It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas to allow residents to carry concealed guns without permit

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So, how does Constitutional carry directly lead to such hyper-emotional based what-ifs?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Ohh man the left wing gun control supporters seem to be getting pretty desperate. How would this law allow "black bangers" and "young "ese" latinos" to take gun permit courses or allow gang members to legally conceale their guns? This Law has nothing to do with letting non law abiding citizens who are already breaking the law when owning a gun and concealing it. I do find it funny when liberals throw groups of people under the bus after years of treating them with kid gloves and protecting them at all costs.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
There is a reason civilized people call it "Fly-Over" Country.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'm not sure some of you are getting it. It did nothing to change the laws on the legality of owning a firearm. You must still be accordance with state laws regulating them. So this decision had nothing to do with who's allowed to legally have them in the first place. That is still the same. All this has done is make it now legal to conceal the gun you carry. They were already an open carry state, meaning you can carry your gun in plain view as long as you are legally able to own it. I'm sure this rose out of people being nervous around openly carried guns and the people of Kansas wanting to make things better. Also seeing how it is your right as a citizen to carry arms and since it doesn't say anything else about that other than, that shall not be infringed and the intent about every able bodied citizen being apart of the defense of our country from any and all threats, one would believe that charging citizens to be able to exercise that right in the form of fees for the license would be unconstitutional from the start. I don't see how you can even argue with this. To make argument against something so blatantly right is akin to a 5yo arguing about why it's cool to have ice-cream for dinner...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Thank you, Sam Brownback!!!!!

Seriously, this one has had me doing the happy dance for days now! Five states down, forty-five to go!

I can't help but wonder how the Topeka cops feel about this one, considering their "hands up" nonsense recently!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: RickyD

Ya and now they can just buy it off someone that did do the checks and carry it around no problem since you don't need a permit to carry.
This swings the door open for those bad guys to carry much easier as well.

Though, really, it shouldn't matter what you have done. Your right can't be infringed right?

Again, I just find it amusing that this all comes from it being to time restrictive and costly to obtain a license.

Permits ARE costly, and were very costly in Kansas. The cost was actually prohibitive for many, since they had to add a few hundred dollars to the cost of the gun itself before being able to carry one. Folks that might be able to afford a gun could not afford the gun AND all of the paperwork. Trust me on that one.

That said, it IS a right, and no registration or permit should be needed. No registration WAS needed, but the permits worked as an effective registration, listing gun owners.

As for making it "easier" for the bad guys; they have carried illegally in Kansas all this time, and I don't see that changing with this new law. At least this way more citizens can fight back! Most crooks are cowards that prefer easy targets. Knowing literally any adult can be armed is a great deterrent!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: greencmp

No they would totally.

I am not saying that criminals are going to follow the law, just that his makes it easier for them to have a gun and conceal it.

How, specifically would this law make it easier for criminals to conceal a gun? Those carrying guns for criminal purposes are already doing so illegally, and against the laws that required permits. They care nothing for the laws. What is it you think this law does to make their lawlessness easier?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Its always a good idea to stay as far away from Topeka as possible.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Yeah... Good enough to farm all the food in the country so you can eat, pull the oil out of the ground for you so you can drive to work, but not good enough to be called civilized by liberal coast dwellers....

I've been to a lot of places in the US. As far as being civilized there are few places in the country quite as civilized as Kansas.

Especially the rural parts, and the small cities like Manhattan.

Crime is so low in some of these places that it almost doesn't register.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Its always a good idea to stay as far away from Topeka as possible.

Indeed! Not a trip we take very often.

Why, out of curiosity, do you say so?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I'm stationed at Fort Riley.

Every time I drive through there for something I see things I'd rather not see. I don't like large cities and prefer the smaller communities in Kansas.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Ah, gotcha! Are you familiar with all of the road construction in the area? Such as between Odgen and Manhattan? A lot was done that seems to have no good purpose.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I do hope that stormson, AnuTyr, and jimmyx come back to address some of the questions we asked them and back up some of the claims they made. Can anyone else show how this law will it easier for "gang bangers" to conceal their weapon and now be able to take gun-permit courses?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Typical response from someone unaccustomed to carrying a gun.

We're not carrying with the intent to use it at the drop of a hat. We're carrying, hoping we never have to.

But go on judging us.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Ohio just introduced the Constitutional Carry bill. I hope it passes.

I have the CCW certificate, but I have not gone down and gotten my permit yet, because I am not happy that my permit will be tied to my drivers license and my license plates on my car. A criminal doesn't have that intrusion, so why should I?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

It's complete. 2 clear lanes both ways now.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: nancyliedersdeaddog

Must admit, I was surprised by the racism being used as a point of contention against the law.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

In short it lets law enforcement know a fire arm is possibly present.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982
Ohio just introduced the Constitutional Carry bill. I hope it passes.

I have the CCW certificate, but I have not gone down and gotten my permit yet, because I am not happy that my permit will be tied to my drivers license and my license plates on my car. A criminal doesn't have that intrusion, so why should I?

Only thing I know about KS CCW laws, is they accept my MO CCW license... However, in Missouri the DMV and the State Attorney and the Govenor were giving CCW applicant information to the DHS. Why ? Don't know they denied doing it until the Highway patrol produced one of the CD's meant for DHS being sent to them by mistake.

Anyways, many of the counties and Sheriffs decided, since you're actually going thru the Sheriff's office to get it, to cut out the middle man (the DMV). So you actually apply with the sheriff and get it printed right there in his office. No DMV required or being tied to your license.

The down side, is the permit you get directly from the Sheriff looks fake LOL. I'm alittle worried about showing it to a city cop.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: poncho1982

In short it lets law enforcement know a fire arm is possibly present.

In Missouri the only time im required to show my CCW or even mention it, is if I am armed. If I run to the store and do not bring my fire arm I am not obligated to mention I own a gun, or a CCW.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join