It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans Are Not From Earth, Scientist Says Aliens Brought Us Here

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
That makes up for some interesting read. American ecologist Dr Ellis Silver believes that humans do not originate from Earth. He believes, based on evidence, that humans were brought to earth by aliens as recently as a few thousand years ago.

A balloon returned from a high-altitude flight this year covered in microscopic life forms which seemed not to be of this world - and reignited the debate over whether life on Earth actually began here, or somewhere else.

This year, other scientists have argued that life originated on Mars, due to a mineral found in Martian meteorites, thought to be crucial to the genesis of life. Another experiment showed that amino acids could have arrived in impacts with comets - which suggests life might be widespread in the solar system.

But a new book by American ecologist Dr Ellis Silver argues that humans may well not be from Earth - and may have arrived separately. Silver offers arguments, based on human physiology, that suggest we may not have evolved alongside other life on Earth - but arrived from elsewhere, brought here by aliens as recently as a few tens of thousands of years ago.

Silver, an environmentalist who is currently working with the effort to clean plastic debris from the Pacific, says his book aims to provoke debate - and is based on scientific work on the difference between humans and other animals.

www.thedailytrends.net...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos

The new film Jupiter rising is about aliens who control earth after seeding the planet a few thousand years ago.....

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
It would make sense from an evolutionary development point of view, such that there is only humanity on Earth capable of thinking abstractly and with anywhere near the ability of mind, which is in itself statistically improbable given all the similarities between all the other life on Earth and their far more limited capabilities.

Millions of years of basic land living to the technology we have in a few thousands of years suggests some extremely non average developmental evolution.

Also seeing as every atom on Earth being from space and the fact that tonnes of space dust is deposited on Earth yearly, every major DNA catalyst could have arrived from space, perhaps even deliberately.
edit on 4-4-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I don't believe we are a earthly species I mean we are now because of evolution and adapting..dinosaurs were the rulers of this planet then woosh they die off and here we are on our little gadgets pecking away I think we know more than what we let on like were did this technology come from hmmm? Anyways good post

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
It would make sense from an evolutionary development point of view, such that there is only humanity on Earth capable of thinking abstractly and with anywhere near the ability of mind, which is in itself statistically improbable given all the similarities between all the other life on Earth and their far more limited capabilities.

Millions of years of basic land living to the technology we have in a few thousands of years suggests some extrememly non average developmental evolution.

Which also explains our "imperfections" compare to other creatures on earth. Chronic illness, low tolerance to the sun, 223 extra genes etc.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

The new film Jupiter rising is about aliens who control earth after seeding the planet a few thousand years ago.....

I couldn't find any info on this movie. Can you elaborate more please?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

every now and then comes up a person who claim aliens involve in our human history. So i say OK, whats now ? where are they? why they brought us here? who are they? what are we suppose to do here? (and you get my drift)
Aliens or not, i feel like we are a bunch of retarded creatures playing in the universe sand box.
edit on 4-4-2015 by vArchon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telos

I couldn't find any info on this movie. Can you elaborate more please?

I think he meant Jupiter Ascending.

I think...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Prometheus!

Big things have small beginnings.

We were seeded.

edit on 4-4-2015 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Millions of years of basic land living to the technology we have in a few thousands of years suggests some extrememly non average developmental evolution.

Which also explains our "imperfections" compare to other creatures on earth. Chronic illness, low tolerance to the sun, 223 extra genes etc.

For what it's worth I'm incredibly fond of either a prometheus or ancient alien type theory. But just to play devils advocate and apply scientific scrutiny, domesticated animals suffer from chronic illness. Also, if I just go out into the sun without a tolerance to it, my pale skin does get burnt to a crisp, but once I get a tolerance to the sun, my skin just goes golden brown and I can walk around without a top or sunscreen for 12 hours a day in a desert type environment without an issue.

