It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans Are Not From Earth, Scientist Says Aliens Brought Us Here

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

Silver chose not to publish in a scientific imprint, wanting to inspire open debate.

Yeah. He chose not to seek peer review.

“Little in the book can be proven - it can only be supposed or suspected. But there is more than enough indisputable evidence to make further study worthwhile.”

There is more than enough indisputable evidence that little in the book can be proven, I suppose or suspect.

I had to wonder if the ecologist might be slightly out of his field of expertise.

But what you said too.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: draknoir2

Silver chose not to publish in a scientific imprint, wanting to inspire open debate.

Yeah. He chose not to seek peer review.

“Little in the book can be proven - it can only be supposed or suspected. But there is more than enough indisputable evidence to make further study worthwhile.”

There is more than enough indisputable evidence that little in the book can be proven, I suppose or suspect.

I had to wonder if the ecologist might be slightly out of his field of expertise.

But what you said too.

No, never! He wrote a book, after all, so surely he must know what he's talking about!

I can't believe anyone actually believes this drivel.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Many of us were brought here, seem to recall a soul journey long ago, being brought to places, but some journeys are choices as well.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

his book aims to provoke debate -

Well lets see, what are the requirements for interstellar travelers to "seed" planets that are capable of sustaining life?

If I was in that business I would need a big sack of seeds, a few eggs and embryos (in cryo-storage), some beings capable of reproducing (wombs are mandatory), to get things started.

A lab to manipulate the DNA and diversify life, producing different strains and subspecies once the tree begins producing.

Then we need green houses, gardeners, maybe a whirling dervish to keep people from snacking on the juicy embryonic fruit hanging from the tree of life…

Sounds good...unless Icame along and quaffed the lot for breakfast!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Sounds logical. Why would Earth nature produce us humans which seem to be nothing but a giant poisonous burden on the rest of the ecology of this planet? We don't belong here. We're an infestation of an otherwise rich and harmonious ecosystem. A plague.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Here's what really blows my mind, Hydrogen atoms in water in our bodies was formed way back from the Big Bang. Hydrogen atoms don't come from the earth and sea; they came from the early universe. So essentially, the atoms in my very fingers and toes are over 13 billion years old.

But they arent really your atoms. You just stole them by absorbing them from another source :p

Regarding life itself coming from another world... I actually think its a highly plausible idea. Asteroid seeding has always seemed normal in my world, like a shotgun delivery system of organic material to inhabitable worlds. If an old civilization wanted to seed the universe and didnt care about the time it take or precision in deployment, that's how they would do it.

But not really aliens (or "gods") plopping down ready made humans thousands of years ago, no. There is plenty of evidence that humanoids and later humans have been here for a very, very long time. Many fringe theories involve modern humans being older than previously thought - probably more so than humans being younger.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Sucks because I heard that movie was crap. I might still watch it

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=19197713]Telos

“Lizards can sunbathe for as long as they like - and many of them do. We can just about get away with it for a week or two. But day after day in the sun? Forget it.

Lizards certainly can't sunbathe for as long as they want. They would die. They are cold blooded and rely on the sun to stay warm and they rely on staying out of the sun to cool down. That is how they regulate their temperature. Go to your local pet store and they will tell you that your pet lizard environment needs to be at a very specific temperatures in different places. In my environment there is the hot spot right under the heat lamp that should be between 105 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit and a cool area around 80 degrees. At night the temp can go down to 68 or so. If they have no place to cool off or warm up or if it gets too cold, they will die. They also need a full spectrum light source in order to process the calcium or they will get very sick. Its hard being a lizard.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Very interesting article! But I disagree, just my personal opinion. Others have already explained about low tolerance to the sun, extra genes, etc. I disagree with his theory about back pain being due to our bodies having evolved in lower gravity. It doesn't make sense as we would have adapted after 200000 years on this planet (his timeline). There are too many reasons to name them all that can give back pain, for example: injuries, lifting heavy objects, being overweight, sitting for too long, slouching, weak abdominal muscles, etc.

