It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough with LGBT threads and outcry.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Who is talking about laws?

You did. As soon as you said your rights were violated.

So you admit your rights have not been violated.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

No.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

The reason of the unreason with which my reason is afflicted so weakens my reason that with reason I murmur at your... well in this case word jokes.

p.s. Cervantes didn't give a rats ass about PC either

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

You need a tissue?

My rant wasn't against LGBT. Was against threads on that regards, was against having to deal constantly with what I don't consider a important matter. So stop crying for rights and equality and most of all, get down from your high horse because there is no heterofascism. 99% of the world is hetero. Get real!!!

What exactly do you mean by stating: "was against having to deal constantly with what I don't consider a important matter"?

Who is forcing you to deal with these "unimportant social matters"? Is somebody pressuring you to sit down at your computer and deal with this topic on social media sites? Did someone force you to attend or watch the parade you speak about? Again, what did you mean by "having to deal constantlywith what I don't consider a important matter?"

I choose to "entertain" this thread and I'm part of that so called 99% you speak of despite the fact I disagree with your views....

You are free to voice your thoughts and concerns, after all, this is the Rant Forum.

We are ONE.

Btw, what do you consider important matters? I have read what you consider an unimportant matter; so what's the Yin to that Yang here? Perhaps ranting about what you deem unimportant takes precedence over what is truly important to you?

Or maybe you are indeed being forced to deal with these issues for unfathomable reasons.

edit on 12-4-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I think you make a fair point. You should absolutely be free to express yourself without fear of swift retribution. To be able to operate in society, to be free from discrimination over your firmly held beliefs. Worse, in some scenarios, your views could make someone irate enough to harm you, and you should be protected from that.

But that's what the LGBT movement is about. They don't have this protection yet. It's a daily reality, and although they're vocal, they are still heavily marginalized.

Truth is your viewpoints are protected under free speech, provided they don't fall under the category of harassment, and many existent religious freedom acts even allow businesses to refuse to cater to gay clientele, etc. It varies state to state but it's a reality that, although largely out of favor, it's OK to express dissenting opinions about gay rights.

Straight culture is the norm, but because of this fact it's likely that you don't notice when threads come up discussing it, which, they don't, because it's legal and generally socially acceptable. The LGBT movement has a ways to go just to get basic constitutional rights in place, and that will go hand in hand with the hopes that it'll become socially acceptable enough that people won't have to fear being who they are. You shouldn't have to either. You shouldn't have to be afraid to live a life in the minority, neither should we. I'll never ask for your personal approval of how I live my life, nor would I demand to approve of yours. But I will not actively seek to silence you, or to paint you as somehow less deserving of respect, and I'd ask for you to do the same. That's my queer agenda, that's the entire thing. Just enough rights to live my life with the same protection and privilege afforded any other citizen through the constitution. And I hope one day that other's personal lives don't make others feel threatened.

Just a side note, are you aware that in some states it's an acceptable defense in a murder trial for someone to say they killed someone else because they were of the same gender and thought they were hitting on them? A literal homophobia defense for murder.
Gay panic defense

This is ATS, there can be no such thing as being too outspoken.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos

The reason of the unreason with which my reason is afflicted so weakens my reason that with reason I murmur at your... well in this case word jokes.

Does that mean you can't show where your perceived right comes from and therefore can't show your rights have been violated?

It is a good thing this is in the rant forum because you can't seem to back up your statements.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

You are free to voice your thoughts and concerns, after all, this is the Rant Forum.

We are ONE.

Thanks. That's all it was. My thoughts in a rant thread.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Anyway, personalizing this thread was never my intention. If you think I'm a bigot for speaking my mind then so be it. It is not going to stop me from doing it.

Then why are you being such a crybaby.

You are exercising your free speech as anti PC as you can, in this very thread you started. You're not being violated; but doing a great job of playing the victim.

Try and do that publicly. Most likely end up like the cake store business or other stories we've heard.

Read about Brendan Eich to see what happens when you step on the toes of the gay mafia.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Does that mean you can't show where your perceived right comes from and therefore can't show your rights have been violated?

It is a good thing this is in the rant forum because you can't seem to back up your statements.

No, it means that you lack understanding in what I say therefore whatever I say you still don't understand it.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: hearows

But that's what the LGBT movement is about. They don't have this protection yet. It's a daily reality, and although they're vocal, they are still heavily marginalized.

I do agree with the rest of the post. I just wanted to clear something up on the quoted part: I never expressed anything against LGTB movement. I hope that's more than clear in the thread.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I understand that you will not answer a direct question of what is the perceived right you feel has been violated and who or what gave you that right.

I understand that your past 3 posts to me have been an attempt on your part to avoid answering those questions by deflection and ad hominem attack.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I understand that you will not answer a direct question of what is the perceived right you feel has been violated and who or what gave you that right.

I understand that your past 3 posts to me have been an attempt on your part to avoid answering those questions by deflection and ad hominem attack.

no sir, I just honestly think you're not understanding what I said. I never mentioned laws, I always referred to PC. You in principal come from a juridical standpoint by insisting in the fact that my free speech hasn't been violated but we all know that PC does that. So that's the reason I don't think we'll have an understanding and not to avoid answering to you.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I may sound incredibly insensitive but yes PLEASE give them the right marry so I never have to hear about this issue EVER again. I'm so tired of hearing the same argument over and over again. Hell I would give away my right to marry to homosexual couple so I don't have to hear about it again

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I may sound incredibly insensitive but yes PLEASE give them the right marry so I never have to hear about this issue EVER again. I'm so tired of hearing the same argument over and over again. Hell I would give away my right to marry to homosexual couple so I don't have to hear about it again

In Canada they have all the rights possible
Gee, I can't think off something that they haven't gotten.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Do you know what PC is? It's using good manners and being discreet in public where appropriate.