I personally think we did evolve on this earth. But maybe, just maybe, we might have been domesticated by some higher entity that was not of this world. Well, its a fascinating thought at least. Not convinced of it as some kind of fact though.
edit on 4-4-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Silver chose not to publish in a scientific imprint, wanting to inspire open debate.

Yeah. He chose not to seek peer review.

“Little in the book can be proven - it can only be supposed or suspected. But there is more than enough indisputable evidence to make further study worthwhile.”

There is more than enough indisputable evidence that little in the book can be proven, I suppose or suspect.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

How can he account for the remains being found of humans and hominids many dating back into the 100K or more?

Our closest relatives are now extinct such as Neanderthals and just today there is a thread about a 150,000 skull of one found in a cave. After 150,000 Years in a Cave, a Neanderthal Skull Looks Like This Our DNA is so similar a single particle of human skin could contaminate the results to testing Neanderthal DNA.

What is is strong evidence that contradicts the mountains of evidence showing we did develop here? If he doesn't have any then it seems his book is more science fiction than actual science.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

his book aims to provoke debate -

Well lets see, what are the requirements for interstellar travelers to "seed" planets that are capable of sustaining life?

If I was in that business I would need a big sack of seeds, a few eggs and embryos (in cryo-storage), some beings capable of reproducing (wombs are mandatory), to get things started.

A lab to manipulate the DNA and diversify life, producing different strains and subspecies once the tree begins producing.

Then we need green houses, gardeners, maybe a whirling dervish to keep people from snacking on the juicy embryonic fruit hanging from the tree of life…
edit on 4-4-2015 by intrptr because: clarity, additional

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Chronic illness...dude I'm almost NEVER sick...

Low tolerance to the Sun...I have a Wolfdog, who is less tolerant of the Sun than I. But, then he has Black fur, so, the direct Sun isn't something he is very fond of...

223 extra genes; Did you know that there are many, many creatures on this rock with more genes than Humans. Kind of wish I'd payed a little more attention so that I could list the species, but, I' sure if someone tried they could easily find the far more simple creatures with a larger genome than Terrestrial Humans.

Now that that is out of the way; there is evidence extant that may show that the Human genome was altered, perhaps significantly, around 8000 (or so) years ago. If One looks into the development and evolution of the male Y-DNA this can be seen.

This change in evolution, occurs around the same time that two Extraterrestrial groups were being "kicked off" the Earth by real Terrestrials. These two groups were the Nommo (reptilians), and the "Nordic"...Annunaki.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

“Lizards can sunbathe for as long as they like - and many of them do. We can just about get away with it for a week or two. But day after day in the sun? Forget it. You might as well just lie down on the freeway and wait for a bus to hit you.” We are dazzled by the sun, which is also odd, says Silver - most animals are not.

Pigs, elephants and whales can get sunburned and dogs too if they have patchy fur. This means his logic isn't very good and his suspicions about alien delivery amount to GIGO.

“My thesis proposes that mankind did not evolve from that particular strain of life, but evolved elsewhere and was transported to Earth (as fully evolved Homo sapiens) between 60,000 and 200,000 years ago.”

How does he square the fact that we've got Neanderthal DNA in our genome? Or that 60% of our DNA is the same as a humble fruit fly? Or even that we can splice a Parkinson's disease gene into that fruit fly and watch it display similar symptoms? If we didn't evolve here, why is so much of our genome so clearly terrestrial?

If we were brought here, to this 'prison planet,' the aliens would be as dim-witted as a Bond villain. They'd have brought a few thousand specimens of a 'violent species' and let them grow into a technological, armed species numbering 7 billion and counting.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
quote]originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

Millions of years of basic land living to the technology we have in a few thousands of years suggests some extremely non average developmental evolution.

Also seeing as every atom on Earth being from space and the fact that tonnes of space dust is deposited on Earth yearly, every major DNA catalyst could have arrived from space, perhaps even deliberately.. ...wrong on many counts, Corvids (crows), Dolphins/Whales, HIgher Primates all have similar mechanisms as us mentally, they just often dont have hands, and in cases where they do in other higher primates, they if maintained in sufficient populations, over time have a good probability under similar circumstances to produce similar levels of technological progression as humans had.

