It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans Are Not From Earth, Scientist Says Aliens Brought Us Here

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telos

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
.a reply to: Telos
Can't find any academic credentials that would indicate his hypothesis is anything but rectally sourced.

There is no need for academic credentials for this one. He didn't make any discovery. What he's saying are just facts logically analyzed and put together to reach an educated conclusion. What might be different with this guys is that he had the will to do that.

What's more convincing?

1 - A PhD says that life was brought to Earth by aliens
2 - An unknown writer says that life was brought to Earth by aliens

Would Number 2 have gotten his book in the MSM?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

There is no need for academic credentials for this one. He didn't make any discovery. What he's saying are just facts logically analyzed and put together to reach an educated conclusion. What might be different with this guys is that he had the will to do that.

Sure. Why not.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
We share too much with other life on this planet for this. I'd much rather believe the aquatic ape theory over this one for our oddities.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

"Scientists" - referring to this enigmatic collective species which mysteriously have yet to be spotted in this thing we humans refer to as real life, would try to talk themselves into a box if they had their way.

I have yet to see credible evidence by any modern scientist - at least since the 1980s - that scientists have actually done any real postulate based science that isn't based on the anthill methodology.

To me. I'm regarding the real 'contributors' to the forward advancement of this thing we call reality to the engineers and artisans actually experiencing and testing and building things based on experiential science - until the scientists come back to earth.

I mean. Let's be real. The Theory of Relativity and the Theory of the Multiverse - to scientists at least - is still simply theory. Meanwhile, you have what you see on televisions, video games, and a whole computing industry built on these concepts being simple fact!

I'll start to 'believe' in scientists again when they start referring to themselves in the first person by name, not in third person as their collective form.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Here is a thought. What if Aliens didnt seed life so much as they GENETICALLY MODIFIED EXISTING LIFE.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

More plausible than we came straight up from space while everything else here did not despite our sharing so much with everything here genetically...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: universalbri
I mean. Let's be real. The Theory of Relativity and the Theory of the Multiverse - to scientists at least - is still simply theory. Meanwhile, you have what you see on televisions, video games, and a whole computing industry built on these concepts being simple fact!

Please Google 'scientific theory'.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Here is a thought. What if Aliens didnt seed life so much as they GENETICALLY MODIFIED EXISTING LIFE.

I'm kind of an "everything" person: all of the above.

I personally believe there has been, probably still is some kind of off planet involvement.

DNA manipulation of indiginous, hybrids, planted, etc.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Foderalover
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

. I get your point about the reptiles but the iguanas in central America stay out there all day even on hot roofs.

I don't think you do. Iguanas are a really good example of what I was talking about. They live in Central America because that is where the environment is perfect for them. That's why there are none in New Jersey. They would die. If they stay on a really hot roof too long, they will die. My friend's pet iguana died because she left it in her car too long and it got too hot. When people get too hot, they sweat.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
What is this evidence that shows our DNA was altered?

As I said; look into the genetic history and evolution of the Male Y-DNA. When you do you will see an "event" that happened about 7000 - 8000 years ago.

As for the source of the event; interaction with extraterrestrials from at least 2 different cultures is evident in the myth and legend of virtually every micro-culture to ever exist on Earth...from then end of the last Ice age to today.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: universalbri

Actually, Electronic devices, such as televisions, your cell phone, the whole of the computing industry, doesn't rely on either the theory or relativity or the theory of a multiverse.

But, to be ore real; Relativity is a theory, in that predictions can be made and see to be true. Kind of like Gravity, it may be a theory, but, I can predict that if you step off a precipice that you will fall, and how fast.

The "theory of a multiverse" isn't really a theory, it is a hypothesis; mainly because those predictions that the theories can make, don't exist in the hypothesis. Basically it's just a fanciful idea, that begins to answer some questions, but it has not the maturity of a theory.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: yuppa

I'm kind of an "everything" person: all of the above.

I personally believe there has been, probably still is some kind of off planet involvement.

