It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans Are Not From Earth, Scientist Says Aliens Brought Us Here

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It is far from hyperbole.

The fact is that statistically it is extremely unlikely for humanity currently knowing all that there is to know about DNA and the Universe.

Therefore logically, making presumptions based on limited knowledge and comprehension about it is unwise.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: moniker

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: Telos

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
It would make sense from an evolutionary development point of view, such that there is only humanity on Earth capable of thinking abstractly and with anywhere near the ability of mind, which is in itself statistically improbable given all the similarities between all the other life on Earth and their far more limited capabilities.

Millions of years of basic land living to the technology we have in a few thousands of years suggests some extrememly non average developmental evolution.

Which also explains our "imperfections" compare to other creatures on earth. Chronic illness, low tolerance to the sun, 223 extra genes etc.

Low tolerance to the sun? *cough cough speak for yourself cough*. Medium & dark complexions don't have that issue.

Are you really sure about that? My wife is black African (no, not African American) and she gets sunburned not very different from me (being the white dude). She just begins from a darker initial state.

Oh we can "tan" very easily. I thought he meant "low tolerance" as in "sunburn or can't stay in the song long", like some of the other posters implied. But yeah we can tan a lot. In Brazil, some of en tan the Afro-Brazilians sunbathe to intentionally get darker.

EDIT: I've never personally seen any of us get sunburned but I guess it's possible. So I'm not calling you a liar or anything. Plus there's more genetic diversity in Africa than any other place, so it's entirely possible. But in all of my travels & with extended, I've never seen it myself.
edit on 6-4-2015 by enlightenedservant because: had to add something because i was too hasty

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Nah, the fossil record makes it pretty obvious Homo sapiens are a native Earth species. We've got ancestors going back ~3 million years who are considered part of the genus Homo. So saying we were dropped off a few tens of thousands of years ago is absolutely ridiculous. It's also non-sensical. Why bother doing that when manipulating the genetic code of already extant, native fauna is so much easier, and would probably have a higher success rate than trying to build your own and hope the environment doesn't kill it. Seems more likely that if there is any alien interference with our evolution, that alien interference would have happened either ~250k y.a. to Homo sapiens when we went from archaic modern humans to actually being the physically modern human we are today (before this we still existed, but there were some minor anatomical differences, the loss of which could be explained by ET intervention or experimentation) or back when Homo sapiens evolved from Homo rhodesiensis in the first place some 400 to 500 thousand years ago. Either way, any alien #ery with our DNA would be hundreds of thousands of years ago, not tens. We have waaaaaay to much evidence by means of fossils and refuse left behind by our ancestors to assume we're not endemic to this planet. Honestly, I feel the sheer fact that Gorillas, Orangutans, and chimps physically resemble modern Humans to a certain extent is proof enough for this.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'm not helping by posting in this thread, but I'd like to agree with others this has already been discussed and easily debunked. I thought the older thread was more recent, but it's from Nov 15, 2013...the last post on that thread of 15 pages was on Aug 2nd 2014, so it is fairly recent after all.

Thread

2013 Source

Oh wow looky here...it's the same guy Dr. Ellis Silver...with the exact same ideas from 2 years ago...C'mon everyone, Dr. Silver's theory is not a good one and has been debunked...I can't believe there will be 2 long threads on this crazy idea.

Dr. Ellis Silver's book Humans do not come from Earth is on Amazon for $2.99, take a look yourself, and I don't think the age old saying don't judge a book by it's cover applies here. If that is the actual cover displayed on Amazon, well I'll leave it up to you to the judging.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Your thesis is silly. The simple explanation is that humans had 4 billion years to evolve. "Seeding" is needlessly complex - aliens driving around the universe, using DNA to make it look like we evolved, etc. Use the principle of simplicity and see that it is easy to explain humans through natural selection.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: Xtrozero

It is far from hyperbole.

The fact is that statistically it is extremely unlikely for humanity currently knowing all that there is to know about DNA and the Universe.

Therefore logically, making presumptions based on limited knowledge and comprehension about it is unwise.

Really? This is not the mother of all hyperbole? knowing all that there is to know about DNA and the Universe.

lol ok...I give...

