It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough with LGBT threads and outcry.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Telos
Here is another one opened today:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I missed the last three LGBT threads??? Wow! I'm slacking. I wonder why, as a person who is very interested in LGBT rights, I haven't seen these three, but you have... It's almost like you're LOOKING for them, isn't it?

Where you getting at? Those thread were in the main page. Didn't go and look for those.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: hearows
a reply to: Telos

I really don't get it then. If threads about LGBT issues are a waste of time then, clearly, a thread about how they're a waste of time must be equally so. Not to mention this is a pretty transparent plug for a book about something regarding this, so not only did you write a thread, but you've devoted a significant enough amount of time to the LGBT movement to establish and write a book as a counterpoint. Viewpoints have merit, and you shouldn't be silenced if you're following the guidelines here, for certain. But I'm wondering, if you're looking to speak about an agenda like you're mentioning in your book, why you didn't include more information about it. It's difficult to weigh in on a subject left unpresented. By all means, if it's a concept you can outline without violating the terms here feel free. If you can't, then it might be that the concept is more a personal issue than a well thought out topic for discussion.

Another valid point. Thanks for sharing it.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I agree 100% with your observation, truth about your rant.

Long-time members are leaving all the time now because of hatred spewed by gay posters is revolting insults their intellegence and mods allow it.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

a way of organizing a society in which _________________ impose their agenda with which no one is allowed to disagree or have any appeal to the contrary without being subject to severe consequences of ridicule, slander, libel, fines , public demonstrations, distortions, denial of free speech rights, loss of employment/sponsorship, or having the word "hate" attached to you in some way or form.

Remove the word homosexual and read what you've got

If you want to understand why the big push right now - it's because gay folk have been living with this reality for a very long time. People who believe in equality and freedom for all (including a very large number of straight folk) will be there to meet you and argue with you every chance they get

So - would you say you feel disenfranchised?

You're free to have and express your opinion. I'm disgusted by your disgust - and I'm free to say so, over and over and over

If I say it in 500 different threads - it will not be too much. Well - that might indicate a time management and prioritization issue on my part - but, you get what I'm saying I'm sure

Point - counter point... Your turn

:-)

edit on 4/12/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

You're free to have and express your opinion. I'm disgusted by your disgust - and I'm free to say so, over and over and over

Point - counter point... Your turn

No need for counterpoint. I wasn't looking for one. All I wanted is to make my point, which I did. I wasn't looking for sympathies or applauds, or...Neither I care for the opposite. I just am one of these people who feels violated by PC.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I just am one of these people who feels violated by PC.

Violated by political correctness? Is it political correctness that's hampering your lifestyle and threatening your freedom?

Or - is it just that what used to be politically correct is changing - and you can't get it back?

You wrote a completely anti-PC thread and nobody prevented you, and since you wrote what you wrote here demanding that other people stop talking about what you want to talk about (obviously), well - not much sympathy from me

I think bigots are just feeling a little extra vulnerable and whiny these days because they're losing the upper hand

Is what I just said not PC?

edit on 4/12/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Violated by political correctness? Is it political correctness that's hampering your lifestyle and threatening your freedom?

I think bigots are just feeling a little extra vulnerable and whiny these days because they're losing the upper hand

Is what I just said not PC?

Violated because is limiting my rights to express my opinions without being attacked or named called.

PC or not you just called me a bigot.

The interesting part of the so called PC is that if I think like you I'm ok, if I don't I'm a bigot and a whiner.

Anyway, personalizing this thread was never my intention. If you think I'm a bigot for speaking my mind then so be it. It is not going to stop me from doing it.

I like to quote someone who I shouldn't name it because it is going to open a different can of worms:

The more we do to you, the less you seam to believe we are doing it

And I'll leave it at that.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Violated because is limiting my rights to express my opinions without being attacked or named called.

You have never had that right. ANYTHING you have said all your life has been open to criticism and name-calling. You have never had the right to speak without any repercussions of any kind. That's an imagined right.

If you think I'm a bigot for speaking my mind then so be it. It is not going to stop me from doing it.

This proves your right to speak has NOT been violated.

edit on 4/12/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Anyway, personalizing this thread was never my intention. If you think I'm a bigot for speaking my mind then so be it. It is not going to stop me from doing it.

Then why are you being such a crybaby.

You are exercising your free speech as anti PC as you can, in this very thread you started. You're not being violated; but doing a great job of playing the victim.
edit on 12-4-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

You have never had that right. ANYTHING you have said all your life has been open to criticism and name-calling. You have never had the right to speak without any repercussions of any kind. That's an imagined right.

If you think I'm a bigot for speaking my mind then so be it. It is not going to stop me from doing it.

This proves your right to speak has NOT been violated.

Actually I did have that right. Until the moment people who think they are open minded, snob, or cool, or to "humane" decided to "slash" someone's throat because he/she thinks differently. This people who in fact make up the PC are the worst. Is because of them that this world we live is becoming more and more a stenchy hypocritical reality where we have to swallow our thoughts and tape our lips tight otherwise they'd crucify you and feed you to "lions". Because they think they are correct and right, others who think differently are the exception, not the norm.

And yes, I do raise my "voice" but that doesn't prove I am so free to do so. Just proves proves that there are still people who don't give a rats ass about PC or what other's part of PC think.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Then why are you being such a crybaby.