DNA manipulation of indiginous, hybrids, planted, etc.

Maybe aliens made dolphins go back to the sea with their DNA manipulation. HAs anyone ever thought that the annunaki are the dolphins? But yeah i believe were being genetically scrwed with. fukishima might be a peice of their tool kit to mod japanese dna strands.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

.a reply to: Telos
Can't find any academic credentials that would indicate his hypothesis is anything but rectally sourced.

What's more convincing?

1 - A PhD says that life was brought to Earth by aliens
2 - An unknown writer says that life was brought to Earth by aliens

Would Number 2 have gotten his book in the MSM?

I agree with your idea. Obviouslly a phd has way more credibility than an unkown writer. So in principal I share the same opinion with you. However, I repeat, this guy didn't discover anything new, he didn't invent anything. Just used all the available information that has been provided by science and came up with a reasoning which we have to admit is quiet logical. That's all.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Sure. Why not.

John, sarcasm is for people with arguments. Arrogance is for ignorants.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: intrptr

his book aims to provoke debate -

Well lets see, what are the requirements for interstellar travelers to "seed" planets that are capable of sustaining life?

If I was in that business I would need a big sack of seeds, a few eggs and embryos (in cryo-storage), some beings capable of reproducing (wombs are mandatory), to get things started.

A lab to manipulate the DNA and diversify life, producing different strains and subspecies once the tree begins producing.

Then we need green houses, gardeners, maybe a whirling dervish to keep people from snacking on the juicy embryonic fruit hanging from the tree of life…

Sounds good…unless Icame along and quaffed the lot for breakfast!

You can't get by a whirling dervish…

Tats why they got 'locked out' of the garden, you know.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Yeah, he's covering old terrain. A lot of Lloyd Pye and ancient astronauts in his mixture.

Appeals to authority work wonders for the UFO market and his audience is that C2C demographic imo. Tossing in a PhD will increase book sales and credibility for the ideas.

Having said that, we have no idea if he's got a PhD or not so it could go either way. The reason I looked for credentials wasn't to attack the messenger. It was because he doesn't seem to have done any basic research to challenge his proposals.

Posts like yours and others have shown more integrity and credible arguments than what we've seen from this author.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Humanity - brought to you by the good people at Mansantoes.
Galactic Patent pending.
edit on 4-4-2015 by Smack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Sure. Why not.

John, sarcasm is for people with arguments. Arrogance is for ignorants.

And sometimes one just has to let somebody run with it, because there's just not a damn thing to be said that might induce anything resembling critical thinking.
The VERY first thing I do when I encounter 'alternative' thinking is check out the credentials of the person being cited. This Dr. Ellis Silver is laying out a doctorate to enhance his story. OK, is he a biologist, a chiropractor, or did he buy a D.D. from the Universal Life Church? That goes to credibility. If I can't find it, I'm skeptical of not only the individual, but also what is being pitched.
Hey, I like it on the fringes, and I've walked the walk. But I will also call Bravo Sierra when I hear it.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

How can he account for the remains being found of humans and hominids many dating back into the 100K or more?

Our closest relatives are now extinct such as Neanderthals and just today there is a thread about a 150,000 skull of one found in a cave. After 150,000 Years in a Cave, a Neanderthal Skull Looks Like This Our DNA is so similar a single particle of human skin could contaminate the results to testing Neanderthal DNA.

What is is strong evidence that contradicts the mountains of evidence showing we did develop here? If he doesn't have any then it seems his book is more science fiction than actual science.

There is no concrete evidence we evolved on Earth. The best we have are theories, not facts, but theories. There's more evidence the pyramids were once submerged under water than evidence we evolved on earth. Humans like to tout around theories like they're facts, it's part of our superiority complex and defense mechanism to deal with stuff we don't understand. If mainstream academia didn't have such problems with saying "We don't know" we'd probably have allot more "evidence" than theory.
edit on 4-4-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

It's a strong delusion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join