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Humans are also the ONLY animal or creature that ' squints ' while in direct sunlight among other things that call " evolution " into question... Our bones are weak and brittle compared to neanderthals..we are short lived....Hell we still are prone to the effects of alcohol....after thousands of years and after 100's of generations vodka still gets you drunk very quickly...no other land animal squints but we do and we are supposedly top of the food chain, most recently evolved biped...that is actually a devolvment in my opinion...i would agree that we are not from this planet.....a reply to: Telos

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: wyrmboy12
Humans are also the ONLY animal or creature that ' squints ' while in direct sunlight among other things that call " evolution " into question... Our bones are weak and brittle compared to neanderthals..we are short lived....Hell we still are prone to the effects of alcohol....after thousands of years and after 100's of generations vodka still gets you drunk very quickly...no other land animal squints but we do and we are supposedly top of the food chain, most recently evolved biped...that is actually a devolvment in my opinion...i would agree that we are not from this planet.....a reply to: Telos

And dogs can't look up.

That's why they are man's best friend... they're both not from this planet.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I am definitely not from this planet!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

The new film Jupiter rising is about aliens who control earth after seeding the planet a few thousand years ago.....

Wow, what a synchronicity! There's another thread I was just
reading before this one where the OP states that he was pretty
sure the film was called Jupiter Rising but now the film is
called Jupiter Ascending. They're talking about a possible
dimensional shift, I know may be off topic, but I just had to respond
to your post.

The MODS can take my reply down if they feel its off
topic.

Rebel 5

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rebelv

originally posted by: EA006

The new film Jupiter rising is about aliens who control earth after seeding the planet a few thousand years ago.....

Wow, what a synchronicity! There's another thread I was just
reading before this one where the OP states that he was pretty
sure the film was called Jupiter Rising but now the film is
called Jupiter Ascending. They're talking about a possible
dimensional shift, I know may be off topic, but I just had to respond
to your post.

The MODS can take my reply down if they feel its off
topic.

Rebel 5

For what it's worth, there was a band called 'Jupiter Rising'... Link...and that might be how the phrase entered the collective unconscious.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I recently watched a trailer for a documentary
in which remote viewers saw an ancient
civilization on Mars and that they were human.

I watched it on The Farsight Institute website.

Rebel 5

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It was God that did it. He made us in his image and part of the collective has been denying it for generations..

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
That makes up for some interesting read. American ecologist Dr Ellis Silver believes that humans do not originate from Earth. He believes, based on evidence, that humans were brought to earth by aliens as recently as a few thousand years ago.

A balloon returned from a high-altitude flight this year covered in microscopic life forms which seemed not to be of this world - and reignited the debate over whether life on Earth actually began here, or somewhere else.

This year, other scientists have argued that life originated on Mars, due to a mineral found in Martian meteorites, thought to be crucial to the genesis of life. Another experiment showed that amino acids could have arrived in impacts with comets - which suggests life might be widespread in the solar system.

But a new book by American ecologist Dr Ellis Silver argues that humans may well not be from Earth - and may have arrived separately. Silver offers arguments, based on human physiology, that suggest we may not have evolved alongside other life on Earth - but arrived from elsewhere, brought here by aliens as recently as a few tens of thousands of years ago.

Silver, an environmentalist who is currently working with the effort to clean plastic debris from the Pacific, says his book aims to provoke debate - and is based on scientific work on the difference between humans and other animals.

www.thedailytrends.net...

Go to the late Lloyde Pye who has a 2 hour documentary he was talking about this.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: rebelv

I recently watched a trailer for a documentary
in which remote viewers saw an ancient
civilization on Mars and that they were human.

I watched it on The Farsight Institute website.

Rebel 5

The problem with that hypothesis is that Mars is thought to have lost it atmosphere some 3.5 billion years ago or so. While I'm not so sure about the when, it is certain that Mars lost its atmosphere much more that1 billion years ago (based on Martial fossils)...so it would seem that there was never a civilization there, certainly not native, and probably not alien either.

Also, "remote viewing" does not typically have a temporal component...that is a different faculty.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I don't believe in darwin theory..its still just theory and even with the evidence that scientist have. For me it doesn't make logical sense that humans are from apes. I also think that humankind was bring here by aliens and there are lot of evidence about that in ancient history.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: narky

Well of course it doesn't make sense that humans evolved from modern apes, since the theory of evolution doesn't claim that. But rather just that homo sapiens (humans) have a common ancestor to modern Apes.

Dawkins has a way of explaining it that even the lame man can understand, if your having such a hard time getting your head around the basic theory of evolution.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Fact is, we share 98% of the genes with the primates on Earth, like the chimpanzee and even share up to 85% of our genes with fish.

genetics.thetech.org...

---

This shows that we (life on Earth) have grown up, developed, intimately together on this here planet.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

How about if DNA is universal so all life shares a percentage of DNA.

Perhaps if alien DNA is tested it would be 99% the same as human DNA, the truth is that there is a lot of speculation about extraterrestrial ancestry even though no one on the site has any conclusive proof of DNA on a universal scale.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: wyrmboy12

Seriously? That's your argument? Incredible....

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join