Remember, for 99% of the time humanity has been a 'species' we weren't these composed self realized hyper sentient beings that SOME of us have become as of late, we were ignorant of the mechanisms of our own lives, and the world, and basic reality.

So the idea that Aliens had a DIRECT action on our Hominid kin is really pretty ridiculous and speaks far more of Humanities false uniqueness effect more than anything. The FALSE belief that humans are some how 'special', superior, and fundamentally DIFFERENT animals than every other animal on earth is predicated on outdated beliefs and belies a great misunderstanding of biological evolution and a lack of intuition.

Now, the idea that Aliens Seeded ALL life on earth seems to me to be far more probably, weather intentionally seeded or unintentionally seeded through some inter stellar mechanism.
edit on 4-4-2015 by immoralist because: didnt quote earlier

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Low tolerance to the sun? *cough cough speak for yourself cough*. Medium & dark complexions don't have that issue. Also, other animals get illnesses as well. But usually they die from natural causes before they're killed by the arthritis, SIV (Simian immunodeficiency viruses), etc. Even common injuries can lead to gangrene & other infections that will kill them. Being an animal's pretty rough.

As for the topic, there are far too many homo sapien skeletons that have been discovered for this to be correct LOL I'm guessing this "scientist" needs to spend a little more time researching his field.

Upon previewing this post: WOW, this sounds really mean! Ok, I'm typing this with a smile but it's totally not translating into my words. Just note that I'm saying this like a friend would, not like a confrontational jerk

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I don't think anything was "Seeded" by intelligence. I do think it very reasonable to think the building blocks of life were perhaps sparked from an external source. After,all the gold and most elements weren't created on earth they are part of star dust that the gravitational pull of the earth settled and regurgitated here.

Every single atom in our bodies—the calcium in our bones, the carbon in your genes, the iron in our blood, the gold in our filling—was created in a star billions of years ago.

www.pbs.org...

Here's what really blows my mind, Hydrogen atoms in water in our bodies was formed way back from the Big Bang. Hydrogen atoms don't come from the earth and sea; they came from the early universe. So essentially, the atoms in my very fingers and toes are over 13 billion years old.

We live because stars died; Simple and beautiful.

Fossilized remains of Cyanobacteria (blue-green algae), have been found in Australia dating back to between 3.4 and 2.8 billion years ago. However they are already formed in a complex way. So either they were originally formed early and we haven't found those fossils, or perhaps they did come from external cosmic debris like all those wonderful elements..

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I'm still amazed people don't understand who Jupiter is lol.. It's not like they changed the name.. I havn't watched it, but I imagine either Saturn or Kronos are in power in the beginning or try to get power..
Hearing the movie was bad has put me off for now though..

In fact I see the same story over and over and over in so many cultures.. Pray to the most high Lord.. Amen Ra... Odin... Jupiter... you may know him as Zeus? Christians and their Ankh the symbol of life.. The cross.. Some call em God's, Some call em Angels.. They are said to shapeshift, but maybe it's clothing/armor/mask... They mostly seem super horny.. Virgin Birth of dude who is both man and god.. He is on earth instead of in heaven, er mount olympus..

I never understood why they chose to change the story, but maybe it was after the war that the guy in charge said no more of the other guys.. I'm the only god that you were created in my image.. It's after the Star Wars.. Not so far away not so long ago...

Who Knows? I'm not sure I believe those guys anyway, but maybe that's how it went down..

I personally consider myself an altered primate.. Altered naturally or in bursts??? I dunno..
edit on 4-4-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Well, if this is the case, Aliens dropped off some mice here with us because the sugar in our blood and also the mice blood is different than most other animals on the planet. They have an explanation for that though, I guess it sounds feasable, we are chickens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join