'm just expressing my opinion, too.

And I already said that your opinion doesn't bother me.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join