It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas to allow residents to carry concealed guns without permit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

TOPEKA, Kan. – Kansas will become the fifth state to allow its residents to carry concealed firearms without a permit throughout the state.

Republican Gov. Sam Brownback on Thursday signed a bill ending the permit requirement. The change takes effect July 1.

Kansas to allow residents to carry concealed guns without permit

Go Kansas! I am pretty happy about this as I enjoy my right to carry, even though I need to have a carry permit in GA. One step in the right direction I say!

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Yes!

This is exactly what we need. The reason this is the best solution is that those who appear to be law abiding citizens instantly become a dissuasive threat to criminals instead of being an encouragement.

These benefits apply across the board without the need for anybody to actually carry.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Awesome experiment!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Here is the original report from the Kansas Star....

Star

Kansans soon can carry concealed weapons without permits or training under a bill signed by Gov. Sam Brownback on Thursday.

The new law, which kicks in July 1, makes Kansas the sixth state to allow “constitutional carry.” It will allow Kansans 21 and older to carry concealed firearms regardless of whether they have obtained a permit.

Training still will be required for anyone who wants to carry a concealed gun in the 36 states that accept Kansas permits.

Brownback touted the importance of training, explaining that his youngest son took a hunter safety course this past week.

“It was an excellent course. He got a lot out of it. I got a lot out of it. And I want to urge people to take advantage of that,” said Brownback, who was flanked by Republican lawmakers and representatives from the National Rifle Association and Kansas State Rifle Association.

Asked why he did not think training should be required if it is valuable, Brownback said carrying a gun is a constitutional right.

“We’re saying that if you want to do that in this state, then you don’t have to get the permission slip from the government,” Brownback said. “It is a constitutional right, and we’re removing a barrier to that right.”

And yes...it really IS a constitutional right!

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Awesome experiment!

Been a really long experiment since 1787 and all......

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Watch the pendulum swing the other way when some important politician's kid gets shot or collateral damage invokes a boat load of law suits. The attorneys are doing a happy dance about now....

I wonder how LEOs feel about this?

It will be so cool to watch some drunk sports fan open up on a ref. after a disputed call. Or just drunks in general in a "thin the herd fest" at a Darius Rucker concert!
Good times!!

Just playing Devils advocate...this could go either way, time will tell.
edit on 3-4-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Watch the pendulum swing the other way when some important politician's kid gets shot or collateral damage invokes a boat load of law suits. The attorneys are doing a happy dance about now....

Ok...I will keep my eyes out in the news for these things to occur. This would be any different from any of these people being shot in a criminal manner prior to this how? Or is everyone with a gun a criminal now somehow?

Doesn't really matter how LEO's feel....it is law. They have to uphold it regardless of how they feel. What is a permit going to do in avoiding a shooting anyways? You think someone that is a threat to LEO is going to flash a permit before shooting at them anyways? It really doesn't affect anything they do either way.
edit on 4/3/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Never really thought of Kansas as a place to live because North Carolina is second to none.....But Kansas just came is second.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The law does not go into effect until July 1st.

That said, there are 4 or 5 other states that have had Constitutional Carry for years with no noticeable uptick in any sort of crime that could be directly correlated to the practice of carrying concealed.

I personally welcome Constitutional Carry. One thing people should be aware of is that the permitting process is still in effect and will continue to be in effect. You're still going to need a license for out of state carry. Kansas has reciprocity with all but the "ban states", so it would still be prudent to get your CCW. Not only that but in KS if you have a concealed weapons license your purchase experience of new firearms will go much quicker.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Now if only the rest of the states could catch up to the few who have realized they have been infringing upon our right to defense of ourselves and those around us. I have always been very against the licensing and restrictions on firearms. I feel like anyone should be free to own them and carry them how they see fit. The consequences are their own. I tell ya what though we would have a whole lot less issues with the ones who have ill intent once they realize how dangerous it would be to attempt any ill will on others. Also since we can't make evil disappear I'd say it's better to be equipped for the inevitable problem rather than try to solve the impossible one by taking away our defense…cause evil don't care only the good guys care about rules or laws.

Again good on you Kansas I hope more follow!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Until one proves they are unqualified to operate a vehicle, hammer or firearm they shouldn't be deprived of operating or possessing any or all.

Go after the bad guys, not everyone.

But thats the rub elsewhere isn't it? Depriving everyone of their "rights" is obviously a control measure designed to use crime as an excuse to take away everyones firearms so authorities can 'feel safer'.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Go after the bad guys, not everyone.

Bingo.....

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

It will be so cool to watch some drunk sports fan open up on a ref. after a disputed call. Or just drunks in general in a "thin the herd fest" at a Darius Rucker concert!
Good times!!

I believe, in the hypothetical case that you suggest, that person would be considered a criminal having committed a crime.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Watch the pendulum swing the other way when some important politician's kid gets shot or collateral damage invokes a boat load of law suits. The attorneys are doing a happy dance about now….

The National Media will be the ones to dance all around the issue of public safety and cries of "for the children", just like they do all the time when a lone nut goes off.

"Oh no, public guns! Something must be done!"

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Crime will nose dive, the politics will continue to dennigrate guns and LEOs will have to suck it up.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Good times!!

I believe, in the hypothetical case that you suggest, that person would be considered a criminal having committed a crime.

Ha..yes...I love it when anti-gunners use a criminal act to say that carrying guns are bad....not the criminal act....

If I am going to a sports game, I know I will have some beers, I don't carry and I don't drive. Pretty simple concept for those that like to stick within the laws. Not sure how so many on the other side don't get this.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Why do citizens need armor penetrating ammo? let me explain
Say one day a bunch of teenagers go out into the forest and put Kevlar on a bear. Now you've got invincible bears. Do you want a god damn invincible bear rampaging around, raping our churches and burning our women? No, so we need armor penetrating ammo.
edit on 3/4/15 by SpongeBeard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpongeBeard

Say one day a bunch of teenagers go out into the forest and put Kevlar on a bear. Now you've got invincible bears. Do you want a god damn invincible bear rampaging around, raping our churches and burning our women? No, so we need armor penetrating ammo.

Huh? How does armor penetrating ammo have anything to do with allowing concealed carry in Kansas with out having to have a license? I carry most every day and have yet to have a need for armor piercing ammo, but if I wanted it I guess I would buy it....just don't have any use for it.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Crime will nose dive, the politics will continue to dennigrate guns and LEOs will have to suck it up.

I hope that is the case. Should DUI laws also apply to Guns?
edit on 3-4-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpongeBeard

A very welcome example of one of the many legitimate uses of 'armor piercing' ammunition.

I accept it into the register for posterity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join