I don't get the 'big head' theory. If we have heads that are too big to come out of our mothers, how does this indicate that we are not from this planet??? How are babies born in other planets????

originally posted by: tanka418

Now that that is out of the way; there is evidence extant that may show that the Human genome was altered, perhaps significantly, around 8000 (or so) years ago. If One looks into the development and evolution of the male Y-DNA this can be seen.

What is this evidence that shows our DNA was altered?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Sounds logical. Why would Earth nature produce us humans which seem to be nothing but a giant poisonous burden on the rest of the ecology of this planet? We don't belong here. We're an infestation of an otherwise rich and harmonious ecosystem. A plague.

Well I don't personally think there's anything inherently illogical about it. But your premise is based on the assumption that the earth is some kind of conscious entity with a plan. When really earth is (probably) just a rock with a lot of interesting chemistry occurring.

Plus, if life is consciously trying to achieve some kind of purpose, why would that be to be bound to this rock forever. More likely it would want to become independent and would use all available resources to achieve its independence from this earth. Hence, us very wasteful homo sapiens who show little regard for future generations of life forms.

You could go either way really.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
.a reply to: Telos
Can't find any academic credentials that would indicate his hypothesis is anything but rectally sourced.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Decent minds think alike...

I've been looking for those myself.

It's barely conceivable that a PhD in (presumably) ecology could be so far off beam and so thoroughly. He apparently ran a Texas marine park that was ruined by Hurricane Ike.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: vArchon

In my opinion the "they" would be our ancestors. We are about to send people to live on Mars an even more uninhabitable planet, why would us getting here be any different ? Even whites and blacks, Asians etc none of us look the same at all. Huge difference there genetically.

edit on 4-4-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

I, Caucasian as it gets having brown hair, blue eyes and stupid in my younger years surfing without sunscreen, can adapt slowly to the sun and never require sunscreen I get so dark with a base tan I can stay out all day unprotected without burning. But now I have permanent wrinkles. If I tried to go from white skin in winter to hot summer day without base tan I would fry and be hospitalized. I get your point about the reptiles but the iguanas in central America stay out there all day even on hot roofs.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Decent minds think alike...

I've been looking for those myself.

It's barely conceivable that a PhD in (presumably) ecology could be so far off beam and so thoroughly. He apparently ran a Texas marine park that was ruined by Hurricane Ike.

...and his Twitter account doesn't cite his Phd. Even Barry Fell waved his doctorate around to claim legitimacy.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

It's looking likely that it's just for publicity via the micro-publisher. They've done a grand job as his book's been featured in a raft of tabloid media outlets.

Good to see you JC

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I believe I said almost the exact same thing 5 or 6 years ago on a thread here on ATS and I still believe it nowe. I'm not a Scientist though, just came to the conclusion myself.

S+F

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Also, if I just go out into the sun without a tolerance to it, my pale skin does get burnt to a crisp, but once I get a tolerance to the sun, my skin just goes golden brown and I can walk around without a top or sunscreen for 12 hours a day in a desert type environment without an issue.

You're so wrong. Long exposure to sun can cause great damage to the skin, including a rapid aging, skin cancer and so forth. Check the pick below. This guy had half of his face exposed to sun more than the other half due to his job as a truck driver. The image speaks for it self:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
.a reply to: Telos
Can't find any academic credentials that would indicate his hypothesis is anything but rectally sourced.

There is no need for academic credentials for this one. He didn't make any discovery. What he's saying are just facts logically analyzed and put together to reach an educated conclusion. What might be different with this guys is that he had the will to do that.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

Ok, our ancestors, a reasonable explanation.But that's raise a lot more new questions that need to be answered....This topic is like a Hydras head, you cut one down, and ten more heads comes out.
And regarding to our looks, as i understand it humans genetics are quite the same no matter the "race" (am i wrong?)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join