You are exercising your free speech as anti PC as you can, in this very thread you started. You're not being violated; but doing a great job of playing the victim.

You really need an answer to that? I'm speaking freerly in a virtual world and that's my free speech? Try and do that publicly. Most likely end up like the cake store business or other stories we've heard.

edit on 12-4-2015 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Yes - I did

What of it?

The interesting part of the so called PC is that if I think like you I'm ok, if I don't I'm a bigot and a whiner.

Let's look at this from another angle... (my original angle actually, but I'm about to chew my cabbage twice)

How is your whining about all the LGBT threads not the same thing as people that insist on political correctness?

Being gay - throughout history - has been a much harsher experience than yours is now - with you just not feeling comfortable (any longer) about being able to express how much gay people disgust you

My use of the word bigot? Not polite. But, hey - live by the sword, die by the sword

Eh wot Telos? :-)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Actually I did have that right.

I'm sorry, you have never had that right. If you (or anyone) says something others disagree with, they have ALWAYS been free to criticize you and call you a name. Maybe you've never been criticized or called a name, but it's not because of some "right" that you had to be free from it. Everyone has the freedom to criticize and call someone a name. That IS a right. It's called freedom of speech. You have never been immune from others freedom of speech.

Is because of them that this world we live is becoming more and more a stenchy hypocritical reality where we have to swallow our thoughts and tape our lips tight otherwise they'd crucify you and feed you to "lions".

Clearly, you don't have to swallow your thoughts. This thread is PROOF of that. There have been no crucifixion or lion feeding. You're being dramatic. Just because people disagree with you and criticize you doesn't mean you're being crucified. It's called discussion.

And yes, I do raise my "voice" but that doesn't prove I am so free to do so. Just proves proves that there are still people who don't give a rats ass about PC or what other's part of PC think.

It absolutely does prove that you are free to do so. You're doing it, aren't you? Who's stopping you? NOBODY. You're doing it. Have at it! But you DON'T have the right to shut up dissenters, no matter how much you THINK you should be able to.

Do you think you have some right to say whatever you want and have everyone who disagrees with you keep THEIR mouths shut? Because you don't have that right either.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Yes - I did

What of it?

Let's look at this from another angle... (my original angle actually, but I'm about to chew my cabbage twice)

How is your whining about all the LGBT threads not the same thing as people that insist on political correctness?

Being gay - throughout history - has been a much harsher experience than yours is now - with you just not feeling comfortable (any longer) about being able to express how much gay people disgust you

My use of the word bigot? Not polite. But, hey - live by the sword, die by the sword

Eh wot Telos? :-)

I think you're commenting on your own words. Firstly I don't whine. I discuss, and what I say in the OP is not forcing my own opinions or making those a norm as PC does. I just express what I feel.

Secondly, I never had problems with gay people and I still don't as long as they keep their business to themselves and it doesn't affect me. I do know how harsh had been for gay people but in my country now they have everything. Open relations, open marriage, adopting children, voicing their opinions even into decision making political positions, changing the reality, organizing huge parades where whether I am or not a sympathizer, I have to walk on the streets in the summer day and cover my kids eyes not to let them see that depravity they force on others to see etc. And I still don't complain because despite how it might look, I do think people have the right to live their own way and chose whom to be and who to be with. But since in this board we all are in touch with what's going on around the world, my point was and still is that there are more serious issues to worry about and be weary about than discussing endlessly about LGTB. That was the point of the thread all the time. As I was expecting tho, it derailed and came to be the bashing and personal attack that I'm still replying too.

Yes your word wasn't polite and not deserved. But hey, again, if my opinion is considered a live by the sword to you then so be it. I won't reply to you in the same way.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Its almost as if each group of people has its own "extremist". People who take a reasonable idea, way of thinking, way of living, whatever, and push it so hard that even the people they initially represent get a bit pissed off.

Treat all extremists the same, with a pinch of salt, one must shout loud and proud these days to be heard after all so hard to blame them for that alone - it doesnt mean everything they say is always 100% exactly the views or claims of the group they represent.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I'm not trying to shut your mouth. I'm replying to you because I think sharing opinions is important. But is far from trying to shut you up. Why would I do that? I already said that I respect your opinion which never changes mine.

And expressing freely yourself in a forum with anonymity is not the same as expressing yourself in real life. We all know how that would go. But hey, as long as you are happy with your thoughts, I don't mind either.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

So tell us how Congress and or the Government has limited your rights of free speech.

Let me guess, you didn't know the first amendment only protected you from the government and thought it gave you some imagined rights.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

So tell us how Congress and or the Government has limited your rights of free speech.

Let me guess, you didn't know the first amendment only protected you from the government and thought it gave you some imagined rights.

You do realize that USA is not the center of the universe and this board is international, right? Does everyone have to be american in order to discuss something? And canadians are to blame when they say americans are self centered

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Fine then tell us how your speech has been limited and what laws have limited them.

Are they international or just Canadian.

Is it a law from Agartha. Might it be a legendary law like the legendary City.
edit on 12-4-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Fine then tell us how your speech has been limited and what laws have limited them.

Are they international or just Canadian.

Who is talking about laws? Is the PC that's been limiting people from speaking their minds. And I think PC is international.

Wait for the third star. Is coming in a group of threes

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join