Go to a black neighborhood and get all unPC. You will get your butt kicked all the way to Calgary and maybe as far as Edmonton.

edit on 12-4-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

There is no day that goes by without a thread on this subject. I mean since when it became such an issue to have it non stop in front of our eyes ? Since when our lives are so in order that the only "vital" issue we have to deal with is how and when a very considerably small part of the population bites the pillow? And I'm curious, how many members here want to lash out on this but they can't or prefer not to in the name of political correctness?

The moment a thread with such topic is opened we have a group which I'm guessing is part of LGTB that fiercely get defensive and attack every singe opinion out there that doesn't agree with their view. To counterbalance that is the group of religious fanatics who do the same, yet not as aggressively as the first group because political correctness has gotten into them too. Then is the third group such as the one I belong too that are non believers )I mean non religious, maybe gnostics and atheists) who don't agree with the lifestyle of LGBT, might be disgusted with it and strongly disagree but recognize the right of free choice and respect others life style as long as it doesn't affect their own.

And this is the mos affected group because being right in the middle, their choice of expressing what they think on the matter has been trimmed down next to no words. Again due to political correctness they can't say nothing, swallow their disgust and shake their heads, close their eyes and shut their ears because the party affected by decades of discrimination and non acceptance has finally taken the crown, got on the street with their parades showing their @sses and massive blow up dildos, at the same time yelling and screaming for human rights and minority rights and this and that... Without realizing or willingly taking away my right to deny what I consider something personal and non a society issue, something that is between two people and I don't need to be part off and especially something that I don't want splashed on my face every singe day of my life.

Slowly without realizing we're descending in a what I can call Homofascism. And the explanation of this term in my book just describes perfectly the reality of today on the matter:

homofacsicm

a way of organizing a society in which homosexuals impose their agenda with which no one is allowed to disagree or have any appeal to the contrary without being subject to severe consequences of ridicule, slander, libel, fines , public demonstrations, distortions, denial of free speech rights, loss of employment/sponsorship, or having the word "hate" attached to you in some way or form.

Hi. Who are you exactly seems like many you below. Which is which? I mean Who is Who? Clarify first.
And hello all. I don't like you actually (Sorry, but that's an initial judgment I COULD be wrong) and it seems I am.

What is LGTB and PC?

PS. Can I do introductions later or tom night, I want to give it a good one. ;P

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

no sir, I just honestly think you're not understanding what I said. I never mentioned laws, I always referred to PC. You in principal come from a juridical standpoint by insisting in the fact that my free speech hasn't been violated but we all know that PC does that. So that's the reason I don't think we'll have an understanding and not to avoid answering to you.

OK, I see what is actually happening here.

The problem really does stem from not understanding.

You don't seem to understand you never had the rights you complain were violated.

They are a product of your imagination.

You just seem to be pissed because people say things you don't like and you feel you have rights that should make them shut up. In other words you think your special and should have special rights that are not afforded to others you disagree with.

Well I am glad that was cleared up.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Finally

You just seem to be pissed because people say things you don't like and you feel you have rights that should make them shut up

I don't get pissed. In order to get pissed I should first evaluate opinions that can get me pissed. But no such thing. Again, I don't care to shut anyone up because despite the politeness to read and reply to their opinion, it doesn't change mine. That being said, I don't really care, let alone to try and shut someone up.

p.s. Once again, wait for the third star. They seam to come in threes...lol
edit on 12-4-2015 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Yeah I grokked that a few pages in. If your chief issue is that in general society you'll take a lot of flak for expressing an unpopular opinion (eg. When to referred to LGBT folks as deviants), that makes sense. Except, political correctness isn't legislated or set in stone anywhere, it's more in the realm of mores. It seems like what you're most clearly expressing is a wish to not be verbally attacked (or worse) or, even vaguely, called a bigot, for expressing your opinions.

Now, your viewpoint has fallen fairly out of favor in public. Gone the way of racism and (maybe one day) creedism. These opinions are generally unpopular because they dehumanize or belittle entire groups of people. Political correctness (as an amorphous concept) generally seeks to keep the narrative respectful, and dissuade folks from insulting whole groups.

So, you're asking to be afforded the same privileges political correctness extends to others, in essence.

There is no social protection for someone who would refer to a group of people as "deviants". If you don't want to be insulted, your best bet would be to not insult others.

Also, if you believe it's a tired issue it's simply because it's not your own. A cursory examination, even of the link I left on this thread, should show there's a long way to go. If you've written, or are writing a book, I'd highly recommend looking further into the issue, even if it's only purpose for you would be to find a working premise, because human rights being a non issue because they're already protected is still pretty shaky.

edit on 12-4-2015 by hearows because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I think that homosexuals should have every right given to heterosexuals but I would have to agree that the movement is getting a little tiresome. Its infiltrated almost every aspect of our society and I wish we could just give them the right to marry(or whatever you wanna call it) and move on. I may sound insensitive but man just get on with it already

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join