It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas to allow residents to carry concealed guns without permit

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
a reply to: Vasa Croe
Oh great! I suppose. Though what most of them gun carriers have to worry about is crazed squirrels attacking them. But freedom to carry and all that, I personally want my freedom to carry swords around like in ancient Japan. Not because it will be that effective in a real gun fight, but because it looks cool.

Besides even guns now a days are not effective when the government can condition some 18 yr olds to fly there drones around with high caliber mounted snipers on them and all. # through the magic of technology you can have a whole army of them just flying around and they will be able to shoot out your cigarette from 5 miles away, you would be dead before you even know it. Or you can cut a Gatling gun on them drones and you can mow down a whole militia of gun loving patriots in a minute. And for added effects on the control screen of the drones controls you can even add in effects to numb the realness of it all, you know instead of blood squirting out of people when you shoot them, you got numbers out and points coming out of them....With an army of videogame players and a whole bunch of drones you can pretty much wipe out whole foot army's in days.

But just messing with you. I think its cool that they can carry without license now. To tell the truth most firearms though effective are outdated like I said above in any real SHTF scenario. And if anything else. It will make for some interesting viral videos on youtube. Ever since they introduced the whole GO-Pro small cameras out there, we got a new category of epic go-pro failures like every day on the Internets. I cant wait till this law goes into effect country wide, can you imagine all the butterfingers which will be carrying then? It will lead to some hilarious outtakes and vids.

Next you-tube headline is going to be...Man in Kansas forgets gun in his pocket, sits down and shoots his foot off.

A sniper rifle mounted on a drone? I am 99% sure that drones will never replace snipers.

As far as the rest of your scenario, you are assuming everyone will be in large groups I guess, that and out in the open? Either way, that scenario is really far fetched and really has nothing to do with the OP.

Firearms are outdated? I don't recall anyone carrying a flintlock around recently.

Anywho....

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I am damn glad to finally see a politician standing up for the people who put him in office.
Now, excuse me,, but I gotta start packing for my move to Kansas, cause here in Illinois, we're never going to see this from our assh....er..... represenatives.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Not that far fetched, the military has spend millions if not billions on less effective things.

If you think it cant be done, or is far fetched...Well what can I say.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I am damn glad to finally see a politician standing up for the people who put him in office.
Now, excuse me,, but I gotta start packing for my move to Kansas, cause here in Illinois, we're never going to see this from our assh....er..... represenatives.

Oh come now.. Living in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Illinois is not all bad...

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I know where I'm moving when the SHTF.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

Yep. Cops always show up AFTER the crime, too late then for them to be of any use. These days when they get there, they only escalate the situation, so they will have a reason to shoot the victim. Cops are worthless. We can do better for ourselves, and they are not needed any longer. Heck, by all definitions of the word criminal...they are worse than the criminals.
edit on 5-4-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes

Well I think one of the first steps is to start supporting Freemasonry some more.

I just set up a Go Fund Me account. U2U if you feel like 'supporting' this Mason.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DYepes

Well I think one of the first steps is to start supporting Freemasonry some more.

I just set up a Go Fund Me account. U2U if you feel like 'supporting' this Mason.

If you really are a Mason, and looking for support? LOL, You may as well be a lost cat walking through a yard full of pit bulls. This is not a Mason friendly environment. Pretty sure of it.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I meant moral support to the Masons, but I think I would save my monetary donations for an actual lodge, not that they actually need public funding

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

If you really are a Mason, and looking for support?

I guess the satire was lost on you.

LOL, You may as well be a lost cat walking through a yard full of pit bulls. This is not a Mason friendly environment. Pretty sure of it.

Says who? I have been here for close to 8 years now.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

Oh well. I was gonna treat us both to some Scotch.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
i am all for allowing the public to carry with out ccw permits but thank god for the ones who have them who have stepped up and put down the wild dogs out there like the guy who chopped off the womans head a few months ago a ccw permit carrier stopped him from doing the same to another victim.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Watch the pendulum swing the other way when some important politician's kid gets shot or collateral damage invokes a boat load of law suits. The attorneys are doing a happy dance about now....

I wonder how LEOs feel about this?

It will be so cool to watch some drunk sports fan open up on a ref. after a disputed call. Or just drunks in general in a "thin the herd fest" at a Darius Rucker concert!
Good times!!

Just playing Devils advocate...this could go either way, time will tell.

Or maybe a concealed carrier will single handedly take down a drug ring by himself with his concealable pistol after his kid is murdered by one!

Do you see how ridiculous that sounds? Because that is about as likely as all the craps you just mentioned.

If a drunk football fan shoot a a ref at a game, he was going to do it regardless of the law. Anyone with a brain stem can see that being allowed to carry concealed is not a licence e to MURDER.

Your ignorance also shows, because most people who carry concealed are among the most responsibsle people on the street, given the stigma about carrying. Two kinds of people carry guns: Thugs who are probably carrying an illegal stolen gun with a body on it, and law abiding citizens who want to keep their community safe and go through all the legal channels and political red tape people like YOU have put up for them because you assume everyone who wants to carry a gun is a cowboy.

You, your wife and your daughter are all more likely to die in a crash before your brother is murdered by a gun.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
isnt kansas a failed state already?

brownback put every trickle-down theory into effect, and the results were disaster! his surplus became a deficit and they LOST jobs. corporate tax rate is 0 to spur job growth, and as one "job creator" put it, he just pocketed the extra money.

why should this be any different?

how can you catch those that have guns illegally if everyone is allowed to have guns with no license? why not go whole hog and get rid of background checks and age restrictions? why not just hand out a gun when you get your ss number? granted your tiny baby fingers cant hold the gun, but you will grow into it.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Awesome, Now people in Kansas can't walk with their hands in their pockets without getting shot by some trigger happy citizen fearing for their lives or leos getting a jump out of any hand movements at all lol.

Still, if people want this go for it, im not an citizen of USA anyways. Just pointing out the obvious is all.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: stormson

I'm pretty sure this law has nothing to do with allowing people to own a gun without a license and only allows law abiding citizens to concealed carry without a license. Not everyone is allowed to own a gun and there are certain requirements for someone to meet for them to legally own a gun. Plenty of states don't force gun owners to get a license before they own a gun and it doesn't stop them for arresting people who own illegal guns. When gun control supporters bring up kids owning weapons or people should have the right to own a nuke they are shooting themselves in the foot (no pun intended).

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Gun control supporters used that same/similar argument when people originally pushed for law abiding citizens to be able to concealed carry and were proven wrong, heck many gun control supporters still use the same argument to try and ban open carry (it doesn't work). Allowing people to CC isn't going to turn a large number of people into trigger happy gun nuts and have them start firing on people who reach into their pocket.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormson
why not go whole hog and get rid of background checks and age restrictions? why not just hand out a gun when you get your ss number? granted your tiny baby fingers cant hold the gun, but you will grow into it.

I am ok with this. Children should be taught starting from Kindergarten and continue through high school graduation about firearms safety, training, roles in our society, history in our culture, and so on. So although you were being sarcastic, I am all for a return to the days of the old west.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I wonder how many young black bangers, and young "ese" latinos, will be allowed to take the gun-permit course. can't wait for the first picture of hundreds of gang members flashing signs between magazine changes, all lined up on the shooting range, getting in some concealed-carry practice

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
I wonder how many young black bangers, and young "ese" latinos, will be allowed to take the gun-permit course. can't wait for the first picture of hundreds of gang members flashing signs between magazine changes, all lined up on the shooting range, getting in some concealed-carry practice

>implying they don't already conceal-carry

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join